Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309761 Aug 29, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>No! Our ability to RECOGNIZE evil makes us superior beings.
In what other species do we recognize 'evil'?

Do we call it 'evil' when a shark eats a swimmer in it's territory, or do we call it, like that shark does,'lunch'?

Come on, Grumpy - humans are the only species with a capacity to recognize 'evil' because we're the only one who exhibits it.

If our capacity to recognize 'evil' makes us superior, it only makes us superior to ourselves. How does that work?

Try again?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#309762 Aug 29, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm knew,something was going on ..That womsn went to her room
Crying over her dead kitty ..And laughing .
Strange lady ..so it's,cats,today???
Yeah, she's weird like that:-)

I can't talk about cats for long, though. I'm very allergic to them.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#309763 Aug 29, 2013
John-K wrote:
Good evening all!
Well, Mom and Dad were both discharged yesterday afternoon and are both back at home now--Mom didn't have to go to a secondary rehab unit after all--much to her relief!
They're both going to receive P-T three times a week, at home, as well as periodic visits from an R.N. to make sure that they're adhering to their prescribed schedules.
My sincerest thanks to everyone who's wished us well, and I'm tentatively hoping that things around their house will continue to slowly "improve."
Best,
John.
Glad to hear that, John!
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309764 Aug 29, 2013
grumpy wrote:
Yes it does but I'm am contend to let these jerks consider themselves comparable to a baboon. I wonder which one of them wants the recognition as the closest relative.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#309765 Aug 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>In what other species do we recognize 'evil'?
Do we call it 'evil' when a shark eats a swimmer in it's territory, or do we call it, like that shark does,'lunch'?
Come on, Grumpy - humans are the only species with a capacity to recognize 'evil' because we're the only one who exhibits it.
If our capacity to recognize 'evil' makes us superior, it only makes us superior to ourselves. How does that work?
Try again?
Someone here made the point that humans can think in abstracts. "Evil" is an abstract. Apply your 2nd sentence.
We do have Vegans.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309767 Aug 29, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Someone here made the point that humans can think in abstracts. "Evil" is an abstract. Apply your 2nd sentence.
We do have Vegans.
I would say that there is something different in our makeup that allows for animals to eat their young without being considered evil where a human would be totally evil. Perhaps we are the superior species. At least some of us are. The others probably would eat their young.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309768 Aug 29, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Someone here made the point that humans can think in abstracts. "Evil" is an abstract. Apply your 2nd sentence.
We do have Vegans.
I thought you were smarter than this, but apparently not so much.

Regardless of vegans, you have still made my point: If we're the only species which commits evil, and thusly, the only one which recognizes it, it hardly makes the case that we are 'superior' to all other animals.

You can try again if you like.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#309769 Aug 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You must have missed the part where I DON'T acknowledge your deity, or his 'omnipotence'. As I've said ad nauseum - I don't believe in your god.
I didn't miss anything. Of course I know you don't believe.
But this discussion, at least on YOUR end, was a theoretical one, remember ?( "If"....."then " ):

"If god allows free will, he has no plan. If god has a plan, there is no free will. You CANNOT have it both ways, no matter how many times you bruise your heels on the floor, babe."

Now, your attempted deflection aside, back to the question :

How is it possible that a (theoretical)omnipotent deity could not create a being with free will ?
The fact that an omnipotent 'god' doesn't exist, is a fact your limitless self-deception skills prevent you from accepting.
Only your opinion. Cease stating it as definitive fact.
You're very delusional, prick.
Man, you can be goaded from condescendingly patronizing to angry on a dime.
You're easy flappy.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#309770 Aug 29, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, she's weird like that:-)
Well we,could give you a,pill for it ..or you could give one to a cat ..Lol

Build up an immunity ???

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309771 Aug 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that there is something different in our makeup that allows for animals to eat their young without being considered evil where a human would be totally evil. Perhaps we are the superior species. At least some of us are. The others probably would eat their young.
You would say that you are smarter than your cat, even though he's the one getting free meals, using a designated litterbox (which you keep clean for him) and leaving messes in your house without being evicted... and you're the one who uses fossil fuels, thus, in effect, defecating where you eat.

Who cares what you would say?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#309772 Aug 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your strawman was in insisting free will is part of my point. It is not.
"His omniscience allows him to know what that being's choices will be but he can very well choose to not exercise his omnipotence to control the choices that being makes."

And such a lack of action would ALSO be part of his plan, then.
Precisely, his plan is that you are free to exercise choice without his dictating which choice you will make. The fact that he knows what you will choose does not alter that fact.

The poster Ink mentioned that she believes that God does not want man to behave badly. You admonished her by saying that is not what you said and that she was twisting your words. But at the same time you claim that God's plan includes all....both bad and good.

So please tell me....what God creates a plan that he does NOT WANT to come to fruition ?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#309773 Aug 29, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, she's weird like that:-)
That's quite the allergy!
I'm allergic to cats, but ive learned to cope with it over the past few years. Still, some days are worse than others.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309774 Aug 29, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely, his plan is that you are free to exercise choice without his dictating which choice you will make. The fact that he knows what you will choose does not alter that fact.
The poster Ink mentioned that she believes that God does not want man to behave badly. You admonished her by saying that is not what you said and that she was twisting your words. But at the same time you claim that God's plan includes all....both bad and good.
So please tell me....what God creates a plan that he does NOT WANT to come to fruition ?
It was not what I'd said. Sorry, but it wasn't.

By the way, the conversation has moved on. No one else cares any longer.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309775 Aug 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You would say that you are smarter than your cat, even though he's the one getting free meals, using a designated litterbox (which you keep clean for him) and leaving messes in your house without being evicted... and you're the one who uses fossil fuels, thus, in effect, defecating where you eat.
Who cares what you would say?
Humans who get free meals, craping in a litterbox, and soil there houses enough to be evicted are not considered smart or kept in any high regard. Probably worse than a dumb animal who doesn't know better.

It is interesting what you admire.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309776 Aug 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you were smarter than this, but apparently not so much.
Regardless of vegans, you have still made my point: If we're the only species which commits evil, and thusly, the only one which recognizes it, it hardly makes the case that we are 'superior' to all other animals.
Yup, it is called conscience.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309778 Aug 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not what I'd said. Sorry, but it wasn't.
By the way, the conversation has moved on. No one else cares any longer.
You don't know what you said.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#309780 Aug 29, 2013
grumpy wrote:
And to turn away from it and fight it when we see it.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#309781 Aug 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"Perhaps we are the superior species. At least some of us are. The others probably would eat their young."

Is that the "humility" I hear Christians refer to and often talk about, Ink?
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#309782 Aug 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you were smarter than this, but apparently not so much.
OK. Do you place yourself on a higher level as we beasts?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#309784 Aug 29, 2013
John-K wrote:
Good evening all!
Well, Mom and Dad were both discharged yesterday afternoon and are both back at home now--Mom didn't have to go to a secondary rehab unit after all--much to her relief!
They're both going to receive P-T three times a week, at home, as well as periodic visits from an R.N. to make sure that they're adhering to their prescribed schedules.
My sincerest thanks to everyone who's wished us well, and I'm tentatively hoping that things around their house will continue to slowly "improve."
Best,
John.
Sweet, and I feel bad in that I didn't even know. My visits are sporadic. Nice to know that it's better!:D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 39 min John Galt 1,252,366
Thank You Black People! 3 hr Jasper 8
Review: On Demand Labor- Baltimore 4 hr Wendell Watts 1
Looking for relationship 4 hr first4me 2
News Freddie Gray youth center, mentors aim to prote... 21 hr Typical Black Hero 2
News 7 great reasons to visit Baltimore this summer 21 hr Banana 2
News Give Baltimoreans a voice in fixing police-comm... 21 hr Why Do Ducks Quack 2
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages