Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1496982 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

mr owl II

Montgomery, AL

#752529 Sep 25, 2012
A Mega-Rich Morman, his crappy values on display making fun of Mega Rich Morman, and I won't show you my taxes cause the other guy is richer...

"Harry Reid told reporters today that Romney had “sullied” their shared Mormon faith"

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#752531 Sep 25, 2012
Edgar Harlan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mittens the spray tan mannequin, the brain dead right zombies put forth.Thanks for presenting us with such a brain dead candidate,and for that we thank you.Obama has the presidency on lock.Accept it,digest it,embrace it.
Obama 2012
Moving America Forward
Mitt can debate himself!
He has 2-4 stances on every issue.

The GOP - Where you can be FOR something while you are AGAINST it!

The Prez will open a serious can of 'whup ass' on the Mittens in the debates. His orange pseudo tan may slide off sweating.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#752532 Sep 25, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
All Republicans don’t constantly demean people with whom they disagree. The Republican Party was once proud as “the party of Lincoln.” It was indeed a “Grand Old Party.” There was an era when the GOP championed the cause of human rights while racial bigots attempted to hijack the Democrat Party —“Dixiecrats.”
In more recent history, the Democrat Party has become the champion of human rights while the GOP has been hijacked first by the fundamental Christian right-wing extremists and then by the so-called Tea Party, resulting in a movement that appeals predominantly to intolerant, sexist, racist, xenophobic people who have in common only frustration, hostility, low-information and apparent difficulty with reasonable, rational expression — Teanderthals. They rail against those with whom they disagree through personal insults, often vile with a preference for anal imagery, rather than reasonable discussion or use of intellect.
There are still reasonable Republicans, but the have tended to seek asylum in other political circles. A former Republican, I have personally evolved to disagree with conservative economic and especially social political policies. However, I now enjoy debating those policies as a more progressive person.
What was your deciding factor in no longer being a Republican?
I agree and am disgusted and alarmed at the frequent homoerotic fantasies displayed on here. That combined with rape and violence toward female opponents and calling them sluts. This the limbaugh crowd. Frankly, I always felt Peppy to be above that and am surprised.
Anonymous

Brookland, AR

#752533 Sep 25, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
The other side shares the same viewpoint about the LEFT.
None of this lame. puerile pissing in the wind proves anything.
Can we discuss the issues.
See the movie Obama 2016, that will tell you everything you need to vote for your canidate.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#752534 Sep 25, 2012
The Race to Assign Blame for Romney’s Loss Has Already Begun

....One way that each faction in the GOP will try to make sense of something that intuitively doesn’t make sense to its members will be to find a scapegoat that suits the interest of that faction. Ryanmaniacs will complain that Ryan has been misused and neglected, political consultants and Ryan skeptics will blame the Ryan selection, moderates will find fault with Romney’s position on immigration or social issues or whatever they find most distressing, and movement conservatives will hold a nebulous “establishment” responsible.

Frum has already staked out his argument that Romney was “saddled with” the Ryan plan, and holds that Romney made one of the worst possible VP choice possible, Ryan fans are starting to defend their hero and argue that he isn’t to blame for Romney’s shortcomings, and today Gerson returned to one of his favorite hobbyhorses to pretend that Romney’s political woes wouldn’t be so great if only he were more like George W. Bush on immigration. This is just a foretaste of what will follow a Romney loss. Making things more difficult for all involved is the fact that the Romney campaign has been startlingly substance-free even by the standards of a presidential campaign, which allows each faction to pin the campaign’s failure on whatever it wants. Because Romney has tried to be so many different things as a candidate, it will not be hard for each one to identify him with one of his positions and define his entire candidacy with it to the exclusion of everything else.

The truth is that most of the party’s factions contributed to the weaknesses of the Romney campaign in different ways, and many of the errors he has made have been the result of catering to each faction. If he weren’t so eager to please Republican hawks, Romney probably wouldn’t have made quite so many absurd and ill-advised attacks on foreign policy. Romney is willing to say whatever his audiences want to hear, so it reflects poorly on his supporters when he has to say ridiculous and untrue things to satisfy them, just as it reflects poorly on him that he says those things. Romney isn’t a very good politician in comparison to past Republican nominees, but anyone working with many of the arguments Romney’s party has been making over the last few years would be hard-pressed not to fail.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

I thought it started 2 weeks ago.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#752535 Sep 25, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>I'm for borders as open as Lily during Fleet Week, as long as they all go to Boca Raton, FL for their healthcare, housing and education.
Fleet Week: when everyone at Janes Shady Pines gets an enema. Do you feel better after being so backed up?
mr owl II

Montgomery, AL

#752536 Sep 25, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who eats 850 calories for lunch is an elephant. Why are retardicans so damn dumb?
Lot of dum people lily...namely you!

"There are 1350 calories in Big Mac Meal (large Sized)"

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutri...

McDonalds....
"...now feeds a record 27 million people every day"

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2007-02-0...
carol

Orlando, FL

#752537 Sep 25, 2012
Nobama wrote:
Howard Stern contributors Sal and Richard travel to Harlem to interview Obama supporters and ask them why they are voting for Obama.
Stern and his crew ask denizens of Harlem various outrageous questions, including if they believe Obama will find and kill Osama bin Laden; if Romney is a Muslim and if Obama is a Mormon; if Obama made the right choice by picking Paul Ryan as his running mate and if he did it because he is black.
One interviewee was under the impression that 2008 Republican nominee John McCain is also running this time.
"Just trust me, not one person knew that Osama bin Laden was dead," Stern said during the segment.
"Well, we're obviously dealing with a whole population that doesn't listen to the newscasts or read a newspaper," co-host Robin Quivers said.
Well, color me shocked!!

You mean to tell me the people in those "people on the street" interviews who say they're voting for Obama but can't recognize a picture of Biden are also clueless???

(Actually, I did hear about the Stern "controversy"...noti ce it's only a "controversy" because it puts people voting for Obama in a bad light...otherwise it'd be breaking news on the black out media if it had been conservatives voting for Romney...)
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#752538 Sep 25, 2012
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt can debate himself!
He has 2-4 stances on every issue.
The GOP - Where you can be FOR something while you are AGAINST it!
The Prez will open a serious can of 'whup ass' on the Mittens in the debates. His orange pseudo tan may slide off sweating.
Like Nixon!!
fred

Milford, CT

#752539 Sep 25, 2012
<quoted text>
Are you saying that if Romney were ever elected (highly doubtful), that he would drop anything and everything so that Netanyahu can dictate his terms for starting a war with Iran?
No President should act at the behest of a foreign country and that redline bullshyt is just that, bullshyt.
As President Obama said: if my opponent intends to start a war with Iran if he's elected, let him say it!!
President Obama is brilliant!
Romney is a dolt and continues to prove it more each day.
The commie Kenyan mau mau says its Ok with me if Iranian terrorists build a nuke ensuring an imminent nuclear war in which America will be hit

President Romney says no nukes for terrorists

The Kenyan mau mau projects weakness

duh
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#752540 Sep 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
A job you can work & make enough to support a family.
how much is that???....what if the person with a family simply lacks the skills to justify that kind of salary???...

and why do unskilled kids living with their parents need a "living wage"???...

a job is worth whatever it is worth....regardless of the needs of the worker.....
mr owl II

Montgomery, AL

#752541 Sep 25, 2012
First lady demonizes fast food?

maybe...

$110 billion a year industry....

http://www.vivavegie.org/101book/text/nolink/...

Not to mention the business it sends to the Doctors...
carol

Orlando, FL

#752542 Sep 25, 2012
<quoted text>
Are you saying that if Romney were ever elected (highly doubtful), that he would drop anything and everything so that Netanyahu can dictate his terms for starting a war with Iran?
No President should act at the behest of a foreign country and that redline bullshyt is just that, bullshyt.
As President Obama said: if my opponent intends to start a war with Iran if he's elected, let him say it!!
President Obama is brilliant!
Romney is a dolt and continues to prove it more each day.
Just reporting the news, Lily...but maybe you should go back and read the headlines on that Iran news source before you say something else you might regret.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#752543 Sep 25, 2012
mr owl II wrote:
What a Liberal...
Lawyer...
Elizabeth Warren...
"Warren fought for steel company to avoid paying benefits"
http://bostonherald.com/news/politics/view.bg...
So defense attorneys hired by criminals, think crime is OK.
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#752544 Sep 25, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, I tend to agree with you. Therefore if a teenager becomes pregnant, she should be able to have an abortion since there is no way she can afford to raise that child.
yes, particularly if black....and she should receive education on how not to be a slut, sleeping around having casual sex....
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#752545 Sep 25, 2012
<quoted text>
Even with two people working minimum wages jobs is not enough to pay rent, car and daycare, health and car insurance, etc. I honestly don't know how they can. They have to each work 2 jobs; and then who takes care of their children? They are left to fend for themselves. It's sad.
if you make that bed, then sleep in it...always a choice not to start a family you can't afford...
Gunner

Middletown, CT

#752546 Sep 25, 2012
"The Future Must Not Belong to Those Who Slander the Prophet of Islam" - B. Hussein Obama
Gunner

Middletown, CT

#752547 Sep 25, 2012
<quoted text>
Anyone who eats 850 calories for lunch is an elephant. Why are retardicans so damn dumb?
LOL
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#752548 Sep 25, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like folks voting for hope and change.
Did you see Howard Stern's man on the street segment interviewing Obama supporters? They asked Obama supporters if Obama made the right choice selecting Paul Ryan as his running mate. Of course, these fools all said that Obama made a great choice and Paul Ryan was just a wondeful addition to the democrat ticket. LOL.
Howard Stern is on TV? Those street interviews are always mortifying, like Jay Lenos Jaywalker segments. It's appalling how dumb Americans can be. I used to listen to him years ago on radio, and then he got so raunchy with the lesbian sex stuff it was ridiculous. Does he still have that character, was it Mike the Retard?
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#752549 Sep 25, 2012
<quoted text>
Even with two people working minimum wages jobs is not enough to pay rent, car and daycare, health and car insurance, etc. I honestly don't know how they can. They have to each work 2 jobs; and then who takes care of their children? They are left to fend for themselves. It's sad.
start by living without a car...find a relative to care for the children...work different shifts and alternate child care....stop making excuses and blaming others like hussein obama...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr mexico 20,851
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr ThomasA 313,381
Good Shepherd Services to close Baltimore Count... 6 hr Sarah 2nd Grade 3
News Merger announced between Kopernik Bank and St. ... 7 hr Jeremy 5
Review: Independent Chem-dry Mon Natalie1991 1
Wish our BALT N(EYE)GGERS had some FLINT MI WATER! Mon Philbert 2
News In immigrant crackdown, a 'fine-tuned' police s... Feb 19 Rose Tokoyo1 1

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages