Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#843780 Jan 21, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Laura Bush smoked
Yes, she did. But I don't recall too many conservative women running out to cut their hair to look like hers.

I'm actually surprised we didn't see a comeback of the pant suit during and after Clinton's time in office and more liberal women sporting the outfit to look like Hillary.

Thank goodness for that though, right?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#843781 Jan 21, 2013
Houston group says Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican

When we asked Raging Elephants for information to support its claim that King himself was a Republican, Kamau-Imani pointed us to a video made by the National Black Republican Association featuring one of King's nieces, Alveda King, founder of the faith-based group King for America. In the Sept. 14, 2008, video, she says: "I just want to share with you a little bit about my family and my history. My uncle Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. during his lifetime was a Republican, as was my father, his brother, Rev. A. D. King, and my grandfather, Dr. Martin Luther King Sr."

.... The 2008 AP story about the Florida and South Carolina billboards included a statement from King's son, Martin Luther King III: "It is disingenuous to imply that my father was a Republican. He never endorsed any presidential candidate, and there is certainly no evidence that he ever even voted for a Republican. It is even more outrageous to suggest that he would support the Republican Party of today, which has spent so much time and effort trying to suppress African American votes in Florida and many other states."

Friends and associates of Martin Luther King Jr. also objected. The AP article says that the Rev. Joseph Lowery, who co-founded the Southern Christian Leadership Conference with King, "said there is no reason why anyone would think King was a Republican." Lowery told the AP that King almost certainly voted for Kennedy and that the only time he openly talked about politics was when he criticized Goldwater in 1964.

The story quotes Lowery as saying: "That was not the Martin I know, and I don't think they can substantiate that by any shape, form or fashion. It's purely propaganda and poppycock.... Even if he was, he would have nothing to do with what the Republican Party stands for today."

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/20...
dem

Chicago, IL

#843778 Jan 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text>I can wait four more years.The question is can the country.
In four years your party will be extinct.
Think Whigs.
dem

Chicago, IL

#843782 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>She's waiting for the President to end his speech with "ima gonna getcha whitey and take yer guns" !!!
The Supreme Court appointees that Obama will make will steer this country for decades.
Row vs Wade overturned? No!
Obamacare overturned? No!
carol

Orlando, FL

#843783 Jan 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Following the Goldwater campaign, Republicans won five of the next six Presidential elections.
Goldwater simply stood for states' rights on social issues.

The south would have been shamed into humiliation and possibly submission had they been the only states to vote against it.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#843784 Jan 21, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't sure it was her till I saw the debil holding her hand.
Too funny. I was wondering where old Debil disappeared to.
dem

Chicago, IL

#843785 Jan 21, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>How quickly you forget the real definition of racism and who is most responsible for perpetrating it before the Civil War and then until the mid 1960s.
History is only your friend when it suits your neocon agendas.
Those days are over.
You and your party are made up of racists.
Fact!
Lincoln

United States

#843786 Jan 21, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
All these blacks would still be Republicans had it not been for the Great Depression and FDR offering them a big government plantation.
Everyone would have been a lot better off if FDR had placed the priority more on the free market and giving it a little more time to fix itself with minimal government assistance.
Now, look where we are. More people on government assistance than any other time in our history - and the numbers are growing.
"All these blacks ..."

So it comes down to President Obama being black?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#843788 Jan 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I can wait four more years.The question is can the country.
Wait for what?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#843789 Jan 21, 2013
Richard Blanco, a gay Cuban poet! Love it.
dem

Chicago, IL

#843790 Jan 21, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>How quickly you forget the real definition of racism and who is most responsible for perpetrating it before the Civil War and then until the mid 1960s.
It's 2013 and your republican peers on topix with you are openly calling for the assassination of our great president.
Fact!
dem

Chicago, IL

#843791 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>Lol! Just spit my coffee out!!!
I asked the debil to show the little rural girls around the big city.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#843792 Jan 21, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, she did. But I don't recall too many conservative women running out to cut their hair to look like hers.
I'm actually surprised we didn't see a comeback of the pant suit during and after Clinton's time in office and more liberal women sporting the outfit to look like Hillary.
I may actually agree with you about the pant suits. I wish we could get Peppy to stop wearing them, he has a bright green and orange set that is positively neon. Although it does go nicely with his flower hat.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#843793 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
She's waiting for the President to end his speech with "ima gonna getcha whitey and take yer guns" !!!
Is that what you call Obama's ranting? A speech? The guy talks out of both sides of his mouth.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#843794 Jan 21, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Wait for what?
Hillary.
LooTER SHooTER

United States

#843795 Jan 21, 2013
Laugh at the hillbillys all you want. Country FOLKS CAN AND WILL SURVIVE!
While you snowbirds living in your concrete jungle cities will be killing eachother for a bread crumb !
We know how to live off the land.
You know how to live off the Governnent.!
We will have the last and loudest laugh.
Im sure of it !
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#843796 Jan 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I can wait four more years.The question is can the country.
Yes, the resistance lives.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#843797 Jan 21, 2013
sht faced Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Brutal!! Lol
Liberal "women" are so classy.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#843798 Jan 21, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The prayer being said mentions you. Hatred, ignorance, prejudice

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#843799 Jan 21, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Too funny. I was wondering where old Debil disappeared to.
Et tu, homer?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 2 hr Just Saying 54,525
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr The_Box 306,262
STEVE DeBAUGH (May '12) Wed Steve 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Pastor LDM 19,381
Baltimore on Orkin Rattiest City List Oct 21 numberonepestcont... 1
Need help to get down! Oct 20 sweetenvy 1
Review: Atas Marc J Oct 20 Briansaul 5
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match

Baltimore Jobs

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]