Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326013 Jul 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
BTW - the intrusion of Government in our lives is all over this......they are making it legal to murder their own citizens.
It's literally the OPPOSITE of government intrusion.

And citizenship isn't given until birth, so you're wrong there too.

Location hidden

#326015 Jul 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
So murdering a baby a few days before the child is born is not intrusion?
You can't tell the difference between a woman and her doctor...and the government?
SevenTee wrote:
I really do not care for weak minded people such as you. You are a filthy liar
I'm neither weak minded nor a liar. You're the one who thinks the government staying away from a subject is government intrusion.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#326016 Jul 27, 2014
The_Box wrote:
It's literally the OPPOSITE of government intrusion. And citizenship isn't given until birth, so you're wrong there too.
And how is forcing employers to pay for their employee's birth control and abortion, not government intrusion? Why can't I choose to work for an employer that shares my values without government dictating what kind of health insurance I buy?

Location hidden

#326017 Jul 27, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
And how is forcing employers to pay for their employee's birth control and abortion, not government intrusion?
Healthcare coverage mandates are a form of government intrusion. Employers aren't forced to pay for any abortions, however.
Brian_G wrote:
Why can't I choose to work for an employer that shares my values without government dictating what kind of health insurance I buy?
You can work for whatever employer you like. And you don't have to use any medications you don't want to.

The government is trying to make sure everyone has access to good healthcare coverage.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326018 Jul 27, 2014
You get'em, girl!

The sad thing is that, no matter how off-the-wall you get, the real anti-vaxxers can still go further down Fucwit Rd.

I recommend this site:
http://www.americanloons.blogspot.com/

It's a collection of wingnuts and dingbats, everything from anti-vaxxers to creationists to religious zealots. It's impossible to quantify the amount of pure crazy out there that's not getting treated.
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>In case you scroll past comments not directed at you, I will repeat what I said to John. You're welcome
This person is not pro-life. This person is pro-choice. Do you want to know why I know this? It's because this pro-choice guy/gal is doing his/her best to make a pro-life person look really, really stupid. No, this "pro-life" person does not make any sense. I don't read their posts anymore because of it. This person wants everyone to think they're stupid, when in actual fact, this supposed "pro-life" person is a genius in regards to their 'true' stance.
Bravo "Forum"!
I think I will go on another hot topic forum, and proclaim I'm a total anti-vaxxer, when in actual fact, I'm very pro. I will make myself look very stupid, I won't be able to be reasoned with, and I will use "vaccines cause Autism" as my main view point. I will misspell words, I will text talk, and I will make it hard for a pro-vaccine person to understand me, forcing them to write me off as being a complete moron.(as pretty much all anti-vaxxers are) That will be my goal. The pro-vaccine side won't see this right away, and it will be frustrating, but eventually I will be chalked up to being an idiot, which will again, be my goal! Anti vaxxers are idiots, and I will happily be an example of that!
Thank you "Forum" for this new approach on getting my opinion across through demonstrating stupidity on the side I don't agree with. You're a freakin genius.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326019 Jul 27, 2014
Government intrusion means the government forces or forbids you to do something. Abortion is a person making a choice. The only intrusion involved--or supposed to be involved--is in the 3rd trimester.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the most vile hate filled person I have ever seen on these threads, and that is saying something.
Anyone who justifies murder of children is not worthy of a response from me.
Anyone who is "troubled" but turns around and makes justifications is a really really sick disgusting person. In short go to he11
BTW - the intrusion of Government in our lives is all over this......they are making it legal to murder their own citizens. I can't think of anything more intrusive than killing people.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#326020 Jul 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Government intrusion means the government forces or forbids you to do something. Abortion is a person making a choice. The only intrusion involved--or supposed to be involved--is in the 3rd trimester.
<quoted text>
It's pretty obvious that even Seven Tee hasno rebuttal to John K's assertions, so instead, he/she has "killed the messenger" as it were.

I wish the SCPL would figure out how to debate without resorting to ad hom.
*Sigh*

“Red Haired Agnostic”

Since: Jul 14

Manchester

#326021 Jul 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the most vile hate filled person I have ever seen on these threads, and that is saying something.
Anyone who is "troubled" but turns around and makes justifications is a really really sick disgusting person. In short go to he11
BTW - the intrusion of Government in our lives is all over this......they are making it legal to murder their own citizens. I can't think of anything more intrusive than killing people.
You're worried about Government in our lives but have no problem with your brand of mythology being in our lives, or dictating right or wrong, ay?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#326022 Jul 27, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't tell the difference between a woman and her doctor...and the government?
<quoted text>
I'm neither weak minded nor a liar. You're the one who thinks the government staying away from a subject is government intrusion.
Physians bkom kriminals with what th y praktis .
Only th Almighty knows whn it is wrong.
From shots to giving birth.
W will kontinu to bliv in thm until w lrn not to.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#326023 Jul 27, 2014
"Brian_G"
superstition is for the irrational.

same as religion

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#326024 Jul 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? John K is the most vile, hate filled person you have ever seen on these threads? OMG, you do see only what you want to see, don't you?
Dudette, I don't appreciate being so easily kicked off my throne. I am the most hateful, and vile person here. C'mon now, you've seen me at my 'best'.
Anyone who is "troubled" but turns around and makes justifications is a really really sick disgusting person?
Okay, I read that, now think of it this way, do you think pro-choice people are all jumping in the street singing Queens "Another One Bites the Dust". Is that what you think? I'm getting the impression that that's how you see us. It's your mind!
I would like to personally apologize to you for having a problem with women/girls going in for an abortion past a certain due date because they changed their mind. I'm a tad surprised you would chastise someone for that, but okay. Would you prefer if people in the 'gray' weren't so gray anymore? Because I'll tell you what, this issue is so gray you'd be hard pressed to find anyone completely black or completely white, and if you do, I think 'both' are a little bit looney.(as most would..... accept for the little bit looney themselves.)
Just so that we're clear..... should I not want you to respond to me in anyway, all I have to do is "Anyone who justifies murder of children is not worthy of a response from me."
Justify a murder of a child? Noted!

Location hidden

#326025 Jul 27, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Good point, I'm pro GMO, pro vaccine and believe OrganicŪ is too expensive; superstition is for the irrational.
I don't agree with everything you write but I defend your right to say it and heartily endorse your support of vaccination science.
Vice versa.

And just so that you know, I do knock on wood when I say something I hope doesn't come true....throw spilled salt over my shoulder,,,, c'mon admit, you do it too!

Location hidden

#326026 Jul 27, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
You get'em, girl!
The sad thing is that, no matter how off-the-wall you get, the real anti-vaxxers can still go further down Fucwit Rd.
I recommend this site:
http://www.americanloons.blogspot.com/
It's a collection of wingnuts and dingbats, everything from anti-vaxxers to creationists to religious zealots. It's impossible to quantify the amount of pure crazy out there that's not getting treated.
<quoted text>
I just need directions to the anti-vaxxer's haunts. lol But thank you!

Location hidden

#326027 Jul 27, 2014
godless by choice wrote:
"Brian_G"
superstition is for the irrational.
same as religion
A lot of us will disagree with you on that regarding religion. But this isn't the place for that!
martinferrys

Pittsburgh, PA

#326028 Jul 27, 2014

Amazing this is only a Comment & opion website,,nothin Personal.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326029 Jul 28, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Really? John K is the most vile, hate filled person you have ever seen on these threads? OMG, you do see only what you want to see, don't you?
Dudette, I don't appreciate being so easily kicked off my throne. I am the most hateful, and vile person here. C'mon now, you've seen me at my 'best'.
Anyone who is "troubled" but turns around and makes justifications is a really really sick disgusting person?
Okay, I read that, now think of it this way, do you think pro-choice people are all jumping in the street singing Queens "Another One Bites the Dust". Is that what you think? I'm getting the impression that that's how you see us. It's your mind!
I would like to personally apologize to you for having a problem with women/girls going in for an abortion past a certain due date because they changed their mind. I'm a tad surprised you would chastise someone for that, but okay. Would you prefer if people in the 'gray' weren't so gray anymore? Because I'll tell you what, this issue is so gray you'd be hard pressed to find anyone completely black or completely white, and if you do, I think 'both' are a little bit looney.(as most would..... accept for the little bit looney themselves.)
Just so that we're clear..... should I not want you to respond to me in anyway, all I have to do is "Anyone who justifies murder of children is not worthy of a response from me."
Justify a murder of a child? Noted!
""""" Because I'll tell you what, this issue is so gray you'd be hard pressed to find anyone completely black or completely white, and if you do, I think 'both' are a little bit looney.(as most would..... accept for the little bit looney themselves.)""" ""

How in the world can anyone find themselves in a gray area regarding elective abortion? You either support elective abortion which sums up to giving a woman complete control over her pregnancy or you do not. REAL simple. NO restrictions involved-abort on demand til the baby i completely out of the moms body or not. REAL simple.

People who find themselves in this "gray" area are nothing more than cowards and bullsh*tters. They want mom to have full control but they really don't. They don't think that baby deserves protection/rights but then they do after the restriction deadline.

Say what you mean,mean what you say or don't expect anyone to have any respect for your immature,inconsistent, talking out of both sides of your mouth,opinion.

Oh and FTR,you've insulted many on your proabort side by calling them looneys for agreeing with giving a woman a choice to electively abort til month 9 of the pregnancy. I think that it is hysterical that not ONE will call you out on it. Expected,but still.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326030 Jul 28, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>In case you scroll past comments not directed at you, I will repeat what I said to John. You're welcome
This person is not pro-life. This person is pro-choice. Do you want to know why I know this? It's because this pro-choice guy/gal is doing his/her best to make a pro-life person look really, really stupid. No, this "pro-life" person does not make any sense. I don't read their posts anymore because of it. This person wants everyone to think they're stupid, when in actual fact, this supposed "pro-life" person is a genius in regards to their 'true' stance.
Bravo "Forum"!
I think I will go on another hot topic forum, and proclaim I'm a total anti-vaxxer, when in actual fact, I'm very pro. I will make myself look very stupid, I won't be able to be reasoned with, and I will use "vaccines cause Autism" as my main view point. I will misspell words, I will text talk, and I will make it hard for a pro-vaccine person to understand me, forcing them to write me off as being a complete moron.(as pretty much all anti-vaxxers are) That will be my goal. The pro-vaccine side won't see this right away, and it will be frustrating, but eventually I will be chalked up to being an idiot, which will again, be my goal! Anti vaxxers are idiots, and I will happily be an example of that!
Thank you "Forum" for this new approach on getting my opinion across through demonstrating stupidity on the side I don't agree with. You're a freakin genius.
""""" forcing them to write me off as being a complete moron.(as pretty much all anti-vaxxers are"""" ""

So all anti-vaxxers are morons? Anyone who disagrees with you is a moron? Interesting. I suppose you've done much research on this and not just had this idea shoved down your throat? mhm.

Oh nooooooo! This COULD cause a problem here.

Playa? Aren't you anti-vax?

Lala is anti-HPV vax.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326031 Jul 28, 2014
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1049781/can-my-b...
http://www.today.com/parents/unborn-babies-ar...

Here are some interesting reads about the "baby" in the womb
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326032 Jul 28, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
and THAT is okay with you? I don't hear you saying anything about that or anyone who claims to be pro-choice,agreeing with intruding on a woman choosing to abort electively after her "deadline".

There are woman who find out that they are pregnant late in the pregnancy for the first time. There are woman who may find themselves in a desperate situation and feel that abortion is best for them.
There are women who abort their husband or bf's child after they find out that they've been unfaithful.

Yet,.......they can't electively abort and MOST of you who consider yourselves in favor of a woman choosing for her "body",her pregnancy,are in agreence. They suddenly want her fetus to have MORE rights then she does.

SOMEONE explain please. Insults not required.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326033 Jul 28, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
The ruling was that Hobby Lobby did not have to cover 4 particular forms of BC because they held the belief that they caused abortions. The ruling also stated that it did not matter if the belief was false.
Therefore, it must follow that a corporation could believe that blood pressure medication (or anything else) causes abortions and get an exemption from covering them.
<quoted text>
None of the 4 forms of BC they objected to induce abortions. None.
<quoted text>
Contraception is a common welfare issue. It's well established that the population having easy and cheap access to birth control is good for society. It significantly reduces unwanted pregnancies.
""""" None of the 4 forms of BC they objected to induce abortions. None""""

Untrue.

""""" "" It significantly reduces unwanted pregnancies""" """"

Untrue.

Over half of recorded abortions done where done on woman who claimed to have used bc. The rest didn't which shows that access to birth control doesn't significantly reduce unwanted pregancies.

Outlaw abortion and you will see how QUICKLY birth control is used AND when used,used properly which CLEARLY shows the irresponsible,immature actions on behalf of those who want to risk pregnancy which will end up the killing their child for an orgasm.

Abstain when fertile to avoid pregnancy???? PFFFT...unHEARD of. Simply impossible. Noooo way!!! Preventive care just seems unrealistic these days. Why would it when abortion is available. We can justify our out of control actions today and play victim of our circumstances and womanhood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Lily Boca Raton Fl 1,220,137
Police Rough Rides: Deliberate Harm to Mr Gray ... 3 hr Minneserable 2
Baltimore Md Social Security Admin Can Stop Pro... 4 hr American_Military 12
How About Stop Black on Black Murders? 5 hr Minneserable 5
News More Details Emerge in Arrest of Freddie Gray 5 hr Minneserable 15
Choosing a Restaurant for Dinner 8 hr Hungry Women 1
News Best Movies Filmed In Baltimore 9 hr Samantha 1
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]