Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314698 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#324602 May 4, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Awww.
Whatsamatter hon - not gettin' any?
Or did your girlfriend break up with you, right before she decided not to stay pregnant with the fetus you planted?
The best way to avoid that sort of thing, is KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS, until you know she wants to carry a pregnancy you contribute to.
Slut.
Next....
BTW, what does it matter what drifting to sleep thinks? Really? Obviously he doesn't really have a clue, and is making these statements to take an emotional stab at you for an emotional response.

Amuse him. Why not?

Location hidden

#324603 May 4, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Murder of the unborn is everyone's business. My arguments are for morality, not changing the law.
Adoption is life, abortion is death.
I understand why you feel that way. You regard life as precious from the beginning, just the same as how I would feel if I see some guy murdering an old lady on the street. Yes, that is everyone's business, however, there aren't any laws being broken, the majority of people don't regard 'this' as murder.

Feel free to speak up against it, it is your right, but don't expect any minds to change on the subject at standing. I mean you can change minds on the subject, I just don't really see that happening HERE.

So what can you do about it as a regular citizen? Vote, let your opinion be known, act on it without breaking the law, and do your best.

The pro-choice side will do the same.

Fight for what YOU believe is right, and you can hope for the best. And we'll do the same.

Location hidden

#324604 May 4, 2014
What I meant by "we'll" is the pro choice side will do the same.

Location hidden

#324606 May 4, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Morality isn't defined by gender.
But in this case it's pretty much gender that's making the decision whether you believe it's moral or not.

I know the majority of the gender making the laws...... but... you know what I mean.

Location hidden

#324607 May 4, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I do think it ultimately comes down to control and power.
I don't think that. Not really. I get where you're coming from though.

It's not that they want to take power, and control, over the woman, that's just a side effect from (in their opinion) saving a life. They regard the power, and control a woman has, as not as important as saving the life she is carrying. Temporarily take over the power, and control, so that a life is saved. I think that's it really.

So ya, it comes down to power, and control, but not for the reasons one may think.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#324609 May 4, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Morality isn't defined by gender.
Who said it is? All people have the right to make autonomous, private medical decisions. Of course, being an in intelligent person, you understand that you don't get to define morality, since morality isn't a concrete concept. You do what you want regarding your personal medical matters. Everyone else will make their own decisions.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#324610 May 4, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think that. Not really. I get where you're coming from though.
It's not that they want to take power, and control, over the woman, that's just a side effect from (in their opinion) saving a life. They regard the power, and control a woman has, as not as important as saving the life she is carrying. Temporarily take over the power, and control, so that a life is saved. I think that's it really.
So ya, it comes down to power, and control, but not for the reasons one may think.
Whatever their rationale, they don't get to do it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#324611 May 4, 2014
Anita Mandelay wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa ! Wait a second playa. If we expect that of men then we should be prepared to deal with the consequences. Now that's OK for you to say since you haven't been fertile since Carter was in office. But me ? I'm not prepared to do without the ol' bracciole until I want to carry a pregnancy. I want it high, hard and often thank you. And with the option to legally dispose of the resulting life should something happen I'm not ready for.
Then let every man you sleep with know you don't care to carry a pregnancy, and that if one happens, you'll consider the option of an abortion.

If he zips up immediately, there are always toys to get you through the night.

Trapping a man with a pregnancy, or threatening him with an abortion if he doesn't marry you is despicable behavior - but if he knows up front what he's dealing with, he can make an informed choice.

That's all I'm saying. If you can't take that heat, stay out of the kitchen, honey.
And by the way? I'm still fertile as hell. But my ol' man's been shooting blanks since Nixon.
Next.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#324612 May 4, 2014
You are harassing women for making a choice you happen to dislike but have NO say in whatsoever. In many cases, you're harassing women who aren't even getting an abortion. Mind your own goddamn business.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that? We are protecting the most innocent human beings who are about to be killed. Do you have issues with life?
Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

#324613 May 4, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
You are harassing women for making a choice you happen to dislike but have NO say in whatsoever. In many cases, you're harassing women who aren't even getting an abortion. Mind your own goddamn business.
<quoted text>
Innocent life is everyone's business. Just because you don't have a problem with it doesn't mean no one has legitimate complaints about the institutionalizing of the process.
Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

#324614 May 4, 2014
I would also like to know what the percentage of women have abortions then later regret it. You don't think that can destroy a woman's mind?.
Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

#324615 May 4, 2014
I would also like to know if a woman loses her sense of innocence after an abortion?. Does she feel dirty and somehow evil afterwords?. Does this cause women to have mental problems?.
Anita Mandelay

AOL

#324616 May 5, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Then let every man you sleep with know you don't care to carry a pregnancy, and that if one happens, you'll consider the option of an abortion.
If he zips up immediately, there are always toys to get you through the night.
"If" he zips up.? You directed him to. There are no "if's" here.
I'm not lookin' to just get through the night here granny. I want to be ridden like Amtrak, long and often. Your advice to men isnt helping me.
Trapping a man with a pregnancy, or threatening him with an abortion if he doesn't marry you is despicable behavior - but if he knows up front what he's dealing with, he can make an informed choice.
Your directive was clear. Keep it in your pants if their woman said she was not willing to carry a pregnancy. There was no "choice" involved.
That's all I'm saying. If you can't take that heat, stay out of the kitchen, honey.
And by the way? I'm still fertile as hell.

You need to contact the Guinness Book of World Records then.
But my ol' man's been shooting blanks since Nixon.
Next.
The fairy.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#324617 May 5, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
There should be a comma after "second".
Do endeavor to learn proper punctuation before you even think about lecturing others.
That was Siri's fault, not mine. I dictated it properly.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#324618 May 5, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent life is everyone's business. Just because you don't have a problem with it doesn't mean no one has legitimate complaints about the institutionalizing of the process.
Of course innocent life is everyone's business. But, just like in any business and/or corporation, only a selected few are the ones who make the decisions for that "business."

You being the equivalent of the janitor, with regard to a woman's right to have an abortion, are a far cry from having any decision making authority in that "business."

The only ones with the power to decide in that "business," are the pregnant woman and her doctor.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324619 May 5, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when people say shit like that - it encourages me to ask questions like:

1) What is your stance on the Octomom?

2) How do you feel about the daily destruction of thousands of IVF-created embryos, not implanted in a womb?

3) How many children have you adopted?

4) What are you doing about war, world hunger, and the destruction of the environment?

5) What are your thoughts on routine reversible sterilization at birth, for every person born?

And many others...but that's a good start.

Well, miss/mister?
Got any answers?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#324620 May 5, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
I would also like to know if a woman loses her sense of innocence after an abortion?. Does she feel dirty and somehow evil afterwords?. Does this cause women to have mental problems?.
I suggest you go ahead and get pregnant, have an abortion, then you'll be in a position to find out.

If you can't get pregnant because of your gender, either have a sex change operation, or get your wife/girlfriend pregnant and have her have an abortion.

Then you can answer from her experience.

In the interim, if you care to read about women who are not sorry for having had abortions, please peruse this site:

http://www.imnotsorry.net/category/im-not-sor...

Happy reading!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324621 May 5, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
I would also like to know what the percentage of women have abortions then later regret it. You don't think that can destroy a woman's mind?.
How many more regret giving up a child for adoption, than regret not bringing one into the world in the first place? I know several for whom relinquishing their baby, destroyed their soul - but you assholes never ask that question, do you?

How many women have kids, and later regret it? You never ask that one either.

(The answer is " A lot." But since it doesn't fit the script, no one on the SCPL side gives a good goddamn.)

Next....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324622 May 5, 2014
Drifting to sleep wrote:
No.

I have never once regretted my abortion, and I was far from 'innocent' before I had it.
Did I feel "dirty?" Hell no - I felt alive. I felt saved. I felt thankful.

Evil? How about you ask the two kids I gave birth to, whether or not their mom is 'evil' for having the abortion which allowed me to live to gestate them?

What kind of a moron are you, anyway?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#324623 May 5, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
get your wife/girlfriend pregnant and have her have an abortion.
Then you can answer from her experience.
Generally, I agree with your stance on things, but this is really shitty advice - just sayin'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 46 min Cheech the Conser... 1,548,965
Juvenile facility (Montrose School or others) i... (Aug '06) 14 hr Karen M 417
News 6 miners in Utah remain trapped - (Aug '07) Fri indict dick cheney 3
Elizabeth Warren Jun 21 Fitius T Bluster 5
work from home and earn real cash as an interne... Jun 21 sil123 1
News Memories of 'the Village,' as it used to be (Sep '08) Jun 21 Sarah 2nd Grade 16
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jun 19 Fitus T Bluster 20,945

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages