Oil prices threaten Latin American economies

Full story: Baltimore Sun

Are exploding oil prices about to burn Latin America? With the largest petroleum reserves outside the Middle East, the region has been on a roll in recent years.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Jim

Santa Ynez, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2008

Marla Dickerson of the L.A. Times is typical of liberal business news reporting... Bleeding heart, anecdotal, BS.. No content.... This stuff belongs on the same page as Ann Landers.
irene

Bedford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2008

Those countries she is talking about have lots of resources. More than US. they just need to get their stuff back together and stop looking north for hand outs
WUSA9 Newscaster

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

irene wrote:
Those countries she is talking about have lots of resources. More than US. they just need to get their stuff back together and stop looking north for hand outs
Hey Irenegirl,
If you are White and American, that is good because you are one of us. America is the best nation in the solar system and the sp-cs from elsalvador, hondorus and mexico need to live in the jungle because that is all they are worth. Our newsteam at the station plans to endorse Barack Obama's campaign to get rid of the ms-13s, latinos and mexicans from our American soil. Some ms-13s called our station and said that our staff will be attacked in the parking lots at our station but we have security that work with the police and any sp-- that makes trouble will serve time in a dirty hole in El Salvador or Hondorus. This spring, the cops will be on the streets looking for any whop that hangs out and makes trouble.
Sincerely,
Kristen Fischer
Anita Brikman
Peggy Fox and
Derek McGinty of
WUSA9 News and CBS.
Carl Alvarez

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

WUSA9 Newscaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Irenegirl,
If you are White and American, that is good because you are one of us. America is the best nation in the solar system and the sp-cs from elsalvador, hondorus and mexico need to live in the jungle because that is all they are worth. Our newsteam at the station plans to endorse Barack Obama's campaign to get rid of the ms-13s, latinos and mexicans from our American soil. Some ms-13s called our station and said that our staff will be attacked in the parking lots at our station but we have security that work with the police and any sp-- that makes trouble will serve time in a dirty hole in El Salvador or Hondorus. This spring, the cops will be on the streets looking for any whop that hangs out and makes trouble.
Sincerely,
Kristen Fischer
Anita Brikman
Peggy Fox and
Derek McGinty of
WUSA9 News and CBS.
To let you know that this spring, some of our gang members with the help of al-qaida plan to go into the stations to cut up the wires and loot the stations and sell the parts for money and cut up the staff with a knife to help us terrorize the stations. Hey spring is here and you have plenty of opportunity to go out and rob banks and murder the bank tellers and then burn the banks down with them in it and use the money for a trip to Hong Kong homies. I spent over 20 years with the Latin Kings, MS-13 and 18th Street Mexicali until I got into an argument over money but your MS-13 and Latin King gangs in your area are quite good and they treat me good homies. The only thing that I liked about Maryland and D.C. is the prisons because I have nothin to lose and I am well experienced in stealing from elderly ladies homes and cutting them with a knife and I got away with a lot of those crimes but prison is my home and prison is beautiful and sweet. That is why I want to move to your area homie. Homies around the Langley Park apartments do shootings and arsons and the guns and packs of matches were stolen from stores and schools on the streets of Washington, D.C. and the Mexicans are poopoo and the woods of Mexico are quite poopoo. I want to start a home and business in your area homie and we can do good. Hey, I am 34 and I have been in and out of prison since I was 15 for stealing money from places and I want to move to your area so I can be with a gang where I can be safe from the pigs in uniform or coppers that try to rig my ass.
Salvadoran Citizen

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Wow! It is so sad to read such an offensive post. First of all, gangs originated in the US and I do not think we Salvadoran need to live in the jungle. You obviously do not know what you are talking about.

You should ask yourself what labor force is the motor of your economy, you should ask yourself where the products you consume were grown or manufactured.

You say so proudly that my country is a dirty hole. Well let me give you some free of charge history lessons. We have suffered dictatorships and a 12 years long civil war. Well, during that time in accordance to he post conflict report produced by the UN more than 85% of the crimes were committed by the army and the state, go and check in google what government funded those institutions? I do not intend to make your country responsible for our deepest problems, but you should read a little bit before making such reckless statements. Poverty and violence have a cause and do not sprout just because.

It is a pity that there are people in the US, as yourselves, that despite all the resources, great education and high living standards have not been able to learned to respect other people. One would have thought that those would be one of the first things a developed nation would teach their citizens.

I have had the privilege to meet and spare good time with people from the US. I have made good friends and learned from your highly qualified scholars. Sadly enough, people like you send the wrong message to the world. Fortunately, not all US citizens suffer from such a lack of common sense.

You should travel to all these countries you despise so much. Poverty cannot be learned from books and you with such an obtuse mind will not be able to comprehend what it means unless you witness it. I disagree with the belligerent message you and others posting threats are spreading. These types of reactions and mentalities have made the world upside down. I was looking for relevant and interesting information, but after reading your post I do not think that anyone with a minimum degree of intellectual self respect can take your opinions and articles seriously.

Please, next time, before making such statements inform yourselves better. No one deserves to live in poverty nor it is worth to suffer it. Do not write about things your certainly do not know.

Best regards,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance