Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314353 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Pot meet Kettle

United States

#310284 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She didn't go to God to end a pregnancy. She went to God to not start a pregnancy.
If she hadn't been pregnant she probably would have thanked God in the moment but it looks like she has been thanking Him everyday of her life because she was.
Manoteame pijo!!

Quisieras mamarmelo??

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310285 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously nothing since I was already pregnant.,...
I didn't ask what he DID about it, I asked what you were hoping for...which, obviously, was not to have gotten pregnant.
Look, Rose...I didn't intend for my curiosity on the question of whether or not a woman who prays not to be pregnant, when she knows she already is, has prayed for a miscarriage or an abortion, to be a stick with which to beat you over the head.

The question wasn't "Did YOU pray for a miscarriage?"
It was "Is prayer for God's intervention in a pregnancy, tantamount to seeking an abortion?"

You took it personally, and I wondered why, if you so strongly believe that you weren't praying for a miscarriage. Because it seems to me you could have just answered 'no'.

Instead, you've spent pages of the thread professing that YOU PERSONALLY weren't praying for a miscarriage. I believe you.

Now my question is, however, "Do YOU still believe you?"

Because this endless protestation indicates it's not ME you're trying to convince.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is,that so hard to understand ..
Because I strongly believe that there are women out there who DO pray for a miscarriage, and that some of them thank 'god', when they have one. That's why.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#310286 Sep 5, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
why ? do you have a racist black related joke you're dying to use ?
had you been following along you would have seen that i used multiple ethnicities in my analogy, specifically to discourage you from employing the deflection you are using right now.
now back to the question....is it a bigotted statement or is it not?
WR"...had you been following along you would have seen that i used multiple ethnicities in my analogy..."

No, you did not....

WR..."if an admitted murderer posted on this site and someone had asked, without having any clue as to the identity of the poster, "who invited the black person on this site?" --- is that or is it not a bigotted statement?"

And no, it is not.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#310287 Sep 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't ask what he DID about it, I asked what you were hoping for...which, obviously, was not to have gotten pregnant.
Look, Rose...I didn't intend for my curiosity on the question of whether or not a woman who prays not to be pregnant, when she knows she already is, has prayed for a miscarriage or an abortion, to be a stick with which to beat you over the head.
It was "Is prayer for God's intervention in a pregnancy, tantamount to seeking an abortion?"
You took it personally, and I wondered why, if you so strongly believe that you weren't praying for a miscarriage. Because it seems to me you could have just answered 'no'.
Instead, you've spent pages of the thread professing that YOU PERSONALLY weren't praying for a miscarriage. I believe you.
Because this endless protestation indicates it's not ME you're trying to convince.
<quoted text>Because I strongly believe that there are women out there who DO pray for a miscarriage, and that some of them thank 'god', when they have one. That's why.
And,I tried to go in the third person yesterday ..look back ..I was trying to get this thought through .
To all of you .

I believe abortion is killing a life God created ..most believers,do also ...so in order for s believer to pray for God to kill her baby it would be against His,commandment DO NOT KILL.

there might be someone who Would do that I DON'T KNOW,everyone ..But yo pray and expect Him to do it Would be foolish ..But foolish people do foolish things .

I really do not believe she would ask God to kill her baby if she believed ...And,I'm quite sure God is not going to kill a baby because
A,woman does,not want to be pregnant ..since He already formed the child in her womb...so again foolish request ..

Best answer I can give you ...
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310289 Sep 5, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
We've become an acceptable "throw away" society. The people who support killing as choice today, join those in the past who thought and acted the very same. They're mad crazy barbarians. Evil begets evil.

THIS is the world our children are growing up in. NO respect for human life. How sad :(
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310290 Sep 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't ask what he DID about it, I asked what you were hoping for...which, obviously, was not to have gotten pregnant.
<quoted text>Because I strongly believe that there are women out there who DO pray for a miscarriage, and that some of them thank 'god', when they have one. That's why.
A woman who misses her period most likely assumes that she is pregnant(if she had sex of course). She may pray that she is just late and not pregnant. If she is pregnant, then she knows that God willed that conception despite her wishes that she wasn't. A woman of God wouldn't pray to God to have her miscarry unless, most likely, if she was raped and was in distress.

A natural death(miscarriage) is in no way comparable to a sharp instrument going in and ripping her baby to death, piece by piece.

God doesn't consult us in his creations. We co-operate in his plan when we have sex. Nobody is conceived by accident.
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310291 Sep 5, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some women just don't want pregnancy or children, Rommie. Deal with it...or not, since your OPINION doesn't carry any weight in this discussion. Whether YOU approve or not, EACH woman has the right to decide for herself what she will do about a pregnancy. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision, simple as that.
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Here's my unsolicited advice for you. Stay pregnancy-free. PLEASE. In the meantime, go join the "I have a right to kill my unwanted child, "forum. I hear that Susan Smith,Andrea Yates, Casey Anhony and many proaborts have an active forum going.

@@
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310292 Sep 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You prayed not to be pregnant, Rose. What did you think God was going to do about it?
Umm.....not make her conceive her child?
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310293 Sep 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>My stupidity ended when I realized your 'god' is a misogynist, a plagiarist, and an abortionist of the first order. I quit worshiping that.
Next...
When we die, we don't know it. It is others that have to deal with it.

Same goes for stupidity.
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310294 Sep 5, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It is STO's hypothetical question to you. He asked you if a woman prays (meaning she's already done so) for a miscarriage, is that tantamount to an abortion?
Those are the parameters of STO's hypothetical question. And all anyone needs to be concerned about in order to answer. You are the one adding and subtracting from this instead of answering yes or no.
Oh good grief. STO and his "hypothetical" questions.

God calling a life home via natural death hardly compares to a violent, barbaric practice of ripping a living human life to shreds.

Holy cow! How ignorant of him to even ask a question like that. I don't know who's worse though(him for asking or you for jumping on the bandwagon).

Is God calling your loved one home naturally the same as that loved one being shot in the head by a stranger?

*sigh*
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310296 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say you weren't Christian ..I don't think so ..
You replied to me:

"
God does,have a,plan..

We can follow,Him or not ..our choice .

But in the end ..we are with Him.or we are not .

And yes That is,my belief ..

I know,many if you don't believe ..That also is your choice .."

If that doesn't imply you assumed I was not a Christian, then do tell what the hell you meant.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>I do pray in the name of Jesus, that somehow you may believe ..
Once again ..I personally do not think a,believer would pray to God
To end the life of her offspring if it waS unwanted and occurring at an inconvenient time for her ..if she did indeed KNOW for SURE she was,carrying a baby .
I cannot say it any clearer ...She wouldn't do it as it WOUKD displeasure
GOD ..the one she is,asking ..
If she herself took action and went to a clinic..That WOUKD be an abortion ..
"She wouldn't do it"

My premise says she did. And the question follows, which you refuse to answer.

Fine.

How about this. I'll take God out of it.

If a woman meditates on having a miscarriage and she miscarries, is that tantamount to an abortion?
Blinded by the law

United States

#310297 Sep 5, 2013
Good grief!!
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310298 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of my entire answer to you on prayer ..about losing people,and if God answered ..I made the,TERRIBLE ERROR OF SAYING I PRAYED THST I WAS NOT PREGNANT ...stupid me
Out of that whole thing he pops up with a,question about praying for a miscarriage ..And you think he was NOT referencing my comment about myself .
Well I most certainly do..
I was giving my most sincere answer on prayer ..God saying No ..in answering your question ..because I really do know,HE answers ..And sometimes we don't know why He answers,as He does.
I do know,...That GOD IS NOT GOING TO KILL A BABY IN ITS MOTHERS,WONB because she asks Him ..which she wouldn't ...if she believed in Him in the first place ..
It was a foolish question aimed at the prayer I made as a,kid..You know the magical wishful thinking humans,are capable of ..
"And you think he was NOT referencing my comment about myself .
Well I most certainly do.."

Oh fercrysake Rose. I did not reference you. I read your post and thought of the question, so asked.

I've asked others a similar question and didn't get a straight answer then either. That question was, if a woman could cause herself to miscarry simply by wishing it, would that be tantamount to a miscarriage.

I've asked the question 3 different ways over the years.

Prayed for a miscarriage and got it = abortion?

Wished for a miscarriage and got it = abortion?

Meditated on miscarriage and got it = abortion?

Can you answer? Pick the one you're most comfortable answering. Clearly, it won't be the "praying" one.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310299 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the answer is no but it is a stupid premise. Prayerful people don't pray for the demise of another.
You're a stupid premise.

But thanks for answering.

Why is praying for a miscarriage and having that prayer answered not tantamount to abortion?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310300 Sep 5, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It is STO's hypothetical question to you. He asked you if a woman prays (meaning she's already done so) for a miscarriage, is that tantamount to an abortion?
Those are the parameters of STO's hypothetical question. And all anyone needs to be concerned about in order to answer. You are the one adding and subtracting from this instead of answering yes or no.
It's funny. They think I'm trying to trick them into saying something they....

what?

do mean? don't mean?

What can answering the question possibly do to them?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310301 Sep 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I never said ROSE was praying for a miscarriage. What I said was, going to god to end a pregnancy, has the same intent as going to a physician to end a pregnancy.
The venue is different - the outcome is often the same.
If she hadn't been pregnant, I'm guessing she would have thanked god for that, too.
"What I said was, going to god to end a pregnancy, has the same intent as going to a physician to end a pregnancy."

Exactly. Same intent.
Katie

Pacific, WA

#310302 Sep 5, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"And you think he was NOT referencing my comment about myself .
Well I most certainly do.."
Oh fercrysake Rose. I did not reference you. I read your post and thought of the question, so asked.
I've asked others a similar question and didn't get a straight answer then either. That question was, if a woman could cause herself to miscarry simply by wishing it, would that be tantamount to a miscarriage.
I've asked the question 3 different ways over the years.
Prayed for a miscarriage and got it = abortion?
Wished for a miscarriage and got it = abortion?
Meditated on miscarriage and got it = abortion?
Can you answer? Pick the one you're most comfortable answering. Clearly, it won't be the "praying" one.
You know what I wonder every time I read these type of posts from Rose and others?

If they're so sure God won't answer the prayer for miscarriage, why does He grant a spontaneous abortion to those who don't want one? And why aren't they (posters like Rose, Ink, even JM) so sure of His reasoning then; beyond the oft repeated, "It's His will"?

One might think God is pulling pranks on Opposite Day, y'know?
Katie

Pacific, WA

#310303 Sep 5, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny. They think I'm trying to trick them into saying something they....
what?
do mean? don't mean?
What can answering the question possibly do to them?
Highlight the inconsistencies in their thinking?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310304 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And,I tried to go in the third person yesterday ..look back ..I was trying to get this thought through .
To all of you .
I believe abortion is killing a life God created ..most believers,do also ...so in order for s believer to pray for God to kill her baby it would be against His,commandment DO NOT KILL.
there might be someone who Would do that I DON'T KNOW,everyone ..But yo pray and expect Him to do it Would be foolish ..But foolish people do foolish things .
I really do not believe she would ask God to kill her baby if she believed ...And,I'm quite sure God is not going to kill a baby because
A,woman does,not want to be pregnant ..since He already formed the child in her womb...so again foolish request ..
Best answer I can give you ...
"And,I'm quite sure God is not going to kill a baby because
A,woman does,not want to be pregnant ..since He already formed the child in her womb...so again foolish request .."

So when a woman prays her pregnancy is healthy, thanks God she IS pregnant, is ecstatic, etc., obviously God "already formed the child in her womb", and she miscarries, then why do you suppose God killed the "baby"? Was her request foolish, as well?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310305 Sep 5, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>Oh good grief. STO and his "hypothetical" questions.
God calling a life home via natural death hardly compares to a violent, barbaric practice of ripping a living human life to shreds.
Holy cow! How ignorant of him to even ask a question like that. I don't know who's worse though(him for asking or you for jumping on the bandwagon).
Is God calling your loved one home naturally the same as that loved one being shot in the head by a stranger?
*sigh*
Okay, so if a woman miscarries on her way to have an abortion, she isn't "guilty"? Would you say God relieved her of the burden of having the induced abortion, but granted her ultimate wish with a natural abortion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min JCPete 1,535,920
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Dominican 17 21,055
News Ex-Bowling Brook counselors arrested (May '07) Thu J Brown house II 33
Baltimore County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal ... (Sep '16) Thu Pop 3
News As Confederate Monuments Come Down in 65% Black... (Jan '16) May 23 Fitus T Bluster 7
Get To Work May 22 Father Obrien 3
Psycho stalker timonium extended stay May 22 Crazy 1

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages