Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#818134 Dec 7, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
ethics is THE KEY...
Absolutely!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#818135 Dec 7, 2012
Republicans should grant Obama his wishes!! The economy will continue to tank, On Sunday Liberal Talk Show host talking points will be neutralize from accusing Republicans as obstructionist, Obama and the Liberals/Democrats will once again become the Focus of this Fail Economy!!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#818136 Dec 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran wasn't an innocent entity either during the Iran-Iraq conflict. Being wrong about Saddam and turning a blind eye to the atrocities all those years is a black mark on our history.
But why should you care anyway? You still have a problem we got rid of him when we did.
What I thought was interesting was how you said that our meddling in ME affairs might bear consequences.

That's all.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#818137 Dec 7, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How about academic requirements instead, rather than diplomas for part-time attendance?
Public high schools here expel students for part-time attendance. The alternative high schools, however, have higher academic standards than many of the regular ones - and the teachers are more invested (and less restricted) in educating, than in tenure or coffee breaks. Attendance is far better in the alt schools than it is in the regular schools, because the students ACTUALLY WANT TO BE THERE.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#818138 Dec 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
How sweet was that song in Mama Mia? I cried when those women dropped everything to sing the song and pretend they were 17 again.
Didn't you?
(I was actually a very good teacher, by the way. Parents would request me as their child's teacher, and the Superintendent of Schools told me parents of former students had sent letters of commendation to him specifically about me. I wanted to raise my child, however, and to be there for her.)
Homer cried too. No wait, no I didn't. Hey! 1956, you were just about to enter high school, pay attention in history class this time.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#818139 Dec 7, 2012
after getting smacked up side the head with it, Morris sees a little reality....

The Republican consultants are so enamored of negative ads that they do not appreciate the impact of rebuttal media and its capacity to wipe away negatives and trigger a backlash against the candidate who airs them. But the doctrine of always attack — reminiscent of the French and British generals in World War I — does not permit rebuttals, only new negatives.

And we paid the price.

http://www.dickmorris.com/whites-stayed-home-...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#818140 Dec 7, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No they were called drive-ins and people actually knew how to give change. Ever give a cashier a $20 and $0.50 for a $7.45 bill? You'd think they were calculating the trajectory of Apollo 11.
Get out of here with that backwoods shit you dumb fk. An eighteen year old can sell three hundred fast food meals per hour with few if any mistakes. At McDonalds the order posts up before the preparation folks, is recorded on the managers log and at the Martin Brower commissary to compute tomorrows delivery.

Only a fkn moron doesn't understand that Flo the bad hungover chain smoking waitress left the building with Elvis.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#818141 Dec 7, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
175 plus more--out of work here today!
Oh yeah--way to go-- economic DUHMmies!!!
You just rousting from your moonshine induced coma?

Location hidden

#818142 Dec 7, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, now, let's not tar everyone with that same brush; after all, carol also "claims" to have been a nurse when she wants to drop some Right to Life BS into the fan...I don't think Galt claims to be a product of public schools and flack obviously dropped out in middle school. I assume you don't get Gingrich confused with Buckley or Palin with Hitchens?
I once confused Gingrich with Romney's ass but I've since had my eyeglass prescription adjusted.

Meanwhile, I'm not impressed with the government's attempts at educating our youth. In fact, they pretty much suck at it.
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#818143 Dec 7, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Merry Taxmas
Members of Congress have been making backroom deals and preparing to bring you a season’s greeting of their own called “Merry Taxmas!” Americans for Prosperity wants to keep “Taxmas” from happening, by ensuring Congress keeps its promise of cutting wasteful government spending. Please follow the steps below to make your voice heard this holiday season.
http://merrytaxmas.org/
have at it democrats.
Wait a minute...

I thought you wanted the Clinton Era tax rates?

That might hurt yer business don't cha think?
Oh.....wait...my bad! You want to single out a group and make them pay higher rates!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#818144 Dec 7, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Get out of here with that backwoods shit you dumb fk. An eighteen year old can sell three hundred fast food meals per hour with few if any mistakes. At McDonalds the order posts up before the preparation folks, is recorded on the managers log and at the Martin Brower commissary to compute tomorrows delivery.
Only a fkn moron doesn't understand that Flo the bad hungover chain smoking waitress left the building with Elvis.
I think we've established the fact that Flack is trapped in 1955.
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#818145 Dec 7, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Get out of here with that backwoods shit you dumb fk. An eighteen year old can sell three hundred fast food meals per hour with few if any mistakes. At McDonalds the order posts up before the preparation folks, is recorded on the managers log and at the Martin Brower commissary to compute tomorrows delivery.
Some knowledge you got there...

Do you own a 'McDonalds' or do you work at one?

Location hidden

#818146 Dec 7, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
only pay attention if you're a FOXbot.
Whites Stayed Home And Re-Elected Obama
By Dick Morris
Why didn’t whites vote and why didn’t we all spot it sooner?
Impact of Sandy.
http://www.dickmorris.com/whites-stayed-home-...
proof positive that carol has not a clue.
Morris is such a gifted idiot. Whites not voting in Sandy-affected blue states is what lost the election???
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#818147 Dec 7, 2012
Obammmie Care to the rescue...

"Illinois laying off 18 medical regulators"

http://www.illinoistimes.com/Springfield/arti...
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#818148 Dec 7, 2012
Company's all over!

Washington DC is feeling the pain...

"...cutting 700 jobs, about half of which are Washington area positions..."

http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/20...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#818149 Dec 7, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. All those extra taxes collected will run the country for about what 8 days? Obammy will keep promising free everything and before you know it there will be Greek style protests when there's no one left to pay the bill and China won't lend anymore $$. I saw protestors yesterday. They were complaining about their $7.50 an hour wages at McDonalds and want to unionize and have "living wages." As if saying "do you want fries with that?" should earn enough to support a family in NYC. Get ready for the $20 Happy Meal.
I take it you're opposed to minimum-wage earners raising children, since you acknowledge the impossibility of minimum wage to support a family?

What do you suggest?

How about castration of all newborn males whose parents make less than 50K per year? Would that do it for you?

Minimum wage part-time jobs were intended for students, and elderly folks supplementing their savings post-retirement. It was never intended to use part-time employment as the means to an employer's business model, but that is the format in which jobs are increasingly available. When you're a grown person with children, experiencing a lay-off, downsizing, outsourcing, or the entire elimination of one's former position throughout the workforce, whose job opportunities are summarily reduced to minimum-wage part-time jobs, or panhandling, which would you prefer we choose?
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#818150 Dec 7, 2012
Punish...punish...punish...

rich republicans and their underwear!

College laying off...

"...rising retirement and health insurance costs."

http://pressrepublican.com/0100_news/x2120609...

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#818151 Dec 7, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're the exception. There are always exceptional people who have the time and patience and intelligence to take on that task.
It's not for the masses.
Well, Ben Franklin actually had six months total formal education; Lincoln probably had no more than twelve, but the concept would seem to be "self-taught." There are some programs and parents that do good work at home schooling, but even linguistically advanced li'l ol' me would think there were many more qualified to teach calculus to a future engineer than I...some of these ones who home school basically for religious reasons I've found to be clear cases of the blind leading the blind. A lot of the students I've known who effectively "dropped out" to pursue an online diploma wasted their time and money.
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#818152 Dec 7, 2012
Keep your cell phone at all cost if you live in:

Connecticut

"AT&T Eliminating 106 Jobs In State, Mostly Landline Technicians"

CWA...

thankfully they had a union...

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-att-techni...
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#818153 Dec 7, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Ben Franklin actually had six months total formal education; Lincoln probably had no more than twelve, but the concept would seem to be "self-taught." There are some programs and parents that do good work at home schooling, but even linguistically advanced li'l ol' me would think there were many more qualified to teach calculus to a future engineer than I...some of these ones who home school basically for religious reasons I've found to be clear cases of the blind leading the blind. A lot of the students I've known who effectively "dropped out" to pursue an online diploma wasted their time and money.
Ben Franklin lived to be 84...

all without Social Security or Obamacare...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr Friv4games 306,257
STEVE DeBAUGH (May '12) 18 hr Steve 2
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 19 hr grave digger 54,520
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 hr Pastor LDM 19,381
Baltimore on Orkin Rattiest City List Tue numberonepestcont... 1
Need help to get down! Oct 20 sweetenvy 1
Review: Atas Marc J Oct 20 Briansaul 5
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match

Baltimore Jobs

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]