Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hunting -

Full story: Baltimore Sun

Anticipating autumn's bounty of cooler weather, glorious sunshine and majestic foliage also brings sadness to my heart, knowing the suffering about to be inflicted by Maryland's bow hunters on our deer starting ...

Comments (Page 6,039)

Showing posts 120,761 - 120,780 of121,133
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

IMGKNEE wrote:
<quoted text>
When a 14 year old girl sees a photo of a hunter(usually grinning) holding up or posing with a bloodied dead animal, it's much different for her than her seeing photos of a winning cheerleading squad or a high school graduation photo. That's why her perpective is more pure, she wouldn't question the other photos I mention here. To an adult like me, I ponder why the person in the photo made sure the photo was taken, made sure the equipment for the photo op was ready. There was obviously much more in the person's intent than just hunting for food to put on the table. I have come a long way in accepting that some hunters do hunt just for food to sustain him or her and genuinely takes all possible effort to be humane. When I see the photos and see my daughter's reaction, it sets me back. The way I have heard some hunters talk...sets me back. The one photo that really set me back, the one of a mountain lion, that hunter wasn't hunting for food of course. I even recall one hunter way back saying he felt great accomplishment in hunting and killing another top predator. Big setback there.
Hi Gknee. How have you and Kat been? Hope your holidays were filled with friends and family.

We've talked about this before. Hunters are individuals. There are millions of hunters out there and each one has their own reasons and motivations to hunt. There is a sense of accomplishment in a successful hunt just as there is in any job well done. Some people take pictures of the work they've done. I still have pictures of the Chevy 350 ci engine that I rebuilt sitting on the floor of my old garage before it went into the car I eventually destroyed. LOL! You can't assume that all of any given group are represented by the actions of an individual. The only one who truly knows why an individual does something is that individual.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You are an idiot who has an extremely distorted view of the world which is completely at odds with reality. What I feel when I kill animals (none of which are defenseless) is well fed. If I want to feel macho (whatever the hell that may be, the word has been misused to the point of meaning nothing) I'll get in the ring and beat the crap out of somebody. You're misinformed, uneducated in the real world, obviously a follower rather than a leader, an insult to the natural order of life and the human species, dumber than a box of rocks, and you have the audacity to call someone else pathetic? There is nothing more pathetic than a creature like you going through life trying to deny what you are.......an omnivorous predator. Just because you don't have the intestinal fortitude to be what you are don't expect the rest of the human race to start grazing like sheep to make you feel better. Grow a freakin' spine and be all that you can be.....be a NORMAL human! Now crawl back under your slimy rock and contemplate your next ridiculously uninformed and bigoted comment.
Crawl back into your cave and put your bearskin back on you neanderthal. If you had half a brain you would be even more dangerous than you already are.

“Hey”

Since: Nov 07

laurel md

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

IMGKNEE wrote:
<quoted text>
When a 14 year old girl sees a photo of a hunter(usually grinning) holding up or posing with a bloodied dead animal, it's much different for her than her seeing photos of a winning cheerleading squad or a high school graduation photo. That's why her perpective is more pure, she wouldn't question the other photos I mention here. To an adult like me, I ponder why the person in the photo made sure the photo was taken, made sure the equipment for the photo op was ready. There was obviously much more in the person's intent than just hunting for food to put on the table. I have come a long way in accepting that some hunters do hunt just for food to sustain him or her and genuinely takes all possible effort to be humane. When I see the photos and see my daughter's reaction, it sets me back. The way I have heard some hunters talk...sets me back. The one photo that really set me back, the one of a mountain lion, that hunter wasn't hunting for food of course. I even recall one hunter way back saying he felt great accomplishment in hunting and killing another top predator. Big setback there.
Hey Jeanne,

I'm all for the whole purity thing.
I'm also all for the whole judge me for what I do thing, not for what I'm thinking.
I'm also into the protect our freedoms as opposed to having the majority deciding what a minority can do.
I'm also into the protect our freedoms so that a minority doesn't decide what we're able to do.

“Hey”

laurel md

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

When a 14 year old boy or girl has no idea of where their meat comes from, and how the animal that provided it lived, I would say that is more of a sheltered issue than one of purity. There are plenty of kids in that arena. I suspect/believe your daughter is not, and is fairly well versed. Once they get the education, they THEN get to decide what's right and wrong for themselves.

When "'my thoughts' are purer than your's, so your actions must match mine", I have a problem.

I'm all about having laws that we all live under and when we don't like them we change them.

Regulated, legalized hunting is how we decide who gets to hunt what where and when.

Show me another way, short of shutting down hunting for all, and I'll all ears. Maybe your daughter has some thoughts?

“Hey”

laurel md

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

EcoAngel wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl....
++++++++++
EcoAngel wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone that say they need to "kill" to "feel life"
has a serious mental problem.

peteoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently someone thinks my definition was mean...
"I think of arrogance as my way is the best way and only way."
What do you think ecoangel?

You brought up arrogance.
I wanted to talk to you about that.
Are you not interested in having that discussion?
++++++++++

It would appear that the answer is no...

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

EcoAngel wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back into your cave and put your bearskin back on you neanderthal. If you had half a brain you would be even more dangerous than you already are.
Well gee, here we go with the ARs are more "highly evolved" than the rest of us normal humans. You fools think that you are somehow the "elite" and you have all the answers. Too bad you're really just a demented member of a miniscule minority existing on the lunatic fringe. Careful you don't fall off of that pedestal you've placed yourself on and hurt yourself. ROTFLMAO!!!

“I Love California”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

peteoo wrote:
When a 14 year old boy or girl has no idea of where their meat comes from, and how the animal that provided it lived, I would say that is more of a sheltered issue than one of purity. There are plenty of kids in that arena. I suspect/believe your daughter is not, and is fairly well versed. Once they get the education, they THEN get to decide what's right and wrong for themselves.
When "'my thoughts' are purer than your's, so your actions must match mine", I have a problem.
I'm all about having laws that we all live under and when we don't like them we change them.
Regulated, legalized hunting is how we decide who gets to hunt what where and when.
Show me another way, short of shutting down hunting for all, and I'll all ears. Maybe your daughter has some thoughts?
No thoughts about shutting down hunting. Seeing her reaction...I could tell it was hard for her to see a beautiful animal, dead and a hunter with a big smile posing next to the animal. She doesn't get it. I guess I never will either.

There are always assumptions here, I suppose it's easier than trying to figure out what the opposing side is all about. Me...I never stop trying.

When I say "pure" don't misunderstand me as I really meant just through the eyes of a child. Well...a teenager anyway. She is very well versed on the ways of nature, where all of her food comes from. I appreciate her kindness, she has a heart for people and animals. Maybe I will ask her what bothered her about those photos.

Happy 2013 to you.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. I don't see any bald patches. I have been a big fan of Walt Disney all of my life though. Unlike our AR friends I've never had any trouble separating fantasy from reality. I usually don't have time to be bored. Not a bad description I guess. I was hoping for tall, handsome, intelligent, that kinda' thing....LMAO.
This guy is getting a dose of reality:
"Hey Bear." He acts like the bear wants to be his friend.......at first. The video cuts off quick enough when reality sets in and the bear starts getting rough with his little glass cubicle.
http://www.theweek.co.uk/environment/50861/cl...

"I was hoping for tall, handsome, intelligent, that kinda' thing"
I'm sure you are all that....and more, Squach :)

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

EcoAngel wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a cowardly little man that has to kill a defenseless animal in order to feel macho. Pathetic.
Maybe Squach is a tall, handsome, intelligent man that has to kill a "defenseless" animal so he can eat.

Who kills your animals for you before they reach your mouth in the form of meat?
You do eat meat, don't you?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

IMGKNEE wrote:
<quoted text>
The killing of top predators bothers the heck out of me. I see no need for it because the meat is mostly never eaten. However, I have no problem with a hunter posing with his kill. Not taking photos doesn't change the fact that it happened.

I have taken photos of the food on my dinner plate......some of which used to be alive. Being in a different form doesn't change what it once was. But I do recall a time.... when I was your daughters age (and older)..... when I would have thought the poser in the photo was worthless scum!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

IMGKNEE wrote:
<quoted text>
No thoughts about shutting down hunting. Seeing her reaction...I could tell it was hard for her to see a beautiful animal, dead and a hunter with a big smile posing next to the animal. She doesn't get it. I guess I never will either.
There are always assumptions here, I suppose it's easier than trying to figure out what the opposing side is all about. Me...I never stop trying.
When I say "pure" don't misunderstand me as I really meant just through the eyes of a child. Well...a teenager anyway. She is very well versed on the ways of nature, where all of her food comes from. I appreciate her kindness, she has a heart for people and animals. Maybe I will ask her what bothered her about those photos.
Happy 2013 to you.
Please do. I would be interested in knowing her answer.

“Hey”

laurel md

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

IMGKNEE wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy 2013 to you.
There's that whole apple not falling far from the tree thing going on here. Happy 2013 Gknee :)

My take is "really....do you really have to do that?"

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
The killing of top predators bothers the heck out of me. I see no need for it because the meat is mostly never eaten. However, I have no problem with a hunter posing with his kill. Not taking photos doesn't change the fact that it happened.
I have taken photos of the food on my dinner plate......some of which used to be alive. Being in a different form doesn't change what it once was. But I do recall a time.... when I was your daughters age (and older)..... when I would have thought the poser in the photo was worthless scum!
I don't have an issue with killing predator if the meat is eaten. I've killed and eaten bear. I liked it and would eat bear again....especially the one that keeps breaking in our home.

As much as I like taking photos its not a big deal to me concerning photos if animals i've killed. In fact, i've not taken photos of many of the animals I killed. After I shoot an animal i'm more interested in getting the animal ready to be moved and butchered.

You were young once :)

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Medicinebow wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have an issue with killing predator if the meat is eaten. I've killed and eaten bear. I liked it and would eat bear again....especially the one that keeps breaking in our home.
As much as I like taking photos its not a big deal to me concerning photos if animals i've killed. In fact, i've not taken photos of many of the animals I killed. After I shoot an animal i'm more interested in getting the animal ready to be moved and butchered.
You were young once :)
"I don't have an issue with killing predator if the meat is eaten."
What if the meat is not eaten? What if the predator is being killed because some human came to the conclusion that there are too many, so some just need to die? Never mind. I think I know the answer to that.

"I liked it and would eat bear again....especially the one that keeps breaking in our home."
I thought that bear moved on. Did he/she come back? Maybe if you just give it it's own room and three squares, it wouldn't keep "breaking in." :)

"You were young once :)"
Actually, I've been young many times. It just depends on who I'm with at the moment.:)

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"I don't have an issue with killing predator if the meat is eaten."
What if the meat is not eaten? What if the predator is being killed because some human came to the conclusion that there are too many, so some just need to die? Never mind. I think I know the answer to that.
"I liked it and would eat bear again....especially the one that keeps breaking in our home."
I thought that bear moved on. Did he/she come back? Maybe if you just give it it's own room and three squares, it wouldn't keep "breaking in." :)
"You were young once :)"
Actually, I've been young many times. It just depends on who I'm with at the moment.:)
Why do you ask questions and then try to answer for me?

If the meat isn't eaten it is waste and I do NOT support that. If someone is going to shoot an animal they should be consuming the meat or it better be a case of self defense.

If I had to give the bear 3 squares on my dime he'd think I was acting on behalf of the government and he'd be dependent on someone else taking care of him.:)

The bear has not returned. He moved on to homes with better food! Apparently he went over to the other side of the mountain.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Medicinebow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you ask questions and then try to answer for me?
If the meat isn't eaten it is waste and I do NOT support that. If someone is going to shoot an animal they should be consuming the meat or it better be a case of self defense.
If I had to give the bear 3 squares on my dime he'd think I was acting on behalf of the government and he'd be dependent on someone else taking care of him.:)
The bear has not returned. He moved on to homes with better food! Apparently he went over to the other side of the mountain.
Good for the bear. He can now prosper on his own since he won't be given free meals. He'll find if he works hard and saves, he can provide a good life for himself and his family.:)

There is a grouse that keeps evading me (and my camera) on weekends when I go up to the cabin. It flies out from the same area every time I step outside. Any ideas how can I get close, or have him get close to me, without spooking him?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Am I the only one who would like nothing better than to bitchslap these parents?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Am I the only one who would like nothing better than to bitchslap these parents?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Nope. I wonder if they're related to Tasty Timmy Treadwell.

Poor kid, that favorite teddy bear will never seem quite the same.

"They told us not to stop". DUH! I guess they should have also told them that auto glass is not bear proof and neither are car doors.

Maybe next time they'll make the ride with pork chops tied around their necks.

At least both the humans (not the best specimens) and the bears (having learned that humans usually have food) survived..........this time.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. I wonder if they're related to Tasty Timmy Treadwell.
Poor kid, that favorite teddy bear will never seem quite the same.
"They told us not to stop". DUH! I guess they should have also told them that auto glass is not bear proof and neither are car doors.
Maybe next time they'll make the ride with pork chops tied around their necks.
At least both the humans (not the best specimens) and the bears (having learned that humans usually have food) survived..........this time.
It seems the three year olds' instincts kicked in that said "Danger." The parents must have learned that bears won't hurt people from some Disney movie.

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

<quoted text>
Good for the bear. He can now prosper on his own since he won't be given free meals. He'll find if he works hard and saves, he can provide a good life for himself and his family.:)
There is a grouse that keeps evading me (and my camera) on weekends when I go up to the cabin. It flies out from the same area every time I step outside. Any ideas how can I get close, or have him get close to me, without spooking him?
Good luck catching a grouse on camera. They hide well and usually flush quite fast. The ones at our Wyo. home seem to be a little less "flushy".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 120,761 - 120,780 of121,133
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min LRDII 1,073,064
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Samuel 18,499
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr Brian_G 304,941
Feeling Empowered (May '07) 22 hr Wreaking Ball GUY 3,097
illegals? what about our kids? Sat Jack1 1
Deer Park man found stabbed on front lawn (Apr '08) Fri David McSmitj 72
NAAWP IDENTIFIES WHITE TRASH -> LOIS LERNER LIE... Thu NAAWP CRIME NEWS UPDATE 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••