Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1522892 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Gunner

Middletown, CT

#755703 Sep 28, 2012
Tony wrote:
Republicans number one priority is to make Obama a one term President.
No sh*t, Sherlock.

Did you spend "the last two years of high school in a daze" like your hero, Obama The Inhaler?
Romney-R is 4 the rich

Chicago, IL

#755704 Sep 28, 2012
Nancy The Mormon wrote:
Team Romney apologizes in advance for losing next weeks debate. Remember a team is only as good as its leader:
In a memo about the debates distributed to campaign surrogates and provided to CNN on Thursday, longtime Romney adviser Beth Myers outlines a series of reasons why the president is likely to emerge as the winner of the first debate.
Among them:
– President Obama is "widely regarded as one of the most talented political communicators in modern history."
– "This will be the eighth one-on-one presidential debate of his political career. For Mitt Romney, it will be his first."
– "Four years ago, Barack Obama faced John McCain on the debate stage. According to Gallup, voters judged him the winner of each debate by double-digit margins, and their polling showed he won one debate by an astounding 33-point margin."
Myers argues that Obama will "use his ample rhetorical gifts and debating experience to one end: attacking Mitt Romney."
"We fully expect a 90-minute attack ad aimed at tearing down his opponent," she writes in the memo.
Pushing back against emerging conventional wisdom, Myers concludes that the debates will not, in fact, decide the election: "It will be decided by the American people," she says.
Read the full memo below:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/...
I thought Mitt's position was to attack Obama?
Because Mitt was so much better.
This is so confusing.
Now that's a REAL Romney . Capitulating without putting up the fight . Perhaps he thought he can buy his way out of debate .
FREEDOM TO SPEAK

Falls Church, VA

#755705 Sep 28, 2012
Lily Boca Raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're delusional
.. and you are delusional retard that "thinks" she's smart.
still the same

New York, NY

#755706 Sep 28, 2012
Romney-R is 4 the rich wrote:
<quoted text>Your letters don't match up.
We both know republican party consist of mostly disenfranchised whites . In fact republican party is the umbrella for the KKK Aryan Nations etc
AAAHHH the young parrot

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#755707 Sep 28, 2012
FREEDOM TO SPEAK wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you trying to pass your bad habbit on this person.
That would be habit, you hobbit...now get your hairy feet to a less public repose.
Romney-R is 4 the rich

Chicago, IL

#755708 Sep 28, 2012
still the same wrote:
<quoted text>OkOk I'M GETTING A PROFILE OK Ok under twenty five AND LEARNING SO I'm smarter than everyone else or over thirty and undereducated, if the former ok I hope you will grow if the latter o well it speaks for itself
The GOP has stood in the way of health care reform for decades and their fear-mongering scare tactics failed them
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#755709 Sep 28, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I googled magnetic imaging centers berks county pa and quickly found 8 balloons on the map, some were not in Berks but still nearby.
I suspect they all accept cash and that all are busy.
We've been discussing the need for health care reform for 3 years and you remain clueless.
tried what you said but did not get the same results....

there are numerous MRI facilities in Berks County, but most are affiliated or owned by one of the two hospitals in the county, where all physicians are affiliated....

anything outside the county in not relevant to most residents....
rip tide

United States

#755710 Sep 28, 2012
I wonder if it would be possible to tally all of the posts under this thread and come to a conclusion what percentage of posters support which party/candidate? See what margin there is by number of posters?

I haven't the means (or time) to do so.

As I thumbed through a few of the latest pages, I see a few that seem to have plenty of time on their hands. No offense on that one.

It would be interesting, don't you think?

Bueller? Bueller? Anybody?
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#755711 Sep 28, 2012
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
In what has descended into CLASS Warfare, our president has CLASS.
Mitt has zero CLASS, neither does the GOP. Akin is alive and well in the ever changing GOP stance? LOL
PS: Are you still playing w/Carol?
She is determined to expose herself as a completely uninformed, heavily biased robo-poster.
The debates should be highly entertaining, not for Mitt however!
I can see the orange spray on tan sliding down his sweating brow at each quest he has to defend.
Hmm... I wonder whom his handlers are?
They have a huge turd to polish!
Mitt has so much CLA$$ that he doesn’t need CLASS, nor does he need to be POTUS. At best, I believe that it would just be another hobby and another feather in his cap.

While Carol leaves no question that she intends to take no prisoner in her arguments with adversaries, she has never crossed the line with me by using ugly name-calling and I greatly appreciate that in a Romney devotee. I enjoy arguing, as she too appears to enjoy.

I suspect that Mitt will not go orange for the debates, since his audience will not be primarily Latino. Adiós Latinos — Hello there, all you “real Americans.”
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#755712 Sep 28, 2012
<quoted text>I think my posting name very catching . Comrades at school already working on very similar bumper stickers and signs . It goes to the nucleus of the human brain and it stays there silently remaining fellow comrades our struggle with the 3% of the superich .
R-Romney for R-rich R-republicans- RRR just like ,mind you KKK .
:)
so now you have expanded the 1& to the 3%???....
beggars for obama 2012

Blanchard, OK

#755713 Sep 28, 2012
Why would anyone want to see someones college transcripts.....

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/mass-c...
Romney-R is 4 the rich

Chicago, IL

#755715 Sep 28, 2012
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Birdy replaced Strom
Strom Thurmond represented South Carolina in the United States Senate from 1954 until 2003, at first as a Democrat and, after 1964, as a Republican.
He switched because of his opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, disaffection with the national party, and support for the conservatism of the Republican presidential candidate and Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater
He left office as the only senator to reach the age of 100 while still in office and as the oldest-serving and longest-serving senator in U.S. history (although he was later surpassed in the latter by Robert Byrd).
Thurmond holds the record at 14 years as the longest-serving Dean of the United States Senate in U.S. history.
In opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1957, he conducted the longest filibuster ever by a lone senator, at 24 hours and 18 minutes in length, nonstop.
In the 1960s, he opposed the civil rights legislation of 1964 and 1965 to end segregation and enforce the voting rights of African-American citizens. He always insisted he had never been a racist, but was opposed to excessive federal authority. He notably was quoted as saying that
"all the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, into our schools, our churches and our places of recreation and amusement."
He attributed the movement for integration to Communist agitators.
Sound GOP familiar? LOL
Starting in the 1970s, he moderated his position on race, but continued to defend his early segregationist campaigns on the basis of states' rights in the context of Southern society at the time,never fully renouncing his earlier viewpoints.
Mitt all over! Mitt is too arrogant to retract anything he utters.
RACIST hypocrisy!
Six months after Thurmond's death in 2003, it was revealed that at age 22, he had fathered a mixed-race daughter, Essie Mae Washington-Williams, with his family's maid, Carrie Butler, a 16-year-old black girl.
Although Thurmond never publicly acknowledged Essie Mae, he paid for her education at a historically black college and passed other money to her for some time. His children by his marriage eventually acknowledged her.
How quickly you forgot David Duke

"In 1988, Duke ran initially in the Democratic presidential primaries"

"In December 1988, Duke changed his political affiliation from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party"

Meaning it was easier for Duke to relate to mostly white republican party ..
Gunner

Middletown, CT

#755716 Sep 28, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how Bush's
LOL!

Speaking of funny, Obama must be laughing his azz off at how easy it is to manipulate the media along with idiot worshipers like you.
TSM

United States

#755717 Sep 28, 2012
<quoted text>Your letters don't match up.
We both know republican party consist of mostly disenfranchised whites . In fact republican party is the umbrella for the KKK Aryan Nations etc
There’s no excuse being Ignorant of History unless you’re from Chicago!!
Romney-R is 4 the rich

Chicago, IL

#755718 Sep 28, 2012
Gunner

Middletown, CT

#755719 Sep 28, 2012
New poll: Romney advantage over obama on who would be tougher on terrorism

The foreign-policy results of the new Bloomberg National Poll haven't gotten much attention yet, but the survey contains some bad news for the Obama campaign.

According to the poll, Mitt Romney has a 48-42 advantage over Barack Obama on the question of which candidate would be tougher on terrorism. Romney, in other words, has encroached on one of Obama's signature strengths.

“CRACK A SMILE”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#755720 Sep 28, 2012
Obama is a murderer.
TSM

United States

#755721 Sep 28, 2012
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Birdy replaced Strom
Strom Thurmond represented South Carolina in the United States Senate from 1954 until 2003, at first as a Democrat and, after 1964, as a Republican.
He switched because of his opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, disaffection with the national party, and support for the conservatism of the Republican presidential candidate and Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater
He left office as the only senator to reach the age of 100 while still in office and as the oldest-serving and longest-serving senator in U.S. history (although he was later surpassed in the latter by Robert Byrd).
Thurmond holds the record at 14 years as the longest-serving Dean of the United States Senate in U.S. history.
In opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1957, he conducted the longest filibuster ever by a lone senator, at 24 hours and 18 minutes in length, nonstop.
In the 1960s, he opposed the civil rights legislation of 1964 and 1965 to end segregation and enforce the voting rights of African-American citizens. He always insisted he had never been a racist, but was opposed to excessive federal authority. He notably was quoted as saying that
"all the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, into our schools, our churches and our places of recreation and amusement."
He attributed the movement for integration to Communist agitators.
Sound GOP familiar? LOL
Starting in the 1970s, he moderated his position on race, but continued to defend his early segregationist campaigns on the basis of states' rights in the context of Southern society at the time,never fully renouncing his earlier viewpoints.
Mitt all over! Mitt is too arrogant to retract anything he utters.
RACIST hypocrisy!
Six months after Thurmond's death in 2003, it was revealed that at age 22, he had fathered a mixed-race daughter, Essie Mae Washington-Williams, with his family's maid, Carrie Butler, a 16-year-old black girl.
Although Thurmond never publicly acknowledged Essie Mae, he paid for her education at a historically black college and passed other money to her for some time. His children by his marriage eventually acknowledged her.
What’s your Point?
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#755723 Sep 28, 2012
Gunner wrote:
More Truth from the Left
New York Times: We Need Death Panels
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/09/19/new-york-t...
Here are your Obama-phones, here are your Obama-food stamps.
Health Care? Not so fast.
"...unless we start allocating health care resources more prudently — rationing, by its proper name — the exploding cost of Medicare will swamp the federal budget."
on the positive side, Jean from Queens and the Moreno Valley Ghost will be among the first victims of the death panels....

wonder if the death panels will have racial quotas, given that white folks are healthier and have longer life expectancies???...
beggars for obama 2012

Blanchard, OK

#755724 Sep 28, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That would be habit, you hobbit...now get your hairy feet to a less public repose.
Oh boy!

Leo the christian! Is thstz a big 'c'?

Are u myz special gift angel?

Iz and all the menfolk in my sec 8 hkising mod needs our nutz worshed and minutes added to my iPhone5....

Priase God and pass the.foodstamps....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr New york 20,976
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr ThomasA 313,988
Black People are MEAN and DIRTY 7 hr Sarah 2nd Grade 3
Juvenile facility (Montrose School or others) i... (Aug '06) 10 hr margaret worden 409
News Oprah Winfrey says she weighs 200 pounds (Dec '08) 11 hr silly rabbit 1,085
News Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) 14 hr nature lover 113,773
Amazon BW12 Pending Start Date 17 hr PurpleBell 2

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages