Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
791,401 - 791,420 of 1,084,621 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

What Is Wrong With These People?

Look at this from Robert Draper’s new NYT Magazine piece,“Can The Republicans Be Saved From Obsolescence?”:

One afternoon last month, I flew with Anderson [a GOP pollster -- RD] to Columbus, Ohio, to watch her conduct two focus groups. The first consisted of 10 single, middle-class women in their 20s; the second, of 10 20-something men who were either jobless or employed but seeking better work. All of them voted for Obama but did not identify themselves as committed Democrats and were sufficiently ambivalent about the president’s performance that Anderson deemed them within reach of the Republicans. Each group sat around a large conference table with the pollster, while I viewed the proceedings from behind a panel of one-way glass.

The all-female focus group began with a sobering assessment of the Obama economy. All of the women spoke gloomily about the prospect of paying off student loans, about what they believed to be Social Security’s likely insolvency and about their children’s schooling. A few of them bitterly opined that the Democrats care little about the working class but lavish the poor with federal aid.“You get more off welfare than you would at a minimum-wage job,” observed one of them. Another added,“And if you have a kid, you’re set up for life!”

About an hour into the session, Anderson walked up to a whiteboard and took out a magic marker.“I’m going to write down a word, and you guys free-associate with whatever comes to mind,” she said. The first word she wrote was “Democrat.”

“Young people,” one woman called out.

“Liberal,” another said. Followed by:“Diverse.”“Bill Clinton.”“Change.”“Open-minded .”“Spending.”“Handouts.”“Green .”“More science-based.”

When Anderson then wrote “Republican,” the outburst was immediate and vehement:“Corporate greed.”“Old.”“Middle-aged white men.”“Rich.”“Religious.”“Conse rvative.”“Hypocritical.”“Milit ary retirees.”“Narrow-minded.”“Rig id.”“Not progressive.”“Polarizing.”“Stu ck in their ways.”“Farmers.”

Anderson concluded the group on a somewhat beseeching note.“Let’s talk about Republicans,” she said.“What if anything could they do to earn your vote?”

A self-identified anti-abortion,“very conservative” 27-year-old Obama voter named Gretchen replied:“Don’t be so right wing! You know, on abortion, they’re so out there. That all-or-nothing type of thing, that’s the way Romney came across. And you know, come up with ways to compromise.”

“What would be the sign to you that the Republican Party is moving in the right direction?” Anderson asked them.

“Maybe actually pass something?” suggested a 28-year-old schoolteacher named Courtney, who also identified herself as conservative.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

The session with the young men was equally jarring. None of them expressed great enthusiasm for Obama. But their depiction of Republicans was even more lacerating than the women’s had been.“Racist,”“out of touch” and “hateful” made the list —“and put ‘1950s’ on there too!” one called out.

Showing a reverence for understatement, Anderson said:“A lot of those words you used to describe Republicans are negative. What could they say or do to make you feel more positive about the Republican Party?”

“Be more pro-science,” said a 22-year-old moderate named Jack.“Embrace technology and change.”

“Stick to your strong suit,” advised Nick, a 23-year-old African-American.“Clearly social issues aren’t your strong suit. Stop trying to fight the battle that’s already been fought and trying to bring back a movement. Get over it — you lost.”

Later that evening at a hotel bar, Anderson pored over her notes. She seemed morbidly entranced, like a homicide detective gazing into a pool of freshly spilled blood. In the previous few days, the pollster interviewed Latino voters in San Diego and young entrepreneurs in Orlando. The findings were virtually unanimous. No one could understand the G.O.P.’s hot-blooded opposition to gay marriage or its perceived affinity for invading foreign countries. Every group believed that the first place to cut spending was the defense budget. During the whiteboard drill, every focus group described Democrats as “open-minded” and Republicans as “rigid.”

“There is a brand,” the 28-year-old pollster concluded of her party with clinical finality.“And it’s that we’re not in the 21st century.”

On the Hagel matter, the Senate GOP seems nothing but obstructionist. Who gives a rat’s ass about Benghazi? Seriously, who?

Y’all know I’m dead-set against gay marriage, but I have been saying here for some time that this is a loser of an issue for the Republicans — we on the social and religious right have lost this war — and that conservatives ought to be trying to figure out some kind of compromise that would shield religious liberty in the face of the clear and unstoppable direction the culture and the polity is going on this issue. But Republicans are not even talking that way. Do they have any political sense at all?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a case of acute FOXitis. Don't worry, there's a cure. If you stop watching FOX your world will instantly brighten up. Things are fantastic in my world, I never touch the stuff. Tried it once and vomited for a week.
I am reminded of a movie with the mayor of Atlantis telling the people there was just a simple plumbing problem.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for throwing No Surprise (Florida) a bone!! You are the only one who does. He is starved for some interaction here. How would you feel if you spent your entire life posting comments and no one knew you even existed? You would be using the judgits too! Thanks again for your act of kindness.
It will make my, er, his day!!
Hugs, NWaxman
Talking to yourself is another symptom....
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The session with the young men was equally jarring. None of them expressed great enthusiasm for Obama. But their depiction of Republicans was even more lacerating than the women’s had been.“Racist,”“out of touch” and “hateful” made the list —“and put ‘1950s’ on there too!” one called out.
Showing a reverence for understatement, Anderson said:“A lot of those words you used to describe Republicans are negative. What could they say or do to make you feel more positive about the Republican Party?”
“Be more pro-science,” said a 22-year-old moderate named Jack.“Embrace technology and change.”
“Stick to your strong suit,” advised Nick, a 23-year-old African-American.“Clearly social issues aren’t your strong suit. Stop trying to fight the battle that’s already been fought and trying to bring back a movement. Get over it — you lost.”
Later that evening at a hotel bar, Anderson pored over her notes. She seemed morbidly entranced, like a homicide detective gazing into a pool of freshly spilled blood. In the previous few days, the pollster interviewed Latino voters in San Diego and young entrepreneurs in Orlando. The findings were virtually unanimous. No one could understand the G.O.P.’s hot-blooded opposition to gay marriage or its perceived affinity for invading foreign countries. Every group believed that the first place to cut spending was the defense budget. During the whiteboard drill, every focus group described Democrats as “open-minded” and Republicans as “rigid.”
“There is a brand,” the 28-year-old pollster concluded of her party with clinical finality.“And it’s that we’re not in the 21st century.”
On the Hagel matter, the Senate GOP seems nothing but obstructionist. Who gives a rat’s ass about Benghazi? Seriously, who?
Y’all know I’m dead-set against gay marriage, but I have been saying here for some time that this is a loser of an issue for the Republicans — we on the social and religious right have lost this war — and that conservatives ought to be trying to figure out some kind of compromise that would shield religious liberty in the face of the clear and unstoppable direction the culture and the polity is going on this issue. But Republicans are not even talking that way. Do they have any political sense at all?
You spammer, it's all about the democrats needing deranged morons and trolls to replenish their Marxist ranks.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
What Is Wrong With These People?
Look at this from Robert Draper’s new NYT Magazine piece,“Can The Republicans Be Saved From Obsolescence?”:
One afternoon last month, I flew with Anderson [a GOP pollster -- RD] to Columbus, Ohio, to watch her
... blah... blah... blah... propaganda... blah... blah... blah...

“What would be the sign to you that the Republican Party is moving in the right direction?” Anderson asked them.
“Maybe actually pass something?” suggested a 28-year-old schoolteacher named Courtney, who also identified herself as conservative.
Now we get to the real problem, the astounding ignorance of the American people.

Please tell us just how many bills were passed in the House that Harry Reid obstructed from being voted on in the Senate.

And, please tell us why the Democrats in the Senate haven't passed a budget since Obama took office.

And, please tell us why the two budgets Obama submitted to Congress of the four budgets he should have submitted got a sum total of ZERO votes. That's NADA, NONE, ZILCH.

Then, tell us how the f**k this woman who is a goddam teacher became so goddam ignorant?

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't do a psychiatrist's job for them. Let a real psychiatrist analyze you.
It's ok if you exhibit characteristics of projection. That's one of the symptoms, too.
Now, back to the post you are running away from like a dog escaping from Michael Vick's house:
Remind us...
When's the last time the Democrats in the Senate passed a budget?
In other words, when's the last time the Democrats even had a goddam plan for government?
And, just why would Obama order no support be given to the Americans in Benghazi while he watched Al Qaeda kill them on the live video feed?
Then, why would Obama lie for two weeks covering up an Al Qaeda attack on the United States?
And, why haven't the Democrats had a plan for government in four goddam years?
And, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
And, why is Obama trying to disarm the American people not living in Democrat districts?
And, why do you constantly lie about Obama passing the bar and ever seeing the inside of a court room as a lawyer?
What does your psychiatrist say about your characteristic propensity to digress when answering a question proves you to be fullofshit?
Why are you fighting this? You are obviously disturbed. How many times do you think its NORMAL to ask the same question? Many people have answered it for you. If you don't agree with the answer why would you expect them to change it to make you happy? Do you really believe that asking it again and again will force them to agree with you? Look up perseveration disorder yourself and get back to me. I'm just trying to help you see the obvious delusional life you're leading. Others here are enabling you and making you even more disturbed.

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You spammer, it's all about the democrats needing deranged morons and trolls to replenish their Marxist ranks.
WOW, waxturd/jimmy/no surprise/..... et.al. You have five or six sock puppets going at the same time, flooding the judge-it system while spewing nonsense and you accuse someone of SPAMMING!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You spammer, it's all about the democrats needing deranged morons and trolls to replenish their Marxist ranks.
But the problem for the G.O.P. extends well beyond its flawed candidate and his flawed operation. The unnerving truth, which the Red Edge team and other younger conservatives worry that their leaders have yet to appreciate, is that the Republican Party’s technological deficiencies barely begin to explain why the G.O.P. has lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections. The party brand — which is to say, its message and its messengers — has become practically abhorrent to emerging demographic groups like Latinos and African-Americans, not to mention an entire generation of young voters. As one of the party’s most highly respected strategists told me:“It ought to concern people that the most Republican part of the electorate under Ronald Reagan were 18-to-29-year-olds. And today, people I know who are under 40 are embarrassed to say they’re Republicans. They’re embarrassed! They get harassed for it, the same way we used to give liberals a hard time.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/17/magazine/ca... ;

if only we could even discuss replenishing the Fascist ranks. but where you wingnuts are going to come up with new voters, without cheating, is a question that none of you can even answer.

because figuring out ways to keep Democrats from voting is not a political strategy unless you're Nazi.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You last sentence proves what a total idiot you are. I have posted links in the past proving you to be a liar.
Yet here you go.
This is why I refuse to repost the link to the Benghazi timeline.
You are just too f*ckling stupid to learn.
So, go to your links and tell us about:

client/plantif

of the times Obama was ever in a courtroom as a lawyer. A little more effort and you should be able to get a docket number.
Got a problem there, dont' you? That's because Obama has never even seen the inside of a courtroom as a lawyer.

And, your link was just some Obama-promoting bullshit about Obama passing the bar. How about Obama releasing that information....

Again, you're just another apologist for Obama.

Here's the questions again:

Remind us...
In other words, when's the last time the Democrats even had a goddam plan for government?
And, just why would Obama order no support be given to the Americans in Benghazi while he watched Al Qaeda kill them on the live video feed?
Then, why would Obama lie for two weeks covering up an Al Qaeda attack on the United States?
And, why is Obama trying to disarm the American people not living in Democrat districts?
And, why do you constantly lie about Obama passing the bar and ever seeing the inside of a court room as a lawyer?

Pay close attention to these two question:

Why would Obama order no support be given to the Americans in Benghazi while he watched Al Qaeda kill them on the live video feed?

And, why would Obama lie for two weeks covering up an Al Qaeda attack on the United States?

You'll do anything to avoid ansering these questions because the answers expose Obama as what he really is....
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, waxturd/jimmy/no surprise/..... et.al. You have five or six sock puppets going at the same time, flooding the judge-it system while spewing nonsense and you accuse someone of SPAMMING!!!!
Due to recent budget cuts on the reservation, the light at the end of your tunnel has been turned off. 95% of Obama followers are ignorant, the other 5% and MSNBC Al Sharpton keep you that way.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you fighting this? You are obviously disturbed. How many times do you think its NORMAL to ask the same question? Many people have answered it for you. If you don't agree with the answer why would you expect them to change it to make you happy? Do you really believe that asking it again and again will force them to agree with you? Look up perseveration disorder yourself and get back to me. I'm just trying to help you see the obvious delusional life you're leading. Others here are enabling you and making you even more disturbed.
It's like dealing with my kids. I keep asking the same questions until they give me a goddam answer.
If they continually avoid answering the questions, I am certain that they are hiding a truth that they know will condemn them universally.

So, how about you Democrats not act like my kids when they are trying to hide something really bad from me.
Answer the questions.

Remind us...

... and;
What does your psychiatrist say about your characteristic propensity to digress when answering a question proves you to be fullofshit?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we get to the real problem, the astounding ignorance of the American people.
Please tell us just how many bills were passed in the House that Harry Reid obstructed from being voted on in the Senate.
And, please tell us why the Democrats in the Senate haven't passed a budget since Obama took office.
And, please tell us why the two budgets Obama submitted to Congress of the four budgets he should have submitted got a sum total of ZERO votes. That's NADA, NONE, ZILCH.
Then, tell us how the f**k this woman who is a goddam teacher became so goddam ignorant?
she's not the ignorant one.

so how the hell did you become so ignorant? voted for Bush and you're trying to compensate for that bit of stupidity by doubling down?

but we know why you're pissed: no one cares about what conservatives have to say anymore. and in reading your fictional screeds, it's not hard to see why.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
But the problem for the G.O.P. extends well beyond its flawed candidate and his flawed operation. The unnerving truth, which the Red Edge team and other younger conservatives worry that their leaders have yet to appreciate, is that the Republican Party’s technological deficiencies barely begin to explain why the G.O.P. has lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections. The party brand — which is to say, its message and its messengers — has become practically abhorrent to emerging demographic groups like Latinos and African-Americans, not to mention an entire generation of young voters. As one of the party’s most highly respected strategists told me:“It ought to concern people that the most Republican part of the electorate under Ronald Reagan were 18-to-29-year-olds. And today, people I know who are under 40 are embarrassed to say they’re Republicans. They’re embarrassed! They get harassed for it, the same way we used to give liberals a hard time.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/17/magazine/ca... ;
if only we could even discuss replenishing the Fascist ranks. but where you wingnuts are going to come up with new voters, without cheating, is a question that none of you can even answer.
because figuring out ways to keep Democrats from voting is not a political strategy unless you're Nazi.
The American Indians and Jews gave up their guns, turned in their weapons, the government took care of the Indians on reservations and Hitler took care of the Jews. All good Marxist sheep believe their handler's propaganda. It's how and why they stay on the reservation.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Rubio and the Zombies

The State of the Union address was not, I’m sorry to say, very interesting. True, the president offered many good ideas. But we already know that almost none of those ideas will make it past a hostile House of Representatives.

On the other hand, the G.O.P. reply, delivered by Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, was both interesting and revelatory. And I mean that in the worst way. For Mr. Rubio is a rising star, to such an extent that Time magazine put him on its cover, calling him “The Republican Savior.” What we learned Tuesday, however, was that zombie economic ideas have eaten his brain.

In case you’re wondering, a zombie idea is a proposition that has been thoroughly refuted by analysis and evidence, and should be dead — but won’t stay dead because it serves a political purpose, appeals to prejudices, or both. The classic zombie idea in U.S. political discourse is the notion that tax cuts for the wealthy pay for themselves, but there are many more. And, as I said, when it comes to economics it appears that Mr. Rubio’s mind is zombie-infested.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/15/opinion/kru...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I dropped my coffee mug this morning Nothing happened. No collapse.
Another Flacktradamus prediction proven wrong..
You really are a stupid f++k, aren't you?

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
More lies from Dumbfuckwaiter.

The Senate passed a budget in April of 2009. Obama took office ion January of 2009.

Obama has submitted a budget every year. Not just two, dumbass.

So tell me how a pretend geologist existing on government subsidies got to be so GD stupid.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, go to your links and tell us about:
client/plantif
of the times Obama was ever in a courtroom as a lawyer. A little more effort and you should be able to get a docket number.
Got a problem there, dont' you? That's because Obama has never even seen the inside of a courtroom as a lawyer.
And, your link was just some Obama-promoting bullshit about Obama passing the bar. How about Obama releasing that information....
Again, you're just another apologist for Obama.
Here's the questions again:
Remind us...
Pay close attention to these two question:
Why would Obama order no support be given to the Americans in Benghazi while he watched Al Qaeda kill them on the live video feed?
And, why would Obama lie for two weeks covering up an Al Qaeda attack on the United States?
You'll do anything to avoid ansering these questions because the answers expose Obama as what he really is....
GFY.

I posted the links in response to your same lies previously.

If you were so GD f*cking stupid to read them then, you are likely still so f*cking GD stupid to read them now.

But hey, we have a new lie. Obama is now trying to disarm Republicans. Well, that might be true if Obama puts in an intelligence test for gun ownership.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I am reminded of a movie with the mayor of Atlantis telling the people there was just a simple plumbing problem.
I recall that cakewalk in Iraq paid for by Iraqi oil.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Artificial retina receives FDA approval

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Baltimore Stands with Israel 1 hr Cat74 30
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Trying to stop us 18,614
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr Brian_G 305,184
In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO... 13 hr SnuffAGlobalist 5
Aging city school buildings prepared for class 23 hr hector 1
Scumbag Ray Rice Thu Coach Chuggins 1
Review: Wanda Hicks Dating Service Wed Joe Clinton 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000