Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,289)

Showing posts 285,761 - 285,780 of303,252
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The *only* person K&P fools is herself.
(am thinking this is rhetorical since we all know)
:)
Knut is just stupid enough to believe everything she tells herself...lmao!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Indubitably.
Indeed.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! Mother loves a good spin. She was worried about the number of "annulments" in the USA. Let me peek. Be right back:
http://www.osv.com/tabid/7621/itemid/9374/Que...
Interesting. From that link:
It is an issue that arises regularly, given statistics that show the United States — home to about 6 percent of the world’s Catholic population — accounts for about two-thirds of annulments granted each year by Church tribunals globally.
What's Mother going to do? We're running wild in the United States of America. She cannot excommunicate all of the fallen. Well, She could, but she won't.
For a fallen-away Catholic, you really obsess about the Catholic Church a lot.

You wanted to live life YOUR way and on YOUR terms. Not Christ's way, or on His terms.

Good luck w/ that.....
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to be an unusual occupation or "calling". There are many men (and women) that have no interest in true intimacy (like Puddles). However the temptation for those men (and women) to seek release in the arms of another should not be dismissed. Vowing to live a life of celibacy - stop right there. It doesn't strike me as natural or normal. It seems a recipe for disaster. jmo
Look at what happens to the lives of those who live a life of debauchery and loose morals (like you and Lala).

Dead babies, divorces, STDs, loneliness, emptiness, alcohol abuse, depression, trouble w/ relationships and holding a job, lostness, low self-esteem, etc.

No thanks.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Another issue. Yes, indeed. No, she won't. She is hemorrhaging adherents. Except. perhaps, for the hard-liners and delusional nut-cases we sometimes see on here. Methinks she needs to rethink her positions on certain issues. I think letting priests marry should be one of the first reforms, actually.
Taking a vote on Church doctrine is not how the Catholic Church works, dear.

You are a quitter. You couldn't hack living a called for by Christ & His Church. You wanted to live life YOUR way. Now look at you.

'Nuf said..........
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Roe v Wade already restricts induced abortion at 24 weeks gestation.
Like Bitner has been saying to you, nobody has kept track of which abortions are elective and which are therapeutic at this point. However, the odds favor these are more therapeutic than elective since the majority of elective abortion is done during the first trimester.
Meaning, for the majority of women, these are wanted pregnancies where something has gone wrong.
It is not up to clergy, politicians, or nosy parkers to determine woman is healthy then try to criminalize it when nobody is keeping track of this data.
<quoted text>
Science isn't wrong about smooth cortexes unable to feel pain. There are other articles out there you can research about the comparisons of fetal brain and preemie brain. There have been plenty of studies done.
Besides, the amniotic fluid also acts as an anesthetic. Fetus is doubly protected.
Delivery isn't exactly an easy chore for either woman or newborn. Don't you think if a newborn were able to feel as you are trying to imply, than those injured during the birthing process would react strongly their injuries?
My second granddaughter's shoulder was caught up behind her during delivery. She did not respond to it although it was horribly bruised for more than a week. And creased from the unnatural way it was bent. It has since worked itself out and there is no lasting nerve damage from what's been seen by her pediatrician.
<quoted text>
The main focus of ACers is to "deliver fetus early whether it survives or not" without any regard to its quality of life no matter how short it is.
A couple years ago the ACers were all over themselves because a woman was denied a therapeutic abortion when it was learned her amniotic fluid had leaked out and she was not reproducing any more. A child in utero without amniotic fluid does not develop properly. You can look it up.
Anyway, baby was delivered, but didn't have the ability to breathe. It had not produced surfactant yet. And so it drowned, like a fish out of water. But the ACers here were all over this as if it was humane and loving. Watching baby suffocate was anything but loving, imo.
The pregnant woman was denied making a decision between her doctor and herself because of a brand new law criminalizing abortion past a certain gestational week. Maybe it was 20, I forget.
You think it's right to do that to another woman? Remove her right to do what she thinks is best for her family, her fetus, herself?
Katie V.: "Science isn't wrong about smooth cortexes unable to feel pain."

You still intentionally omit contributions from the sublplate zone and thalamus? After all these years, you still ignore modern science?

Wow, you're really, really ignorant.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Another issue. Yes, indeed. No, she won't. She is hemorrhaging adherents. Except. perhaps, for the hard-liners and delusional nut-cases we sometimes see on here. Methinks she needs to rethink her positions on certain issues. I think letting priests marry should be one of the first reforms, actually.
Lala, you're an excommunicated Catholic. Therefore, you lack any credibility on the subject. Thanks.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consider contraception use (especially condoms) as a sin. Granted, I'm a lapsed Catholic. Still, once a Catholic, always a Catholic.
Confession? We most definitely part ways on this - Christ may be able to forgive me, but there's not reason why I should "confess" my "sins" to anyone.
As far as Catholicism being all about forgiveness, I think you really truly have forgotten Mother's history.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
Yes, I know - Wiki. But it's a starting point.
I guess I also am a lapsed Catholic ..however when I worship.I go to the Baptist church.

What I have learned as a Christian..God is not in a CHURCH. though He can be worshipped there.

He I'd in US as we accept the sacrifice of the Cross as bring for every sin we commit..We are bought and paid fir by the blood He shed.

He took our Sins to the cross..z
All of them

If we REPENT TO HIM...directly those sins are already paid for.

Accept the gift of faith in Him not the Church

Repent and follow Him

Will we sin again

Most likely.. But we have grace. It's held out to us..

We confess to Him

And try our best to abide in Him and not sin..

And thank God I just got my power back on ...ugh

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
G-d knows who you are.
How do you live with yourself?
Lol she used the name mercy me yesterday on another forum. And p.o.s Ted straight at me right from the fist post ..Lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Christ have mercy on us wrote:
<quoted text>So do we roswe, and you should have known that being Catholic. You were taught about what confession is. Pre or Vatican II its the same teaching, nothing changed.
UMMMMM. if you are not Knit..how do you know me or when I went to Catholic School...pre Vat 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>So do we roswe, and you should have known that being Catholic. You were taught about what confession is. Pre or Vatican II its the same teaching, nothing changed.
MY name is Madame ..why are you calling me rose

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how, out of one side of her mouth, she states that Catholics that use contraception (other than NFP) are not "practicing Catholics," yet out of the OTHER side of her mouth, she brags about how many Catholics there are.
If we subtract all the so-called "non-practicing Catholics," i.e. those who have used contraception (other than the NFP form), and subtract all those that have "lived in sin,"and subtract all those who have divorced (and possibly remarried), and subtract all those who are gay/lesbian, and subtract all those who have had an abortion, I suspect the number is 10% of what they it to be.
I just love math, don't you, AJ??
FOR what it's worth the Catholic Church here. Is full of gay people ..

I have seen them when I last went to A,Catholic service ..my county has a lot of gay people ..

Anyhow NFP IS BIRTH CONTROL :)
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "Science isn't wrong about smooth cortexes unable to feel pain."
You still intentionally omit contributions from the sublplate zone and thalamus? After all these years, you still ignore modern science?
Wow, you're really, really ignorant.
A smooth cortex is equivalent to a dead hard drive. You might have the most up-to-date programs installed, but these can do absolutely nothing if your computer isn't capable of processing it.
Dead Ops4

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

wtf u talking about

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Roe v Wade already restricts induced abortion at 24 weeks gestation.
Like Bitner has been saying to you, nobody has kept track of which abortions are elective and which are therapeutic at this point. However, the odds favor these are more therapeutic than elective since the majority of elective abortion is done during the first trimester.
Meaning, for the majority of women, these are wanted pregnancies where something has gone wrong.
It is not up to clergy, politicians, or nosy parkers to determine woman is healthy then try to criminalize it when nobody is keeping track of this data.
<quoted text>
Science isn't wrong about smooth cortexes unable to feel pain. There are other articles out there you can research about the comparisons of fetal brain and preemie brain. There have been plenty of studies done.
Besides, the amniotic fluid also acts as an anesthetic. Fetus is doubly protected.
Delivery isn't exactly an easy chore for either woman or newborn. Don't you think if a newborn were able to feel as you are trying to imply, than those injured during the birthing process would react strongly their injuries?
My second granddaughter's shoulder was caught up behind her during delivery. She did not respond to it although it was horribly bruised for more than a week. And creased from the unnatural way it was bent. It has since worked itself out and there is no lasting nerve damage from what's been seen by her pediatrician.
<quoted text>
The main focus of ACers is to "deliver fetus early whether it survives or not" without any regard to its quality of life no matter how short it is.
A couple years ago the ACers were all over themselves because a woman was denied a therapeutic abortion when it was learned her amniotic fluid had leaked out and she was not reproducing any more. A child in utero without amniotic fluid does not develop properly. You can look it up.
Anyway, baby was delivered, but didn't have the ability to breathe. It had not produced surfactant yet. And so it drowned, like a fish out of water. But the ACers here were all over this as if it was humane and loving. Watching baby suffocate was anything but loving, imo.
The pregnant woman was denied making a decision between her doctor and herself because of a brand new law criminalizing abortion past a certain gestational week. Maybe it was 20, I forget.
You think it's right to do that to another woman? Remove her right to do what she thinks is best for her family, her fetus, herself?
So removing the uterine contents ..ie the baby by killing it is protected by amniotic fluid..But a tiny preemie. May indeed feel pain with the same amount of brain .

Sorry the are aware ..at some level..And 24 weeks is viable

Yes you deliver the baby ..you don't go in and kill it to save the mom..

And God forbid it dies...at leAst at some level of awareness it feel loved......Nit killing violently .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

<quoted text>Do you know why people get annulments? Because they break the Sacrement of marriage which would men if one doesn't want to have children, or follow the Catholic doctrine ansd even rising the children wrong and last but not least , using birth control. The U'S. has a very materialistic lifestyle that cause a lot of problems. Maybe your mad at Mother Church because She didn't grant you an annulment? Hhm?
So how do we explain Teddy Kennedy getting an annulment against his wife's wishes so he could marry someone else In the CHURCH .

HYPOCRISY ..that's how ..But I'm sure he contributes a lot yo the diocese..

Same way he got away With. Mary Joe. That poor young lady...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Taking a vote on Church doctrine is not how the Catholic Church works, dear.
You are a quitter. You couldn't hack living a called for by Christ & His Church. You wanted to live life YOUR way. Now look at you.
'Nuf said..........
So you are Catholic ?? But won't answer for a week now if you believe in Jesus???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

ladida wrote:
<quoted text>Catholics do not have services, we celebrate Mass. How do you know the Church is full of gay people, you are assuming and bearing false witness.
They go to church there. As couples..

Did you think I took a poll.

I see them in my grocery store too..

Around the neighborhood ..

And in the Catholic Church ..

They say the same prayers you say knit
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
So removing the uterine contents ..ie the baby by killing it is protected by amniotic fluid..But a tiny preemie. May indeed feel pain with the same amount of brain .
Sorry the are aware ..at some level..And 24 weeks is viable
Yes you deliver the baby ..you don't go in and kill it to save the mom..
And God forbid it dies...at leAst at some level of awareness it feel loved......Nit killing violently .
The middle top bar has a tab titled Healthy Brain MRI. You'll want to click on that for comparison.

http://www.bing.com/images/search...

http://www.livestrong.com/article/231412-brai...
Kelly

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Roe V Wade is all about womens rights. I want to know who is going to protect the rights of unborn children?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 285,761 - 285,780 of303,252
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
New Annapolis mayor struggles in first months o... 2 hr Oakland Sux 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Yeah 1,034,084
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Samuel 17,747
Ugly Mug Cafe opens on East Baltimore Street Wed guest 11
In need of loan shark (Aug '12) Apr 16 Michael 6
Debate: Marijuana - Baltimore, MD (Aug '10) Apr 14 Sneek Blee 51
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Apr 14 Squach 123,275
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance