Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322458 Feb 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the founders were Christian with Christian beliefs. If they had been been founded by Jews we would probably still have a similar system of government as they also respect religious freedom.
Historically atheist regimes are repressive and brutal.
I believe that all people bring with them their respective values whether gained through a spiritual backgroung or a secularist one. That is human nature.
Your job is to vote for folks like Obama and Pelosi if you like their values and not to vote for a Romney or a Christie.
I think the people who vote solely on women's rights overlook whether or not their candidate has any governing skills or influence in world matters that will eventually affect us.
The founders weren't all Lutheran, or Catholic, or Quaker, or Jehovah's Witness, or Evangelist, or Baptist, or Unitarian, either. What they all WERE, was 'against religious persecution'. The Constitution expressly forbids the creation of a State Religion.

Hint: Christianity is not the 'majority' religion in this country, These days, when asked about religious preferences, MOST American voters check the 'none' box.

And just by the way??? I think people who take women's rights into consideration when voting, are concerned about EVERYONE's rights. If a candidate is a raging homophobe, or has frequently expressed a desire to quash women's rights, it bodes unwell for the candidate's eventual handling of world matters, and shows a distinct lack of 'government skills'

Governors who know their stuff, take the rights of individuals into consideration when governing.

At least one would HOPE they do.....

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#322459 Feb 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the founders were Christian with Christian beliefs. If they had been been founded by Jews we would probably still have a similar system of government as they also respect religious freedom.
Historically atheist regimes are repressive and brutal.
I believe that all people bring with them their respective values whether gained through a spiritual backgroung or a secularist one. That is human nature.
Your job is to vote for folks like Obama and Pelosi if you like their values and not to vote for a Romney or a Christie.
I think the people who vote solely on women's rights overlook whether or not their candidate has any governing skills or influence in world matters that will eventually affect us.
"Historically atheist regimes are repressive and brutal."

Have you looked at Christian History?

"How many people have died in the name of Christ, Christianity and Catholicism?
VICTIMS OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH"

http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm

And that's just the Christian religion.

"I think the people who vote solely on women's rights overlook whether or not their candidate has any governing skills or influence in world matters that will eventually affect us."

The same could be said for people who vote solely on a candidates religious views/affiliation.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#322460 Feb 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this answer your question? This is from just one president. I could add Washington, Lincoln and many many others.
Washington's prayer journal, Mount Vernon
Thomas Jefferson
A Prayer for the Nation
Almighty God, Who has given us this good land for our heritage; We humbly beseech Thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of Thy favor and glad to do Thy will. Bless our land with honorable ministry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion, from pride and arrogance, and from every evil way. Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people, the multitude brought hither out of many kindreds and tongues. Endow with Thy spirit of wisdom those whom in Thy name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that through obedience to Thy law, we may show forth Thy praise among the nations of the earth. In time of prosperity fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in Thee to fail; all of which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Times are not the same anymore. Fast forward a century or two. Our population has expanded greatly and Christianity is not so predominant.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322461 Feb 23, 2014
Nemo Noone wrote:
<quoted text>[
I may not have clearly said but I was just talking about later term abortions because of an unwanted pregnancy.
You clearly said you would prefer to eliminate ALL late term abortions. Go back and look, since those were your exact words.

The vast majority of abortions due to unwanted pregnancy, are performed in the first trimester. Exceptions to this are rare, and usually involve mental illness, or a previous inability to recognize that one is pregnant. In other words, women don't just wake up one fine morning in their 7th or 8th month of pregnancy, and randomly decide to abort.

Unless you think they do, why would you want to eliminate later term abortion, since legal later term abortions are done for medical reasons ONLY in the first place?
Nemo Noone wrote:
<quoted text>I would have no problem with a late term abortion regarding dead, diseased, and horribly compromised fetuses to 'term', and to continue gestation of toxic pregnancies.
So neither of us has a problem with later term abortion.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#322462 Feb 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this answer your question? This is from just one president. I could add Washington, Lincoln and many many others.
Washington's prayer journal, Mount Vernon
Thomas Jefferson
A Prayer for the Nation
Almighty God, Who has given us this good land for our heritage; We humbly beseech Thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of Thy favor and glad to do Thy will. Bless our land with honorable ministry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion, from pride and arrogance, and from every evil way. Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people, the multitude brought hither out of many kindreds and tongues. Endow with Thy spirit of wisdom those whom in Thy name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that through obedience to Thy law, we may show forth Thy praise among the nations of the earth. In time of prosperity fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in Thee to fail; all of which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Good afternoon "Ink," as "Moon" has already stated, this is a different era than the one in which Thomas Jefferson lived.
Times change, people change, belief-systems change....
You, yourself have stated that you don't take the books of the Old Testament at face-value; you and I'd discussed the rather contradictory nature of God in the book of "Job," and you'd said then that, you didn't buy into a "literal" interpretation of the Old Testament.
Do you not then see a similarly contradictory nature in attempting to impose Biblical philosophy into a culture that no longer universally recognizes it as "absolute Truth," and yet claims to cherish freedom of religion?
abby

Ardsley, NY

#322463 Feb 23, 2014
Mary and Joseph didnt have more kids. Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit in Marys pure sinless body. Our bodirs are a temple of the Holy spirit but in order to conceive Jesus Mary haf to be conceived sinkess as well.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I must disagree with you grumps . Sin did'nt enter the world when Eve ate the forbidden fruit. only after Adam did. Sin is transfered through the man. Mary was simply a sinner who found favor in the eyes of God. The eyes"Man" in this situation was Perfect, and Mary also went on to have other kids with their father being Joseph.
Thank God for Mary, but she was a sinner who was saved just like anyone else who is saved.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322465 Feb 23, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon "Ink," as "Moon" has already stated, this is a different era than the one in which Thomas Jefferson lived.
Times change, people change, belief-systems change....
You, yourself have stated that you don't take the books of the Old Testament at face-value; you and I'd discussed the rather contradictory nature of God in the book of "Job," and you'd said then that, you didn't buy into a "literal" interpretation of the Old Testament.
Do you not then see a similarly contradictory nature in attempting to impose Biblical philosophy into a culture that no longer universally recognizes it as "absolute Truth," and yet claims to cherish freedom of religion?
Read ahead a couple of posts.

Whose is imposing Biblical Philosophy into the culture. It has always been there. The atheists want it out. But it isn't going anywhere.

Since: Feb 14

Philippines

#322466 Feb 23, 2014
facebook page nora lawsonoo
skype overnightlove69

i want someone who can appreciate me for who I am someone warm, nice and cuddly. someone who can take a risk for for me some one who can take achance if he really interested :(

Location hidden

#322468 Feb 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Read ahead a couple of posts.
Whose is imposing Biblical Philosophy into the culture. It has always been there. The atheists want it out. But it isn't going anywhere.
Are you then, implying, that our culture is static, that it never changes, and that the Biblical Laws that founded this country are also impervious to "change...?"

You, my friend, as so many who've become entrenched in their brand of philosophy, are so thoroughly convinced that you're "right," that you're refusing to even consider an opposing point of view.

"Ink," one hundred years ago, due to common belief--likely founded on Biblical Law--women didn't have the right to vote.
Fifty years ago African Americans--"Black people"--were finally accorded civil rights. Was there anything "Biblical" about this... probably not--unless one wants to consult the Old Testament about rules regarding slavery.
Today we've got the two fights about bodily autonomy, and who can be legally recognized for loving who...

The Laws of the Bible are static "Ink," the civilization we happen to live in is dynamic my friend. It's going to become ever-more apparent as time goes on.
We've got to adapt as the changing times demand...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322470 Feb 23, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you then, implying, that our culture is static, that it never changes, and that the Biblical Laws that founded this country are also impervious to "change...?"
You, my friend, as so many who've become entrenched in their brand of philosophy, are so thoroughly convinced that you're "right," that you're refusing to even consider an opposing point of view.
"Ink," one hundred years ago, due to common belief--likely founded on Biblical Law--women didn't have the right to vote.
Fifty years ago African Americans--"Black people"--were finally accorded civil rights. Was there anything "Biblical" about this... probably not--unless one wants to consult the Old Testament about rules regarding slavery.
Today we've got the two fights about bodily autonomy, and who can be legally recognized for loving who...
The Laws of the Bible are static "Ink," the civilization we happen to live in is dynamic my friend. It's going to become ever-more apparent as time goes on.
We've got to adapt as the changing times demand...
Ah, John you are taking a simple statement and turning it into an argument that isn't there.

All I said was that the country was founded on basic Christian principles because the founders were for the most part Christians and were influenced by there background, experience, and ideology.

Christian belief today doesn't hold that women shouldn't vote or that any group should be held in slavery. In fact, you could say that Christians were very much behind the advancement of women and blacks, as in the case of my great granmother who protested the right to vote and REVEREND Martin Luther who fought and died for civil rights.

I am sorry but you have wasted another lecture on a non issue.
Ink

United States

#322471 Feb 23, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
The vast majority of abortions are done in the first trimester and are done by vacuuming out the fetus. It's also impossible to torture something that has no consciousness.
There's nothing weak in deciding to keep or terminate a pregnancy. Not all women want to be mothers, or don't want to become mothers at a specific time in their lives. Your judgment of them is irrelevant. BTW--many women who abort go on to have kids later, when the time is right.
<quoted text>
Why do you bother with heathen skumbuckets like Moon? She's just an atheist POS!!!
Ink

United States

#322472 Feb 23, 2014
The only people worse than atheists are atheist queers and B O stinking Hindu cow worshippers.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#322473 Feb 23, 2014
Paul mentions James, the brother of Jesus., in Gallatians. Thanks for confirming that Paul is a big fat liar.
abby wrote:
Mary and Joseph didnt have more kids. Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit in Marys pure sinless body. Our bodirs are a temple of the Holy spirit but in order to conceive Jesus Mary haf to be conceived sinkess as well.<quoted text>

Location hidden

#322474 Feb 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, John you are taking a simple statement and turning it into an argument that isn't there.
All I said was that the country was founded on basic Christian principles because the founders were for the most part Christians and were influenced by there background, experience, and ideology.
Christian belief today doesn't hold that women shouldn't vote or that any group should be held in slavery. In fact, you could say that Christians were very much behind the advancement of women and blacks, as in the case of my great granmother who protested the right to vote and REVEREND Martin Luther who fought and died for civil rights.
I am sorry but you have wasted another lecture on a non issue.
Yeowch!
Seems I've gotten on your snarly side...

Okay, my post to you last week regarding your siding with "Sassafrass" and "NR," was a tad one-sided shall we say.
I still stand by it because you're forever complaining that those of us on the PC side allow things to "slide" when posters of our camp are rather obnoxious and most of us don't call them out for being so.
That said, I'm doing no more or less than what you seem to feel perfectly comfortable doing.
Why is it okay for you to take a "simple statement" and turn it into an argument, and if I happen to do the same--in your opinion--it's suddenly "wrong?"
If you're going to ask me precisely which "simple statement" you've turned into an argument, I'm quite sure that "Bitner," "Not a Playa," "Long Night Moon," "CPeter," and others can provide plenty of examples.
Christianity, however "inclusive" should not, does not, trump any or every other "faith."
I realize you believe it's the end-all, be-all, but you refuse to recognize that there are a whole host of people for whom it has little or no meaning.

Indianapolis

#322475 Feb 23, 2014
I'm an atheist, and I've been called far worse than POS--by Christians. As for Moon? You're a lousy judge of character.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you bother with heathen skumbuckets like Moon? She's just an atheist POS!!!

Indianapolis

#322476 Feb 23, 2014
I didn't think the last post was the real Ink, and this one confirms it.
Ink wrote:
The only people worse than atheists are atheist queers and B O stinking Hindu cow worshippers.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322477 Feb 23, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I didn't think the last post was the real Ink, and this one confirms it.
<quoted text>
Confirms it for me, as well.
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

#322478 Feb 24, 2014
reading 2 1 cor 3:16-23
Brothers and sisters:
Do you not know that you are the temple of God,
and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
If anyone destroys GodÂ’s temple, God will destroy that person;
for the temple of God, which you are, is holy.

Let no one deceive himself.
If any one among you considers himself wise in this age,
let him become a fool, so as to become wise.
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in the eyes of God,
for it is written:
God catches the wise in their own ruses,
and again:
The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise,
that they are vain.

So let no one boast about human beings, for everything belongs to you,
Paul or Apollos or Cephas,
or the world or life or death,
or the present or the future:
all belong to you, and you to Christ, and Christ to God.
grumpy

Central Islip, NY

#322483 Feb 24, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize; I missed the "lecture" you posted. But, it's obvious your lecture is flawed. Unless, of course, you're going to argue that Mary was created through a different process, other than conception, or you're going to argue that Psalms 51:5 means something different than what it states. Psalms 51:5 states; "[b]ehold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me."
BTW, if Eve had not already been vested with free will; how could the serpent tempt her? How could she choose whether to eat the "apple?"
King David was G-d's instrument to defeat Goliath and was anointed to be King of Israel since childhood. How do you explain him having Bathsheba's husband killed so he could have her for himself other than by free will; pre-dispossition?
Was King David the only man in the world conceived in sin? If your answer is yes, then how do you explain the choice outlined in John 3:16?????
First: Mary was cloned by God with Joseph's cell. So genetically Jesus came from the house of Judah and she remained without knowledge of man. Mary came from the house of Levi.
Mary was born without "original sin" hence the Immaculate Conception.
All generations after Adam and Eve, including David, are so cursed.(Any references to John 3.16 I thought was Tommy John's earned run average.
grumpy

Central Islip, NY

#322484 Feb 24, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW grumpy, the mere fact that you acknowledge the serpent "convinced" Eve suggests, as we already read, that Eve argued with the serpent against eating the "apple."
I'm not about to argue the difference between "convince" and "instill".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Realtime 1,406,029
Are Negoes closer to apes than Humans?. 1 hr MR Science 1
Review: Around The States Moving & Storage (Apr '15) 3 hr MariiaC3 52
Mosby 17 hr Bloodonhishands 3
News The Collapse of the Freddie Gray Case Leaves an... 20 hr bozo 1
DA needs to resign Thu foosure 6
News Baltimore FOP president: 'Justice has been done... Thu bozo 1

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance