Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,960)

Showing posts 299,181 - 299,200 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She just said there wasn't any. Can't you read or are you so sure of what someone else will say, that you don't have to?
Perhaps it is you who can not read, kitty killer.

" The 25th is the commonly accepted date to celebrate His birth"

Perhaps it is similar to your selective memory, except in this instance you only see what you want to see.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I follow Jesus' rules and He does speak for the Divine.
You are free to believe as you will, but without any evidence to back up such claims, you're just another fundie talking out of your behind.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mom's Rosary is precious to you.
When I was growing up my mother gave me a Rosary. I still have it because it was gift from my mom. And it's pretty.

So what?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he isn't displaying a strong demeanor. If he was strong he would face the reality of his situation and accept the outcome. His wife will die soon enough and he needs to make plans for the new life that she left. That is what all God loving people would do.
You, on the other hand, ARE displaying a strong demeanor: trumpeting about what he would do if he had your sensibilities, and believed in your deity, rather than DOING what you say he should do, is just so STRONG and NOBLE.

Bravo. You're an exemplary Christian.

Your actions, I'm certain, will speak louder than your words.
This must mean you ARE going to go offer to adopt that kid, once it's born.

Gee, Ink, I'm stunned.

(Please detect heavy sarcasm)

You're completely unwilling to live up to your own STANDARDS, and go offer to raise that baby. You must not love God....since that's what ALL 'god-loving people' would do....

Seriously, do you EVER read your own posts?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it true that the calendar you use is based on Jesus' birth?
And yet there is no actual knowledge on the actual date of Jesus' birth date, and yet the world goes on.

When I buy a calendar there is no mention ever made on it that it has been based on a mythical birth date.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was growing up my mother gave me a Rosary. I still have it because it was gift from my mom. And it's pretty.
So what?
My guess is that someone like him would be afraid to touch another religion's symbols. Maybe he'd be afraid the "devil" would get him, lol.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you list ONE Wiccan hospital?
I could provide a long list of Catholic Hospitals.
Catholic Charities serves more sick and under-served in the world than any other charity organization.
Why don't we hear about "Wiccan Charities"?
Gee, maybe there isn't one.
Go hug a tree and howl at the moon, dear.
Be careful with your "good luck" sword.
Robert Brennan, Alleged Pedophile Priest, Accused Of Raping More Than 20 Children

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/30/robe...

Documents show Cardinal Dolan top U.S. Catholic official shielded pedophile priests

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/02/documen...

Database of Publicly Accused Priests in the United States

http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/Pri...

Poland's Catholic church apologizes as pedophile scandal spreads

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/328518/n...

Pedophile Priest Protected by Church

"The Catholic church went through great lengths to protect a Boston priest who was repeatedly accused of molesting children over a period of 30 years, according to recently released court documents.

Even as he was repeatedly accused of molesting children over a period of 30 years, former Catholic priest John Geoghan was treated leniently and sympathetically by the highest officials in the Boston Archdiocese, who continually re-assigned him as a parish priest, the internal church documents said.

Although they were aware of complaints and allegations that he was sexually abusing and exploiting young boys at his churches for years, archdiocese officials, including two cardinals, did not remove the priest from posts where he had close contact with young children. "

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story...
grumpy

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you're incapable of understanding my points or that you just don't get what I'm trying to say. Guess you didn't receive the pat answer you were looking for (like I believe all life is meaningful therefore abortion should be illegal except for when I believe it shouldn't be).
No point in going further with you. Be well and have a Happy New Year.
How dare you post that to someone who is really Noam Chomski better known for his expertise in Linguistics.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So are all of mine. Did you forget there are more than those two choices? There are also children of DIFFERENT Gods.
I believe what I say. See, I KNEW you were fishing for something specific. This post is a rant because we dared to NOT follow your inner script, and provide YOU with the responses you needed to preach at us. Tough sh*t.
I've seemed to have your attention.. lol

Yes I have sense of humor. Its just more twisted then most.

My entire. Rant as you call it, was to attempt to get you guys thinking about why morals are subjective.

Who sets the standard who draws the line?

I say God does y'all say whatever.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know that it doesn't automatically enter their mind to get an abortion when pregnant. It wouldn't enter my mind either. It is a line I wouldn't cross no matter what. Maybe you have never been in a position where you were pregnant with a child you didn't want. Is there no circumstance that you would have an abortion or is it innately out of the question?
1. Very serious birth defects have been found.

2. I would die.

3. Probably if I had been brutally raped.

Fortunately I have not faced any of these scenarios.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, YOUR post was irrelevant.
I'm sorry you're not bright enough to understand what's being said.
That's so sad.
Why do you speak of things like commitment trust, and where do they fit in a world that teaches we are only animals doing what animals do.

I do feel for those who are facing an abortion really thought about a really thought about a woman w willingly purposely having her own child inside of her killed?

You say it is choice and it is we all make choices some good some bad.

You seem to be concerned yet I'm concerned when speaking about a wom yet I'm concerned when speaking about a woman killing her own child.

I just hope you think one second bit about the standards and what makes you think you can move the line back and forth to fit your desires.

Again we all make choices in life some good some bad and every one of those choices come with consequences which is exactly what the pro-choice people are trying their best to eradicate.

Abortion may not ever go away but the consequences of abortion will never go away is well no matter how much one wants to think there are no consequences

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seemed to have your attention.. lol
Yes I have sense of humor. Its just more twisted then most.
My entire. Rant as you call it, was to attempt to get you guys thinking about why morals are subjective.
Who sets the standard who draws the line?
I say God does y'all say whatever.
I have never once said "whatever".

And don't assume that I haven't thought this out thoroughly. I have. YOU are the one with the pat answer.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need a belief that asks nothing of me so that I don't have to strive to be a better person. I am not looking for the easy way to get through life. I am willing to accept anything God throws at me or asks of me. Can you accept any of these beliefs or are you narrow minded and ego centric? It works both ways.
I strive to be a better person on my own, not because I think some unseen entity asks it of me.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to believe as you will, but without any evidence to back up such claims, you're just another fundie talking out of your behind.
God says in his word that one must come to him by faith not by proof
Mini believe in evolution which says the earth is either millions or billions of years old pending on who you ask

Yet there is no proof of that either.

All they can do is dig something up and try to say how old it is.

This earth and always say it was either created by a creator or it just appeared.
I say it takes way more faith to believe in the second option.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is that someone like him would be afraid to touch another religion's symbols. Maybe he'd be afraid the "devil" would get him, lol.
<snicker> It would contaminate his delicate fundie hands.

I also got my father's Navy issued Mass book when he passed away, and his little book of psalms. And when we were planning his funeral Mass I asked if the organist/vocalist would sing the 23rd Psalm because I knew he would've liked it.

One year a Wiccan acquaintance gave me a Witch's date book for a gift. It had some good recipes in it and I used it for the whole year. Why not, right?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I strive to be a better person on my own, not because I think some unseen entity asks it of me.
Exactly. Very well put.

:)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why do you speak of things like commitment trust, and where do they fit in a world that teaches we are only animals doing what animals do."

Because we are animals capable of commitment.

"I do feel for those who are facing an abortion really thought about a really thought about a woman w willingly purposely having her own child inside of her killed?"

What?

"You say it is choice and it is we all make choices some good some bad."

But YOU don't get to decide for others that their own decision, legally made, based upon their own circumstances and moral code, is a bad choice. You only get to decide for yourself.

"You seem to be concerned yet I'm concerned when speaking about a wom yet I'm concerned when speaking about a woman killing her own child."

What?

"I just hope you think one second bit about the standards and what makes you think you can move the line back and forth to fit your desires."

I don't think so, nor did I ever imply that I do.

"Again we all make choices in life some good some bad and every one of those choices come with consequences which is exactly what the pro-choice people are trying their best to eradicate."

Complete nonsense. I've never once said there are no consequences to our actions, nor am I trying to "eradicate" consequences, not that this is even possible.

"Abortion may not ever go away but the consequences of abortion will never go away is well no matter how much one wants to think there are no consequences."

Again, who says I don't think there are consequences? Where have I said, or even implied this?

I haven't.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never once said "whatever".
And don't assume that I haven't thought this out thoroughly. I have. YOU are the one with the pat answer.
I'm not the one with the Pat answer you are the one that always has all the answers.

I'm simply saying one of us is wrong when it comes to lifes most important questions.

I am then simply saying you are the one that is wrong.

There is a God and that God does love you along with everyone else in this world so much so that he died for you. I realize you have a hard time with that and feel you need no one to save you, or that you even need saving.

Most people either feel that they are too good to need a savior,or they are too bad that they cannot be saved.
Both are wrong.

I'm telling you about a man who died for you so that you could go to heaven what's so bad about that?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God says in his word that one must come to him by faith not by proof
Mini believe in evolution which says the earth is either millions or billions of years old pending on who you ask
Yet there is no proof of that either.
All they can do is dig something up and try to say how old it is.
This earth and always say it was either created by a creator or it just appeared.
I say it takes way more faith to believe in the second option.
Again, you are only showing that you have no clue what the theory of evolution actually SAYS.

Educate yourself if you want to debate it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<snicker> It would contaminate his delicate fundie hands.
I also got my father's Navy issued Mass book when he passed away, and his little book of psalms. And when we were planning his funeral Mass I asked if the organist/vocalist would sing the 23rd Psalm because I knew he would've liked it.
One year a Wiccan acquaintance gave me a Witch's date book for a gift. It had some good recipes in it and I used it for the whole year. Why not, right?
Right :)

It's really amusing, watching them squirm when presented with the fact that Christianity borrow so much from the Pagan religions that existed at the time, and yet can't understand why I would keep a memento from my mother just because the symbolism is from another religion.

I don't think they realize that symbols don't HAVE a religion, but that religions use symbols. And many religions SHARE symbols. Some because they were....ahem....borrowed, some because they represent universal concepts.

Wiccans also have prayer beads, that some Wiccans refer to as rosaries, for instance.

Most religions have had a ritual feast, given how important food is to our survivial.

Or take the Pentagram, which was once a Christian symbol representing the five wounds of Christ. It's a Wiccan/Pagan symbol now. But, because a Satanist may use an inverted Pentagram, extremist Christians, forgetting their own history, accuse anyone with one of being a "devil worshiper". They ALSO forget that a Satanist might use an inverted cross, but that doesn't make an upright cross a "satanic symbol".

Fundies are funny that way. They see only what they want to see.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 299,181 - 299,200 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Gabriel 1,071,280
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Fitus T Bluster 18,485
A kiss is still ... an issue for Bollywood actr... (Sep '07) Tue jawed sheikh 4
Juvenile facility (Montrose School or others) i... (Aug '06) Tue Sue Z 375
A love-at-first-sight skeptic: Who's she gonna ... (Feb '08) Tue Cupid advise 2
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Mon jake 82
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Jul 6 IMGKNEE 121,133
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••