Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,382)

Showing posts 787,621 - 787,640 of1,034,084
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No I didn't miss the followup dummy, I simply dismissed it just as I dismiss all your other bullshyte. Frankly you weren't all that hot on your Eastern PA knowledge either and had no fkn clue about your Texas proxy which disappeared when you switched to CA.
Let's review K? You were blowing smoke about doctors refusing to see MediCare patients and how hospitals would be closing due to the ACA and I called your dumbazz out.
Then per usual you tried to cover your lies with more lies.
Can supply hundreds more references if you want.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8177988/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottatlas/2012/1...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washingto...

http://www.wiscnews.com/news/opinion/columnis...

http://www.cpt12.org/news/index.php/survey-tw...

http://www.emaxhealth.com/11306/doctors-just-...
Pooballs

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

I heard Al Sharpton was running for president in 2016. That going to be hilarious. I had a dream of biscuits and gravies.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

The Problem Isn’t Just McCain’s Racist Tweet, but Conservatives Defending Racism

The John McCain dustup this morning over his tweet comparing Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to a monkey has revealed the thinking behind conservative values. A Michigan Republican congressman accused McCain of being a racist, and then a conservative stepped into the fray to explain that it’s okay to be a racist/hater when making jokes about someone who is an “anti-semite”, which is the same argument six year olds use to excuse their bad behavior.

John McCain tweeted,“So Ahmadinejad wants to be first Iranian in space – wasn’t he just there last week?” In this tweet, he linked to a story about Iran launching a monkey into space. After some backlash, McCain pulled out his “I was just joking, lighten up” card, which is crumbling from over-use but this is John McCain.

Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) tweeted,“Maybe you should wisen (sic) up & not make racist jokes.“@SenJohnMcCain: Re: Iran space tweet – lighten up folks, can’t everyone take a joke?”

It’s true that John McCain can’t get out of the locker room long enough to realize how inappropriate he can be. McCain is known for making tasteless “jokes” while taking great umbrage at things he imagines others did or said.

George W. Bush supporter John Podhoretz, also a columnist for the New York Post and a speechwriter for former President Ronald Reagan as well as former President George H.W. Bush, stepped into the fray in order to defend McCain by explaining that it’s okay to be a racist against an anti-semite,“How dare McCain say something demeaning & disparaging abt the foremost anti-Semite on the planet.” He added,“So…it’s defend-the-Jew-hater-from-the- war-hero day.”

Podhoretz isn’t the most rational guy in the world, but then what do you expect from someone who called W “the first great leader of the 21st century”. He has defined anti-semitism as Pat Buchannan calling Israel’s military action “Un-Christian”(talk about a war between reactionaries).“You want to know what anti-Semitism is? When Pat Buchanan calls Israel’s military action ‘un-Christian’, that’s anti-Semitism.” So those are his standards for what he sees as “his side”.

What is really telling is how Podhoretz justified McCain’s “joke”. It’s hard to stand tall against anti-semitism while concurrently justifying racism. Some people don’t seem to get this, but racism is the same mechanism as anti-semitism and it’s used for the same purposes. In other words, children, if you don’t want it done to you, don’t do it to others. Calling someone a “Jew-hater” does not excuse you from upholding your own value system, provided you have one.

And there it is. Republicans don’t seem to have a set of values, but rather cherry picked causes of resentment. According to them, it’s not okay to use some people’s heritage against them, but Republicans have made a party out of using other people’s heritage against them. That means that they don’t have a value or a certain level of behavior to which they don’t permit their leaders to stoop publicly. A value is something you apply to yourself as well as others, even when it’s not easy.

Imagine if a Democrat tweeted what McCain tweeted, but insert a different target. Insert a Republican cause. The wounded cries of self-pity would be echoing off the Hill for years to come. Instead, we have conservatives petulantly justifying McCain’s tweet because the other guy started it. It’s okay to be a racist if the other guy hates someone you don’t hate.

http://www.politicususa.com/conservative-defe...

The interesting nugget born of this scuffle is the thinking behind conservatives’ reactionary, immature and ever moving principles. Podhoretz just defended racism because he hates the other guy for hating more. And these are the people who criticize Obama’s foreign policy. Talk about leading from behind.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Still lying.
Obama approved the plan & was in the "room" when it went down.
No one sot down any helicopters during the rad.
Look.
I now you freakin right whiners are embarrassed that your hero George W Bush didn't get Bin Laden. After all, Bush had declared him irrelevant & abandoned the search to make up a war about oil.
So now you have to make up stuff. Pathetic
yeah... right. And, on the day he got the word that the mission was a go, he decided to play golf all goddam day that day.
You can't be serious. Let's ignore all the facts about the decisions that have to be made if something happens and the president has to line up all his allies, requiring constant communication and embassy interface and status updates for days right up to recovering the SEAL team. Let's just talk about all the contingencies that have to be decided, like technical problems that an abort will be considered, which requires a real-time presidential decision, or new intelligence comes in that changes the diplomatic situation, which requires a real-tiem presidential decision, or a hundred other hypothetical cases that would cause the president to re-evaluate the risk and/or practicality of the mission.
Yeah. Like a president who even knows the mission is going to happen will plan on playing golf all goddam day that day.
Get real.

By the way, you never told us which photo of Obama photoshopped in the command center you liked best.
Did you like the first photo the White House released with Obama to the right of the display coordinator and seemingly studying the display seriously, like everyone else in the room?
Or, did you like the second photo the White House released with Obama to the right of the display coordinator and grinning at the camera like a high school prankster?
Or, did you like the third photo the White House released with Obama to the left of the display coordinator, and Joe Biden magically appears in the photo?

Don't you like the way they moved Obama around in the photo, and every other person in the photos has the exact same position and expression?

Get real, dufus.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

John McCain Called ‘Racist’ After Cracking Ahmadinejad ‘Monkey’ Joke:‘This Is What Passes for a Serious GOP U.S. Senator These Days’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/04/jo...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Pooballs wrote:
I heard Al Sharpton was running for president in 2016. That going to be hilarious. I had a dream of biscuits and gravies.
If there are no other black candidates, Sharpton will get 95% of the black vote in the Democrat primaries, which might be enough.
NWaxman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Taxes. i hope this helps you understand this time.
That would require doubling (at least) of everybody's taxes.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
John McCain Called ‘Racist’ After Cracking Ahmadinejad ‘Monkey’ Joke:‘This Is What Passes for a Serious GOP U.S. Senator These Days’
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/04/jo...
Ahmadinejad is insane and dangerous. Calling him a monkey is small change in comparison and is only racist for those of you black folks who feel all monkey references are to black folks.

Get a life.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy Lee Dykes is dead, the little boy is alive and well__stay tuned for details.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Another question. If they can build a submarine and bring several tons of coke into the US whats to stop them from bringing something a lot more deadly or someone(s)?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Still lying.
Obama approved the plan & was in the "room" when it went down.
No one sot down any helicopters during the rad.
Look.
I now you freakin right whiners are embarrassed that your hero George W Bush didn't get Bin Laden. After all, Bush had declared him irrelevant & abandoned the search to make up a war about oil.
So now you have to make up stuff. Pathetic
You have to be one of the most ignorant people here. You are an ignorant buffoon. Even Popular Mechanics reported on it.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/mi...

The crash happened in Tanji, where the U.S. closed a combat outpost in April. However, the AP has reported, the Afghan forces never staffed the outpost after American forces left, and the Taliban moved back in. That left it to Navy SEALs to undertake a dangerous raid in a notorious insurgent area to stem the Taliban's advance.

If you recall, during Obama's "Dither Period" he ordered combat in the mountains against the Taliban and Al Qaeda to cease and US forces to retreat to the population centers. The SEAL Team helicopter was shot down in one of the places Obama gave back to the Taliban.
This was the very next "secret" mission of SEAL Team Six after they killed bin Laden when Obama didn't even have a clue the mission was happening until Vallerie Jarrett summoned him from the golf course about 40 minutes before the SEAL Team landed in bin Laden's compound.

“"festivus lentel"”

Since: Feb 13

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

During the time, presumably, you were picking metaphysical fights with uneducated men I: designed and contracted two castles, a bank, the largest Georgian House in the world, assorted houses, stables interiors and cottages at the sea. I designed and executed the program for the World Championship of Three Day Eventing. In short, my dear, while you were pondering the universe I was out there exploring it, rolling in it, tasting it, and, whenever I could, massaging its loins.

Where was I? Oh yes, when I came back to the states I did three things in quick succession: got divorced, fell overwhelmingly in love with a very married red-headed woman, and signed back up for the Cooper Union, this time in Architecture. Back to New York, oh boy! There was an adjustment period, I want to be honest. In my mind I was an Irish country gentleman and I was feeling sullied by this vast hoard of unwashed Americans blathering all about me like leeches, stealing my stuff. They took my electric kettle the fuckers! Anyway, carol, I stood that as long as I could, about another year and by then I was beginning to understand the world, at least I was pretty sure I did. It began and ended between a willing woman's legs. If i'd been your hapless professor and you'd asked me that ridiculous question I would have simply undone my fly and flop old willy out in your hand. Then I would have said this: "I've just handed you the keys to the universe. Every iota of human knowledge is contained with this prodigious vessel and what you choose to do with it now will determine what you're ultimately able to get out of it later. Try this experiment at home, carol, see if I'm not right.

Anyways, what's that? About 4 years of formal college education and a little over two of high school. I'm taking a course now at the Corcoran but I'm also back up to my old tricks as well.

I am a fourth degree black belt in Tang Soo Do, and I have several Black Belts in Tae Kwon Do, but to be truthful, once you get the first one they pretty much give you the others.

I'm quite a good painter if you happen to be a naked woman and, this'll amuse you, I'm writing a book. I've sort of taught myself to write on Topix making hash out of folks like you. I appear at local comedy clubs semi-annually, but am still not happy with the performance. I had my own martial arts school until last year and for 20 years before that. I'm a very good teacher.

Well, that's about all I'm willing to write about myself tonight, carol, now it's your turn again.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Taxes. i hope this helps you understand this time.
Idiot....

"Taxes" is not a source of money. "Taxes" is a method of collecting money from a source of money. "People" is a source of money. You have to identify who will be taxed to identify "taxes" as a source of money.

So, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
So NotSurpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
I heard Obama was running for president again in 2016. That going to be hilarious. I had a dream of more failure and incompetence.
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrite.
Libya had nothing to do with our national security, yet that didn't stop the idiot Obama from following the French to commit our military resources & finances. Now terrorists have more access to weapons and even killed our ambassador and three other patriots there. How did that work out for ya libturd?
Vietnam also had nothing to do with our national security and that didn't stop the Democrats.
KMA, dumb hypocrite.
"Jimmy"
Keep the faith. "real dumb" will have reasons that Libya did have something to do with our security. After all, president nobama, never acts incorrectly.
Get ready for "real dumbs" response to the situation in Nam. He will off er 'proof' that LBJ was forced by republican's into that war, you know the war that caused 50,000 American deaths. I will not be surprized if he does not come up an angle that 'proves' Bush was involved.
Peace

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Better watch out people they got their eyes on your retirement accounts!!!$19.5 trillion dollars in private retirement accounts and the federal government is salivating to get their hands on it.All in the guise of protecting the people from greedy market people of course. That $19.5 trillion will let them borrow a whole lot of new money. Beware!!! That's why I don't have any.
Jesse Jackson, the used car salesman of racism and religion, is calling for just that. No Joke. The blackass jerk wants your pension money to help po' people..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahmadinejad is insane and dangerous. Calling him a monkey is small change in comparison and is only racist for those of you black folks who feel all monkey references are to black folks.
Get a life.
so any conservatives who feel differently need to get a life?

because i call white folks monkeys all the time. you know, those monkey see monkey do folks. or as i affectionately call them....FOXbots.

“"festivus lentel"”

Since: Feb 13

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Ok, I need to make supper, carol, but before I go I'd like to revisit your contention earlier that you presumed to "know more" than me. It's possible I suppose, but only if you, like DB, never want the answer to the question you asked. Because "know" has a number of meanings... even a biblical one.

Life has more than one path, carol, more than one answer to every question, even yours. Striving after absolutes only proclaims your ignorance. And DB's for that matter. At least he found his calling: an engineer in Texas. Whereas you're still upset about being the only whore at Disney World without a fella.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 787,621 - 787,640 of1,034,084
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance