Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 320419 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319978 Dec 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I was only adding more info. I know you hate that.
You added nothing. As usual.
Gtown71

United States

#319979 Dec 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it depends on what you mean by 'works'.
Jesus did say that what you do for the least of mankind, you do for Me.
No doubt "good works" are good. They help others plus help the one doing the good works.

It has been my experience that when ive went to help others and be a blessing that I am the one that recieves the help and the blessings.

Plus works bring about wages..
We earn our wages here on earth,

Yet no amount of good works can earn us a spot in heaven.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319980 Dec 31, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Pin a cookie on you - if you really want to 'save lives', then get off the internet, and start campaigning for an end to poverty, for more thorough and comprehensive sex-education, for free and available contraception, for an end to the rape culture, and for equality in the workplace. These things reduce unwanted pregnancy, thereby reducing abortion.
Otherwise you're just flapping your gums.
Already do all those things. Also I come on here once or twice a year. This time it has been for a week. The only reason It has been that long is because it takes forever to get a straight answer to a simple question from most of the people on here. Its a bad habit that won't die. I know I am wasting my time and nobody is going to change their mind no matter how many self-evident premises I posit. I am sure I spend more time knocking on doors/donating money to democrats than 95% of the pro-abortion rights people on here. I probably do more than you do.
Gtown71

United States

#319981 Dec 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it depends on what you mean by 'works'.
Jesus did say that what you do for the least of mankind, you do for Me.
Ps. Happy New Years :)
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319982 Dec 31, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad when they say, since no one really wants the baby, then just kll the baby , which is better for all involved.
Not sure how long you have been on this thread, but feces also puts cats, dogs, flies, in the same bowl as humans. Yet thats the kind of world we llive in. Folks raising pets and not kids.:(
Yeah I feel like I'm living in bizarro world. I actually saw an article for someone arguing that kitten abortion should be illegal but human abortions shouldn't. I had some animal rights woman make fun of my leather jacket last Saturday. I'd be willing to bet she would think it would be much more ethical to be wearing a jacket made out of aborted babies. It is insane.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319983 Dec 31, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Pin a cookie on you - if you really want to 'save lives', then get off the internet, and start campaigning for an end to poverty, for more thorough and comprehensive sex-education, for free and available contraception, for an end to the rape culture, and for equality in the workplace. These things reduce unwanted pregnancy, thereby reducing abortion.
Otherwise you're just flapping your gums.
If you want to end the rape culture you should put more restrictions on abortion clinics. They cover up child rape all the time.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319984 Dec 31, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be one who doesn't like to be corrected. Of course I read what you wrote. That's why I responded. Your redundant phrase "pro-abortion rights" doesn't exist while the word "pro-abortion" does exist and is defined by the dictionary. But go ahead, make up your own words and ignore the definitions of real words. It'll probably make for difficult discussion around here, just for an fyi kinda thing. Oh and my bad. The word popped up the year prior to Roe v Wade, not after like I'd said in my post to you.
"pro·abor·tion
adjective \&#716;pr&#333;-&# 601;-&#712;bo&#775;r-s h&#601;n\
Definition of PROABORTION
: favoring the legalization of abortion
— pro–abor·tion·ist noun
First Known Use of PROABORTION
1972"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pro...
Really? Yeah pro-abortion rights doesn't exist in the dictionary because it isn't a single word. Well that may be the definition of "pro-abortion." But when you tell a "pro-abortion rights" person that they are "pro-abortion" they deny it over and over again. Because it makes them sound like they like abortions. I'm not interested in arguing over terminology that pro-abortion rights people might disagree with that isn't objective. Words can be subjective. For instance not every dictionary defines words the same way.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#319985 Dec 31, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to end the rape culture you should put more restrictions on abortion clinics. They cover up child rape all the time.
Restricting abortion will not end rape. Nice try you lose.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#319986 Dec 31, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I feel like I'm living in bizarro world. I actually saw an article for someone arguing that kitten abortion should be illegal but human abortions shouldn't. I had some animal rights woman make fun of my leather jacket last Saturday. I'd be willing to bet she would think it would be much more ethical to be wearing a jacket made out of aborted babies. It is insane.
The only thing that is insane are the people who would deny women/girls a choice over their own body. That would demand they produce with no benefit to themselves.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319987 Dec 31, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
A fetus is not a homo sapiens,
You are wrong. You need to go back and take 8th grade biology. All living organisms including fetuses can be classified by a genus and a species. So fetuses are homo sapiens. You are being willfully ignorant. I have explained this to you very simply. You refuse to accept facts because you know it makes your position look weak. I am done arguing with you. You have shown me that you either need to go back to grade school, are lying to make yourself look better, or are being willfully ignorant. I already know that I am wasting my time arguing with you but at least I now know that you are simply uninformed, willfully or not, of the facts. Your refusal to accept easy to understand concepts proves that discussing things with you is pointless.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319988 Dec 31, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Restricting abortion will not end rape. Nice try you lose.
Nothing will end rape. Forcing abortion clinics to report child rape will reduce the rate of rape though. This is something that these clinics avoid doing because it might cost them money or result in fewer 12 year old girls getting abortions because they don't want to file a report against their 50 year old rapist/boyfriends.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319989 Dec 31, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that is insane are the people who would deny women/girls a choice over their own body. That would demand they produce with no benefit to themselves.
Abortion effects another homo sapiens body by killing it when it has done nothing wrong.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319990 Dec 31, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. You need to go back and take 8th grade biology. All living organisms including fetuses can be classified by a genus and a species. So fetuses are homo sapiens. You are being willfully ignorant. I have explained this to you very simply. You refuse to accept facts because you know it makes your position look weak. I am done arguing with you. You have shown me that you either need to go back to grade school, are lying to make yourself look better, or are being willfully ignorant. I already know that I am wasting my time arguing with you but at least I now know that you are simply uninformed, willfully or not, of the facts. Your refusal to accept easy to understand concepts proves that discussing things with you is pointless.
You keep saying that, and yet you keep responding.

You are wrong. You need to move BEYOND middle school biology.

A fetus is the unborn of any number of vertebrates species.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319991 Dec 31, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, if you haven't seen those things, obviously you're not looking. Which does indicate that you do not care.
LOL, your melodrama is amusing, I'll give you that.
I have compassion of all human beings. I have compassion for all people. I would never try to deny their pain by saying I'd never personally witnessed it, which is basically what you were doing. Likely to try to make some lame point, but still. And my compassion INCLUDES the pregnant woman, unlike your ersatz compassion for "homo sapiens" which clearly (based on your posts) only includes the fetus.
I believe in helping everyone and I have compassion for everyone. I would never say that we shouldn't take care of any homeless person. Just because i say I'ver never seen a homeless child before does not mean that I don't care about homeless children or that I only want to help some homeless people and not others. Once again you are just trying to make me seem like I don't care about people to make me look bad. When that is clearly not the case. I believe the government should provide shelter for all homo sapiens. Stop trying to imply that I don't.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319992 Dec 31, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in helping everyone and I have compassion for everyone. I would never say that we shouldn't take care of any homeless person. Just because i say I'ver never seen a homeless child before does not mean that I don't care about homeless children or that I only want to help some homeless people and not others. Once again you are just trying to make me seem like I don't care about people to make me look bad. When that is clearly not the case. I believe the government should provide shelter for all homo sapiens. Stop trying to imply that I don't.
I'm not implying anything. I'm stating outright that your dismissive attitude toward homeless women and children indicates that you don't care.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319993 Dec 31, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in helping everyone and I have compassion for everyone. I would never say that we shouldn't take care of any homeless person. Just because i say I'ver never seen a homeless child before does not mean that I don't care about homeless children or that I only want to help some homeless people and not others. Once again you are just trying to make me seem like I don't care about people to make me look bad. When that is clearly not the case. I believe the government should provide shelter for all homo sapiens. Stop trying to imply that I don't.
And, once again, if I'm not worth arguing with, why do you keep doing it?
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319994 Dec 31, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One's position on this issue is POLITICAL. There ARE no "scientific terms" for it.
Once again, reproductive rights include all the aspects of reproduction, INCLUDING ending it.
You are, quite simply, wrong.
You may certainly accurately describe my position, by using the proper term, which is pro-choice. I have not once stopped you from doing so. The term you WISH to use, however, does not accurately describe my position.
My position is this....I support a woman's right to make her own CHOICE regarding her own uterus and pregnancy, no matter which CHOICE she ends up making. That makes me pro-CHOICE. Period.
Abortion doesn't stop reproduction. You are wrong. People reproduce through the biological process called sexual reproduction. Once the egg has been fertilized reproduction is over and human development has begun. Abortion ends human development by killing homo sapiens that have done nothing wrong. Once again abortion does not end reproduction go and take a human biology class at your local junior college if you don't agree with me. I will not go over this again. I have put it as clear and simply as I can. Stop being willfully ignorant or go take a human biology class.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319995 Dec 31, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said science and politics should never intersect. I said they don't do so to describe a person's POLITICAL position on this issue.
You're being deliberately obtuse.
Someone can dress up their position all they want with political wording. That doesn't mean I can't criticize it with objectively based scientific facts.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319996 Dec 31, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You were a pro-life atheist. You just wanted to join the crowd. The crowd lied to you. It told you that we are pro-abort. Nobody who is pro-choice is pro-abort. We know that everyone's circumstances are different. Even the Pope says that atheists will be accepted into heaven.
I'm not interested about arguing about religion. I oppose killing homo sapiens that have done nothing wrong. That is why I am pro-life nobody tricked me into it. I was a pro abortion rights atheist before I was a pro-life atheist. I used to think like a lot of the people on here. I used to think "What if the parents don't have the money to raise the child." Similar stuff that the pro-abortion rights people say on here. Then I realized that 2 wrongs don't make a right. I felt more confident in my pro-life position because I was still a liberal who believed in the government providing for people who get themselves into this situation. In my opinion conservatives who cut programs to families and newborns are pro-abortion.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319997 Dec 31, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying that, and yet you keep responding.
You are wrong. You need to move BEYOND middle school biology.
A fetus is the unborn of any number of vertebrates species.
I'll move past middle school biology once you accept middle school biology.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Reality Check 1,643,752
Income Based Rent? (Dec '06) 20 hr cadescove99 158
News The tale of two Targets, a Baltimore segregatio... Nov 21 noobieR 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Nov 20 Mcm123 21,338
WMAR "Square Off" Panel on Juvenile Violence Nov 19 Krieg Ben 1
WMAR "Square Off" Panel on Baltimore Juvenile V... Nov 19 Krieg Ben 1
News What the Black Lives Matter campaign gets wrong (Aug '15) Nov 16 Truth 51

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages