Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,984
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#315109 Nov 9, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Since Catholicism borrowed all of its pageantry, saint-worship, and rote chanting, from the pagans it was trying to eradicate, when the Catholics gave up and decided to try converting the pagans instead...there really isn't a whopping lot of difference in execution of the Catholic ceremony from pagan ones.[QUOTE]

What would be the purpose in trying to eradicate or convert pagans if in fact the two were similar ? If in fact it "was not a stretch" to compare the two ?
What do execution of rituals have to do with similarities in core beliefs ?

[QUOTE]Perhaps that's where you became confused.
Then again.....perhaps not.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#315110 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You get good news and still complain.
What good news?

All i took from this was another man simply trying to push a male hierarchy structure dependent on virginity, subservience and submissiveness attributed strictly to the wife. Although he tries to justify this with (many spins ) as equality it is recognizable as the same "old shit".

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#315111 Nov 9, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again.....perhaps not.
You folks can't even clarify your core beliefs.

Do you worship one god, a three-in-one god, saints, priests, or yourselves?

I think it's that last one, but of course, it's not up to me to decide what you believe...I'm only going by the evidence in your posing...er, posting.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#315112 Nov 9, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You folks can't even clarify your core beliefs.
Do you worship one god, a three-in-one god, saints, priests, or yourselves?
I think it's that last one, but of course, it's not up to me to decide what you believe...I'm only going by the evidence in your posing...er, posting.
"You folks" ? Who are you folks ? I've never said what I was.

The issue was the woman's grandmother whom she classified as Catholic/pagan.

Let's not change the issue to your idea about what Catholics might believe or worship. Let's stick with the basic definitions of each....

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/basic-b...

http://www.wordcentral.com/cgi-bin/student...

Given this, please explain what a Catholic/pagan is.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315113 Nov 9, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so much as in past decades, but much progress remains for any semblance of equality. You only have to look around the abortion threads to know that many believe women who sleep around should pay the piper by giving birth. What happens after that doesn't seem to matter nearly as much. Perhaps not at all?
Personally, I believe that women who sleep around should be super concious of using birth control or have their tubes tied and never 'pay the piper'.

The people that you are talking about like me think that whether you sleep around or not you shouldn't kill your own unborn baby.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315114 Nov 9, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most would disagree with you, and with good cause.
Why?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#315115 Nov 9, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the impression I get from both Inky's and Sassy's posts as well. They really don't like it when their faith-based "all women were meant for marriage/motherhood" dogma is challenged, especially by women who enjoy being single and who have no children BY CHOICE.
So they have to say that single/childfree (the term for no kids by choice) women are "angry, bitter, lonely," etc. when such is usually NOT the case at all.
I guess they're forgetting about all the miserable married women out there.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#315116 Nov 9, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not change the issue to your idea about what Catholics might believe or worship. Let's stick with the basic definitions of each....
No, the first post *was* the issue. The responding post was nothing but a distraction. One with which you, apparently, want to run.

It is duly noted nobody has answered my question of what's in it for them to criminalize abortion. Why don't you go first even though the post wasn't directed to you?
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Prior to birth, the embryo/fetus is developing in suspended animation. What's in it for you to criminalize abortion when the embryo/fetus is neither a citizen nor included as part of the species of homo sapiens sapiens?
post #315005
Urcrazee wrote:
Poster Katie let me take a wild guess here -you grew up with Godless/atheist parents. Am I correct in this assumption????
You're an emotionally bankrupt individual. You are soul-less. You're the walking spiritually dead.
Good God!
post #315006
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315117 Nov 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU put me there, and you know it. When you respond TO me with the words "not one of you", that is YOU putting me there. And you were lying. Stop trying to pretend otherwise, you're just making a fool out of yourself.
I can see you can't stand to be left out. Gotta do something about that ego.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315118 Nov 9, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess they're forgetting about all the miserable married women out there.
Miserable married women don't have to stay married.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315119 Nov 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I can now see God, in many many things, and perhaps it was a bad example, but my point is, when a person has been saved "born agaim", that person just KNOWS it, and will Never ever forget it. They may not be able to say 4:30 am on fri - Jan 15,1985, but they will Never forget that it took place.
It's a hard thing for anyone to explain, since the wind blows where it wills -you don't know where it's going, or where it's been, but you do Know that it touched you, as it came by.
Ps - it has Nothing to do with conforming, in order to be accepted, as katie suggest. No one can conform without God's power, and that's the entire reason He came and died for us.
He wants us just like we are (warts and all)
He does the conforming.:)
So he wants murderers, rapists and sadists to be "just like" they are?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315120 Nov 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Gtown's Freudian slip, probably. Every time he wrote "conformation" in his post, he really meant confirmation -- as in confirming an order. It was too good to pass up! LOL
:)

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315121 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes everyone has a right to not follow ancient Jewish culture.
Good to know...the bible is irrelevant. As I thought.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#315122 Nov 9, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Many born-again Christians believe that Catholics and Orthodox Christians are more pagan than Christian.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315123 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't you happy?
Oh I'm very happy...because you post proved me right right right!! LMAO!
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315124 Nov 9, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
What is expected of men today? If I understand you correctly, the Old Testament should be discarded? If that's the case, why do I so often hear Catholic priests quoting from the OT?
Ink, you cannot have it work both ways. It's either old/out of date to be discarded, or it's the word of God and every single sentence in the Bible matters.
Why can't you have it both ways the Bible was written for a time and place. Some of the customs and way of life don't work now.

What religious person that you know does sacrificial killing of lambs now. Maybe every sentence does matter but it has to be put into context. Catholic priests quoting from the old testament usually are about God's relationship with the children of Israel not about bringing old Jewish customs into 21st century life.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315125 Nov 9, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Inky, you just proved Bitner's point. That being, any woman who isn't like you and sASSy, who prefers NOT to either get married or have children, who prefers, perhaps, to be a financially independent career woman instead, has something "wrong" with her. She must have had some terrible "life experience" that has made her so unwilling to follow the same life script that the Catholic Church (or any other conservative "Christian" church) has dictated women "should" follow.
A growing number of women have decided they DON'T want to stay in the restrictive confinement of marriage and motherhood ONLY. It seems to me that the only women who are bothered by the decision of some women to remain single and childfree (which means no children by CHOICE rather than by circumstance) are women like you and sASSy. If you weren't, you wouldn't be circulating these "angry, frustrated, man-hating" labels about them.
No it's not what you say but how you say it. A couple of you sound like you see yourselves as victims and blame men and being tied down with children. Morgana told us about her mother who was a victim of her husband and the times. She was angry for her mother. The anger comes through the posts.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315126 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Miserable married women don't have to stay married.
Oh yeah...tell that to the fked up Catholic church.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315127 Nov 9, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
The 10 commandments belong to the OT.
Now I am confused.
Should the OT be paid attention to or not?
Yes it is full of history and laws that we follow even today.

As I have said before and will probably say a million times more, some of the OT describes the ways and customs of the very beginnings of the nation of Israel. Those customs, circumcision, sacrificing animals, picking husbands for daughter, marrying your dead brother's wife etc don't apply any more. Can you tell the difference or is that you just don't want to?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315128 Nov 9, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah...tell that to the fked up Catholic church.
The Catholic Church doesn't bother divorced women. In theory they believe that husbands and wives should remain together but reality says they don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Incognito4Ever 1,154,049
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 39 min Chuck 19,553
Home-stay/host family in Baltimore * 5 hr Foal 1
Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) 8 hr hounddogsniffin 4
In need of loan shark (Aug '12) Dec 18 susan 9
Meri chut her waqt geeli kyun rehti hai? Dec 18 Aaria 1
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Dec 17 Raptor in Michigan 120,226
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:55 pm PST

ESPN 4:55PM