Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
756,981 - 757,000 of 1,100,583 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#819339 Dec 10, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG!! By 2016, possession of a firearm by a private citizen will be a FELONY!! And President Obama's new supreme court will repeal the 22nd amendment and he will be easily re-elected to a THIRD TERM of great leadership! Get used to it, racist jerk!
Nope.
Not gonna happen.
Neither one.

Why would you champion either of these things?
carol

Orlando, FL

#819340 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
cont'd.....
After Stahl mentioned that her husband, Aaron Latham, was a screenwriter, Reagan became animated, and pulled Latham to a couch to discuss a movie idea he had for a film in which he could star. Stahl recalls she was "too astonished to move." A few minutes later, the session was over. Reagan was now beaming, and after Stahl and her family left the Oval Office, Reagan chased after them and told her daughter, "I worked for your mother, too."
In her book, Stahl noted that she "had come that close to reporting that Reagan was senile. I had every intention of telling the American people what I had observed in the Oval Office."
But she didn't. This week, I asked her why not. In an email, she replied,
Because Reagan seemed to "recover"—I decided I could not go out on the White House lawn and tell the public what his behavior meant. So I never did a report.
I was obviously not equipped to interpret what LOOKED like a lapse into semi-awareness. Was it what I had assumed at first: senility? Was it an "act"—a way to avoid answering my questions? Was it some form of dementia (maybe not Alzheimer's)? I decided I couldn't report on my observations at all that night.
Stahl added,
Later, when I would ask White House officials if they had ever seen him float away like that, they’d say yes, but that, as with me, he always pulled himself together. It was confusing for everyone.
Indeed, in her book—published 14 years after she left the White House beat—Stahl noted that after Reagan had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, she asked one of his chief advisers if Reagan had been senile when he was president. "Maybe there were symptoms," this aide told her, "though I say that in hindsight. He would come to life for the cameras. He was on/off, on/off." Several former Reaganites Stahl spoke to about Reagan's mental conditions brushed aside any suggestion of mental deterioration. "People with Alzheimer's don't take down the Soviet Union," speechwriter Peggy Noonan told Stahl.(Noonan also admitted that she had rarely seen Reagan while working for him.) But another unnamed aide said that the subsequent Alzheimer's diagnosis "explains a lot." He told Stahl:
He tuned out—a lot...People didn't talk about it. People treated him with very special care. You had to explain things in elemental terms, but because he was so likable, everyone had so mush personal regard for him—everyone protected him...He was intellectually vacant, but I never felt the country was in any danger.
Stahl tells me that she is certain that after that Oval Office encounter with Reagan, she discussed with her producers whether to report on Reagan's mental condition. "I would have to have skirted around the words 'senility,''Alzheimer's,''deme ntia,'" she notes. "I would have been declaring the president unfit to serve, or at least raising the possibility." That undoubtedly would have set off a political detonation. And such a report would have suggested a White House cover-up—at a time when tense foreign policy matters were in the news and midterm elections were a few months off.
Perhaps it wasn't Alzheimer's but another health issue. Yet her account and her subsequent reporting suggests Ron Reagan is closer to the truth than Michael Reagan. The Gipper was slipping while he was occupying the most powerful position in the world, and the public was kept in the dark.""
----------
You lose, Lorac. But then, you always lose!!
And Stahl isn't biased? Stahl makes no attempt to conceal her bias anytime and anywhere.

She said herself Reagan seemed to "recover" and interpreted it to possibly be "what LOOKED like a lapse into semi-awareness" or an "act" as a way to avoid answering her questions.

Just because a few White House officials said that Reagan sometimes seemed distant but always "pulled himself together" - her words, not theirs - means Stahl is probably more confused than anyone.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#819341 Dec 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Like they did in the late 90's?
How did people this f*cking stupid get to be CEO's? Or is it they think they are so much smarter and can dupe everyone with the same ease as they dupes thew Galts?
"I n 1997, Clinton signed a reduction in the (audible liberal gasp) capital gains tax rate to 20% from 28%."
carol

Orlando, FL

#819342 Dec 10, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>The will of those who approved this course of action, did a great disservice to themselves as well as to those who did not approve it. In my opinion, it is the voters who cut off their own noses, to spite the faces of everyone living in the state. That Mrs. Fallin gets credit for validating this stupidity is just a happy accident.
While I agree that mandating the purchase of individual health insurance is not a good idea, it is now Federal law, and my tax dollars are going to support its implementation in other states, when they could be far better used to follow the law, than to circumvent it here and support it elsewhere. The latter is not fiscally conservative, by any stretch of the imagination.
But then, of course, I'm not a tea-party Republican, or trying to get re-elected as Governor of Oklahoma, either.
But you're wrong. The Supreme Court threw out the mandate. Obamacare is now just another tax.

A tax Obama and Pelosi swore up and down it wasn't.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#819343 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but as you say, these morons are intrigurd by simple, shiny objects that fit on a bumper sticker.
Flat tax and Fair tax is great - for the wealthy.
Somehow, FAUX has convinced these poor morons like Carol that their interssts and the interests of the wealthy are the same.
That's why the level of income inequality is at historic levels, and companies like WalMart force their workers onto foodstamps and medicaid.
These nitwits blame the workers, call them stupid. They don't realize that lots of Iraq and Afgan veterans work for WalMart. They're all Americans, who deserve fair treatment by their employers. Fair is a living wage.
Yet they claim to be great patriots.
These folks are seriously f-uped.
Good news is they've proven themselves to be part of the lunatic fringe and can't understand why they got creamed in the election.
You two mutts need to go breed somewhere else. This isn't a dating site.
carol

Orlando, FL

#819344 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confused again. Must be your alzheimers.
You call Ron a liberal lon and blame me?? You really are whacked, desperate!!
Then there's this:
"Over the years, White House reporters often wondered about Reagan's alertness, especially toward the end of his second term. At times, he paused and appeared to look into the distance as he formulated answers to questions or responded to situations. Journalists were unsure whether it was part of his hearing impairment or something else. When asked a question that he could not or would not answer, Reagan would sometimes say, "they [his staff] haven't told me what I'm doing yet."
At a photo-op, reporters asked about the perceived the lack of progress on arms control talks with the Soviet Union. As the president pondered the query, Nancy Reagan whispered, "Doing the best we can." Taking the cue, Ronald Reagan repeated, "We're doing the best we can."
Reagan also once mistook his housing secretary Samuel R. Pierce Jr. for a city mayor. "Hello Mr. Mayor," he said to the only cabinet secretary to serve through both Reagan terms.
Several years after Reagan left office, I asked a former White House staffer who frequently saw the president if he (Reagan) always recognized him. The man said, "He knew my face and he knew my name but not always at the same time."
Physicians diagnosed Reagan with Alzheimer's approximately five years after he left office but the date of the onset will likely be pondered by political historians and medical experts for years to come.""
----------
Hate to burst your bubble, Lorac.
You're as dead wrong on this as you were on Terri Schiavo. LOL
Remember your blind stupidity on that one?? I do!!
So a far left loon and a dishonest biased reporter is all you got, huh?

A child who dishonors a parent's legacy after they're gone is scum.

But he's, oh, so credible to liberals.

There you have it.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#819345 Dec 10, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and some wonder why my reaction to such seems to be below my normal behavior.
nutjob crazy deserves worse than what i've thrown at it.
You must be feeling dome guilt if what i said bothers you.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#819346 Dec 10, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't worry about any criticism from that moran who calls everyone stupid fck to get attention, and he's the dumbest rock on here.
Tell us again how romney runs drugs and guns. Hahahaha

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#819347 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to question why you would take anything Emaam says seriously.
As Lily said, all he does is call people 'stupid fcks'.
He is way beneath your contempt!! Ignore the troll!!
One of the reasons Carol continues her lie-a-thon is that many are too polite to her.
She's a hateful racist b*tch! Best to treat her accordingly.
I was right about your mother's name, wasn't i?

Hey remember when you got all high and mighty about treatment of women (during the war on women phase of your brainwashing)? Hahahahaha
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#819348 Dec 10, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be feeling dome guilt if what i said bothers you.
What is dome guilt? Is that when your team plays indoors and mine plays outside?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#819349 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So a far left loon and a dishonest biased reporter is all you got, huh?
A child who dishonors a parent's legacy after they're gone is scum.
But he's, oh, so credible to liberals.
There you have it.
Nothing regarding the daughters eh? Maureen, Ronnie's first born and Patti (Reagan) Davis and author of "A House of Secrets" and other works. You probably didn't read any of her books did you?

You don't read much do you Carol? Prefer your information in short burst from the likes of Glenda Beck and Oh'Really ?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#819350 Dec 10, 2012
Only a great fool would think Reagan was a great president. - Homer

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#819351 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, ask Emaam and Carol.
They both drive the pieces of crap.
Of course, we all know that conservatives don't believe in conserving anything, don't we??
Except for conserving tax cuts for the ultra wealthy, that is!!
ROFLMAO!!
Yep, you're a stupid fck.

" Perhaps the quintessential niche vehicle, the Jeep Wrangler has held the crown of ultimate off-roader ever since it was offered to the general public. This SUV's lineage goes back more than 60 years to the original military "Jeep," the now-legendary 4x4 that transported World War II soldiers and supplies over very rough terrain. Throughout the years the Wrangler's off-road prowess and tough-guy image have never wavered, but nor has it been the most civilized vehicle on the planet. For the most recent generation of the Wrangler, Jeep has attempted to make it more livable, introducing a new four-door body style, a more contemporary interior and new safety and convenience features. But die-hard Jeep enthusiasts shouldn't be too worried about this softening: The latest Wrangler stays true to its original purpose of providing rugged off-road capability and distinctive style."
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#819352 Dec 10, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Or perhaps good news because that will reduce turnout of the Democrat base.
Democrats big tent while the Tepublican are afraid of the viral "tea party."
Bill Clinton did fine with the base
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#819353 Dec 10, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you're a stupid fck.
" Perhaps the quintessential niche vehicle, the Jeep Wrangler has held the crown of ultimate off-roader ever since it was offered to the general public. This SUV's lineage goes back more than 60 years to the original military "Jeep," the now-legendary 4x4 that transported World War II soldiers and supplies over very rough terrain. Throughout the years the Wrangler's off-road prowess and tough-guy image have never wavered, but nor has it been the most civilized vehicle on the planet. For the most recent generation of the Wrangler, Jeep has attempted to make it more livable, introducing a new four-door body style, a more contemporary interior and new safety and convenience features. But die-hard Jeep enthusiasts shouldn't be too worried about this softening: The latest Wrangler stays true to its original purpose of providing rugged off-road capability and distinctive style."
Peppy is a stupid fck, Homer too has been known to be one on occasion.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#819354 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lookie, the little weenie has come out from Gunner's skirts!!
Attaboy, maybe Gunner can get you to grow a pair!!
I love how you bitch that bush didn't use the national guard, then quote how the national guard from several states helped. Classic nutsickles.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#819355 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're wrong. The Supreme Court threw out the mandate. Obamacare is now just another tax.
A tax Obama and Pelosi swore up and down it wasn't.
You lost the election and this is the result.
Romney lost the election with his flip flop, etch-a-sketch campaign, tea party support and depending on news from fox.

Your Tea Party posts helped Obama win?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#819356 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knew this singer knew Nucular?
He was inspired by nuculur's posts.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#819357 Dec 10, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
...and Jesse Jackson is relieved when he see's a white person behind him too...
....Democrats are relieved to see Mitt Romney behind them...all Mitt polled was 47% thanks to the tea party guidance.

"After all, this was a central question in the election. A clear majority of Americans — Democrats, Republicans and independents — agreed with a balanced approach that asks something from everyone, but a little more from those who can most afford it,"
President Obama
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#819358 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Or they're cowards, like you.
Thank you for once again proving how ignorant obama-worshippers truly are. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 min ICP 2014k 18,879
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 46 min DAVID27 305,462
One Action Movie Can Damage a Mind for Life 1 hr HidingInMyCave 6
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Thu Raptor in Michigan 120,152
Review: Dundalk Animal Hospital - Dennis G Fost... (Jan '09) Aug 28 time 26
gay hookup in maryland Aug 27 mdtowson 3
How can I find a active biker dating site ? Aug 26 kobe 1
•••
•••
Baltimore Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000