Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hunting -

Full story: Baltimore Sun

Anticipating autumn's bounty of cooler weather, glorious sunshine and majestic foliage also brings sadness to my heart, knowing the suffering about to be inflicted by Maryland's bow hunters on our deer starting ...
Comments
120,801 - 120,820 of 121,141 Comments Last updated 17 hrs ago

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Mamasita wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't turn back the clock. Duh. But clue, if I buy a home on a cliff, overlooking the ocean, and my home slides into the ocean, certainly I bore some responsibility, right? If you choose to live in the woods, then whine about how horrible your wild neighbors are - then you are a pathetic loser.
Accept personal responsibility in your own choices. Instead, you hunters kill anything that gets in your way.
I LOVE my wild neighbors. The Ruffed Grouse has been giving me a heck of a time trying to capture him on digital media. I've just been having way too much fun in that endeavor. The real challenge will be trying to find him drumming in the spring when there's no snow on the ground! Given a choice, I'll take the woods over the ocean any day. I can't walk on water. But I do like the pelicans and the shorebirds too.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Mamasita wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever consider that these kids that you disparage are kept in the dark by the mega companies that infiltrate their lives, relentlessly. Sadly, money is often the greatest influence of laws and regulations. So mega companies, lobbyists, protect their special interests and many youth are, as what you refer to, as "sheltered". No, they simply lack adequate representation! Kids have more to deal with today then you or I ever had to deal with.
"Kids have more to deal with today then you or I ever had to deal with."
Doesn't every generation say that? Is it really true? How do you know?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Mamasita wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigot. Vegans, vegetarians, animal rights activists, anti- hunting folks, etc, represent a great portion of society.
Ever consider that some people will never understand how you could take the life of an animal? To many, that is sick.
Best thing anyone can do to help animals is stop eating them.
"Best thing anyone can do to help animals is stop eating them."

How will that help them? Does that mean they will never die?
The best thing anyone can do to help animals is conserve their habitat.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Mamasita wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not, more likely.
You need to get out more. You assume everyone eats flesh. Sad. What would you serve for dinner if you were having some vegetarian as dinner guests, bigot? Lemme guess: lettuce! So intelligent...
Mac and cheese or spaghetti is always a good option. Maybe I would simply ask them what they want for dinner.

What would you serve if you were having a normal dinner guest?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Mamasita wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. How stupid. My home has been here for many decades. But using your logic, are you responsible to the descendants of the slaves your ancestors once "owned".
If I surf or dive in the ocean, get attacked by a shark, its not the sharks fault. If you live out in Timbuktu and a bear breaks in to your digs, it's not the bears fault. But you killing ears, beavers,coyotes, etc., you make it their fault.
You live in their home !
If you surf or dive in the ocean, and get attacked by a shark, would you kill it to save your life....IF you had the means to do so?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Tease!!!! What? No Hershey's chocolate syrup?
Can't do it. I'm on a diet!:)

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't do it. I'm on a diet!:)
ROTFLMAO!! Sounds like my kinda' diet!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>The point is that where EVERYONE lives was once the home of someone or something else. Using your "logic" we should spend the next two or three centuries sorting it all out and giving it all back to the "original" owners. Just a little example for ya; what happened to the plethora of critters who lived in the area beside the stream before the beavers dammed up the stream and flooded that area? What became of their homes? It happens all day long, every day whether man is involved or not. Once again you attempt to separate humans from the natural order. It's just one of the many basic flaws in your philosophy.
Man may be a "natural" creature, but we do things that are unnatural. And we do those things on a very large scale. I'll take a beaver dam any day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Martis_Cree...

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I'm glad this report is FINALLY being put out there. Maybe now the government(s) will take real action and not just neuter and release to kill more wildlife.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/01/29...

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMAO!! Sounds like my kinda' diet!
No doubt you would enjoy it immensely, Squach. It's homemade with no preservatives and comes from the farm down the street. Even better... it comes in HALF GALLONS...... you know, the size they sold in grocery stores before Obama caused inflation to go through the ozone layer and every company on earth reduced the portions in their packages?!

“Hey”

Since: Nov 07

laurel md

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

peteoo wrote:
When a 14 year old boy or girl has no idea of where their meat comes from, and how the animal that provided it lived, I would say that is more of a sheltered issue than one of purity. There are plenty of kids in that arena. I suspect/believe your daughter is not, and is fairly well versed. Once they get the education, they THEN get to decide what's right and wrong for themselves.
When "'my thoughts' are purer than your's, so your actions must match mine", I have a problem.
I'm all about having laws that we all live under and when we don't like them we change them.
Regulated, legalized hunting is how we decide who gets to hunt what where and when.
Show me another way, short of shutting down hunting for all, and I'll all ears. Maybe your daughter has some thoughts?
Mamasita wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever consider that these kids that you disparage are kept in the dark by the mega companies that infiltrate their lives, relentlessly. Sadly, money is often the greatest influence of laws and regulations. So mega companies, lobbyists, protect their special interests and many youth are, as what you refer to, as "sheltered". No, they simply lack adequate representation! Kids have more to deal with today then you or I ever had to deal with.
I think we both agree that a parent's job is to educate their child. And no...I wasn't disparaging any children. Just another one of your weak attacks.

I completely understand the desire a parent has in protecting the innocence (purity is a great synonym) of children, and letting them be children for as long as they can.

I'm sure you haven't been filling your kids' minds with ever present thoughts of the boogie man since they were infants.

I said 'once they get the education' and think it's wholly appropriate for parents to make the decision as to when that happens, and who gives it to them.

I suspect you wouldn't want me teaching your kids reality, and you'd much rather have them digest your doctored version.

“Hey”

Since: Nov 07

laurel md

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Mamasita wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigot. Vegans, vegetarians, animal rights activists, anti- hunting folks, etc, represent a great portion of society.
Ever consider that some people will never understand how you could take the life of an animal? To many, that is sick.
All anti-hunters (to include the obvious vegans and animal rights activists, as well as meat eating anti-hunters) make up about 25% of the population.

That's been pointed out in both local and national polls.

So yeah, if you say 25% is a great portion of society...you're correct.

Anti-hunting meat eaters make up the largest segment (like 80%) of that 25%. I believe those are the ones you are targeting instead of increasing the number of hypocrites.

Alternatively, those anti-hunting meat eaters could look at life from a completely different perspective and come to realize that they can have a significant positive effect on animals overall. They could start hunting and eating that meat instead of factory farmed animals.

Granted you don't achieve the fully enlightened double diamond status of a vegan but it's a step in, arguably, the right direction.

Listen carefully to the crickets as the vegan community responds to that statement.
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Mamasita wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bigot, a little FYI about the "trailer park" residents you are attempting to disparage. Out here in sunny, wonderful weather, San Diego, most trailer parks are designated for senior citizens. That is very common for those homes in nearby vicinity of the beach. It would still set you back, Bigot, a cool $300k. I might have bought one, but I'm not a senior.
ADV Rider Salute -
Mamasita
Another deflection attempt by Smokey again, there’s nothing new here. You still displaced animals and birds as a vegan.

You call me a Bigot? Do you even know the definition? Does the definition apply to you an ARA vegan towards hunters? That would make you a hypocrite!
Definition of BIGOT
: A person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

ADV Rider Salute: the number of brain cells you have left? Another Dead Vegan, What?

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Mamasita wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are the bigot and you prove it with every post. Vegans and vegetarians are a miniscule minority in the world population and the majority of them who post here seem to be raging bigots toward the vast majority of humanity who are meat eaters. I just call 'em as I see 'em.

“I Love California”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
I'm glad this report is FINALLY being put out there. Maybe now the government(s) will take real action and not just neuter and release to kill more wildlife.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/01/29...
So will you be pleased if every cat that is unfortunate enough to be dumped, abandoned, homeless, cold, sickly and hungry is killed? I assume that is what you are referring to when you say, "real action."

This reminds me to give a donation to one of my favorite animal protection groups.

http://www.alleycat.org/page.aspx...

Do you ever consider that you would be more effective in educating people about pet responsibility, then having just a kill em off attitude (like you seem to have about cats.) You and I agree on our admiration of the top predators and how they are given a unfair, bad rap many times. Why can't you extend your understanding to an animal that shares some of those amazing predatory instincts?(Even as man was domesticating them for their own selfish reasons.)

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

IMGKNEE wrote:
<quoted text>
So will you be pleased if every cat that is unfortunate enough to be dumped, abandoned, homeless, cold, sickly and hungry is killed? I assume that is what you are referring to when you say, "real action."
This reminds me to give a donation to one of my favorite animal protection groups.
http://www.alleycat.org/page.aspx...
Do you ever consider that you would be more effective in educating people about pet responsibility, then having just a kill em off attitude (like you seem to have about cats.) You and I agree on our admiration of the top predators and how they are given a unfair, bad rap many times. Why can't you extend your understanding to an animal that shares some of those amazing predatory instincts?(Even as man was domesticating them for their own selfish reasons.)
"will you be pleased if every cat that is unfortunate enough to be dumped, abandoned, homeless, cold, sickly and hungry is killed?"
To answer your question, IMGKNEE, No, I will not be pleased or happy about it. My heart goees out to all domesticated animals that don't have a loving home and someone's lap to curl up on at night.

"Real action" could mean whatever you want it to mean. In my fantasy world, all the cats would have good stable, indoor homes and people who feed, care for and love them. In the real world, that won't happen.

Unfortunately, in the real world, those millions of unwanted cats are making millions more unwanted cats, and they multiply unchecked in most areas. They, in turn, are killing billions of songbirds and small animals every year.

Up at the cabin, I've been photographing birds coming to my feeders...AND the birds that don't come to feeders. Every weekend when we go up there, I find cat tracks in the snow in my yard because the neighbor lets her feline run free.

This winter I've been photographing the redpolls, and I've had my sights set on a Ruffed Grouse that's been hanging around the cabin. The grouse is much more challenging and it's such a thrill to have! These (mostly) ground birds are not easy to find and photograph, and are absent, or just very elusive, in many areas.

To think that my neighbors cat (an alien species) could come onto my property and kill a (native) bird that I want there, and I can't do anything about it, just infuriates me. I can't legally kill the birds in my yard, or the grouse without a license,(not that I'd want to), but if my dog went on their property and chased a deer, they could legally kill him, even if it only happened once! Yet, some say deer are over-populated.

Why do cats get special treatment and a license to have open season on any animal they choose? Even endangered species? I place more importance on native species just trying to survive (many of which are severely declining in numbers) than on an over-abundant alien species, that in many cases is well fed, and just killing for fun. Like in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

If my neighbors cat is running free all the time, how many litters is it making?

"Do you ever consider that you would be more effective in educating people about pet responsibility, then having just a kill em off attitude (like you seem to have about cats.)"

I've tried that, and gave up. Most people do not wish to be told, or have it suggested to them, what they SHOULD do with their pets, for whatever reasons there are for making those suggestions. All the cat owners I've talked to that let their cats roam free do so under the pretext of "keeping mice down" or because it's "not fair" to keep a cat indoors. Cat people do not change their minds on this issue and they think that predation is just "natural."

Predation IS natural.
Cats killing birds and animals IS natural.
What is NOT natural is cats on this continent.

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Congrats to you Ravens fans.
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Medicinebow wrote:
Thanks! I'm not sure how they did it, the whole season was a roller-coaster ride but they managed to be the last team standing. I think that will be all you get from the Ravens for a while now, too many players in the twilight of their careers. The Niners, on the other hand, will be one of the premier teams for the next few seasons. Their future looks bright.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Medicinebow wrote:
I'm a grouse fan!

This is the best shot I could get of him.... so far. Next photo shoot should be better now that I'm learning more about his habits.
http://www.naturecardsforyou.com/Documents/ru...

Can't wait until he starts drumming...and then I have little grouselets running around!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min RoxLo 1,081,700
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 28 min bannedagain3 18,569
Review: Dundalk Animal Hospital - Dennis G Fost... (Jan '09) 2 hr MAF 25
Baltimore Stands with Israel 12 hr Cordwainer Trout 21
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 hr martinferrys 305,127
Review: Allstitch LLC (Oct '08) 23 hr Embroidery supplies 6
find a great job Sat $$$$ 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000