Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,988)

Showing posts 759,741 - 759,760 of1,032,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
NEW YORK (MarketWatch)— U.S. stocks fell Thursday after House Speaker John Boehner declared spending to be the issue preventing a deal to avert spending cuts and tax hikes from starting in the new year.
Dear Boehner, STFU
First Bush almost destroys my 401K, Obama brings it back and now Boehner wants to polish it off.
Dear Republicans,
Quit playing politics with my life.
Love,
Homer
No worries, obama will just print more money and it'll be back up.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
If the cable company asked people if they would prefer to have the benefits of their products with or without paying for it, some people without ethics would choose NOT TO PAY.
The same is true of union dues. If ALL workers get the benefits that unions bargain for, there will be some people without ethics who will not pay.
In both cases, the unethical people are behaving in a manner that is unfair, as well as dishonest
What would be unethical is being forced to buy cable just because you moved into a certain neighborhood
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

The Fed has just announced its fourth round of “quantitative easing”.

While the mainstream financial press pretends that quantitative easing is a “liberal” economic policy, nothing could be further from the truth.

As we’ve repeatedly explained, quantitative easing is a bailout for the super-rich, at the expense of the little guy. It increases inequality and fails to stimulate the economy.(And it destroys the savings of retirees.)

Indeed, Fed boss Ben Bernanke knew 24 years ago that quantitative easing doesn’t help.

Forbes’ Lawrence Hunter explains:

The Federal Reserve … operates its own financial Laundromat for troubled, in some cases criminal banks. The Fed’s loan laundry and downscale resale consignment shop first takes in the wash by purchasing non-performing, and therefore largely worthless financial assets (loans and loan-backed securities) to remove them from the books of private banks.(Another variant is for the Fed to swap the banks’ bad paper at face value for federal debt instruments, which replaces the banks’ non-performing assets having little, if any, resale value, with safe, interest-paying and highly marketable assets.). The Fed then launders the loans by reselling them back to the same group of banks at a fraction (10 percent or less) of the face-value price it paid the banks for them. Once the banks repurchase the spiffed up dirty loan laundry, it not only has turned a nifty 90-percent-or-more profit on the turn around, it also has a new asset it can put back into the stream of financial commerce at a price reflective of its true value.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with half a brain knows that the only ones to benefit from right to work laws are Republicans and their wealthy donors. Unions are the major source of funds for the Democratic party, the voice of middle class America. People in Michigan were given a wake up call with this stab in the back from Snyder. Not only will this law be repealed but it will ensure a Democratic governor in 2014. Just another example of Republicans not knowing which fights to pick.
Hey crazy Gun Nut say what?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
December 26th can't get here fast enough.
So you think the Mayan calendar guy was wrong??? So unlike you to overlook a nonsensical negative Flack.

Should probably mention that unleaded reg is as low as $3.15.9 here, Coors Light (the official beer of NASCAR) is $17.99 per 24 ct case here and nearly every other one of your predictions has fallen flat on it's azz.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I sometimes get depressed going to my work computer every day and having to listen to all those annoying physicians.
Does that count? I could be real convincing if I had to if the liberals on here wouldn't mind contributing to my "disability" check.
Add a little carpal tunnel and it guaranteed!
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Bahrain is a Closed Society and the West is on the Same Path Leading Bahraini human rights activist, Nabeel Rajab, has had his prison term cut from three to two years. Rajab has been imprisoned since August, on charges of organizing illegal gatherings and inciting violence.

The activist's lawyer was demanding his release. The uprising in Bahrain has been ongoing for almost two years now, with the Shia majority demanding democratic reform from the Sunni ruling family.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Wow 4 people out of over 65 million, oh no the gov't might collapse.
I know some Americans that have moved there to take advantage of their fantastic healthcare system, I guess they'll pick up the slack.
You probably didn't read the first one very carefully. There is a flight of the wealthy leaving France the article said.

How many have to leave before the ordinary folks feel the sting of their departure?

Just trying to prepare myself.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

96 days till spring.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Won’t Get Fooled Again? Hyping Syria’s WMD ‘Threat’
the US and UK governments once again raise the spectre of ‘weapons of mass destruction’ to demonise a target for ‘regime change’, this time in Syria. What is actually going on in the minds of people who know that exactly the same ploy was exposed as a cynical deception just a few years ago? Do they view the public with contempt? Are they laughing at us? Are they playing the only card they perceive to be available to them; one that they know will work imperfectly, but will have to do?

In the US, NBC commented:

‘U.S. officials tell us that the Syrian military is poised tonight to use chemical weapons against its own people. And all it would take is the final order from Syrian President Assad.’

US media watch dog Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting asked:‘So where did all of this new information come from?’ The familiar, ominous answer:‘Anonymous government officials talking to outlets like the New York Times.’ This, for example:

‘Western intelligence officials say they are picking up new signs of activity at sites in Syria that are used to store chemical weapons. The officials are uncertain whether Syrian forces might be preparing to use the weapons in a last-ditch effort to save the government, or simply sending a warning to the West about the implications of providing more help to the Syrian rebels.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Syria Propaganda Looking a Lot Like Iraq Propaganda
How can you tell when a country is about to get invaded? Listen to the sellout traitor talking heads on television tell you the country has "weapons of mass destruction" or "chemical weapons" and is "about to use them on their own people". The gullible American public fell for it once, the media and government assume it will work again... only will it?
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps to a some yet to be established degree Michigan gets it right. I have no problem with the concept of right to work laws but I'm also a dedicated fan of the real world.
What’s the Real World? Now my definition is Intelligent People make Intelligent Choices that’s pretty simply!! No Coerce or Threats just…Choice!!!
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Post Gaddafi Era: Libyan Women Losing Rights
With the rebel victory in October 2011, Abaida returned to Libya to help with the “democratic transition” and promote her particular cause of women’s rights. However, what she found in her homeland was chaos. The tribalism that underlies social organization in Libya had come to the fore.

According to Amnesty International, that tribalism is reflected in the activities of “armed militias … acting completely out of control.… There are hundreds of them across the country, arresting people without warrant, detaining them incommunicado, and torturing them.… This is all happening while the government is unwilling or unable to rein the militias in.”

Abaida adds that “during the revolution everyone was united, all were working together.” That, of course, was when many of the tribes had a common enemy – the Gaddafi regime. Now the common enemy is gone.

As it turned out, Muammar Gaddafi’s dictatorship had served for 41 years as a center of gravity – a center that kept the centrifugal tribal forces in check. The National Transitional Council (NTC), which took over after the defeat of the regime and the parliamentary elections that followed, were supposed to fill the void, but proved insufficient to the task. Ms. Abaida and her cause have become victims of that failure.

Upon her return to Libya, she advocated for gender equality to be incorporated into any new Libyan constitution. She never had a chance. The tribes are tied to traditions that are strongly patriarchal. Also, the chaotic nature of post-revolution Libyan politics allowed free play to extremist Islamic forces that saw gender equality as a Western perversion.

ANOTHER VICTORY FOR THE DEMOCRATIC FEM LIB WAR MACHINE

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with half a brain knows that the only ones to benefit from right to work laws are Republicans and their wealthy donors. Unions are the major source of funds for the Democratic party, the voice of middle class America. People in Michigan were given a wake up call with this stab in the back from Snyder. Not only will this law be repealed but it will ensure a Democratic governor in 2014. Just another example of Republicans not knowing which fights to pick.
There's my hillbilly! Things get a little borong for us ol' timers so we just make stuff up. The scary part is, we really believe what we are saying is fact!!!

Eh, sonny boy?

Bingo tonigh, Old Goob!
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Libya and Beyond: Obama Turned Out Worse Than Bush
Geopolitical Analyst Dan Glazebrook speaking at the Muammar Gaddafi Memorial in London. 3rd November 2012.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Ever since the 1990s, and especially since the Kosovo war in 1999, anyone who opposes armed interventions by Western powers and NATO has to confront what may be called an anti-anti-war left (including its far left segment). In Europe, and notably in France, this anti-anti-war left is made up of the mainstream of social democracy, the Green parties and most of the radical left. The anti-anti-war left does not come out openly in favor of Western military interventions and even criticizes them at times (but usually only for their tactics or alleged motivations – the West is supporting a just cause, but clumsily and for oil or for geo-strategic reasons).

But most of its energy is spent issuing “warnings” against the supposed dangerous drift of that part of the left that remains firmly opposed to such interventions. It calls upon us to show solidarity with the “victims” against “dictators who kill their own people”, and not to give in to knee-jerk anti-imperialism, anti-Americanism, or anti-Zionism, and above all not to end up on the same side as the far right. After the Kosovo Albanians in 1999, we have been told that “we” must protect Afghan women, Iraqi Kurds and more recently the people of Libya and of Syria.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

“Shadow Statistics”: More Phony Employment Numbers
Statistician John Williams ( shadowstats.com ) calls the government’s latest jobs and unemployment reports “nonsense numbers.”

There are a number of ongoing problems with the released numbers. For example, the concurrent-seasonal factor adjustments are unstable. The birth-death model adds non-existent jobs each month that are then taken out in the annual downward benchmark revisions. Williams calculates that the job overstatement through November averages 45,000 monthly. In other words, employment gains during 2012 have been overstated by about 500,000 jobs. Another problem is that each month’s jobs number is boosted by downside revision of the previous month’s jobs number. Williams reports that the 146,000 new jobs reported for November “was after a significant downside revision to October’s reporting. Net of prior-period revisions, November’s seasonally-adjusted monthly gain was 97,000.”

Even if we believe the government that 146,000 new jobs materialized during November, that is the amount necessary to stay even with population growth and therefore could not be responsible for reducing the unemployment rate from 7.9% to 7.7%. The reduction is due to how the unemployed are counted.

The 7.7% rate is known as the “headline rate.” It is the rate you hear in the news. Its official designation is U.3.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics has another official unemployment rate known as U.6.

The difference is that U.3 does not include discouraged workers who are not currently actively seeking a job.(A discouraged worker is a person who has given up looking for a job because there are no jobs to be found.) The U.6 measure includes workers who have been discouraged for less than one year. The U.6 rate of unemployment is 14.4%, about double the headline rate.

The U.6 rate does not include long-term discouraged workers, those who

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>So you think the Mayan calendar guy was wrong??? So unlike you to overlook a nonsensical negative Flack.
Should probably mention that unleaded reg is as low as $3.15.9 here, Coors Light (the official beer of NASCAR) is $17.99 per 24 ct case here and nearly every other one of your predictions has fallen flat on it's azz.
I have never commented on the Mayan thing. That was you all saying I did and then believing what you said. You people tend to do that a lot. Uh if you haven't noticed the world economy isn't exactly running on all cylinders. The experts (laugh) at the time didn't foresee that. I just repeated what the Budweiser guy told me. Again the world economy is not running on all cylinders. Prediction would mean I thought it up myself. What you and the other libtards on here didn't and still don't realize that 99% of those 'predictions' were headlines from various news services. Blame them not me.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
" Five economic factors were analyzed in right to work and non-right to work states in the Midwest, with the following statistical outcomes:

1. Percentage Growth in Non-Farm Private Sector Employees (1995-2005)
a. Right to Work States: 12.9%
b. Non-right to Work States: 6.0%

2. Average Poverty Rate-Adjusted for Cost of Living (2002-2004)
a. Right to Work States: 8.5%
b. Non-right to Work States: 10.1%

3. Percentage Growth in Patents Annually Granted (1995-2005)
a. Right to Work States: 33.0%
b. Non-right to Work States: 11.0%

4. Percentage Growth in Real Personal Income (1995-2005)
a. Right to Work States: 26.0%
b. Non-right to Work States: 19.0%

5. Percentage Growth in Number of People Covered by Employment Based Private Health Insurance (1995-2005):
a. Right to Work States: 8.5%
b. Non-right to Work States: 0.7%"
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
96 days till spring.
Susan Rice pulls her name from the nominating list for Secretary of State.

She puts the nation first__good for her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 759,741 - 759,760 of1,032,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 303,180
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Samuel 17,686
Ugly Mug Cafe opens on East Baltimore Street Mon frauds 10
Debate: Marijuana - Baltimore, MD (Aug '10) Mon Sneek Blee 51
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Mon Squach 123,275
legit Research Chemicals Vendor (Sep '13) Apr 13 Davey 2
With session over, O'Malley more free to focus ... Apr 12 William Jones 1
•••

Freeze Watch for Baltimore County was issued at April 15 at 9:49PM EDT