Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310344 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#322857 Mar 12, 2014
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
All it (what you put) means is that God created both man and women. But with the scripture I cited it goes on to fully mean that women must be obedient to men (husbands). I cited four varying verses to show this. So who is cherry-picking, you or me?
Btw, in the old testament did you know Moses, due to not having enough money (gold) to pay his army, paid his soldiers by giving them teen girls captured in towns they conquered? He gave them sex-slaves.
"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."
At Shiloh (a town friendly to him) Moses had his soldiers kidnap young girls that went to a vineyard to dance in a festival.
A father also had the right to sell his daughters into slavery. But my favorite is the instructions on what to do if a man on his wedding night finds out his bride isn't a virgin …..
"But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die."
There’s a lot more if you want me to put it.
Why do all monotheistic religions to varying degrees require men have dominance over, or be a step above, women? Because it drew in male followers. A lot of people are raised by the bible. Take another look at the scriptures I cited in my post before this one. There's even more than those about women must be obedient to men, how we must dress, act, & more. Does the traditional church wedding ceremony have a vow that the groom will obey the wife? No. But the bride's part has her saying she will obey the husband. You don't think all those things doesn't have an influence or subconscious affect upon boys that grow into men? Do these things contribute to things like discrimination in the workplace? A lot of religions, even here in America, ban women from being preachers, pastors, bishops, etc.
I for one don’t want this stuff taught to my future daughters (not even taught to future sons).
This is why they (churches) fight against things like birth control pills (covered by insurance for example). The pill, and abortion, let women choose our own path in life. It empowers women to be on the same level as men. Religions don't want that. You can see that throughout the Bible. You can also see it in all the anti-women bills and bill blackages being done by Republican leaders that are catering to the religious movement.
""cabortion allows women choose ournown path. It empowers women to be on the same level as men"""

Killing your developing offspring "empowers you"??? You become on "the same level as a man"? WHO taught you this insanity? Let me guess,...your proabort mother??

Your proabortion movement has produced dysfunctional puppets.

Sad.

Disturbing.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#322858 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
History isn't prejudice. It just is what it is and it cannot be changed, much as you would like.
No did I say history is prejudice. What are you babbling about, Witless?

I said YOU won't consider any history that disagrees with YOUR prejudice, and that is a fact. You continue to prove this daily.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322859 Mar 12, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No did I say history is prejudice. What are you babbling about, Witless?
I said YOU won't consider any history that disagrees with YOUR prejudice, and that is a fact. You continue to prove this daily.
You can't change history.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322860 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a biased opinion that if you want the population to grow or even maintain you need to produce children? How in your biased opinion, would you grow the population without children?
You really think we need to 'grow the population', while there are starving people in every corner of the populated world, and the current population numbers are in the billions?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#322861 Mar 12, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies don't have to be tolerated. Who told you they do? I'm not "coping" with a differing opinion, I'm pointing out your lies. There is a difference.
To quote one of my favorite women, Judi Dench "One of the benefits of being a mature, well-educated woman is that you're not afraid of expletives. And you have no fear to put a fool in his (or her-parentheses mine) place. That's the power of language and experience. You learn a lot from Shakespeare."
If Judi says this, which impresses you so, why do you take offense when people put you in your place?
katie

Federal Way, WA

#322862 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I laughed because I can imagine you, panties in a wad, sputtering away as you type a response. It's a funny picture.
When you throw rocks be ready for a battle. My humility, I owe to God, certainly not you.
What are you talking about? You insert yourself into a conversation that has nothing to do with you, yet here you are, flinging insults like you're the queen bee or warrior princess ... or something. You're nothing but a fake, a phony. Pb responded to SJM. I said something to Pb. You butted in just like the nosy parker you are, xtian.

And still, you haven't denied outing yourself as SJM. The jig is up.
katie

Federal Way, WA

#322863 Mar 12, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Pbfa (and you too) fight for killing human lives because Mom doesnt want them. So, umm, yeah,....you both are a joke and a half discussing how does or doesn't possess compassion and empathy towards others.
You're delusional, you warrior princess wannabe. But thanks just the same. You've just proven Pb and me right with your lack of compassion and empathy toward others.

PC fights for women/girls to legally exercise their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy even as people just like you continue trying to steal these away like a thief in the night.

You got nothing but lies, false premises, and bad science... oh and your phony xtianity.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#322864 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I already explained one passage and you condemn what I said, why do you want me to waste my time with you on another. You won't even consider that maybe you misunderstood it or didn't bother to look deeper?
What you just put is called 'deflection'.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322865 Mar 12, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You really think we need to 'grow the population', while there are starving people in every corner of the populated world, and the current population numbers are in the billions?
I yi yi We were talking about ancient [ that means long ago] and yes it was of the utmost importance.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322866 Mar 12, 2014
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be glad to discuss any Bible verse but I am not familliar with what you offered.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322867 Mar 12, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? You insert yourself into a conversation that has nothing to do with you, yet here you are, flinging insults like you're the queen bee or warrior princess ... or something. You're nothing but a fake, a phony. Pb responded to SJM. I said something to Pb. You butted in just like the nosy parker you are, xtian.
And still, you haven't denied outing yourself as SJM. The jig is up.
I think you both jumped in on a conversation I was having with Sassy.

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever tell the truth?

Sassy wrote;
LOL her? She is such an angry person. One of the worst on here. VERY anti-God,anti-life,anti-truth. Be easy on her though,she has deep down issues. I kinda feel sorry for her.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322868 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't change history.
True. Nor have I tried to. I also don't deny it, unlike you.

You've been shown proof. You ignored it, just I said you would. Just like you always do when it doesn't suit you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322869 Mar 12, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> If Judi says this, which impresses you so, why do you take offense when people put you in your place?
LOL, how could I "take offense" over something that hasn't happened?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322870 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I yi yi We were talking about ancient [ that means long ago] and yes it was of the utmost importance.
You STILL believe those principles, supposedly intended to encourage population growth, should still be the prevailing ones regarding human reproduction, even when the number of humans is astronomically larger than it was 2000 years ago...and people are starving in every country on the globe.

There are billions of us, and you're worried it isn't enough....you must.....you are so concerned with the fact that homosexual unions 'don't produce children' that you want to ban marriage between them.

Don't tell me what we were talking about, fool. I've been here the whole time.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322871 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you both jumped in on a conversation I was having with Sassy.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever tell the truth?
Sassy wrote;
LOL her? She is such an angry person. One of the worst on here. VERY anti-God,anti-life,anti-truth. Be easy on her though,she has deep down issues. I kinda feel sorry for her.
Ahhhh. So you were asking SASSY if she "...ever told the truth...?" and Sassy was answering in the third person, describing herself..........not pbfa.

Got it.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322872 Mar 12, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You STILL believe those principles, supposedly intended to encourage population growth, should still be the prevailing ones regarding human reproduction, even when the number of humans is astronomically larger than it was 2000 years ago...and people are starving in every country on the globe.
There are billions of us, and you're worried it isn't enough....you must.....you are so concerned with the fact that homosexual unions 'don't produce children' that you want to ban marriage between them.
Don't tell me what we were talking about, fool. I've been here the whole time.
The conversation was about ancient history. Go back and look it up.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322873 Mar 12, 2014
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
Get used to it - she's a one-trick pony, and that's the trick.

Bitch is convinced that only CERTAIN, Ink-approved Bible verses apply to her. Anything written in the Bible, which she can't cast in an Ink-approved light, in furtherance of her holier than thou perception of herself, she ignores. Anything she doesn't care to acknowledge the Bible having said, she refuses to. As you can see - she's 'not familiar' with the verses you QUOTED from it, but she 'knows what that bible says' by gum, when she's using it as HER argument.

She's a cherry-picker from hell....but don't pick hers. She doesn't appreciate that.

:)
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322874 Mar 12, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhhh. So you were asking SASSY if she "...ever told the truth...?" and Sassy was answering in the third person, describing herself..........not pbfa.
Got it.
No I asked pbfa, then Sassy and I continued to talk and then Katie had a conniption.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#322875 Mar 12, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what a dumb question. Why laugh as if you had, Xtian?
Where's that humility and humbleness, Christian? Non-existent because you are only a xtian for show, not for real. jmo
(duly noted is your lack of denial of you outing yourself as SJM)
You always resort to attacking peoples religion when you don't get your way, if someone disagrees or if someone points out your nasty ways. Soooo typical of you proaborts.

You should hook up with John K. He is almost as perfect as you. BOTH of you supporting killing humans as choice and you both think that your sh*t don't stink.

What a world you live in. You are great people in your own minds. Dish it out but can't take it.

Can I come visit for a day? Weeeeeeeeeee!!
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#322876 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I don't get the over reaction.
If Bitler told me one of her goddesses or unicorns didn't approve of my actions, I'd laugh, not curse her out. Seems like these people freak out for something that they don't believe in. Odd. Speaks volumes really.

I find it ironic that they attack me for quoting scripture but realistically, how many people that they know of believe in my same God? Do they attack their fake God too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min PolakPolacki 1,263,739
News Martin O'Malley Calls For Racial Bias Training ... 31 min Just an observer 3
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 2 hr El Chapo 639
News Politicians stumble on #blacklivesmatter 9 hr Cordwainer Trout 2
News Man shot in northwest Baltimore dies 13 hr reality is a crutch 1
The War on Police Has Consequences in Baltimore Fri Culture Auditor 1
News Presidential Candidates Who Ignore Race Are Mak... Thu reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages