Feeling Empowered

Feeling Empowered

There are 3096 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from May 22, 2007, titled Feeling Empowered. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Many in the religious community have visited Empowerment Temple African Methodist Episcopal Church, including Bishop T.D. Jakes, mentor to the Rev.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Inquiring Mind

Clarksburg, MD

#2419 Feb 8, 2008
SICK OF IT wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sick and tired of people like you defending this negro!!! I'm sure your one of his many fans that probably went to see him when he was in California last week!!! If you don't like what we have to say.....leave and GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN!!! I've never seen so many women pressed for one man in my life!!!! His D must be PLATINUM WITH A TIP MADE OF DIAMONDS!!!
......and vibrates.*rolls eyes*
So Sick

Pickerington, OH

#2420 Feb 8, 2008
I do not believe you and I do not go to his church or even live in that state.
Woo Wooo Woo gaydar siren wrote:
from Famegate
to top
JAMAL'S LOVER
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:57 am Post subject: JAMAL IS AN EXCELLENT LOVER IN THE BEDROOM Brotha Knowitall wrote:Soon to be ex-wife said in the Baltimore-Sun that the pastor of ET has a salary of $350,000 a year...Preach Black man!
Dear Empowerment Temple:
I feel partly to blame for the break-up of Jamal's marriage. He and I have been having an affair for almost two years now.
Jamal is a freak in the bedroom and he always wants me to do some things that I even hesitate about doing to him. He has a nice penis but it is not that large or that small.
I never knew that men of the cloth could be so incredibly freaky in the bedroom when the lights go off. I know that I am wrong for sleeping with a married man, but Jamal pursued me non-stop. He did everything he could to get me to sleep with him.
Again I want to apologize if I did anything to cause his marriage to end. I also ask the God in the heavens to forgive me of my sins. While I will still mess around I will not mess with a married man again especially if if has as many children as Jamal (5 of them and counting).
Sincerely yours,
Justin X
Baltimore, MD
So Sick

Pickerington, OH

#2421 Feb 8, 2008
I think that you are lying. Misery loves company.
Apostasy 2008

Hayes, VA

#2422 Feb 8, 2008
pray wrote:
I find it very interesting that many of you have left the church because of his sin and are quoting scripture. My question to those who left, who told you to leave?

Beware of False Preachers

We are seeing many prophecies about this judgment that is now ensuing, starting with those who have lifted themselves up to lofty places of visibility and influence, who have proudly received adulation from many and have taken full advantage to enrich themselves.

Isaiah 56:11 Yea, the dogs are greedy, they can never have enough; and these are shepherds that cannot understand: they have all turned to their own way, each one to his gain, from every quarter.

I believe that after these most visible ones are judged, the investigation will expand to include many thousands of smaller players and eventually to the rescinding of tax exempt status for all of the works of men that we call "churches" and "ministries."

For some time now, the Holy Spirit has made some aware that we are entering the time of the fulfillment of the judgment upon the shepherds that is prophesied in Ezekiel 34 and also upon the prophets in Jeremiah 23. But there is hope for His true sheep in these scriptures, as we see that the Lord Himself intends to gather and minister to His sheep who have been so scattered, mistreated, sheared and thrown to the wolves by the unrighteous shepherds and prophets.

Knowing what we know by the Holy Spirit, it is not hard to see the day approaching when those who are truly God's remnant will hear the voice of their Lord saying, "Come out of her, my people," because these works of men comprise the great whore, which is Babylon. Indeed, many are hearing this call and are coming out in growing numbers, as evidenced by George Barna's surveys revealing the growing number of "un-churched" Christians.

Revelation 18:4-5 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come forth, my people, out of her, that ye have no fellowship with her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues:(5) for her sins have reached even unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Those of us who want to be found standing with the Lord in these last days must humble ourselves, repent of all known sin, of all pride, all selfishness and self-sufficiency, all love of the world, all adulation of men and all religion, which is the essence of Babylon. We must learn to hate her and cast off her chains, as well as her baubles.(Wealth)
State of the Black Church

Baltimore, MD

#2423 Feb 8, 2008
Bethel AME music director charged with rape
He, girl had sex three times between Nov. and Jan., police documents say
By Gus G. Sentementes | Sun reporter
12:38 PM EST, February 8, 2008
The 32-year-old music director of Bethel AME, a high-profile West Baltimore church, has been accused of rape and child abuse in a case involving a 13-year-old girl who is a member of the congregation, according to city police and church officials.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltim...
black activist

Norfolk, VA

#2424 Feb 8, 2008
Jamal did preach a message about this and it is entitled...I am Still the Man. It is on You Tube and you and watch it.
Apostasy 2008

Hayes, VA

#2425 Feb 8, 2008
http://gcraige.podbean.com/2007/07/

The Condition of the Black Church
veman96054

United States

#2426 Feb 9, 2008
State of the Black Church wrote:
Bethel AME music director charged with rape
He, girl had sex three times between Nov. and Jan., police documents say
By Gus G. Sentementes | Sun reporter
12:38 PM EST, February 8, 2008
The 32-year-old music director of Bethel AME, a high-profile West Baltimore church, has been accused of rape and child abuse in a case involving a 13-year-old girl who is a member of the congregation, according to city police and church officials.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltim...
A further indicator that Jamal's father has poor leadership skills, or foster's an environment of sexual explotitation

WHY?

1. famegate.net where he knowingly sent a child molester to another state across country
2. Jamal and his multiple baby mamma's and cheating on his wife
3. Frank Reid little child that he had recently with some one other than his wife. THe chidl is under 10 years old.
4. The organ director who admitted to having sex with a 12 year old

I feel sorry for the honest AME ministers out there.
EMPOWMENT TEMPLE GUEST

United States

#2427 Feb 9, 2008
YOU ALL ARE CRAZY!!!... I HAVE ATTENDED EMPOWERMENT TEMPLE MANY SUNDAYS AND I FIND THE WORD OF GOD THROUGH DR.BRYANT TO BE VERY ENCOURAGING...THE MAN IS BLESSED SO DON'T HATE..I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT GIZELLE BECAUSE SHE NEVER SAY ANYTHING..SHE'S IS ALWAYS IN THE FRONT ROW..ONE THING YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER IS THAT WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND WE ALL SOMETIMES FALL SHORT..YOU ALL ARE SO FOCUSED ON DR.JAMAAL BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT DURING THESE TRIALS THAT IT IS ACTUALLY HIM. I AM NOT THE ONE WHO SUPPORT A MAN OR WOMAN WHO COMMITTS ADULTERY OR ABUSE BUT SOMETIMES WE NEED TO WAIT UNTIL THE DOUGH IS BAKED BEFORE WE SEE THE RESULTS IN THE OVEN. I KNOW SOME OF YOU MAY BE TOO SLOW FOR THAT BUT DON'T MAKE THE MAN GUILTY OF SOMETHING YOU DON'T HAVE FACTS ABOUT..GOD WILL SOON REVEAL THE TRUTH JUST PRAY FOR HE AND GIZELLE AND HOPE FOR THE BEST.
EMPOWMENT TEMPLE GUEST

United States

#2428 Feb 9, 2008
SICK OF IT wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sick and tired of people like you defending this negro!!! I'm sure your one of his many fans that probably went to see him when he was in California last week!!! If you don't like what we have to say.....leave and GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN!!! I've never seen so many women pressed for one man in my life!!!! His D must be PLATINUM WITH A TIP MADE OF DIAMONDS!!!
YOU HAVE SERIOUS ISSUES....IT'S NOT ABOUT THE D.WHICH I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT. THEY TALKED ABOUT JESUS CHRIST AND HE DIED ON THE CROSS TO SAVE ALL OF US. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE YOU READ ABOUT IN THE BIBLE THAT WAS POOR OR IN POVERTY?
Inquiring Mind

Parkton, MD

#2429 Feb 9, 2008
EMPOWMENT TEMPLE GUEST wrote:
YOU ALL ARE CRAZY!!!... I HAVE ATTENDED EMPOWERMENT TEMPLE MANY SUNDAYS AND I FIND THE WORD OF GOD THROUGH DR.BRYANT TO BE VERY ENCOURAGING...THE MAN IS BLESSED SO DON'T HATE..I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT GIZELLE BECAUSE SHE NEVER SAY ANYTHING..SHE'S IS ALWAYS IN THE FRONT ROW..ONE THING YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER IS THAT WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND WE ALL SOMETIMES FALL SHORT..YOU ALL ARE SO FOCUSED ON DR.JAMAAL BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT DURING THESE TRIALS THAT IT IS ACTUALLY HIM. I AM NOT THE ONE WHO SUPPORT A MAN OR WOMAN WHO COMMITTS ADULTERY OR ABUSE BUT SOMETIMES WE NEED TO WAIT UNTIL THE DOUGH IS BAKED BEFORE WE SEE THE RESULTS IN THE OVEN. I KNOW SOME OF YOU MAY BE TOO SLOW FOR THAT BUT DON'T MAKE THE MAN GUILTY OF SOMETHING YOU DON'T HAVE FACTS ABOUT..GOD WILL SOON REVEAL THE TRUTH JUST PRAY FOR HE AND GIZELLE AND HOPE FOR THE BEST.
It is painfully obvious that you have NOT read through the other 2,378 posts.

Please, allow the Holy Spirit to remove the scales from your eyes and see this man for who he has become.
The preachers wife

Brooklyn, NY

#2430 Feb 9, 2008
veman96054 wrote:
The ones with him now need to file their lawsuits if they attend the church or AME
They better leave him alone.
He filed for a limited divorce. She filed for an absolute divorce.
Yeah Giselle. You go girl
Move on with out him
Congratulations on your 175 weight loss.
I finally had the strength to leave also, we stay for all the wrong reasons and suffer so much only to be hurt again because the Man wont get delivered and just stop chasing women. I feel better knowing im not the only one. The church makes you feel like you are sinning because you want to divorce and leave but they say nothing about all what a man does to you right in the church with the sister sitting next to you, holding your babies and sleeping with him..Lord I thank you for the strength and
To Gizzelle, Be strong, stay close to family and hold on to God ..we will be better and God will Judge all these matters and uphold us. I know its hard with our kids...I have four children but Im more affraid of staying in this lie of a marriage that starting over....
Apostasy 2008

Hayes, VA

#2431 Feb 10, 2008
The preachers wife wrote:
<quoted text>
I finally had the strength to leave also, we stay for all the wrong reasons and suffer so much only to be hurt again because the Man wont get delivered and just stop chasing women. I feel better knowing im not the only one. I know its hard with our kids...I have four children but Im more affraid of staying in this lie of a marriage that starting over....

Scriptural Marriage and Divorce

David Eells

I know this can be a real can of worms and such a touchy subject when dealing with people who love each other but we owe truth to the brethren concerning their eternal life.

Some basic things the Lord has shown from scripture on divorce and remarriage:

Jesus' commands superseded the Jews' permission for divorce by His statements so we cannot go to the law to justify divorce.(Mt. 19:8) He said to them, Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been this way.

There is only one reason for divorce.(Mat 19:9) And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for fornication (Numeric) and marries another woman commits adultery."

If a spouse commits fornication whether outside of the first marriage or by illegal remarriage, the other is free to remarry for the first spouse broke the marriage bond. Being legally able to remarry does not mean this is God’s will for you. God loves to restore. If your mate repents and asks your forgiveness then forgive as Christ forgave you. Also spiritual fornication of the heart is not excuse for the scripture speaks of physical fornication of the body.

Apostasy 2008

Hayes, VA

#2432 Feb 10, 2008
The disciples admitted this was a hard statement and many think so today but it is better to obey than to bring yourselves under a curse that many endure.(Mt.19:10) The disciples said to Him, "If the relationship of the man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry."

Even in the Old Testament it was fornication for a believer to be married to an unbeliever.{Ezra 9:2} For they have taken of their daughters for themselves and for their sons, so that the holy seed have mingled themselves with the peoples of the lands: yea, the hand of the princes and rulers hath been chief in this trespass.…{10:10} And Ezra the priest stood up, and said unto them, Ye have trespassed, and have married foreign women, to increase the guilt of Israel.{10:11} Now therefore make confession unto Jehovah, the God of your fathers, and do his pleasure; and separate yourselves from the peoples of the land, and from the foreign women.

And so it is in the New Covenant:{1 Cor.7:39} A wife is bound for so long time as her husband liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is free to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.…{9:5} Have we no right to lead about a wife that is a believer…{2 Cor.6:14} Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers: for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity? or what communion hath light with darkness?{15} And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what portion hath a believer with an unbeliever?{16} And what agreement hath a temple of God with idols? for we are a temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.{17} Wherefore Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, And touch no unclean thing; And I will receive you. Better not even date an unbeliever, saints.

Apostasy 2008

Hayes, VA

#2433 Feb 10, 2008
However, God makes a concession in the New Testament when a person comes to the Lord with an unbelieving spouse because the unbelieving spouse might become saved through their faith.{1 Cor.7:12} But to the rest say I, not the Lord: If any brother hath an unbelieving wife, and she is content to dwell with him, let him not leave her.{13} And the woman that hath an unbelieving husband, and he is content to dwell with her, let her not leave her husband.{14} For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in the brother: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

If that spouse as an unbeliever departs you can remarry.{1 Cor.7:15} Yet if the unbelieving departeth, let him depart: the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such [cases]…

Even if you are remarried illegally many times before coming to the Lord the commands are to Christians and are not retroactive to the old life for we are a new creation, cleansed of all past sins.

Also Christians can do things in ignorance that are under the blood for knowledge precedes sin in the New Testament as before the Law.{Rom.5:13} for until the law sin was in the world; but sin is not imputed when there is no law.{7:8}… for apart from the law sin [is] dead.{James 4:17} To him therefore that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.{Jn.15:22} If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no excuse for their sin. This is not an excuse for someone to falsely claim ignorance because God looks on the heart and knows all. Judgment is sure to fornicators and adulterers.{1 Cor.6:9} Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men,{10} nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.{Rev.21:7} He that overcometh shall inherit these things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.{8} But for the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, their part [shall be] in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.

Apostasy 2008

Hayes, VA

#2434 Feb 10, 2008
Marriage and divorce can be a very convoluted problem. If after diligently searching into all that the New Covenant teaches on this subject and asking elders with no satisfaction, remember what Moses did.{Ex.18:25} And Moses chose able men out of all Israel, and made them heads over the people, rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens.{26} And they judged the people at all seasons: the hard causes they brought unto Moses, but every small matter they judged themselves. God told Moses that he would be as God to Israel. For some things we need to get a word from our Lord.

{1 Cor.7:1} Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.{7:2} But, because of fornications, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband.{7:3} Let the husband render unto the wife her due: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.{7:4} The wife hath not power over her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power over his own body, but the wife.{7:5} Defraud ye not one the other, except it be by consent for a season, that ye may give yourselves unto prayer, and may be together again, that Satan tempt you not because of your incontinency.{7:6} But this I say by way of concession, not of commandment.{7:7} Yet I would that all men were even as I myself. Howbeit each man hath his own gift from God, one after this manner, and another after that.{7:8} But I say to the unmarried and to widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.{7:9} But if they have not continency, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.{7:10} But unto the married I give charge,[yea] not I, but the Lord, That the wife depart not from her husband {7:11}(but should she depart, let her remain unmarried, or else be reconciled to her husband); and that the husband leave not his wife.{7:12} But to the rest say I, not the Lord: If any brother hath an unbelieving wife, and she is content to dwell with him, let him not leave her.{7:13} And the woman that hath an unbelieving husband, and he is content to dwell with her, let her not leave her husband.{7:14} For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in the brother: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.{7:15} Yet if the unbelieving departeth, let him depart: the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such [cases]: but God hath called us in peace.
Apostasy 2008

Hayes, VA

#2436 Feb 10, 2008
{7:16} For how knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? Or how knowest thou, O husband, whether thou shalt save thy wife?{7:17} Only, as the Lord hath distributed to each man, as God hath called each, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all the churches.{7:18} Was any man called being circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Hath any been called in uncircumcision? Let him not be circumcised.{7:19} Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing; but the keeping of the commandments of God.{7:20} Let each man abide in that calling wherein he was called.{7:21} Wast thou called being a bondservant? Care not for it: nay, even if thou canst become free, use [it] rather.{7:22} For he that was called in the Lord being a bondservant, is the Lord's freedman: likewise he that was called being free, is Christ's bondservant.{7:23} Ye were bought with a price; become not bondservants of men.{7:24} Brethren, let each man, wherein he was called, therein abide with God.{7:25} Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: but I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be trustworthy.{7:26} I think therefore that this is good by reason of the distress that is upon us,[namely,] that it is good for a man to be as he is.{7:27} Art thou bound unto a wife? Seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? Seek not a wife.{7:28} But shouldest thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Yet such shall have tribulation in the flesh: and I would spare you.{7:29} But this I say, brethren, the time is shortened, that henceforth both those that have wives may be as though they had none; {7:30} and those that weep, as though they wept not; and those that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and those that buy, as though they possessed not; {7:31} and those that use the world, as not using it to the full: for the fashion of this world passeth away.{7:32} But I would have you to be free from cares. He that is unmarried is careful for the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord:{7:33} but he that is married is careful for the things of the world, how he may please his wife,{7:34} and is divided.[So] also the woman that is unmarried and the virgin is careful for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married is careful for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.{7:35} And this I say for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is seemly, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.{7:36} But if any man thinketh that he behaveth himself unseemly toward his virgin [daughter], if she be past the flower of her age, and if need so requireth, let him do what he will; he sinneth not; let them marry.{7:37} But he that standeth stedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power as touching in his own heart, to keep his own virgin [daughter], shall do well.{7:38} So then both he that giveth his own virgin [daughter] in marriage doeth well; and he that giveth her not in marriage shall do better.{7:39} A wife is bound for so long time as her husband liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is free to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.{7:40} But she is happier if she abide as she is, after my judgment: and I think that I also have the Spirit of God.
Apostasy 2008

Hayes, VA

#2437 Feb 10, 2008
Entertainment of the Apostate Church

Kaile Hamilton - 2/03/08

In my dream last night I went to church with some of my friends from the past and various family members because they invited me to go along with them and I had not been to a physical church in a long time.

The first thing that I noticed when I walked into the foyer of the church was how big the foyer was and then I noticed that it was filled with various concession stands and coffee shops. I really felt like I had just arrived at a movie theater but it was a church. At that point in my dream The Lord reminded me of the passage in John 2:13-22:
"And the passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. And he found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:and he made a scourge of cords, and cast all out of the temple, both the sheep and the oxen; and he poured out the changers' money, and overthrew their tables; and to them that sold the doves he said, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house a house of merchandise. His disciples remembered that it was written, Zeal for thy house shall eat me up. The Jews therefore answered and said unto him, What sign showest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. The Jews therefore said, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou raise it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body. When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he spake this; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said."

Many of the people and things that I saw that day reminded me of the two churches that I had felt a part of before The Lord brought me out of the physical church.

Well, after talking to some of my friends and family, it was time to go into the church auditorium so I walked in and I was astonished at what I saw. The church auditorium resembled a movie theater with the high rise seating, the dimmed lights, a huge stage with an enormous red curtain behind it, spotlights, and a microphone in the center of the stage. My friends and I were handed a manila folder of something from the usher which seemed to be a normal occurrence -- like the folder was the church bulletin -- and then we sat towards the back of the theater. As I looked around the theater at all the people filing in to get a seat with their coffee and snacks, my heart was deeply saddened. Then, the senior pastor came on stage and introduced himself and told us all to open our folders and get ready for the first speaker. I didn't quite understand what the papers meant because there were questions about how well the speaker did and if they were entertaining with a rating system.

When the first speaker got on stage he started cracking jokes one right after the other, mostly about Christ, walking with Christ and being a part of the body. I noticed how amused everyone in the auditorium was and none of them seemed to be offended by the awful statements the guy was making. When the speaker was done a loud voice came on the microphone saying, "Now is the time to rate speaker number one!" After about five minutes the second speaker was introduced and the cycle of joking and rating happened until the last of the five speakers finished their stand-up routines. The more and more I heard from these "men of God" the more grieved my spirit was; at one point I was so sad I felt like I was going to be sick. The Lord then brought the passage of Scripture in Ephesians 5:1-21 to my attention on how we are supposed to conduct ourselves as followers of Christ:
Apostasy 2008

Hayes, VA

#2438 Feb 10, 2008
"Be ye therefore imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, even as Christ also loved you, and gave himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for an odor of a sweet smell. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as becometh saints; nor filthiness, nor foolish talking, or jesting, which are not befitting: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know of a surety, that no fornicator, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no man deceive you with empty words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the sons of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them; For ye were once darkness, but are now light in the Lord: walk as children of light (for the fruit of the light is in all goodness and righteousness and truth), proving what is well-pleasing unto the Lord; and have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather even reprove them; for the things which are done by them in secret it is a shame even to speak of. But all things when they are reproved are made manifest by the light: for everything that is made manifest is light. Wherefore he saith, Awake, thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall shine upon thee. Look therefore carefully how ye walk, not as unwise, but as wise; redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And be not drunken with wine, wherein is riot, but be filled with the Spirit; speaking one to another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; giving thanks always for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father; subjecting yourselves one to another in the fear of Christ."
After the last speaker I handed my folder to one of the ushers who then looked at me strangely, like he was confused that I had already handed him my folder. Finally, the senior pastor got back on stage and I felt relieved that now it would be time to get into the Word but I was mistaken, and this grieved me even more. He then told the congregation to push the number of the speaker they found the most entertaining. That was when the dream ended.
Apostasy 2008

Hayes, VA

#2439 Feb 10, 2008
After I woke up:
The Lord revealed to me that He was showing me the state of the modern/apostate church and how it too has become a business venture. He also made it very clear to me that the apostate church has become a place for people to find entertainment, the worldly joy that is fleeting and the bread of man that does not satisfy. He brought to my remembrance a passage in John 6:33-40 that He showed me earlier this week:
"For the bread of God is that which cometh down out of heaven, and giveth life unto the world. They said therefore unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. Jesus said unto them. I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall not hunger, and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. But I said unto you, that ye have seen me, and yet believe not. All that which the Father giveth me shall come unto me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I am come down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the will of him that sent me, that of all that which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that every one that beholdeth the Son, and believeth on him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day."
I was struck by the incredible grief and sorrow that I felt while I was having the dream; I can't even describe it adequately. The only thing that I can say is I felt like I could feel the Spirit groaning in me while I was witnessing the state of the apostasy. It still stirs up many emotions for me.
May the children of The Lord hear His cries for them to return to Him in the Name of Jesus!
It was also brought to my attention that the four girls to my left were my friends that have had children out of wedlock; and the one girl to my right had a child in wedlock and the other is not married yet. I'm not quite sure right now what the significance of The Lord showing me that. The only thing that comes to mind is the goats go to the left and the sheep go to the right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,234,815
News Homicides in Baltimore up 40% 1 hr A 7
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 2 hr BoneYard 633
News The Big Winners of The Baltimore Riots 3 hr moving on up 5
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Samuel-7g-Jackson 19,932
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr cpeter1313 309,954
News Tom Brady suspended four games, Patriots lose d... 11 hr tom wingo 64
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]