Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316263 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

yes really

Falls City, NE

#322446 Feb 22, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you realize 'eliminating all late term abortions' would consign pregnant women to carry dead, diseased, and horribly compromised fetuses to 'term', and to continue gestation of toxic pregnancies, probably to their own deaths?
The vast majority of late-term abortions are ONLY done for the reasons of preventing a woman's death and permanent damage to her health, or due to a horribly compromised fetus.
They aren't done frivolously, as you seem to be implying.
Late term abortions are often the most necessary, and usually involve WANTED PREGNANCIES.
Apparently, you're just in favor of abortions done in the first trimester....most SCPL refer to those as 'abortions of convenience'.
I disagree with you, on this one.
Well, well. The worst kind of violence is being tortured by having arms and legs pulled off, they used to do that in midievel times, well abortionists are doing that to males and females now, fiftysix million pre born children. Only weak women have abortions because they follow , they can't imagine hope, they can't imagine that it takes backbone to work hard and to struggle makes a better person, so they give up, they give up a lot because they are told they aren't going to make it in the world if you have a baby by piss ants like you. You and other pro aborts are wimps, poor excuses for women, real women who face adversity and turn tragic into good and beautiful. real womenknow what a mother is and how powerful her role is, God gave women the gift to bring the future to the world. We are powerful, yet you and other wimpy pro aborts have wimped out, they are selfish pieces of work. The most unhappy pieces of work. They have no hope or trust in their God, they have fed off the anti Christ and believe in it. Abortion is the Antichrist’s demonic parody of the Eucharist. That is why it uses the same holy words,“This is my body,” with the blasphemously opposite meaning.
yes really

Falls City, NE

#322447 Feb 22, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly does that have to do with making our laws based on religion? And how would the lawmakers accommodate everyone's religious beliefs? And how do explain the concept of separation of church and state?
Go back to your history books and read for a change. The public school system failed you.
Gtown71

United States

#322448 Feb 22, 2014
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Let me give you religious instruction: God is not pro-choice. Mary was not given a choice whether or not to conceive. And then was brainwashed by some heavenly bodies to avoid an abortion.
God did not give us free will. It was a serpent who convinced Eve to eat the apple. God's reaction to that choice was to give a sin to all generations.(Original sin)
However, Mary did not have the Original Sin. This was to make the conception of Jesus "Immaculate".
I posted this lecture a long time ago. But you seem to be a neophyte.
I must disagree with you grumps . Sin did'nt enter the world when Eve ate the forbidden fruit. only after Adam did. Sin is transfered through the man. Mary was simply a sinner who found favor in the eyes of God. The eyes"Man" in this situation was Perfect, and Mary also went on to have other kids with their father being Joseph.

Thank God for Mary, but she was a sinner who was saved just like anyone else who is saved.
Gtown71

United States

#322449 Feb 22, 2014
<quoted text>
Ask a 1000 different fundies about something about the bible and you'll get 1000 different interpretations, yet every one of those fundies will claim they are the one with the correct information.
That's the beauty of mythology...everyone can be right, just like in philosophy. There are really no wrong answers. Or no right ones either.
Hey Lady how are you?
I fully get this post, but everyone is Not right.

I would say no one sec. is dead on all points correctly.

some issues are not so big a deal, whereas some are.

I tell any who are truly interested to just ask God, after all He's the One who knows The correct interpretation of His Word/Words.

peace my friend and:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322450 Feb 22, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I believe in the words but the actions of the UN are pitful when a tyranical government abuses it's citizens.
Can you show me where I was applauding the UN for it's actions?

I was simply asking you a question about whether you believe in all the rights they enumerate as human.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#322451 Feb 23, 2014
We don't live in a democracy; we live in a constitutional republic. The will of the people extends as far as the ballot box, and the constitution overrides popular sentiment.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as abortion goes I do see a trend away from 'abortion on demand' The people of this country don't want that anymore. That's democracy.
I would like to read the bill that strips schools of 1 billion dollars. From past experience of liberal claims, it probably doesn't say that at all.
You do realize that Congress can't make any law without the Senate and the President

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#322452 Feb 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What I was saying is that the belief system of the predominately Christian founders were the basis for fairness and equality in laying out a plan which the new Americans would live by.
We have always accommodated religious beliefs by allowing the expression of those beliefs.
The separation of church and state , which is very important means the the United States of America would never establish a government religion as was the case in England. You had to belong to The Church of England whether you wanted to or not.
Which was a major reason those people left England to come here. Being Christian does not mean being consistent. Every different sect of Christianity has there own version of what the bible means or what God dictates. The Catholics thought differently from the Lutherans who thought differently from the Quakers, who thought differently from the Mormons, etc. And then there were the Jews, the agnostics and so forth, so just because a small group of men were Christian doesn't mean the whole country should base their laws on that one set of beliefs. That was the kind of thinking they were leaving behind. So a set of laws based on Christianity still makes no sense. If the Founding Fathers had all been Jews or Atheists you would be protesting that this country was founded on Judaism or atheism.

Now in modern times you expect/support our politicians writing legislation based on their own religious views? You better hope in the future that major political figures don't follow non-Christian religious beliefs. Wait until there's a Muslim trying to pass laws on his/her religion and see how you feel about that.

And let's not forget that you're supporting the idea of basing laws on what could be nothing more than mythology. You don't know for a fact that there is a God, or that the Christian version of God is the *correct* version, so why would the entire U.S. population be expected to follow laws based on such a concept?

If you remember, you are personally free to follow the tenets of your own religion. You don't have to get an abortion or use birth control, etc. So why not let others make their own personal choices based on their own beliefs?

Indianapolis

#322453 Feb 23, 2014
The UN is primarily a forum for international affairs, not countries' internal conflicts. They require extraordinary reasons to interfere with a sovereign nation's affairs.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I believe in the words but the actions of the UN are pitful when a tyranical government abuses it's citizens.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#322454 Feb 23, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lady how are you?
I fully get this post, but everyone is Not right.
I would say no one sec. is dead on all points correctly.
some issues are not so big a deal, whereas some are.
I tell any who are truly interested to just ask God, after all He's the One who knows The correct interpretation of His Word/Words.
peace my friend and:)
Hello, glad to see you are well.

You can ask God, assuming he's out there, but you still have to interpret what you think his answer is, and it's through what? Signs and coincidences? Thoughts in your own mind that you think were planted there by God? And then what? Gtown goes to D.C and starts to make laws and legislation based on his own interpretations of what he thinks God wants? Uh oh! I see a problem starting....:)

Indianapolis

#322455 Feb 23, 2014
The vast majority of abortions are done in the first trimester and are done by vacuuming out the fetus. It's also impossible to torture something that has no consciousness.

There's nothing weak in deciding to keep or terminate a pregnancy. Not all women want to be mothers, or don't want to become mothers at a specific time in their lives. Your judgment of them is irrelevant. BTW--many women who abort go on to have kids later, when the time is right.
yes really wrote:
<quoted text>Well, well. The worst kind of violence is being tortured by having arms and legs pulled off, they used to do that in midievel times, well abortionists are doing that to males and females now, fiftysix million pre born children. Only weak women have abortions because they follow , they can't imagine hope, they can't imagine that it takes backbone to work hard and to struggle makes a better person, so they give up, they give up a lot because they are told they aren't going to make it in the world if you have a baby by piss ants like you. You and other pro aborts are wimps, poor excuses for women, real women who face adversity and turn tragic into good and beautiful. real womenknow what a mother is and how powerful her role is, God gave women the gift to bring the future to the world. We are powerful, yet you and other wimpy pro aborts have wimped out, they are selfish pieces of work. The most unhappy pieces of work. They have no hope or trust in their God, they have fed off the anti Christ and believe in it. Abortion is the Antichrist’s demonic parody of the Eucharist. That is why it uses the same holy words,“This is my body,” with the blasphemously opposite meaning.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322456 Feb 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Which was a major reason those people left England to come here. Being Christian does not mean being consistent. Every different sect of Christianity has there own version of what the bible means or what God dictates. The Catholics thought differently from the Lutherans who thought differently from the Quakers, who thought differently from the Mormons, etc. And then there were the Jews, the agnostics and so forth, so just because a small group of men were Christian doesn't mean the whole country should base their laws on that one set of beliefs. That was the kind of thinking they were leaving behind. So a set of laws based on Christianity still makes no sense. If the Founding Fathers had all been Jews or Atheists you would be protesting that this country was founded on Judaism or atheism.
Now in modern times you expect/support our politicians writing legislation based on their own religious views? You better hope in the future that major political figures don't follow non-Christian religious beliefs. Wait until there's a Muslim trying to pass laws on his/her religion and see how you feel about that.
And let's not forget that you're supporting the idea of basing laws on what could be nothing more than mythology. You don't know for a fact that there is a God, or that the Christian version of God is the *correct* version, so why would the entire U.S. population be expected to follow laws based on such a concept?
If you remember, you are personally free to follow the tenets of your own religion. You don't have to get an abortion or use birth control, etc. So why not let others make their own personal choices based on their own beliefs?
The majority of the founders were Christian with Christian beliefs. If they had been been founded by Jews we would probably still have a similar system of government as they also respect religious freedom.

Historically atheist regimes are repressive and brutal.

I believe that all people bring with them their respective values whether gained through a spiritual backgroung or a secularist one. That is human nature.

Your job is to vote for folks like Obama and Pelosi if you like their values and not to vote for a Romney or a Christie.

I think the people who vote solely on women's rights overlook whether or not their candidate has any governing skills or influence in world matters that will eventually affect us.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322457 Feb 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Hello, glad to see you are well.
You can ask God, assuming he's out there, but you still have to interpret what you think his answer is, and it's through what? Signs and coincidences? Thoughts in your own mind that you think were planted there by God? And then what? Gtown goes to D.C and starts to make laws and legislation based on his own interpretations of what he thinks God wants? Uh oh! I see a problem starting....:)
Does this answer your question? This is from just one president. I could add Washington, Lincoln and many many others.

Washington's prayer journal, Mount Vernon

Thomas Jefferson

A Prayer for the Nation

Almighty God, Who has given us this good land for our heritage; We humbly beseech Thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of Thy favor and glad to do Thy will. Bless our land with honorable ministry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion, from pride and arrogance, and from every evil way. Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people, the multitude brought hither out of many kindreds and tongues. Endow with Thy spirit of wisdom those whom in Thy name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that through obedience to Thy law, we may show forth Thy praise among the nations of the earth. In time of prosperity fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in Thee to fail; all of which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322458 Feb 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the founders were Christian with Christian beliefs. If they had been been founded by Jews we would probably still have a similar system of government as they also respect religious freedom.
I believe that all people bring with them their respective values whether gained through a spiritual backgroung or a secularist one. That is human nature.
Your job is to vote for folks like Obama and Pelosi if you like their values and not to vote for a Romney or a Christie.
I think the people who vote solely on women's rights overlook whether or not their candidate has any governing skills or influence in world matters that will eventually affect us.
The founders weren't all Lutheran, or Catholic, or Quaker, or Jehovah's Witness, or Evangelist, or Baptist, or Unitarian, either. What they all WERE, was 'against religious persecution'. The Constitution expressly forbids the creation of a State Religion.

Hint: Christianity is not the 'majority' religion in this country, These days, when asked about religious preferences, MOST American voters check the 'none' box.

And just by the way??? I think people who take women's rights into consideration when voting, are concerned about EVERYONE's rights. If a candidate is a raging homophobe, or has frequently expressed a desire to quash women's rights, it bodes unwell for the candidate's eventual handling of world matters, and shows a distinct lack of 'government skills'

Governors who know their stuff, take the rights of individuals into consideration when governing.

At least one would HOPE they do.....

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#322459 Feb 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"Historically atheist regimes are repressive and brutal."

Have you looked at Christian History?

"How many people have died in the name of Christ, Christianity and Catholicism?
VICTIMS OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH"

http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm

And that's just the Christian religion.

"I think the people who vote solely on women's rights overlook whether or not their candidate has any governing skills or influence in world matters that will eventually affect us."

The same could be said for people who vote solely on a candidates religious views/affiliation.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#322460 Feb 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this answer your question? This is from just one president. I could add Washington, Lincoln and many many others.
Thomas Jefferson
A Prayer for the Nation
Almighty God, Who has given us this good land for our heritage; We humbly beseech Thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of Thy favor and glad to do Thy will. Bless our land with honorable ministry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion, from pride and arrogance, and from every evil way. Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people, the multitude brought hither out of many kindreds and tongues. Endow with Thy spirit of wisdom those whom in Thy name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that through obedience to Thy law, we may show forth Thy praise among the nations of the earth. In time of prosperity fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in Thee to fail; all of which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Times are not the same anymore. Fast forward a century or two. Our population has expanded greatly and Christianity is not so predominant.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322461 Feb 23, 2014
Nemo Noone wrote:
<quoted text>[
I may not have clearly said but I was just talking about later term abortions because of an unwanted pregnancy.
You clearly said you would prefer to eliminate ALL late term abortions. Go back and look, since those were your exact words.

The vast majority of abortions due to unwanted pregnancy, are performed in the first trimester. Exceptions to this are rare, and usually involve mental illness, or a previous inability to recognize that one is pregnant. In other words, women don't just wake up one fine morning in their 7th or 8th month of pregnancy, and randomly decide to abort.

Unless you think they do, why would you want to eliminate later term abortion, since legal later term abortions are done for medical reasons ONLY in the first place?
Nemo Noone wrote:
<quoted text>I would have no problem with a late term abortion regarding dead, diseased, and horribly compromised fetuses to 'term', and to continue gestation of toxic pregnancies.
So neither of us has a problem with later term abortion.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#322462 Feb 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Jefferson
A Prayer for the Nation
Good afternoon "Ink," as "Moon" has already stated, this is a different era than the one in which Thomas Jefferson lived.
Times change, people change, belief-systems change....
You, yourself have stated that you don't take the books of the Old Testament at face-value; you and I'd discussed the rather contradictory nature of God in the book of "Job," and you'd said then that, you didn't buy into a "literal" interpretation of the Old Testament.
Do you not then see a similarly contradictory nature in attempting to impose Biblical philosophy into a culture that no longer universally recognizes it as "absolute Truth," and yet claims to cherish freedom of religion?
abby

Ardsley, NY

#322463 Feb 23, 2014
Mary and Joseph didnt have more kids. Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit in Marys pure sinless body. Our bodirs are a temple of the Holy spirit but in order to conceive Jesus Mary haf to be conceived sinkess as well.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I must disagree with you grumps . Sin did'nt enter the world when Eve ate the forbidden fruit. only after Adam did. Sin is transfered through the man. Mary was simply a sinner who found favor in the eyes of God. The eyes"Man" in this situation was Perfect, and Mary also went on to have other kids with their father being Joseph.
Thank God for Mary, but she was a sinner who was saved just like anyone else who is saved.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322465 Feb 23, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon "Ink," as "Moon" has already stated, this is a different era than the one in which Thomas Jefferson lived.
Times change, people change, belief-systems change....
You, yourself have stated that you don't take the books of the Old Testament at face-value; you and I'd discussed the rather contradictory nature of God in the book of "Job," and you'd said then that, you didn't buy into a "literal" interpretation of the Old Testament.
Do you not then see a similarly contradictory nature in attempting to impose Biblical philosophy into a culture that no longer universally recognizes it as "absolute Truth," and yet claims to cherish freedom of religion?
Read ahead a couple of posts.

Whose is imposing Biblical Philosophy into the culture. It has always been there. The atheists want it out. But it isn't going anywhere.

Since: Feb 14

Philippines

#322466 Feb 23, 2014
facebook page nora lawsonoo
skype overnightlove69

i want someone who can appreciate me for who I am someone warm, nice and cuddly. someone who can take a risk for for me some one who can take achance if he really interested :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min JRB 1,579,411
Baltimore Cowards 17 min Baltimore Cowards 1
Baltimore MD City Council to Destroy Confederat... 10 hr Harumph 10
Word for TODAY is "JOB" to all you lazy N(EYE)G... 23 hr Jeremy 1
Mace Electric's Dick Colon raped an 11-year-old... (Jun '13) Tue Jeremy 73
Capital sex offender free in Baltimore. (May '15) Aug 14 Theodore 42
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Aug 14 America 21,045

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages