Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fa...

Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hunting -

There are 113993 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hunting -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Anticipating autumn's bounty of cooler weather, glorious sunshine and majestic foliage also brings sadness to my heart, knowing the suffering about to be inflicted by Maryland's bow hunters on our deer starting ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#173387 Oct 2, 2012
Mamasita wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Like he is the only politician that screwed around on his spouse. Newt Gingrich comes to mind. Wasn't he ditching his wife when she had cancer? What a man ! And then there is Republican Governor, narcissitic sociopath, Schwarzanegger who f**** his wife's friend, in the home where they live, destroying that family.
Yeah, the "party of family values", my A**!!!
Neither Schwarzenegger or Gingrich is all that conservative, IMO.
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

#173388 Oct 3, 2012
Smokey, when you can walk out of your door and live off of the yard foliage or plants found everywhere in the woods then you’d be a true vegan. Until then I’ll have vegetables and venison for my meals.

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#173389 Oct 3, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>

"First thing I would look at is my diet."
It's caused by age, not food.:)

She rants and raves about others giving advice that she says is none of their business.

Now Mamasita wants to play doctor. I'd avoid any advice from her and seek professional opinions.

Maybe this is what to expect under Obamacare.....advice from the clueless on the internet :)

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Location hidden

#173390 Oct 3, 2012
Mamasita wrote:
<quoted text>
A kid is going to starve? haha. Boy, you would be a great parent because they would have you trained before the game even started. It's a fact that vegetarians live on average 8-10 years longer than their meat eating counterparts. Best thing to do is go to the best schools and see what those kids eat ...certainy it is an optimum diet devoid of meat but with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Go to the poorest schools and look at what those kids are forced to eat. Meat and garbage. I say forced because those kids don't have choices. If they want a meal, they have to eat at school or they won't get food at home.
Well look who's passing out "facts" again. The mere fact you posted should make one suspicious.

You omitted seafood off your list. There are numerous sources saying fruits, veggies, grains, chocolate and SEAFOOD are the basis of a good diet. Tofu was even on the list. Numerous studies confirm this. But hey, make a claim and try to make it stick.

The longest living societies include seafood in their diets.

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Location hidden

#173391 Oct 3, 2012
Mamasita wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you doctor tell you that you need fish? I doubt it, unless you are a pro-sport athlete or suffering some type of medical disease.
The Dalai Lama needed to increase his protein, because he had hepatitus. He was a vegetarian. I don't criticize someone who tries to make a difference. I'm not all or nothing. What I do find morally repugnant are those, like yourself, that defend trophy hunting and trophy fishing when there is absolutely no reason that the respective being is killed except for a wall mount.
What someones Dr. tells them is nunya damn business. If ones chooses to consume fish it's their business.

Do your own research and you'll see that fish is good for a person....no matter what you claim.

Still stuck on "trophy" stupid I see. I don't know of anyone that shoots an antlered animal and doesn't consume it. But hey, you made the claim "car hunting" was as dangerous as drunk driving. And you still haven't been able to post even one instance of an accident involving "car hunting".

You haven't changed a bit. You live in a world of lies.

SE Michigan

#173392 Oct 5, 2012
Medicinebow wrote:
<quoted text>
What someones Dr. tells them is nunya damn business. If ones chooses to consume fish it's their business.
Do your own research and you'll see that fish is good for a person....no matter what you claim.
Still stuck on "trophy" stupid I see. I don't know of anyone that shoots an antlered animal and doesn't consume it. But hey, you made the claim "car hunting" was as dangerous as drunk driving. And you still haven't been able to post even one instance of an accident involving "car hunting".
You haven't changed a bit. You live in a world of lies.
"I don't know of anyone that shoots an antlered animal and doesn't consume it."

You might not know any, but unfortunately, they exist. I'd bet they exist in large numbers. Most just don't get caught.
http://www.hudsonvalleysportsman.com/index.ph...
"I hear you WEM144.I hear shots like that several times every bow season.One guy I know was waiting at the school bus stop with his kid when he noticed 3 headless deer carcasses laying about 20 ft. off the road.He dragged each one further in the woods so they wouldn't stink up the place so bad...said the one was BIG.When 'otter' and I were with Barry Wensel in Iowa back in '08 he said he and his brother found 9 headless carcasses,on one farm alone,the previous year.Seems there's a market($) for big antlers.Poachers are scum and I think in addition to the fines and penalties they get when caught,they should do some jail time.That might help set 'em straight."

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Location hidden

#173393 Oct 5, 2012
<quoted text>
You might not know any, but unfortunately, they exist. I'd bet they exist in large numbers.
No doubt some do it.

Large numbers? You sound like Mamasita...making a claim with nothing to back it.

Have proof? Put it up.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#173394 Oct 5, 2012
<quoted text>
You might not know any, but unfortunately, they exist. I'd bet they exist in large numbers.
Medicinebow wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt some do it.
Large numbers? You sound like Mamasita...making a claim with nothing to back it.
Have proof? Put it up.
I suspect that the stats in that area are being purposefully or at best ignorantly distorted. Her claim of nine here and seven or so over there (whatever the numbers were) seems to be interpreted as an equal number of hunters as there are dead deer. The facts are more likely to be, that one or two persons are responsible for the multiple illegal deaths, and wanton abandonment, in any given area where multiple carcasses are found.

SE Michigan

#173395 Oct 5, 2012
Medicinebow, the point and shoot camera I had been using for landscapes and macro took a dump. The ISO button doesn't work (which also used to advance my photos to the right to view them) and my outdoor pictures have a blue tint to them.

I can get it fixed, or break down and buy a new lens for my Canon EOS60D.
Which lens would you recommend for landscapes?
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/produc...

SE Michigan

#173396 Oct 5, 2012
Medicinebow wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt some do it.
Have proof? Put it up.
Of course I don't have proof. That can't be obtained until they are caught, tried and convicted. The problem is they work hard at not getting caught.

SE Michigan

#173397 Oct 5, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I suspect that the stats in that area are being purposefully or at best ignorantly distorted. Her claim of nine here and seven or so over there (whatever the numbers were) seems to be interpreted as an equal number of hunters as there are dead deer. The facts are more likely to be, that one or two persons are responsible for the multiple illegal deaths, and wanton abandonment, in any given area where multiple carcasses are found.
I agree. In that case it probably is the handy work of just one or two people. But cases like this can be found all over. You think that same individual, or pair of idiots, traveled to other states and did the same thing?

Location hidden

#173398 Oct 5, 2012
<quoted text>
I agree. In that case it probably is the handy work of just one or two people. But cases like this can be found all over. You think that same individual, or pair of idiots, traveled to other states and did the same thing?
Will you ever learn to read the entire post or link?
Did you miss this part ... the very last part of that post?
"in any given area where multiple carcasses are found."

“I'm a humane bowhunter”

Location hidden

#173399 Oct 5, 2012
Medicinebow, the point and shoot camera I had been using for landscapes and macro took a dump. The ISO button doesn't work (which also used to advance my photos to the right to view them) and my outdoor pictures have a blue tint to them.
I can get it fixed, or break down and buy a new lens for my Canon EOS60D.
Which lens would you recommend for landscapes?
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/produc...
If it were me i'd buy another lens. Take a look at this.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/351542-...

It probably isn't worth fixing the P&S camera. I know the lens I listed isn't cheap but it's perfect for landscapes.

“I Love California”

Since: Jul 08

In Cali..of course!

#173400 Oct 5, 2012
President Obama is coming here Monday to designate this man's home as a national monument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesar_Chavez

I hope everyone has heard of Cesar Chavez. I wonder how many people are aware that he was vegan, and a supporter of animal rights. So not only did he fight his entire life for better conditions for farm workers, he also had room to think of the humane treatment of animals as well.

I also wonder how many people are aware of the brutally hard hands on work that for instance grape vineyard workers do to get those grapes to market. Backbreaking work in 100 degree weather, I see them picking grapes by hand to this day. Waving and smiling to me as I walk by them on my breaks. Years ago they had to endure sucking fumes from pesticides and falling down dead from heat and exhaustion. Cesar Chavez historically changed conditions for our farm workers. Just goes to show that a great person can care for people AND animals.

hiss of death

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#173401 Oct 5, 2012
Mamasita wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a grip ! Stealing a seagulls food. You did. Egregious animal cruelty varies from person to person. Some people, like yourself, think killing an animal for amusement and a big rack is awesome. I think it's egregious animal cruelty. I think sport fishing is cruel. I think sport hunting is especially cruel where these hunters go out and kill the trophy animal. Yes, and I'm not the only one.
And I know plenty ! I know all about greedy hunters and fishermen that deplete our forests and waters for sport and nothing else. The damage you all do is immeasurable. Maybe you could sell the rack or dead fish on eBay for a nice profit too, or blood money.
Haven't been here for quite a while but I see that prevarication, embellishment and theater of the absurd are still your favorite methods of communication, Mamasita. Could you please tell us about the stringless crossbows for old times sake ?

hiss of death

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#173402 Oct 5, 2012
Hi gang ! Hope you are all doing well.

SE Michigan

#173403 Oct 6, 2012
Medicinebow wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were me i'd buy another lens. Take a look at this.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/351542-...
It probably isn't worth fixing the P&S camera. I know the lens I listed isn't cheap but it's perfect for landscapes.
•Close-focusing to 9.5 inches
Would this also be good for macro and close-ups of things like flowers and insects?

Location hidden

#173404 Oct 6, 2012
IMGKNEE wrote:
President Obama is coming here Monday to designate this man's home as a national monument.
I hope everyone has heard of Cesar Chavez. I wonder how many people are aware that he was vegan, and a supporter of animal rights. So not only did he fight his entire life for better conditions for farm workers, he also had room to think of the humane treatment of animals as well.
I also wonder how many people are aware of the brutally hard hands on work that for instance grape vineyard workers do to get those grapes to market. Backbreaking work in 100 degree weather, I see them picking grapes by hand to this day. Waving and smiling to me as I walk by them on my breaks. Years ago they had to endure sucking fumes from pesticides and falling down dead from heat and exhaustion. Cesar Chavez historically changed conditions for our farm workers. Just goes to show that a great person can care for people AND animals.
Whatever made you think that to show a caring for more than one species on this planet was an impossibility, no matter how "great" the person may be?

Location hidden

#173405 Oct 6, 2012
IMGKNEE wrote:
“Once social change begins, it cannot be reversed. You cannot un-educate the person who has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore."

Cesar Chavez

Location hidden

#173406 Oct 6, 2012
hiss of death wrote:
Hi gang ! Hope you are all doing well.
Doing well. Thanks.
Good to see you again here Hiss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Henry 1,498,605
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Trumpmania 313,392
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Marta 20,853
News Body camera video shows traffic stop of Baltimo... 8 hr andtheysayimsweet 1
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Sun silly rabbit 8,023
News 16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) Sun Agawam 1158 301
News In immigrant crackdown, a 'fine-tuned' police s... Feb 25 Sarah 2nd Grade 3

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages