Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

#859505 Feb 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Then lets crank this bad boy up...let's make minimum wage $100 and own the world!!!!
Woo! Let's do it! Homer 2016!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#859506 Feb 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> They are coming! California has already passed laws aimed at creating traffic violations by driverless vehicles. I kid you not.
There is an old naval base near here. They have used the runways there to test driverless vehicles.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#859507 Feb 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly questioned the cost. But that's neither here nor there at this point.
I ask Flack, not you, if I could pick one up Office Max__once again I was questioning the logic of making such an investment for the purpose of making magazine parts.

Now go google "magic arms" and learn about little emma levelle. I'm over the 3D printer discussion.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#859508 Feb 14, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry. This whole discussion about the unconstitutionality of the state of West Virginia has me on edge.
Take a deep breathe and imagine a plate full of devil dogs.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#859509 Feb 14, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>'as well as' meaning both. The Virginia state legislature never gave their consent. And if you deem the legislature now resided in the counties that formed West Virginia, the mere fact that they formed another state suggests there was already an existing state and in turn and existing state legislature for the state of Virginia. So what they created(West Virginia) was unconstitutional.
The Virginia state legislature was comprised of the legislators that remained loyal to the federal republic.
The "other state" did not exist until it was authorized by the federal republic. The legislators that remained loyal to the federal republic became the legislature of the state of Virginia. The legislators that rebelled against the federal republic and became a functioning element of another country did not comprise the legislature of the state of Virginia as recognized by the federal republic the rebelled against and declared their standing as not being part of that federal republic.
Thus, those legislators that did not rebel had the authority to represent the state of Virginia in the federal republic, and had the authority to petition to split the state of Virginia into two separate states.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#859510 Feb 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Cutting taxes has the same effect as raising the minimum wage...it puts more money in people's pockets, yet these loony left wingers will fight tooth and nail to raise taxes. they're crazy.
Actually raising the minimum wage is a tax increase. Because the paycheck is bigger more taxes will be withheld. Remember the employer will have to 'match (snicker)' the increase. Think about it. That 2.4% increase in SSI raised $3 billion. You raise every bodies pay by a $1.50 an hour and it will be a lot more than that. Assuming that most people's paycheck will rise to match the new bottom.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#859511 Feb 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The restored government was recognized by the Union, as will as Abraham Lincoln, as the State of Virginia with it's capital in Wheeling.
Gee, flackmassey, Lincoln was alive in 1871? Did you see that on Scify, Discovery, or NASCAR? "Virginia v. West Virginia, 78 U.S. 39 (1871), is a 6-to-3 ruling by the Supreme Court of the United States which held that where a governor has discretion in the conduct of the election, the legislature is bound by his action and CANNOT UNDO THE RESULTS BASED ON FRAUD. The case implicitly ratified the secession of the state of West Virginia from the state of Virginia, and explicitly ratified that the counties of Berkeley and Jefferson were part of West Virginia." Pretty sure you Grumpy Old Pricks would refer to that as legislating from the bench or the spoils of war if it didn't jibe with your current Dixiecrat-rethuglicant ideology.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#859512 Feb 14, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>and?
Are you tell me walmart is in the laundry mat business also? Damn those nazis!
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

#859513 Feb 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case mom and pop is a laundry mat.
If there are any Walmart execs reading your posts I expect to see washers abd dryers at all their locations by next Friday. Of course Homer doesn't shop there so I would never see them. Naturally when they are the only retail outlet/supermarket/car dealer/laundry mat, etc. Homer will have no choice.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#859514 Feb 14, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Woo! Let's do it! Homer 2016!
Homer!

Homer!

Homer!

Homer!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#859515 Feb 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a deep breathe and imagine a plate full of devil dogs.
AGAIN, the term is BREATH, Slow Learner, and you should probably stick to Ho-Ho's...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#859516 Feb 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I ask Flack, not you, if I could pick one up Office Max__once again I was questioning the logic of making such an investment for the purpose of making magazine parts.
Now go google "magic arms" and learn about little emma levelle. I'm over the 3D printer discussion.
Realtime say's there is No God, yet Google acts like one.
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

#859517 Feb 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on where the people live,$18 can be a lot of money.
Yeah in the sub-sahara region near downtown Kinshasa.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#859518 Feb 14, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Honestly I just think it's fun to debate this, plus it's driving Flack nuts :)
It is an interesting academic discussion.
It will cause the constitutionalists to think a little.
There is nothing anyone can say to those who want government by political whim. Hopefully, things won't worsen to the degree where they have to learn that lesson the hard way.
There is a connection between the Constitution and the United States becoming the most beneficial and benevolent nation in the history of civilization. Without the Constitution, we would have devolved into what you see everywhere else in this hemisphere, and it would have been impossible to have remained united.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#859519 Feb 14, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's better than looking at her Tree Stump ankles.
Give Hillary a break. She is an elderly woman, like lily and the late Jean from Queens.
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

#859520 Feb 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Actually raising the minimum wage is a tax increase. Because the paycheck is bigger more taxes will be withheld. Remember the employer will have to 'match (snicker)' the increase. Think about it. That 2.4% increase in SSI raised $3 billion. You raise every bodies pay by a $1.50 an hour and it will be a lot more than that. Assuming that most people's paycheck will rise to match the new bottom.
Excellent, people making more money and we can pay down some of Bush's leftover debt. Thanks Flack, you are usually all gloom and doom.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#859521 Feb 14, 2013
Of course, nobody is as old as Sheila Jackson Lee, who claims she is a "freed slave."

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#859522 Feb 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I ask Flack, not you, if I could pick one up Office Max__once again I was questioning the logic of making such an investment for the purpose of making magazine parts.
There are lots of standard printers you can't get at ofgice max.

Thanks, but I'm on my phone right now. Might google that when I get to a computer.

<yes google works on my phone>
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#859523 Feb 14, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>and?
GM's 4Q earnings equate to a profit sharing bonus of $6,750. Each of the Detroit Three issue large bonus checks this year Homer, looks like the bailout was a good thing and 2013 is projected to be better than 2012.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#859524 Feb 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Actually raising the minimum wage is a tax increase. Because the paycheck is bigger more taxes will be withheld. Remember the employer will have to 'match (snicker)' the increase. Think about it. That 2.4% increase in SSI raised $3 billion. You raise every bodies pay by a $1.50 an hour and it will be a lot more than that. Assuming that most people's paycheck will rise to match the new bottom.
You wont hear obama mention that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr WARRIOR 19,192
Baltimore Mayor hospitalized Saturday night 6 hr Bernardo kerman 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr godless by choice 305,545
O'Malley touts progress on immigration in Md. Sep 11 Will Jones 1
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Sep 11 Squach 120,154
What would be the best way to CLEAN UP BALTIMORE? Sep 9 NAAWP 1
One Action Movie Can Damage a Mind for Life Sep 8 Petal Power 9
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search