Someone stole my package which delive...

Someone stole my package which delivered viaFedEx.

Posted in the Baltimore Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tlo

Baltimore, MD

#1 Feb 28, 2007
I live in Baltimore, and I ordered clothings from CA. The retailer sent the package via FedEx.
As you know, There had been a snow and ice storm the precedind evening and the morning of 14th. My landlord and I were at home because the office and school were closed that day.The FedEx website showed the package already delivered on 3:24 P.M. 14th Feb 2007. But no one knocked our door for the delivery. The most ridiculous thing is FedEx has my signature on their website.
My landlord asked our neighbors about who signed the package for me. But none of them signed for a package form FedEx. And one of our neighbors told my landlord that she was also home all day on Wednesday, 14th February, 2007, and that FedEx delivered a package for her that the dilivery person left on her front porch without bothering to knock or obtain her signature. She did not see the delivery of a package to our home.
And now I need to follow the claim and wait for the answer. I spent $400 and got nothing.
FedEx and retailer told me "Just wait!"
And I paid the money one month ago,then I still need to wait?
I dont know what I can do now ?
I dont know why I spent so much money to delivery via FedEx just because they have Signature Required.
But maybe it means that it is legal for FedEx or some else to sign for me?
Please give me some suggestions.
Nikki M

Moorestown, NJ

#2 Feb 28, 2007
I would contact a lawyer, and inform the better business bureau.
tlo

Baltimore, MD

#3 Feb 28, 2007
I am international student and i am not familiar with the law here.
I dont know how much I need to pay for a lawyer and how long it take.
tlo

Baltimore, MD

#4 Mar 1, 2007
Today, when I was in class, there was FedEx driver knocking my door. My landlord was at home. The driver asked her that does a Chinese person (me) live here? He was doing the FedEx investigation. After he knew I was not home, he asked her to sign a paper which he said he DID NOT know what is that for. My landlord read the paper and found that it said "I (where he ask her to sign) received the package". My landlord refuse to sign that paper and the driver left.She told me what happened after I came home. She felt so shame that American treat me, a foreigner, like this. He absolutely knew about the paper, he just wanted to trick me.
tlo

Baltimore, MD

#5 Mar 7, 2007
I called the FedEx agent today, because they told me today I will know the result of the claim.
But the claim agent told me that he can provide information only to the shipper, not to the receiver. So I need to call the retailer, and asked the retailor to call FedEx.

Finally, FedEx approved the claim, but I need to wait another week to hope the package will be delievered without they lost my package again.
I ordered this package on 8th Feb, I wish I could get this next Wed.
Becky

United States

#6 May 5, 2007
Fedex delivered a package to my house. I had a house guest that was waiting for my kids to get home (she was locked out) well, fedex said that they handed my package to a women on the porch and they described her perfectly. My house guest denies even seeing any fedex delivery person. They didn't even ask her for a signature. All they said she said was "i've been waiting all day for this" I am so upset. the package was my cingular palm treo cell phone. Now what?

Since: Mar 07

Davenport, IA

#7 May 7, 2007
Maybe it would be better to have your stuff delivered to another address or your work address.

Since: Mar 07

Bethesda, MD

#8 May 8, 2007
hmm this is odd...

i always have things delivered to my work address and the fed ex and ups drivers always ask for a signature...

to becky - The fed ex driver described your house guest perfectly, but she denied seeing them? wierd.

Since: May 07

corwin,az

#9 May 8, 2007
Always make sure the person sending REQUESTS a signature. It is an option, usually the clerk asks. It's free. If they leave it anyway they are wholly responsible for the declared value.
Gary

Newington, CT

#10 May 9, 2007
Not so . FedEx allows the drivers to deliver packages to neighbors. If the neighbor accepts the package , FedEx is NOT responsible.

Since: May 07

corwin,az

#11 May 9, 2007
Gary wrote:
Not so . FedEx allows the drivers to deliver packages to neighbors. If the neighbor accepts the package , FedEx is NOT responsible.
But one also has the option of requesting the recipients signature and no other. And the neighbor HAS to sign. If the driver does not request identification from the neighbor, which fedex does not require them to do, then by federal commerce regulations fedex is liable for basically sub-contracting the neighbors labor to complete the delivery.

The fine print of fedex may state that they are allowed to deliver to a neighbor though they oft fail to tell you they are required by law to compensate the unwitting neighbor for their trouble and they also assume the liablility of the sub-contracted neighbors' care of your package.

We use Fedex, and will continue to. But if the delivery guy asks you to accept for your neighbor, ask them how much it pays for you to assume liability for the item AND to complete the delivery persons job for them.

Ask your sender to require your signature and no other if you don't want it left at the door or accepted by someone else. If they do anyway, they are liable for the declared value if you don't receive it.
Will

Baltimore, MD

#12 May 18, 2007
badacal3 wrote:
<quoted text>
But one also has the option of requesting the recipients signature and no other. And the neighbor HAS to sign. If the driver does not request identification from the neighbor, which fedex does not require them to do, then by federal commerce regulations fedex is liable for basically sub-contracting the neighbors labor to complete the delivery.
The fine print of fedex may state that they are allowed to deliver to a neighbor though they oft fail to tell you they are required by law to compensate the unwitting neighbor for their trouble and they also assume the liablility of the sub-contracted neighbors' care of your package.
We use Fedex, and will continue to. But if the delivery guy asks you to accept for your neighbor, ask them how much it pays for you to assume liability for the item AND to complete the delivery persons job for them.
Ask your sender to require your signature and no other if you don't want it left at the door or accepted by someone else. If they do anyway, they are liable for the declared value if you don't receive it.
Agreed, badacal3.

FedEx's policy may be to DISCLAIM liability for any alleged misdelivery and FedEx may even publish its policy to customers as a sort of advance warning to them of what FedEx's position will be in case a claim arises, but if a customer can in fact PROVE the goods were not receieved without customer fault, the law trumps FedEx's attempt to disclaim the results of its own negligence or the negligence of its employees. I would think it pretty easy for a customer to prove that his/her valid signature was never given.

In addition to calling the Better Business Bureau, my first call would be to the State Attorney General's Office, Consumer Protection Division. And if payment to the retailer was made by credit card, also promptly contact the credit card company; federal law encourages the card company to resolve disputes resulting from credit card purchases under certain circumstances -- if the customer didn't have the option of requesting delivery only with his/her signature, this move may pressure the retailer to try to satisfy the customer.

In the end, though, any investigation and processing of the issue will take a reasonable amount of time -- the shipper is entitled to that in order to resolve the issue.
Ken

United States

#13 May 24, 2007
I recently sent coins to a buyer which bought them from me for over $400. When they arrived from fedex, not only did they leave them on his door step. The package was busted open and all of the coins were missing. He filed a claim against fedex and they picked the package up from him and they are sending it back to me. What are my options? The holder for the coins are still in the package, and the coins were stolen. I feel like I need to file a police report!! I refunded the money to the buyer, so where and when do I get my money? Any advise?
Becky

La Palma, CA

#14 Jun 24, 2007
okay, my so-called friend finally admitted that she took the package and then made up a weird story as to why. I called fedex and told them that the phone ended up on my porch and they said, something to the effect of, "whatever". They also said that they had another delivery for me. I asked them to leave with my neighbor and they wouldn't do that. So, I just went to Fedex and picked up my package.
Adriana Franco

Concord, CA

#15 Jun 10, 2008
My viaFedex nbr is 974444881436 I want to know when exclty will my shippment come to my house thanks.
Karen

Atlanta, GA

#16 Apr 6, 2010
I ordered some clothes from Gap and had them express 2-day shipped via FedEx.

I live in a large apartment community and every other time FedEx has always delivered to my leasing office, sometimes not even stopping by my apartment to see if I'm home.

FedEx delivered the package this time at my front door-but I wasn't home. Someone stole my package. I figured this out when I got home and checked the order status. The status being "Delivered at front door".

I called FedEx and they said it was the Gap's problem, not theirs. I called the Gap and they are replacing the clothes. However I want FedEx to take some responsibility for this--is there anything more I can do?
anon

Noblesville, IN

#17 Apr 21, 2010
No, there is not anything you can do to fedex to "teach them a lesson." It is not your job to act as judge, jury and executioner. You are getting your items and that is all you need to be worried about. PS I hate FedEx, you are just wrong.
Meeeee2

Denver, CO

#18 Jul 24, 2010
anon wrote:
No, there is not anything you can do to fedex to "teach them a lesson." It is not your job to act as judge, jury and executioner. You are getting your items and that is all you need to be worried about. PS I hate FedEx, you are just wrong.
wow nice apathy, provides lots of hope for the world. Don't listen to Knob from Knobsville, don't be satisfied with fedex because the retailer took responsibility. contact consumer affairs and the BBB as many times as it happens the more complaints the faster red flags will go up and investigations begin. You have to report it though to push the numbers above the average threshold set for general allowable complaints.
Cecilia

Taipei, Taiwan

#19 Oct 4, 2010
dear Karen
how is that end up? Because I had same experience last week. How can I do?
Joe Blow

United States

#20 Oct 16, 2012
tlo wrote:
I am international student and i am not familiar with the law here.
I dont know how much I need to pay for a lawyer and how long it take.
Then why the hell answer a question if you don't know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Snowball the Elep... 1,274,387
Review: Around The States Moving & Storage 9 hr williamr85 12
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Mother Mcreeeeee 20,096
Sex with Molly 19 hr jiz 1
News Shopping for Afro-Caribbean ingredients in Balt... 23 hr jimi-yank 5
News Maryland prepares for big boost in victim servi... Wed reality is a crutch 3
News Baltimore Gets $3.7M for Lead Removal Wed reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages