Former Md. lt. governor speaks out for same-sex marriage

Aug 7, 2012 Full story: Delaware Beachcomber

In this Aug. 7, 2012 photo, Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, former lieutenant governor of Maryland, speaks in Baltimore in support of a same-sex marriage law in Maryland, where the law has been petitioned to the ballot for voters to decide in November.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1 Aug 8, 2012
Right wing christians simply do not like our constitution because it allows citizens freedom that are against their perceived god. They refuse to recognize what the first amendment actually states because then they would have to say yes we are wrong.

But if they were actually that concerned about their "traditional marriage" then they would be lobbying to make divorce illegal, ban convicted felons from the right to marriage and ban alcohol which is the number one leading cause of strife in American families.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#2 Aug 8, 2012
Jalene in the wild wrote:
Right wing christians simply do not like our constitution because it allows citizens freedom that are against their perceived god. They refuse to recognize what the first amendment actually states because then they would have to say yes we are wrong.
But if they were actually that concerned about their "traditional marriage" then they would be lobbying to make divorce illegal, ban convicted felons from the right to marriage and ban alcohol which is the number one leading cause of strife in American families.
I read an interesting quote the other day. "Tradition is what we call something when we have forgotten why we do it". I can't remember where I read it, so I, unfortunately, cannot give credit at this time.
david traversa

Argentina

#3 Aug 8, 2012
Jalene in the wild wrote:
THE TRUTH in a nutshell..
david traversa

Argentina

#4 Aug 8, 2012
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
I read an interesting quote the other day. "Tradition is what we call something when we have forgotten why we do it". I can't remember where I read it, so I, unfortunately, cannot give credit at this time.
Right!.. Tradition is "the last bad performance", the great Arturo Toscanini called it..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,115,869
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 31 min Junket 305,855
Who do you support for Governor in Maryland in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr OMalley has failed 187
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr WARRIOR 19,292
Saving your pennies and my vegetarian minestro... 14 hr Susan 1
gay in Towson Maryland Tue mdtowson 2
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Sep 28 IMGKNEE 120,156
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match

Baltimore Jobs

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]