Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#858854 Feb 13, 2013
You're as ignorant about the Constitution as you are with most other things.

----------

Preamble to the Constitution of the United States

""We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[note 1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

----------

To further enlighten nitwits like you, here's what the Preamble is for:

"The Preamble to the United States Constitution is a brief introductory statement of the Constitution's fundamental purposes and guiding principles. It states in general terms, and courts have referred to it as reliable evidence of, the Founding Fathers' intentions regarding the Constitution's meaning and what they hoped the Constitution would achieve.""

----------

Meanwhile, you stupidly overlook the fact that the Constitution DOES NOT allow a standing Army, Coast Guard, Air Force.

See Section 8 of the US Constitution, Mr. Expert!!

""To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;""

----------

So the Army is unConstitutional, as you clearly see. Armies can only be raised for a period of 2 years.

And the militia is there to supress insurrections and repel invasions.

Kind of ruins your childish reading of the 2nd Amendment, doesn't it??

People like you are extremely ignorant, but roll out the Constitution as if you've actuallly read it.

You haven't, and I just proved it!!

Next problem for a dropout like you is that you can't comprenend the meaning of the Constitution.
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Services? The federal government does no services. Where in the constitution does it say anything about services? Almost everything was left to the states and the people. It's right there in the constitution in plain black and white.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#858855 Feb 13, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The cops started the fire; they're heard on their radios, "let's burn this mofo"
Big payouts from the LAPD for all the shootings of innocent people, burning down someones house, cars crashed....
Too soon to tell lily__CNN is talking that angle up. Doesn't matter, in the grand scheme dead is dead.

LAPD had zero to do with the take down__different county different authorities__the Sheriff out there seemed straight up to me.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#858856 Feb 13, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Services? The federal government does no services. Where in the constitution does it say anything about services? Almost everything was left to the states and the people. It's right there in the constitution in plain black and white.
I wonder what the "S" stands for in the IRS?

Oh wait, the IRS is unconstitutional too.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#858857 Feb 13, 2013
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true. The elitist here benefit mightily from the military and Defense Dept (provided by the government) that protects their riches. Big Pharma and the health industry benefit mightily from medicare and medicaid. The petroleum industry benefits mightily from leasing government lands and government subsidies. All of these mentioned and others rip us off to the tune of billions, annually. I could go on but by now, you should get the picture.
Uh oh! It appears we have a new libtard here. All the talking points in one post. The others are going to have to step up their game.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#858858 Feb 13, 2013
Too dull for a campaign speech, too partisan for patriotic fanfare, it fell somewhere in between and landed with a thud. His supporters, of course, will have loved it. But few will remember it.

It had its moments. Obama's refrain on the victims of gun violence was powerful and inspiring.

"I know this is not the first time this country has debated how to reduce gun violence," he said, referring to the tragic mass shooting at Sandy Hook. "But this time is different."

Then, imploring Congress to at least put proposals on gun control to the vote, he began an incantation that began with the parents of Hadiya Pendleton, the teenager killed less than a mile form his Chicago home.

"Hadiya's parents, Nate and Cleo along with more than two dozen Americans whose lives have been torn apart by gun violence. They deserve a vote. Gabby Giffords deserves a vote. The families of Newtown deserve a vote. The families of Aurora deserve a vote. The families of Oak Creek, and Tucson, and Blacksburg, and the countless other communities ripped open by gun violence – they deserve a simple vote."

His voice rising with the name of each tragedy, this was as audacious an appeal to tackle what was once a taboo in American politics as you're likely to see. When he shone the spotlight on Desiline Victor, the 102-year-old woman from Miami who waited hours to vote in November, he also brought a sense of purpose both to the room and the event.

Unfortunately, he saved these most rousing moments until the end. And it was there, just as he was to finish, that we learned that the speech we had been listening to was supposed to have had a unifying theme: active and engaged citizenship.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#858859 Feb 13, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Ross Perot said it best, "every time THEY pass a law, YOU lose a little more freedom."
And by THEY he meant government at all levels. Perot actually knew who THEY were___as do I because my career, as do the careers of millions of others, exists only to satisfy government regulations.
IMO every new law proposed should be attached to the repeal of an existing law.
Don't know why they bother regulating your business, because everybody knows that used car dealers are lying, thieving bastards who cannot be trusted for anything.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#858860 Feb 13, 2013
You know I didn't watch the SOTU last night but it must have really sucked. I would have thought the libtards would have been on here a clucking and a crowing all day. So it must have really chewed the bag!

Loysville, PA

#858861 Feb 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't understand it at all. How many times has he said tax cuts are the government handing people money?
This is the discount vs instant rebate argument. The effect is the same.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#858862 Feb 13, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
This is so sad there should be a LAW to PROTECT WOMEN AND CHILDREN FROM THIS KIND OF THING HOPEFULLY the POLITICIANS WILL FIGURE SOMETHING OUT: Teacher dies after 'having abortion 33 weeks into pregnancy' as protesters lay siege to clinic of doctor blamed for her death
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22778...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
This type of risky surgery should never be performed by a hack in a clinic instead of in a hospital.

Futhermore, if the pregnancy presented no risk to the mother, but the surgery had obvious risks, then the "doctor" should be charged with manslaughter.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#858863 Feb 13, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, that's him, or what's left of him in the morgue. Poor Chris didn't get any of that due process stuff did he? And now he's a crispy critter.
Some think the LAPD wanted to halt any investigation into racism in the department, hence needed to destroy the evidence.

The LAPD Chief is a career hack who is knee-deep in all the department's ills. Same with Mayor Tony Villa.

Loysville, PA

#858864 Feb 13, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I know this is hard for you to understand but a tax cut lets the people who earn the money keep more of it. The money doesn't belong to the government. The government has no money. It can only take from one to give to another. God! You big government types are a pain in the ass!!!
Blah blah f*cking blah.

I know this is impossible for you right whiners to understand, handing out tax cuts add to the debt because they reduce revenues.

To avoid that, tax cuts need to be FUNDED.

And really, if you think there is a difference between getting a discount or instant rebate, you are a few bricks short of a load.

I am not a big government guy. There are some things best solved by government.

'

Location hidden

#858865 Feb 13, 2013
Nobraina again proves himself to be a Fascist.

No need for a trial. No presumption of innocence??

You'd have fit into Hitler's Germany quite well. They didn't believe in trials either.

BTW, Al Awlaki is dead, nitwit!!

Obama took him out with a drone on the battlefield!!
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Terrorists like al-Awlaki and Major Hassan should be arrested, tried promptly by a military court, and promptly executed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#858866 Feb 13, 2013
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true. The elitist here benefit mightily from the military and Defense Dept (provided by the government) that protects their riches. Big Pharma and the health industry benefit mightily from medicare and medicaid. The petroleum industry benefits mightily from leasing government lands and government subsidies. All of these mentioned and others rip us off to the tune of billions, annually. I could go on but by now, you should get the picture.
No, I don't see your picture.

I pay huge taxes and receive no tangible benefits.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#858867 Feb 13, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! It's the local municipal laws and the state laws that are the most absurd. Why do all the newbies think they have to make their mark with some new nonsense? Totally agree, for every new one; eliminate 10!!
Yeah, newbie Puerto Rican Florida state senator Darren Soto thinks it a good idea to do away with daylight savings time in Florida to maximize the use of the sun for important sht like golfing, fishing, going to theme parks etc.

Fine by me but it's been introduced before in this state and others to no avail__so why bother eh?

Soto, a (D) is a pretty smart guy__this is probably him sticking his toe in the water to get started off as a legislator. There have been dumber first attempts at getting noticed eh?

Loysville, PA

#858868 Feb 13, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Uh, that would be three solutions. Free market is the only way
Two options that can be used in combination.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#858869 Feb 13, 2013
flack wrote:
Print and Fire
Gun owners may be able to skirt new gun control measures by using a 3D printer to manufacture a fully functioning magazine clip.
I'm trying to tell you folks the world is about to change in ways you have no clue about.
Ban 3D printers!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#858870 Feb 13, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Nobraina again proves himself to be a Fascist.
No need for a trial. No presumption of innocence??
You'd have fit into Hitler's Germany quite well. They didn't believe in trials either.
BTW, Al Awlaki is dead, nitwit!!
Obama took him out with a drone on the battlefield!!
<quoted text>
So, the U.S. Military is fighting in Yemen?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#858871 Feb 13, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
You're as ignorant about the Constitution as you are with most other things.
----------
Preamble to the Constitution of the United States
""We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[note 1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
----------
To further enlighten nitwits like you, here's what the Preamble is for:
"The Preamble to the United States Constitution is a brief introductory statement of the Constitution's fundamental purposes and guiding principles. It states in general terms, and courts have referred to it as reliable evidence of, the Founding Fathers' intentions regarding the Constitution's meaning and what they hoped the Constitution would achieve.""
----------
Meanwhile, you stupidly overlook the fact that the Constitution DOES NOT allow a standing Army, Coast Guard, Air Force.
See Section 8 of the US Constitution, Mr. Expert!!
""To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
To provide and maintain a Navy;
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;""
----------
So the Army is unConstitutional, as you clearly see. Armies can only be raised for a period of 2 years.
And the militia is there to supress insurrections and repel invasions.
Kind of ruins your childish reading of the 2nd Amendment, doesn't it??
People like you are extremely ignorant, but roll out the Constitution as if you've actuallly read it.
You haven't, and I just proved it!!
Next problem for a dropout like you is that you can't comprenend the meaning of the Constitution.
<quoted text>
Defense spending is appropriated every year so it is not extended more than two years. Learn to friggin' read!!!

Location hidden

#858872 Feb 13, 2013
It was far better than Rmoney's speech!!

Oh wait, Rmoney lost and didn't get to make a SOTU speech!!

You sound like the sore loser you are!!

But seeing as how you asked;

""Polls show rave reviews for SOTU""

""Americans responded with overwhelming positivity to President Barack Obama’s State of the Union address, two polls conducted after the Tuesday night speech found.

In a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll of 475 adults who watched the speech, 52 percent of respondents said they had a very positive reaction to Obama’s message. An additional 32 percent said their reactions were somewhat positive. Just 15 percent responded negatively to the speech.""

----------

Thanks for asking, ye of the reddish neck!!
flack wrote:
You know I didn't watch the SOTU last night but it must have really sucked. I would have thought the libtards would have been on here a clucking and a crowing all day. So it must have really chewed the bag!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#858873 Feb 13, 2013
flack wrote:
Print and Fire
Gun owners may be able to skirt new gun control measures by using a 3D printer to manufacture a fully functioning magazine clip.
I'm trying to tell you folks the world is about to change in ways you have no clue about.
Please provide a link to where such a 3D printer can be purchased and if you've the time the price tag.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr cpeter1313 306,214
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Cry Baby 19,374
Need help to get down! 19 hr sweetenvy 1
Review: Atas Marc J Mon Briansaul 5
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) Sun VeganTiger 54,518
T r a m a d o l & X A N A X and much more Sun Dealer 1
Subs (Jun '13) Sun Redroof 2
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match

Baltimore Jobs

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore