Looking defenseless

There are 20 comments on the Oct 13, 2008, Baltimore Sun story titled Looking defenseless. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

A week after the Ravens believed a roughing-the-passer penalty cost them a game, there was no excuse given in watching Peyton Manning rough up their secondary.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Attila the Hon

Geneva, IL

#82 Oct 13, 2008
Yesterday I had hoped to watch an inspiring Ravens upset victory. Instead I ended up "sleeping with my eyes open" in front of the television for three hours.
"Manning...Harrison...(si gh) touchdown."
"Manning...Wayne...(sigh) touchdown."
My fellow Ravens fans, now is NOT the time to panic!

The Indianapolis fans are definitely the creepiest in the NFL. When their team has the ball, it's as though they're watching The Masters. No one makes a noise, no one even moves for fear of making even the tiniest of noises. In other NFL stadiums, at least you hear a murmur from the home crowd. When the visiting team has the ball, the Indy fans seems to need a cue from the scoreboards & recorded crowd noises pumped into the sound system.

GO RAVENS! BEAT MIAMI! I am NOT accepting defeat next Sunday!
Orioles Fan From New York wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a "Real" Colts fan, dating back to 1971. I am still a "Real" Colts fan. next up: The Green Bay Packers. GO COLTS!
OH I WISH YOU'D SHUT UP!
FireTrembley

United States

#83 Oct 13, 2008
GHT wrote:
why do the Ravens fall apart and implode so embarassingly like this at least once or twice a year?
Mental midgets like Bart Scott and company probably. They do not do well with adversity.
Bob

Cockeysville, MD

#84 Oct 13, 2008
GHT wrote:
why do the Ravens fall apart and implode so embarrassingly like this at least once or twice a year?
Because they don't match up at all with teams like the colts. The colts are a very small but speedy team and with a great QB like Peyton you can audible at the line he puts them in the right situation almost all the time. If you looked at that game the ravens defenders looked like they were stuck in quick sand.We are one of the slowest teams in the NFL and that stand for not for long if you don't have athletic players on your team and we certainly don't.
Harbaugh Must Go

Pasadena, MD

#85 Oct 13, 2008
Ok, here are two trades that would shore up two bad spots for the Ravens.

Trade a 3rd rounder for Lito Sheppard

Trade a 2nd rounder for Receiver Roy "Stretch the Field" Williams

Don't say that its too much to trade for these two guys. By the time a 2nd and 3rd rounder will start producing will be 3-4 years down the road and thats only if the picks are good and thats not saying much because Ozzie would be drafting them!

The trades are just waiting to happen! Make them today! Both those guys are still young and it would help our weak spots...

Oh, thats right, Sheppard and Williams make big coin and Bisciotti won't spend those bucks!

Maybe Bisciotti will go cheap and sign Duane Starks and Freddie Mitchell!
Mike

Norfolk, VA

#86 Oct 13, 2008
James Harrison wrote:
I am so glad I found this blog- all the ratbird fans on espn fled after the Indy "game" yesterday, though I am glad I don't have to read anymore of this "#1 Defense" garbage.
Hey James....the Ravens were supposed to suck this year. Big deal, the Colts beat a team with a Rookie QB and 4th and 5th string Cornerbacks.

Many here have known that 5 wins this year would be wishful thinking.

Now...let me ask you a**hole. Whats your excuse? Didnt you lose to the Bears ...AND...the Jags??

Hmmmm...two loses already this year. One of which is a Div Opponent, AND you still have to play the Titans TWICE and the Steelers AND the Jags in Jaxville.

Looks to me like your simple ass will be on the sofa at home, just like the rest of the Colts and thier fans...watching the SB.

JUST LIKE THE RAVENS.

Since: Oct 08

Holland, MI

#87 Oct 13, 2008
James Harrison wrote:
I am so glad I found this blog- all the ratbird fans on espn fled after the Indy "game" yesterday, though I am glad I don't have to read anymore of this "#1 Defense" garbage.
Yeah!! How 'bout them Bears their defense looked great yesterday! Oh wait they got beat by a ROOKIE, how bout them Cubs!! Oh wait they got swept AGAIN, how bout them White Sox!! Oh wait they got beat by the Tampa Gays last week. How bout the Failing Illini!! Oh damn they got stomped my hapless bottom feeder Minnesota.....dude see a pattern here? Get real clown and stay off this website.

“Orioles, Colts, Bullets ”

Since: Apr 08

Brewster, NY

#88 Oct 13, 2008
Attila the Hon wrote:
Yesterday I had hoped to watch an inspiring Ravens upset victory. Instead I ended up "sleeping with my eyes open" in front of the television for three hours.
"Manning...Harrison...(si gh) touchdown."
"Manning...Wayne...(sigh) touchdown."
My fellow Ravens fans, now is NOT the time to panic!
The Indianapolis fans are definitely the creepiest in the NFL. When their team has the ball, it's as though they're watching The Masters. No one makes a noise, no one even moves for fear of making even the tiniest of noises. In other NFL stadiums, at least you hear a murmur from the home crowd. When the visiting team has the ball, the Indy fans seems to need a cue from the scoreboards & recorded crowd noises pumped into the sound system.
GO RAVENS! BEAT MIAMI! I am NOT accepting defeat next Sunday!
<quoted text>
OH I WISH YOU'D SHUT UP!
Only because the truth hurts.
Bajadad

Baltimore, MD

#89 Oct 13, 2008
FireTrembley wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental midgets like Bart Scott and company probably. They do not do well with adversity.
LOL - FT accusing someone else of being a mental midget. He who proves day after day and post after post how little he knows about sports, and especially how to run a team. Too funny!
FireTrembley

United States

#90 Oct 13, 2008
Orioles Fan From New York wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because the truth hurts.
Heard you got that medal in the special olympics.
FireTrembley

United States

#91 Oct 13, 2008
Bajadad wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - FT accusing someone else of being a mental midget. He who proves day after day and post after post how little he knows about sports, and especially how to run a team. Too funny!
Funny how my prediction about the Colts game was dead on. You along with your homerish brethren were completely OWNED!!! And Bart Scott is only smart in comparison to morons like you.
John

Ambler, PA

#92 Oct 13, 2008
I can understand fans from Baltimore being upset with the Isiray family but to hate the Colts because of what a deceased man did in 1984 is really stupid. The players on this Colt team were either not born or in grade school when that happened.
Leroy

United States

#93 Oct 13, 2008
Listen here guys i'm a die hard ravens fan and always will be, but for some reason Flacco just seems like he dosent have that fire or passion...I'm sorry but he just looked so gittery and scared...matt ryan played againt a tougher bears D yesterday and with 11 seconds put his team in possesion to win the game, Flacco couldn't even get past the 20 yard line until the 3rd quater and thats colts were playing soft...
1st-drive..run,pass,pass(int)
2nd-drive..pass,pass,pass
3rd-drive..runpass,pass(fumble )..????
wasen't this colts team last in the league against the run???
i hate watching Willis and McClain trying to shake every defender instead of just putting there head down running stright.. we should have went with rice from the beggining..the colts always have tough time against short and fast RB's...like jones-drew and fred taylor or LT...
FireTrembley

United States

#94 Oct 13, 2008
Leroy wrote:
Listen here guys i'm a die hard ravens fan and always will be, but for some reason Flacco just seems like he dosent have that fire or passion...I'm sorry but he just looked so gittery and scared...matt ryan played againt a tougher bears D yesterday and with 11 seconds put his team in possesion to win the game, Flacco couldn't even get past the 20 yard line until the 3rd quater and thats colts were playing soft...
1st-drive..run,pass,pass(int)
2nd-drive..pass,pass,pass
3rd-drive..runpass,pass(fumble )..????
wasen't this colts team last in the league against the run???
i hate watching Willis and McClain trying to shake every defender instead of just putting there head down running stright.. we should have went with rice from the beggining..the colts always have tough time against short and fast RB's...like jones-drew and fred taylor or LT...
Leroy...clearly you're talking out of your rear. If anything Flacco looks too calm out there...people take it for a lack of caring. He's the furthest thing from "gittery". He's made mistakes, but he was playing against D1-AA competition this time last year. Pretty sure DC has there own garbage QB to worry about so why don't you leave Flacco to us.
Bajadad

Baltimore, MD

#95 Oct 13, 2008
FT - what kind of work do you do for a living? How can you be someone who come in contact with other people during the day? Are you a janitor, a night watchman? Seriously, how can one person have such a negative view of everyone else, and literally "get off" by trying to prove what he thinks he knows. You are one sad, very sad mofo.
IBG

Sykesville, MD

#96 Oct 13, 2008
jpp wrote:
<quoted text>
You're smacking the QB because of a defense problem. Game plan was changed after we fell behind 17 pts. Not Flacco's fault. Learn some football before you talk.
Your exactly right. Thanks i'm glad there is one more ravens fan atleast that doesnt turn on the team completely. Because those people are NOT fans
Harbaugh Must Go

Pasadena, MD

#97 Oct 13, 2008
IBG - We're not fans because we're passionate about our team and we're not yes men? Ain't nobody turning, we're just saying what we are seeing. I guess you think Chris Mac had a field day against the Colts? That MacGahee is quite the running back? That Hardballs is a tremendous "one year removed from being a special teams coach" head coach? That Frank Walker knows how to tackle? I bet your boss loves you at work! Yes Mr. Boss, the sky is green, Yes Mr. Boss, the toilet paper is kinda rough...
IRONRIDER

Melbourne, FL

#98 Oct 13, 2008
Karma wrote:
It's always nice to see your stolen franchise lose to the "Colts"! The sickening embrace of the team you stole from Cleveland has always amazed me. Soulless corporate fools. If real Colts fans from the 50's and 60's could observe you idiots paying for seat licenses and $150 a game, they would be dumbfounded. Yes, I know, some of you were real Colts fans...you are the saddest ones of all....
HEY DIRT BAG GO F..K YOURSELF ALONG WITH THE REST OF YOUR INDY DIRTBAGS
Ravens Dale

Indianapolis, IN

#99 Oct 13, 2008
Let's face it, Manning and the Colts are just better than us. We'll never win another Super Bowl as long as Manning is in the league.
eryr

Columbia, MD

#100 Oct 13, 2008
Flacco bites! Put in Troy Smith he can't be any worse!
Oh, Sean Sheafer of Towson U. threw for 373 yds and 4 tds on Saturday; Eric and Ozzie should draft this guy in the 1st round next year - we need a QB!

“Orioles, Colts, Bullets ”

Since: Apr 08

Brewster, NY

#101 Oct 13, 2008
Ravens Dale wrote:
Let's face it, Manning and the Colts are just better than us. We'll never win another Super Bowl as long as Manning is in the league.
Cut it out, man. If you are a Colts fan, and you want to post on here, take your lumps like I do, and be honest about it. Don't pretend to be a Ravens fan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deadly Eye Contact: Freddie Gray and the Baltim... 3 min Justin Igger 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min TSM 1,220,663
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 36 min Junket 309,690
News Jonah of 'Veep' Endorses Martin O'Malley Over H... 57 min I See The Moon 1
News Hogan focuses on unfinished business 1 hr Gary 1
Chimpouts coming to Baltimore ?. 2 hr Justin Igger 1
Baltimore Md Social Security Admin Can Stop Pro... 2 hr Red_Dragon 15
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]