Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,716
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#308668 Aug 19, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
God spoke. Maybe it is time now to end all
of this stupidity. What his plans are, no one knows.
You still haven't proved that there is a god. Until you have done that, your argument against abortion based upon your personal religious beliefs is irrelevant.

Atrisco Village

#308670 Aug 19, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
HERE'S something I saw on TV.
I LAUGHED st first but then looked it up .
If I was a stay at home mom..no money for private school.
I'd seriously think about it .
http://www.k12.com/schools-programs/online-pu...
This program may be appropriate for a very select population, but definitely not for most children. Our youth already have a stunted ability to socialize and to adapt to diverse settings. Online education is for adults, imo.

Atrisco Village

#308671 Aug 19, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
One of the principle functions of schools beyond education is socialization and exposure to new ideas and different points of view. Huddling in a bunker and taking on-line classes only ensure that the child grows up with no ability to deal with conflict or different ideas.
Hmmm...I wonder if the teabaggers were all home-schooled like this?
<quoted text>
Well put. I know one family that homeschooled their children properly. These kids participated in 4-H, band and other extracurricular activities, as well as worked at the family business. Grandparents, aunts and uncles were heavily involved in the kids' upbringing. Great family, great kids. This family is a rarity, and this scenario is uncommon with homeschooled children, unfortunately.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#308672 Aug 19, 2013

Location hidden

#308673 Aug 19, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>This program may be appropriate for a very select population, but definitely not for most children. Our youth already have a stunted ability to socialize and to adapt to diverse settings. Online education is for adults, imo.
I imagine they have to include some kind of sports,in the curriculum..since its thru the public school system ..

But there is a set curriculum

The parents ..like me who are not good at math ..don't have yo relearn algebra ..though they could with the kids.

No bullies...sounds like a plan to me !!!

It would also cut down on class sixes in the schools ..of course so would vouchers ...the need for new buildings goes down ..no one sees that in the arguments for vouchers ..
Some if these communities beg for them. Like DC ..where they had them and stopped them I think.

All the pols who vote AGSINST them send THEIR KUDS to private schools ..

Figures

And many home schoolers have activities and groups

Location hidden

#308674 Aug 19, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
One of the principle functions of schools beyond education is socialization and exposure to new ideas and different points of view. Huddling in a bunker and taking on-line classes only ensure that the child grows up with no ability to deal with conflict or different ideas.
Hmmm...I wonder if the teabaggers were all home-schooled like this?
<quoted text>
Well yes..But there is conflict and then conflict ..I worked three jobs sometimes,to pay for private school

Till I got one that paid s bit better ..Was still a struggle ..And in high school she got some help from the school fund .

Had a school principal where I ALMOST enrolled her..tell me if THERR was any way I could afford to kerp her out of the public schools ..it would be better ..And her school.Was a good one ..But the next up middle school was not good .

So I did it ..then used grants..loans and scholarships for college as the principal advised...And she had the Highest rated Elementary in the area!!!!
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#308675 Aug 19, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I know ..But didn't you post they might come back to their mom's
It was s confusing statement
If you knew your mother didn't want you and
chose to abort you, would you want to be with her?
It is the same as adoption. Why do they look for their
parents?

Atrisco Village

#308676 Aug 19, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine they have to include some kind of sports,in the curriculum..since its thru the public school system ..
But there is a set curriculum
The parents ..like me who are not good at math ..don't have yo relearn algebra ..though they could with the kids.
No bullies...sounds like a plan to me !!!
It would also cut down on class sixes in the schools ..of course so would vouchers ...the need for new buildings goes down ..no one sees that in the arguments for vouchers ..
Some if these communities beg for them. Like DC ..where they had them and stopped them I think.
All the pols who vote AGSINST them send THEIR KUDS to private schools ..
Figures
And many home schoolers have activities and groups
It's a truly terrible idea. Not just my opinion, but that of real , dedicated educators who believe in raising well-rounded people who have the tools to adapt and create. One doesn't disassemble a an entire educational system, honey. A creative person fixes it. You advocate running and hiding. Terrible idea. And I'm speaking as a parent who raised her DD son in a rough neighborhood with all the challenges that come with that situation.

Atrisco Village

#308677 Aug 19, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
parents?
When a pregnancy is aborted, there is no child. What is it that you don't understand about the definition of abortion?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#308678 Aug 19, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Well put. I know one family that homeschooled their children properly. These kids participated in 4-H, band and other extracurricular activities, as well as worked at the family business. Grandparents, aunts and uncles were heavily involved in the kids' upbringing. Great family, great kids. This family is a rarity, and this scenario is uncommon with homeschooled children, unfortunately.
What proof do we have that that scenario is uncommon? To be perfectly honest, the families I've been exposed to or have interacted with, who homeschool their kids, are very similar to the one you describe. In fact, the children to whom I refer score consistently higher on their standardized testing (yes, in my state officially home-schooled children must ALSO take the standardized test which the state mandates for that grade) than their public school counterparts...and one of the families is VERY well socialized, as their business takes them to every corner of the country.

Home schooling, like public schooling, is WHAT WE MAKE OF IT.
Both my children graduated at the tops of their classes, and both went to public schools....but their home-schooled compatriots have higher SAT scores. Just saying.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#308679 Aug 19, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>When a pregnancy is aborted, there is no child. What is it that you don't understand about the definition of abortion?
There is a child. The child is put to sleep. Babies are
born every day. The child can wake up.
Why are Germans barbarians?
Hitler made up abortion? Retardation?
Out casting and killing. Murder.
This man was so dumb and all the dumb dumbs that followed him.
Monkey see monkey do do.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#308680 Aug 19, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yes..But there is conflict and then conflict ..I worked three jobs sometimes,to pay for private school
Till I got one that paid s bit better ..Was still a struggle ..And in high school she got some help from the school fund .
Had a school principal where I ALMOST enrolled her..tell me if THERR was any way I could afford to kerp her out of the public schools ..it would be better ..And her school.Was a good one ..But the next up middle school was not good .
So I did it ..then used grants..loans and scholarships for college as the principal advised...And she had the Highest rated Elementary in the area!!!!
How can one use a scholarship fpor college for a parochial grade sachool? Most have God parent programs. Your post is not believable.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#308681 Aug 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What proof do we have that that scenario is uncommon? To be perfectly honest, the families I've been exposed to or have interacted with, who homeschool their kids, are very similar to the one you describe. In fact, the children to whom I refer score consistently higher on their standardized testing (yes, in my state officially home-schooled children must ALSO take the standardized test which the state mandates for that grade) than their public school counterparts...and one of the families is VERY well socialized, as their business takes them to every corner of the country.
Both my children graduated at the tops of their classes, and both went to public schools....but their home-schooled compatriots have higher SAT scores. Just saying.
Why are tests so important? Sorry but the teachers are a joke.
The child can just read the book and learn on his own
like in college. Maybe that is why teachers don't make
much of a paycheck. The students do good on the tests
because they are smart. All of them are.
Public school will never give them what a good private
school does.(Catholic) The teachers have more sense.
Children get lost in public school. No respect.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#308682 Aug 19, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
parents?
Sometime s they do ..other times,they don't .

The aborted babies..I believe are with Jesus

They most likely don't remember they had mothers.

Will they be reunited someday '' I hope,so

There,is,a most beautiful book and movie

Called TILLY....By Frank Peretti

They are both beautifully done !!!

And explores the,subject :)

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#308683 Aug 19, 2013
Corgi lover wrote:
<quoted text>How can one use a scholarship fpor college for a parochial grade sachool? Most have God parent programs. Your post is not believable.
What are you talking about??

We used scholarships and grants,and loans,for COLLEGE .
As the principal suggested

She said if my girl got a good education..She would be accepted into ANY COLLEGE she applied to...And we would figure out how to pay for it as the Colleges,want the kids with good background and grades,
SHE WAS RIGHT

I used what money I could get to pay for her grade,And high school.

Christian . And the school helped with their small fund for people without money who they wanted as students ..

She did very well..thank God ..

Atrisco Village

#308684 Aug 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What proof do we have that that scenario is uncommon? To be perfectly honest, the families I've been exposed to or have interacted with, who homeschool their kids, are very similar to the one you describe. In fact, the children to whom I refer score consistently higher on their standardized testing (yes, in my state officially home-schooled children must ALSO take the standardized test which the state mandates for that grade) than their public school counterparts...and one of the families is VERY well socialized, as their business takes them to every corner of the country.
American parents are generally lazy, when it comes to their personal involvement in their children's education. That's my observation and my opinion. I'm sure many people disagree. That's cool.

Atrisco Village

#308685 Aug 19, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a child. The child is put to sleep. Babies are
born every day. The child can wake up.
Why are Germans barbarians?
Hitler made up abortion? Retardation?
Out casting and killing. Murder.
This man was so dumb and all the dumb dumbs that followed him.
Monkey see monkey do do.
You're writing gibberish. God bless you.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#308686 Aug 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
As with every thing ..it IS the parents,...guiding them .

I'm glad my girl went to Christian school...But this,online thing if it's regulated ..they most likely HSVE networks,like the home schoolers
Do fir interaction and sports ..And yes they HSVE to take the standardized tests

Anything ..including vouchers that cuts,d own class,size,...IMO..would help each child get more teacher attention ..

This may be one reason the home schoolers do well.

I told my girl ..if you don't understand something ...ASK ..THAT'S,what you are there for...

You know how Shy kids are ..afraid to ask..She was an A student ..if she didn't get it..pretty sure most didn't ..or I told her ask after school .

I could help her with reports,...writing spelling..some history .
Do the flash cards,..But she passed me in math around seventh grade.

She taught me ..Lol

Atrisco Village

#308687 Aug 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about??
We used scholarships and grants,and loans,for COLLEGE .
As the principal suggested
She said if my girl got a good education..She would be accepted into ANY COLLEGE she applied to...And we would figure out how to pay for it as the Colleges,want the kids with good background and grades,
SHE WAS RIGHT
I used what money I could get to pay for her grade,And high school.
Christian . And the school helped with their small fund for people without money who they wanted as students ..
She did very well..thank God ..
knit will argue with you over anything, even if it's a point with which she actually agrees.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#308688 Aug 19, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>knit will argue with you over anything, even if it's a point with which she actually agrees.
True ..But I was feeling adventurous ..had to ask ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min shinningelectr0n 1,111,074
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Chuck 19,243
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 10 hr Puffpuffkeep 89
black men and my wife? (Feb '10) 22 hr Biggyrat 4
Comedy Out of Violent Bloody Horror in The War ... Sun Culture Auditor 1
Review: Atas Marc J Sep 20 Briangreene 1
Where are the "Girls that just Want To Have Fun... Sep 19 Fantastic Bob 1
•••
•••
•••