Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hunting -

Full story: Baltimore Sun

Anticipating autumn's bounty of cooler weather, glorious sunshine and majestic foliage also brings sadness to my heart, knowing the suffering about to be inflicted by Maryland's bow hunters on our deer starting ...

Comments (Page 6,147)

Showing posts 122,921 - 122,940 of123,275
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173722
Jan 3, 2013
 
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It says the Water Bearer, the Aquarian is "the thinker".
You say that is opposite of you.
Interesting.
<wink>
It is not >I< that says that Aquarius is opposite. It is the Annabel website that says it. Another interesting thing about Annabel, she lists Aquarius under "air."
I wonder, would that be hot air, or cold?
<wink>

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173723
Jan 3, 2013
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not >I< that says that Aquarius is opposite. It is the Annabel website that says it. Another interesting thing about Annabel, she lists Aquarius under "air."
I wonder, would that be hot air, or cold?
<wink>
No.
"Air" sign means that Aquarians can fly, in both cold and hot air.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173724
Jan 4, 2013
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not >I< that says that Aquarius is opposite. It is the Annabel website that says it. Another interesting thing about Annabel, she lists Aquarius under "air."
I wonder, would that be hot air, or cold?
<wink>
What does it say about the Archer? Being Sagittarius I'm curious.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173725
Jan 4, 2013
 
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
"Air" sign means that Aquarians can fly, in both cold and hot air.
Leo sign is "Fire." What does that mean?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173726
Jan 4, 2013
 
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>What does it say about the Archer? Being Sagittarius I'm curious.
Interesting:
"Sagittarius is optimistic, outgoing and the most adaptable of the fire signs. They interact spontaneously with life as they continue a lifelong quest for meaning."

I can see this:
"This sign needs a great deal of freedom, but is equally willing to offer freedom to others."

Then there's this:
"Having an open minded and intellectual curiosity means that Sagittarius is willing to learn about other people in an effort to understand them, while being trusting and open."

Ummm, YEP:
"Sagittarians say what they mean with complete and devastating frankness!"

Uh Oh....You might be better off not buying that bow.... and getting rid of your guns:
"Bored Sagittarians are a danger to themselves and others."

It says you know Walt Disney. Could they be confusing that with knowing "Disneyfied" people?

Ummm it also says you may suffer from....get this........ BALDNESS!
Somehow I find THAT hard to believe!!
LMAO

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173727
Jan 4, 2013
 

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173728
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting:
"Sagittarius is optimistic, outgoing and the most adaptable of the fire signs. They interact spontaneously with life as they continue a lifelong quest for meaning."
I can see this:
"This sign needs a great deal of freedom, but is equally willing to offer freedom to others."
Then there's this:
"Having an open minded and intellectual curiosity means that Sagittarius is willing to learn about other people in an effort to understand them, while being trusting and open."
Ummm, YEP:
"Sagittarians say what they mean with complete and devastating frankness!"
Uh Oh....You might be better off not buying that bow.... and getting rid of your guns:
"Bored Sagittarians are a danger to themselves and others."
It says you know Walt Disney. Could they be confusing that with knowing "Disneyfied" people?
Ummm it also says you may suffer from....get this........ BALDNESS!
Somehow I find THAT hard to believe!!
LMAO
Interesting. I don't see any bald patches. I have been a big fan of Walt Disney all of my life though. Unlike our AR friends I've never had any trouble separating fantasy from reality. I usually don't have time to be bored. Not a bad description I guess. I was hoping for tall, handsome, intelligent, that kinda' thing....LMAO.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173729
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Typical ignorant bullshit from an AR lunatard! You make up idiotic derogatory comments to support your bigoted anti-human agenda. Hunting is as natural as breathing and humans have been doing it since the dawn of human history. Your overly emotional, unrealistic philosophy didn't even exist until modern times because if it had existed before then.........there wouldn't be any modern times. Humans are an omnivorous hunter/gatherer species. Always have been and always will be. Just the facts, ma'am.
You are a cowardly little man that has to kill a defenseless animal in order to feel macho. Pathetic.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173730
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

EcoAngel wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a cowardly little man that has to kill a defenseless animal in order to feel macho. Pathetic.
You are an idiot who has an extremely distorted view of the world which is completely at odds with reality. What I feel when I kill animals (none of which are defenseless) is well fed. If I want to feel macho (whatever the hell that may be, the word has been misused to the point of meaning nothing) I'll get in the ring and beat the crap out of somebody. You're misinformed, uneducated in the real world, obviously a follower rather than a leader, an insult to the natural order of life and the human species, dumber than a box of rocks, and you have the audacity to call someone else pathetic? There is nothing more pathetic than a creature like you going through life trying to deny what you are.......an omnivorous predator. Just because you don't have the intestinal fortitude to be what you are don't expect the rest of the human race to start grazing like sheep to make you feel better. Grow a freakin' spine and be all that you can be.....be a NORMAL human! Now crawl back under your slimy rock and contemplate your next ridiculously uninformed and bigoted comment.
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173731
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

EcoAngel wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a cowardly little man that has to kill a defenseless animal in order to feel macho. Pathetic.
Then you need to arm these defenseless animals or they need to hide better or run faster. Got any good hunting spots in your area we can hunt dude?

“I Love California”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173732
Jan 5, 2013
 
peteoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see where people are proud of their accomplishments.
There is no denying that. That is why you see pictures and mounts.
Ever see a picture of a cake someone made?
How about a fingerpainting on the side of a fridge?
Someone breaking the tape at a finish line?
A small rock retrieved from the top of a mountain?
After all...if you aren't proud of what you're doing...then why do it?
Much less take pictures of it.
I disagree with pope and young assertions that IT is about honoring the animal.
If so....there would be no mention of the hunter. So it's not glorifying death....it's
'Glorifying' an accomplishment.'
When a 14 year old girl sees a photo of a hunter(usually grinning) holding up or posing with a bloodied dead animal, it's much different for her than her seeing photos of a winning cheerleading squad or a high school graduation photo. That's why her perpective is more pure, she wouldn't question the other photos I mention here. To an adult like me, I ponder why the person in the photo made sure the photo was taken, made sure the equipment for the photo op was ready. There was obviously much more in the person's intent than just hunting for food to put on the table. I have come a long way in accepting that some hunters do hunt just for food to sustain him or her and genuinely takes all possible effort to be humane. When I see the photos and see my daughter's reaction, it sets me back. The way I have heard some hunters talk...sets me back. The one photo that really set me back, the one of a mountain lion, that hunter wasn't hunting for food of course. I even recall one hunter way back saying he felt great accomplishment in hunting and killing another top predator. Big setback there.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173733
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

IMGKNEE wrote:
<quoted text>
When a 14 year old girl sees a photo of a hunter(usually grinning) holding up or posing with a bloodied dead animal, it's much different for her than her seeing photos of a winning cheerleading squad or a high school graduation photo. That's why her perpective is more pure, she wouldn't question the other photos I mention here. To an adult like me, I ponder why the person in the photo made sure the photo was taken, made sure the equipment for the photo op was ready. There was obviously much more in the person's intent than just hunting for food to put on the table. I have come a long way in accepting that some hunters do hunt just for food to sustain him or her and genuinely takes all possible effort to be humane. When I see the photos and see my daughter's reaction, it sets me back. The way I have heard some hunters talk...sets me back. The one photo that really set me back, the one of a mountain lion, that hunter wasn't hunting for food of course. I even recall one hunter way back saying he felt great accomplishment in hunting and killing another top predator. Big setback there.
Hi Gknee. How have you and Kat been? Hope your holidays were filled with friends and family.

We've talked about this before. Hunters are individuals. There are millions of hunters out there and each one has their own reasons and motivations to hunt. There is a sense of accomplishment in a successful hunt just as there is in any job well done. Some people take pictures of the work they've done. I still have pictures of the Chevy 350 ci engine that I rebuilt sitting on the floor of my old garage before it went into the car I eventually destroyed. LOL! You can't assume that all of any given group are represented by the actions of an individual. The only one who truly knows why an individual does something is that individual.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173734
Jan 6, 2013
 
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You are an idiot who has an extremely distorted view of the world which is completely at odds with reality. What I feel when I kill animals (none of which are defenseless) is well fed. If I want to feel macho (whatever the hell that may be, the word has been misused to the point of meaning nothing) I'll get in the ring and beat the crap out of somebody. You're misinformed, uneducated in the real world, obviously a follower rather than a leader, an insult to the natural order of life and the human species, dumber than a box of rocks, and you have the audacity to call someone else pathetic? There is nothing more pathetic than a creature like you going through life trying to deny what you are.......an omnivorous predator. Just because you don't have the intestinal fortitude to be what you are don't expect the rest of the human race to start grazing like sheep to make you feel better. Grow a freakin' spine and be all that you can be.....be a NORMAL human! Now crawl back under your slimy rock and contemplate your next ridiculously uninformed and bigoted comment.
Crawl back into your cave and put your bearskin back on you neanderthal. If you had half a brain you would be even more dangerous than you already are.

“Hey”

Since: Nov 07

laurel md

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173735
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

IMGKNEE wrote:
<quoted text>
When a 14 year old girl sees a photo of a hunter(usually grinning) holding up or posing with a bloodied dead animal, it's much different for her than her seeing photos of a winning cheerleading squad or a high school graduation photo. That's why her perpective is more pure, she wouldn't question the other photos I mention here. To an adult like me, I ponder why the person in the photo made sure the photo was taken, made sure the equipment for the photo op was ready. There was obviously much more in the person's intent than just hunting for food to put on the table. I have come a long way in accepting that some hunters do hunt just for food to sustain him or her and genuinely takes all possible effort to be humane. When I see the photos and see my daughter's reaction, it sets me back. The way I have heard some hunters talk...sets me back. The one photo that really set me back, the one of a mountain lion, that hunter wasn't hunting for food of course. I even recall one hunter way back saying he felt great accomplishment in hunting and killing another top predator. Big setback there.
Hey Jeanne,

I'm all for the whole purity thing.
I'm also all for the whole judge me for what I do thing, not for what I'm thinking.
I'm also into the protect our freedoms as opposed to having the majority deciding what a minority can do.
I'm also into the protect our freedoms so that a minority doesn't decide what we're able to do.

“Hey”

Since: Nov 07

laurel md

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173736
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

When a 14 year old boy or girl has no idea of where their meat comes from, and how the animal that provided it lived, I would say that is more of a sheltered issue than one of purity. There are plenty of kids in that arena. I suspect/believe your daughter is not, and is fairly well versed. Once they get the education, they THEN get to decide what's right and wrong for themselves.

When "'my thoughts' are purer than your's, so your actions must match mine", I have a problem.

I'm all about having laws that we all live under and when we don't like them we change them.

Regulated, legalized hunting is how we decide who gets to hunt what where and when.

Show me another way, short of shutting down hunting for all, and I'll all ears. Maybe your daughter has some thoughts?

“Hey”

Since: Nov 07

laurel md

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173737
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

EcoAngel wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl....
++++++++++
EcoAngel wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone that say they need to "kill" to "feel life"
has a serious mental problem.

peteoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently someone thinks my definition was mean...
"I think of arrogance as my way is the best way and only way."
What do you think ecoangel?

You brought up arrogance.
I wanted to talk to you about that.
Are you not interested in having that discussion?
++++++++++

It would appear that the answer is no...

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173738
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

EcoAngel wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back into your cave and put your bearskin back on you neanderthal. If you had half a brain you would be even more dangerous than you already are.
Well gee, here we go with the ARs are more "highly evolved" than the rest of us normal humans. You fools think that you are somehow the "elite" and you have all the answers. Too bad you're really just a demented member of a miniscule minority existing on the lunatic fringe. Careful you don't fall off of that pedestal you've placed yourself on and hurt yourself. ROTFLMAO!!!

“I Love California”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173739
Jan 7, 2013
 
peteoo wrote:
When a 14 year old boy or girl has no idea of where their meat comes from, and how the animal that provided it lived, I would say that is more of a sheltered issue than one of purity. There are plenty of kids in that arena. I suspect/believe your daughter is not, and is fairly well versed. Once they get the education, they THEN get to decide what's right and wrong for themselves.
When "'my thoughts' are purer than your's, so your actions must match mine", I have a problem.
I'm all about having laws that we all live under and when we don't like them we change them.
Regulated, legalized hunting is how we decide who gets to hunt what where and when.
Show me another way, short of shutting down hunting for all, and I'll all ears. Maybe your daughter has some thoughts?
No thoughts about shutting down hunting. Seeing her reaction...I could tell it was hard for her to see a beautiful animal, dead and a hunter with a big smile posing next to the animal. She doesn't get it. I guess I never will either.

There are always assumptions here, I suppose it's easier than trying to figure out what the opposing side is all about. Me...I never stop trying.

When I say "pure" don't misunderstand me as I really meant just through the eyes of a child. Well...a teenager anyway. She is very well versed on the ways of nature, where all of her food comes from. I appreciate her kindness, she has a heart for people and animals. Maybe I will ask her what bothered her about those photos.

Happy 2013 to you.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173740
Jan 7, 2013
 
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. I don't see any bald patches. I have been a big fan of Walt Disney all of my life though. Unlike our AR friends I've never had any trouble separating fantasy from reality. I usually don't have time to be bored. Not a bad description I guess. I was hoping for tall, handsome, intelligent, that kinda' thing....LMAO.
This guy is getting a dose of reality:
"Hey Bear." He acts like the bear wants to be his friend.......at first. The video cuts off quick enough when reality sets in and the bear starts getting rough with his little glass cubicle.
http://www.theweek.co.uk/environment/50861/cl...

"I was hoping for tall, handsome, intelligent, that kinda' thing"
I'm sure you are all that....and more, Squach :)

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173741
Jan 7, 2013
 
EcoAngel wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a cowardly little man that has to kill a defenseless animal in order to feel macho. Pathetic.
Maybe Squach is a tall, handsome, intelligent man that has to kill a "defenseless" animal so he can eat.

Who kills your animals for you before they reach your mouth in the form of meat?
You do eat meat, don't you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 122,921 - 122,940 of123,275
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RealDave 1,033,336
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr just sayin 17,725
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 hr not a playa1965 303,199
Ugly Mug Cafe opens on East Baltimore Street Wed guest 11
In need of loan shark (Aug '12) Wed Michael 6
Debate: Marijuana - Baltimore, MD (Aug '10) Apr 14 Sneek Blee 51
legit Research Chemicals Vendor (Sep '13) Apr 13 Davey 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••