Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
289,901 - 289,920 of 305,181 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Here you go...Talk about it to your heart's content.
http://www.topix.com/us/politics/2013/08/1308...
You brought up animals, and wondered why they don't respect you. If you didn't want to talk about it, you should have kept your opinion on that topic to yourself.
Stupid sow.
No I didn't. You have a memory like a sieve. I brought up the question of why you think animals and humans are different mentally and emotionally. You and others have finally convinced me that there is no difference in some cases, like yours.

My cat and I get along just fine, thank you very much. Thirteen years now.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My cat didn't eat the mouse only tortured it and proudly left the dead thing next to his full plate of food.
As far as my table goes since I feed and shelter him, shouldn't he be respectful of my property or isn't he capable of that, emotionally?
Perhaps your cat was FEELING anxious about something.

Perhaps you should have jaxson galaxy come help you. If you've not seen the show "my cat from hell" I highly recommend it.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But Aish.com is a good source to get a view on things that affect that part of the world and social issues .
That article gives good insight into the policies you were worried about
I learned a long time ago that there's no point in worrying about something of which I have no control. It makes for a much more productive and useful life. I do need to keep abreast of what's happening, though. I'll add your site to my already long list of suggested reading. Thanks.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about equal? Different. But guess what Ink, if you were forced out in the wild with just your wits and no other provisions, how long do you think you would survive? I would give you a couple of days at best, possibly as long as a week. Depends on whether you know what berries to eat, where to find water, etc.- but chances are excellent your survival skills would not equal one of a cat.
You also wouldn't need to worry about your checking account - and speaking of - you've brought that up twice - is that a problem for you? If so, there's software that can help.
That is what it has been twisted into.

This what I said

Ink wrote:
Why do you think that animals are created mentally and emotionally different?

Nobody ever answered they just went on a tangent about humans not being superior.
Totally nonsensical comments.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on your definition of 'superior'. I'm pretty sure your cat's intelligence in matters that matter to your cat, is superior to your intelligence in matters which matter to you...for instance: your cat isn't wasting his time trying to figure out why other cats don't agree with him.
Ain't no kitty got time for that!!
lmfao! That puts it in perspective.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings RoSe!
In that respect, they *are* like people.
And like people, they can get bored and lonely. Unsure what to do when they're elderly, sick and terminal. We have no problem euthanizing them, why can't we extend the same courtesy to homo sapiens? With their permission, of course.
Personally I don't fear dying as much as I fear lingering in pain and wishing "God" would just kill me. Legally speaking, my sick goose won't be cooked until I take my last long exhaling breath and am legally declared - she's gone, may she rest in peace.
That make sense to you? I wouldn't wish that on enemy, let alone someone I love.
It's pretty hard. I saw both my parents go through it. I'm grateful for the experience, though, for a few reasons. Now, I care for aging, very sick, and dying people. It's a great job.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I learned a long time ago that there's no point in worrying about something of which I have no control. It makes for a much more productive and useful life. I do need to keep abreast of what's happening, though. I'll add your site to my already long list of suggested reading. Thanks.
Another 'low information voter'.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about equal? Different. But guess what Ink, if you were forced out in the wild with just your wits and no other provisions, how long do you think you would survive? I would give you a couple of days at best, possibly as long as a week. Depends on whether you know what berries to eat, where to find water, etc.- but chances are excellent your survival skills would not equal one of a cat.
You also wouldn't need to worry about your checking account - and speaking of - you've brought that up twice - is that a problem for you? If so, there's software that can help.
lol.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps your cat was FEELING anxious about something.
Perhaps you should have jaxson galaxy come help you. If you've not seen the show "my cat from hell" I highly recommend it.
Could be. Too bad he doesn't have the intelligence to deal with it in a constructive way. Scrathing the table is probably how bitner and playa confront their problems too.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what it has been twisted into.
This what I said
Ink wrote:
Why do you think that animals are created mentally and emotionally different?
Nobody ever answered they just went on a tangent about humans not being superior.
Totally nonsensical comments.
Ink, I'm not going back, but I believe your original assertion was that animals don't experience emotions.

You think people are superior because we have a way to verbally convey complex thoughts/feelings and have self awareness? Goody for us. Won't matter in the long run because our time on this earth won't even come close to the longevity of dinosaurs. We're killing our planet.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That emotion seems to be misguided and inappropriate. Can you imagine if a person showed such pride and delight for toruring and killing a dog or a cat, we would have him under observation because he is showing early signs of a serial killer.
Perhaps you should take all the toys away from your cat and leave him/her alone since you think they don't have feelings and you feel resentment towards your cat for daring to deface "your things".

Maybe you should just tell your cat that everything is yours.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be. Too bad he doesn't have the intelligence to deal with it in a constructive way. Scrathing the table is probably how bitner and playa confront their problems too.
How do you know what is constructive to a cat?
Getting to the root of why your cat is scratching something up is more important than your things, wouldnt you say? Perhaps putting more scratching posts around your place or playing with the kitty more would be more constructive (in your eyes).

I don't know you or the cat, but I'm just making suggestions,ink. I'd much rather talk about cats and dogs anyway. It's probably a subject we could actually find common ground on.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, I'm not going back, but I believe your original assertion was that animals don't experience emotions.
You think people are superior because we have a way to verbally convey complex thoughts/feelings and have self awareness? Goody for us. Won't matter in the long run because our time on this earth won't even come close to the longevity of dinosaurs. We're killing our planet.
It's amazing that some Christians think that humans are superior to other animals. We're different, yes, and have the ability to control other species, but superior? I think we've proved that that's not true.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll go back for you. My orignal question is the one I told you about why we are made differently.

Another comment was
You forgot conscience and an array of other emotional feelings.

I never said animals don't experience emotions. That was other people saying I said it.

I said that compared to humans they were limited and usually pertain to survival.

And yes, I do certainly think we were created to be superior and good stewards of all other things.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's pretty hard. I saw both my parents go through it. I'm grateful for the experience, though, for a few reasons. Now, I care for aging, very sick, and dying people. It's a great job.
Elise, if they begged you literally to pull a plug or give them a few extra pain pills they could stockpile, would you?

Legally, no. You could be convicted of manslaughter if caught? Or something - not up on the legal terms. Who in their right mind would take that chance? Not me. I like the illusion that I'm free, but if I decided time for a swan, I'm going. Kinda hope I'll be missed though... at least by a few.(Likely not Ink.:-)
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what is constructive to a cat?
Getting to the root of why your cat is scratching something up is more important than your things, wouldnt you say? Perhaps putting more scratching posts around your place or playing with the kitty more would be more constructive (in your eyes).
I don't know you or the cat, but I'm just making suggestions,ink. I'd much rather talk about cats and dogs anyway. It's probably a subject we could actually find common ground on.
That's my point what is constuctive to a cat like filing their nails on my table shouldn't be the same with people. Although it is a funny thought to see bitner getting a manicure by digging the finish off of her bureau.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Another 'low information voter'.
I've encouraged you to stop being so hard on yourself, Ink.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing that some Christians think that humans are superior to other animals. We're different, yes, and have the ability to control other species, but superior? I think we've proved that that's not true.
It's amazing that you consider yourself on a par with an eel.

You would only be superior if you contributed more to society than said eel. Probably not.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Elise, if they begged you literally to pull a plug or give them a few extra pain pills they could stockpile, would you?
Legally, no. You could be convicted of manslaughter if caught? Or something - not up on the legal terms. Who in their right mind would take that chance? Not me. I like the illusion that I'm free, but if I decided time for a swan, I'm going. Kinda hope I'll be missed though... at least by a few.(Likely not Ink.:-)
Of course, we can't, legally. Ethically, I don't truly know when I would or wouldn't do such a thing. However, when someone is a hospice patient and actively dying, they have already expressed a wish to be allowed to die. We generally administer medications and other treatments that give physical and emotional comfort. Those treatments do ease the patient to an easier death, if not a quicker one.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should take all the toys away from your cat and leave him/her alone since you think they don't have feelings and you feel resentment towards your cat for daring to deface "your things".
Maybe you should just tell your cat that everything is yours.
Cats don't care. Everything exists for their pleasure. Gotta love cats:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min JPL 1,083,744
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr Abdullah OBrian 18,591
Review: Wanda Hicks Dating Service 8 hr Joe Clinton 1
The Fed is dumpig illegals in different states. 16 hr Bob Rooney 1
In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO... 23 hr SnuffAGlobalist 4
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Tue Raptor in Michigan 121,143
Cher Calvin (Nov '08) Tue Ron Wells 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE