Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,914
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Gtown71

United States

#316223 Nov 19, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Like euthanizing a pet. Oh wait; pets are inferior to us humans and that makes it ok!
Yes they are, yes it is.
Ever wonder just how many animals are killed to supply just the US for one day?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#316224 Nov 19, 2013
Looks like, even though the anti-choice lobby was very vocal, Albuquerque voters didn't buy their junk science BS. The proposed ban on abortions after 20 weeks failed. So glad people understood that this was a terrible proposal and squashed it.
Gtown71

United States

#316226 Nov 19, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
Looks like, even though the anti-choice lobby was very vocal, Albuquerque voters didn't buy their junk science BS. The proposed ban on abortions after 20 weeks failed. So glad people understood that this was a terrible proposal and squashed it.
So the people had a say in such an important matter?:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316228 Nov 19, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
The collective sigh of relief can be heard across the nation.

Thanks, Albuquerque.

:)
Ocean56

AOL

#316229 Nov 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
The 'reality of common abortion' is that women are still having them for reasons of which you don't approve. Which doesn't mean those women are systematically aborting healthy fetuses because they are cavalier, or ignorant, or dispassionate about the seriousness of the decision.
The reality of common abortion is that your view isn't prevalent enough to suit you, among women who have unplanned, unwanted, or unhealthy pregnancies.
The reality of common abortion, is that most occur long before the embryo becomes a fetus in the first place. So your insistence that 20+ week fetuses are being aborted for the woman's 'convenience' are fabricated from your perfervid imagination.
The reality of common abortion is that you don't get to decide who gets one, and who doesn't, or whose reasons are 'acceptable' and whose are not.
And it drives you absolutely bugfuck, because you're a total control freak.
Spot-on as usual, NAP, thanks. I have no doubt whatsoever that Inky will do her usual tap dance around it.
Ocean56

AOL

#316230 Nov 20, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
This is excellent news. Thanks, Elise.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#316232 Nov 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So the people had a say in such an important matter?:)
No, the people realized that they did NOT have a say in such a private matter.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#316233 Nov 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are, yes it is.
Ever wonder just how many animals are killed to supply just the US for one day?
Go thank god for guiding you to the most important event in your life; cheating on your wife.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#316234 Nov 20, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Stop while you're ahead, I was being facetious. LOL! We are all just human DNA as are an embryo and fetus, but an embryo and fetus are not human beings because human and human being are synonyms. Perhaps you should go back and see who originated the idea that there is a human being in the womb.
AyaDontKnow posted: "human and human being are synonyms"

Yes. Yes they are. Thanks for looking at a thesaurus.
________

AyaDontKnow: "Perhaps you should go back and see who originated the idea that there is a human being in the womb"

Your proabort buddy bHitler said "a human" (noun) is in the womb. Since you agree that human being is a synonym, then it is her who originated the conversation that a human being is in the womb.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#316235 Nov 20, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I called mine Aaron. And still do. But my girls don't think they have a dead brother. They know I lost a pregnancy.
They have a deceased sister, though. And miss her like crazy.
I certainly know the differences between losing an 8wk embryo, a 23wk fetus, and a 16yr old daughter.
The two in utero were unknowns, dreams that never came true. My youngest was a life. A bright sparkle of life taken much too soon.
Katie V.: My youngest daughter died when she was 16.

And you've responded by going on a crusade to get even with life by promoting the execution of innocents in utero.

You're a mess.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#316236 Nov 20, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember you interrupting a philosophical discussion inserting your claim that human and human being are synonymous in an attempt to discredit the philosophy of human being. You did this without taking into consideration the philosophy surrounding what it entails being a human being.
You've simplified the entire matter down in your mind to a claim that the embryo/fetus is human and its being in the womb is exactly where it belongs. Therefore, the embryo/fetus is a human being. Don't think that has ever been forgotten smug boy.
As for what you've posted above, none of it matters because it makes no sense in the context I was posting.
Since the abortion issue isn't about "killing babies" but on a very superficial level, I post over and over and over again so nutcases like you can understand -- I support women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy, even when they're pregnant.
Are you ever going to get this right, NR? Or are you going to keep wasting time?
Again, it is bHitler who said "a human" (noun) is in the womb.

You yourself agree that Human (noun) and human being are synonyms. Bhitler disagreed that they are synonyms.

Then you jump in the conversation and divert w/ "philosophy of human being" nonsense.

You can't even follow a conversation correctly.

But, I do appreciate you agreeing that bHitler was wrong.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#316237 Nov 20, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I called mine Aaron. And still do. But my girls don't think they have a dead brother. They know I lost a pregnancy.
They have a deceased sister, though. And miss her like crazy.
I certainly know the differences between losing an 8wk embryo, a 23wk fetus, and a 16yr old daughter.
The two in utero were unknowns, dreams that never came true. My youngest was a life. A bright sparkle of life taken much too soon.
Katie V.: I called mine Aaron.

I called Lala's Derek.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#316238 Nov 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, bull, she did not interject the concept into the conversation. I did, from the beginning of the conversation.
Why must you lie so much?
Oh, yeah, that's right, because lies are all you have.
That makes YOU the failure.
Problem is, Katie agrees that human (noun) and human being are synonyms. She must have looked at a thesaurus. Something you evidently are too dumb to do.

"But that's not what Katie said!".....Yes it is. She gratuitously (and futily) went on to try to distinguish between dictionary definition of human being, and the philosophy of human being.

She NOT ONCE said human (noun) and human being are not synonyms.

Pay attention.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#316239 Nov 20, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Ink said "conscience". I said and mean "conscious" because I'm fully aware of what depriving women their civil rights to bodily autonomy and personal privacy entails. And I am not okay with that.
I am perfectly okay with women determining their own outcomes -- even when pregnant.
It soothes my conscious just fine, thank you.
Katie V.: I said and mean "conscious" when I said "It soothes my conscious."

That's an improper usage.

Conscience is a noun & means "the sense of what is right and wrong." Conscious is an adjective & means "being aware" or "deliberate."

"Soothes my conscious just fine" is improper because conscious is not a noun.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316240 Nov 20, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is, Katie agrees that human (noun) and human being are synonyms. She must have looked at a thesaurus. Something you evidently are too dumb to do.
"But that's not what Katie said!".....Yes it is. She gratuitously (and futily) went on to try to distinguish between dictionary definition of human being, and the philosophy of human being.
She NOT ONCE said human (noun) and human being are not synonyms.
Pay attention.
No, it's not what she said. You quoted a sentence fragment in order to dishonestly attempt to change the meaning of what she did say. You're a liar. It's that simple.
Gtown71

United States

#316241 Nov 20, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Go thank god for guiding you to the most important event in your life; cheating on your wife.
But it wasn't the most important event in my life, so why would I?

This is what happens when people relate animals and humans as the same.:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316242 Nov 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So now your mistress was an animal?

TMI, man.
TMI.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#316244 Nov 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are animals known as mammals, you dumbarse!!!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316245 Nov 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are animals too.
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#316246 Nov 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to Katie's post and refrencing her loss. I didn't lump you with her, I don't know your issues.
As far as adopton goes, it wouldn't be my first choice for the child but abortion would be the last.
If you were in Katie's position, adoption would not be any choice. I guess, as it was in my niece's case, no one would adopt her baby

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min TSM 1,190,367
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 min Shopper 19,632
Four shot in Hillen neighborhood of Northeast B... 42 min Sad 1
In Maryland, economic angst breaks through the ... 12 hr Brad 1
Do you think global warming is here? 12 hr Brad 1
Rams Head president 'embarrassed and humiliated... 12 hr Brad 1
Do you think that the law over abuse their powe... 13 hr Brad 1

Winter Storm Warning for Baltimore County was issued at March 01 at 2:36PM EST

Baltimore Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance