Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311358 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#303511 Jul 6, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you, I'm sure Rose actually DOES pray for the Lord to end abortion.
You, on the other hand, likely just pray for female infants to have their legs sewn shut, until they're legally married to their arranged husbands...at the age of ten or so.
Yes I do pray for abortion to end

Also would like a valve switched off until.a child is wanted ..

But I also want tons of money.

Of course we have to help support children.

But I'm with foo on this one.

Once you are on public support you are on birth control...

Great idea. And anything goes to get the fathers to pay and someone working !!!

DADDY is going broke..

And also I have a big problem with disability from SOCIAL SECURITY..supposed to make up for disabled. WHO CAN NO LONGER WORK.

now they give it to parents with ADD. Kids on drugs.

Kids do not have income to replace ...which is What Social Security is for...no wonder it's going broke.

I am for educating them in special programs if needed..But whole families live off these drugged up kids..who could maybe get off the horrid chemicals with special ed.

Imo..So don't shoot me..We give just enough so no one wants to crawl out of the loop..

I managed..sometimes with 2and3 jobs to raise my child with no help because I worked.

Living off your kids is disgraceful And teaches them nothing .

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#303512 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>IF YOU KNEW WHAT JESUS WANTED, YOU WOULD NOT BE FOR CONTRACEPTION. My gosh go take a break or something.
If you knew what Jesus wanted, you would be Jesus....or a VERY perceptive mind-reader, who could read the minds of the dead.

You're not.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#303514 Jul 6, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I do pray for abortion to end
How's that working out so far?
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>Also would like a valve switched off until.a child is wanted ..
We actually concur completely on this. How I wish that 'mother's milk' was the arbiter of whether or not we become pregnant. If I was the Creator, I'd have designed us so that only if BOTH PARTIES drank nothing but milk, and ate nothing but cheese, at all, for one full year, would the woman conceive following sex. That's my plan. Both have to commit FULLY to the idea of conception - gestation - birth - care for resulting child.

BOTH.

I think it would work.
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>But I also want tons of money.
You and me both.:)
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>Of course we have to help support children.
Agreed.
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>But I'm with foo on this one.
Once you are on public support you are on birth control...
Great idea. And anything goes to get the fathers to pay and someone working !!!
Yes, I know how much you value control of others.
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>DADDY is going broke..
Huh?
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>And also I have a big problem with disability from SOCIAL SECURITY..supposed to make up for disabled. WHO CAN NO LONGER WORK.
now they give it to parents with ADD. Kids on drugs.
Kids shouldn't be on drugs. Kids should be fed well. Most of the so-called behavioral disorders, are really food allergies. This is something very close to my heart, and I could talk about it for WEEKS. I'm going to shut up about it now, because this is not the place for the discussion.
JMO
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>Kids do not have income to replace ...which is What Social Security is for...no wonder it's going broke.
I am for educating them in special programs if needed..But whole families live off these drugged up kids..who could maybe get off the horrid chemicals with special ed.
We agree on this. We agree on much.:)
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>Imo..So don't shoot me..We give just enough so no one wants to crawl out of the loop..
The rules are so arbitrary, and so diverse according to what state one lives in, that this is true in some places and untrue in others. Like you, I'm not cognizant of what there is to be done about it....the States have sovereignty for a reason, and politics make strange bedfellows. Such is life, in these United States.
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>I managed..sometimes with 2and3 jobs to raise my child with no help because I worked.
I was a single mom too, while my kids were teens. Often, I had 6 teenagers at home - we managed by the skin of our teeth, but we all worked our hindquarters off to do it. Some of my kids have better work ethics than I do, but they ALL make a good living.
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>Living off your kids is disgraceful And teaches them nothing .
See....we agree again!!

I really like you, Miss Rose.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#303515 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Christ told us to be chaste. You are telling young kids to use condoms, now is Christ right or you? And Christ never said in case you are weak its okay to not be chaste. Christianity is very hard, nothing easy, its like learning to run, its very hard and hurts but worth it in the end one is more healthy .
You've definitely got an over-inflated opinion of yourself if you think you look "nice."
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T833PCEP80MM49...

"Knit," you are, without question, the very last poster on this whole thread who ought to be talking about what "Christ" said.
Your behavior on here is so far removed from the teachings of Christ that you're not at all qualified to speak about the message of Christianity, nor are you believed by anyone on here--except the others like yourself--to be a Christian.
You are an angry, rancorous, malevolent, spiteful religious fanatic.
You have more in common with Grand Inquisitor Tomas de Torquemada and Mullah Omar of the Taliban than you do with genuine Christians.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#303516 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I do pray for abortion to end
But I also want tons of money Wow, just pathetic, sounds like you are just saying you pray but don't mean it. You are pathetic. You do not take being pro life seriously if you think this way. Please stop saying you are pro life if you want all poor women on birth control.
Would you PLEASE go gestate something, so you can curl yourself around your fetus and worship the shit out of it, and forget the computer exists, for at LEAST nine months?

Thanks in advance.

:)

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#303517 Jul 6, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Truly, no one outside of the Catholic Crutch gives a flying fart in a windstorm what your pedophile-hiding Pope says...or thinks, for that matter.
For what it's worth, most Catholics disregard what the Pope has to say regarding family planning as almost 90% of Catholics utilize artificial methods of birth control.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#303518 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
But I also want tons of money Wow, just pathetic, sounds like you are just saying you pray but don't mean it. You are pathetic. You do not take being pro life seriously if you think this way. Please stop saying you are pro life if you want all poor women on birth control.
Knitter, Knitter, Knitter. Let's take another peek at "Mother", shall we?(RCC)

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/02/14/1064...

Every sperm sacred? How can Mother condemn fairly effective "artificial" BC and not oppose an "artificial" pill that by nature of it's use could lead to more pregnancies? What's up with that? Please tell, because frankly it smacks of an outdated exclusive club wherein {wink wink} boys will be boys.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#303519 Jul 6, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth, most Catholics disregard what the Pope has to say regarding family planning as almost 90% of Catholics utilize artificial methods of birth control.
My apologies for the over the top assertions about folks who follow Catholicism. That was a broad brush, and I should have been using a skinny spatula.

Sorry, Michelle.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#303520 Jul 6, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Knitter, Knitter, Knitter. Let's take another peek at "Mother", shall we?(RCC)
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/02/14/1064...
Every sperm sacred? How can Mother condemn fairly effective "artificial" BC and not oppose an "artificial" pill that by nature of it's use could lead to more pregnancies? What's up with that? Please tell, because frankly it smacks of an outdated exclusive club wherein {wink wink} boys will be boys.
" Richard Doerflinger of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops tells me that many Catholic-based health plans are now adding caveats that such drugs "should be prescribed for a medically identifiable problem to prevent wide abuse..."

I think there was a typo in there...I'm SURE the man meant, "...to prevent WIFE abuse."

Wives have a RIGHT to have babies, after all....

*wink wink*
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#303521 Jul 6, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Planned Parenthood was not bashful about ramping up it's "safe sex" contracpetion campaign, pushing dipensment of contraception, and promotion of sex. A direct relationship resulted in the increased number of abortions it performed. 2011, for example, was a "banner year" for baby killing as Planned Parenthood performed most abortions in its history.
They lied when saying they PUSH contraception to reduce abortions. In their business model/plan, they knew pushing contracpetion would increase their cash cow business of baby killing. After all, 42% of Planned Parenthoods operating income comes from killing babies.
$$ Cha-Ching $$
Sounds like you're just full of crapola.

Abortions accounted for just under 3 percent of the procedures Planned Parenthood according to 2009 reports.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#303522 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
Your god is not listening. Your god performs more abortions per day than humans do.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#303523 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
There is no question that contraception is behind much of this trouble. Contraception has made sexual activity a much more popular option that it was when the fear of pregnancy deterred a great number of young men and women from engaging in premarital sexual intercourse. The availability of contraception has led them to believe that they can engage in premarital sexual activity "responsibly." But teenagers are about as responsible in their use of contraception as they are in all other phases of their lives--such as making their beds, cleaning their rooms and getting their homework done on time.Pope Paul VI.
Can you hear us from way back in the 1400s?
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#303524 Jul 6, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
<quoted text> You are correct here Knit. Girls who were put on bc or used condoms were having sex "because" they felt protected. It was a false sense of security. Close gf's of mine had used that logic because some adult told them it. Three out of five got pregnant while four got an std. One is dying of cervical cancer as a result.
My gf said that the pill was a green light to have sex. Her logic to sleeping around was "im on the pill". ONE is still married while the others are divorced...failed relationships one after the other.
These girls btw...had sex education in school. We were one of the very first schools that offered it according to my knowledge.
Awful that you claim to speak for teenage girls and blame contraception for their decisions to have sex instead of their own biological urges.

Btw, you gf sounds stupid. No wonder you two are friends.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#303525 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
There is no question that...fear of pregnancy deterred a great number of young men and women from engaging in premarital sexual intercourse.
Fear of pregnancy deters a great many women from agreeing to gestate.

What's your point? Let's all live in fear?

Love and fear are opposites. Jesus taught love - not fear. At least I remember that much.
persnickety wrote:
The availability of contraception has led them to believe that they can engage in premarital sexual activity "responsibly."
Wrong. The availability of contraception, has provided the OPPORTUNITY for women to engage in sex responsibly...ie: without great risk of becoming pregnant, before one desires to be pregnant and have a child.
persnickety wrote:
But teenagers are about as responsible in their use of contraception as they are in all other phases of their lives--such as making their beds, cleaning their rooms and getting their homework done on time.Pope Paul VI.
Knowing this, you STILL recommend they just be left either ignorant, captive, or repellant.

Way to go.

Next...
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#303526 Jul 6, 2013
Hmmm...you said "all babies wanted" . And if a baby is conceived when mom really didn't want another then what? And that does happen quite often. I think it's wise, as a Christian, to realize that THIS is Gods "picture", not "ours". He wills us to exist before he creates us. He made the sex act to act as the means to create that life...and a womans body to nourish that life. No baby is unwanted or a mistake. WE might not have planned that life but God did. HE is in control, not us.

You also said that"most of us welcome bc ". WHO is "us"?.
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm
Ok first off most of us care because it is a life that is being aborted.
And I do not at all understand why the birth mortality is so high..you show up at a county hospital in labor they take you ..And Medicaid covers indigents..But then there a 're women I agree who don't seek prenatal care..and that is not on us.
Octomom is a disgrace because she had the babies to get on tv .
With no way to card for them..that's not on us either.
I am all for prevention...all babies wanted and many of us pro life are.
You cannot judge us all by the few who post here.
Don't paint eith too wide a brush please .
On the frozen embryos ...don't make so many and if you do. You are responsible to adopt them out ..so t h screening like a regular adoptions ...if you make them they are yours...Imo
You are blaming prolifers for all the world's ills.
We are not responsible for the women who will not use BC ...who have multiple abortions..they coukd prevent.
There is a dearth of respect for preborn life and it was not always there..Roe HAS changed the focus of the w omens movement and to the point they are now arguing what to do eith LIVE births who escape abortion.
There was a lot wrong eith society's view on unwed mothers..But we did not treat the baby's as medical waste..They were our children..like it or not.
And most of us welcomed BC as the way to control our families.
With this equality we wanted ..comes responsibility ..And in half these cases it's just nit there..because abortion is their birth control ...
And that's just not right.
sassy JM

Jackson, NJ

#303528 Jul 6, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true ...They just locked us up in UNWED MOTHER HOMES,..I was lucky enough to get a live in Nanny job .
Or got married after high school
We all got sent somewhere..to escape the stares and judgement of people like you ..you know the ones that branded us as bad girls
Knit didn't brand unwed mothers as "bad girls". You have misunderstood her posts.

As far as the homes, girls did have it tough back then. Society has come a long way since then huh? Now unmarried women plan to have children.

Rose, what you did was loving and brave.(by offering your son up to a family who could raise him). I'm SURE you heart wss broken. You were blessed though to have been reconciled after so many years :)

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#303529 Jul 6, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>My apologies for the over the top assertions about folks who follow Catholicism. That was a broad brush, and I should have been using a skinny spatula.
Sorry, Michelle.
I wasn't offended at all. I was just pointing out that not even the good majority of Catholics follow church doctrine when it comes to birth control. When it comes to something so personal such as a sexual relationship and/or having children, people are doing to do what they feel is right regardless of what anyone says.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#303530 Jul 6, 2013
sassy JM wrote:
No baby is unwanted or a mistake. WE might not have planned that life but God did. HE is in control, not us.
<quoted text>
One: Not everyone on earth,(even women) subscribes to YOUR version of 'God'.

Two:'God', aka 'the Divine', aka 'Allah' aka 'nature', aka a few thousand other deities, kills one of every three pregnancies conceived... a process which is known world-wide as 'miscarriage'.

Evidently,'God' is the ultimate abortionist, and makes a whole bunch of mistakes.

Three: If there is a 'vast eternal plan' how could women who obtain abortions deviate from it????????

God's plan OBVIOUSLY includes abortion, or we wouldn't be physically capable of preventing or ending unwanted pregnancy.

Next...

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#303531 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>That still doesn't makwe it right. And also how many of those Catholics are not practicing Catholics? I bet 90%. Its very hard to be a Catholic, its like running its hard, but the benefits are great.
I didn't say anything about it being right or wrong. I'm just pointing out the fact that regardless of church doctrine, 90% of Catholics utilize artificial methods of birth control. As far as if they're "practicing" Catholics or not, that's for God to judge.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#303532 Jul 6, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>That still doesn't makwe it right. And also how many of those Catholics are not practicing Catholics? I bet 90%. Its very hard to be a Catholic, its like running its hard, but the benefits are great.
Running is easy. Everyone can do it. Unless one has a leg missing.

You have a brain missing.

Next...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min leosnana 1,396,204
Review: Around The States Moving & Storage (Apr '15) 5 hr RobertLHill 46
Freddy Gray's neck was a pre existing condition. Mon KKK_KKK 2
DA needs to resign Mon Baltimorean 1
legit Research Chemicals Vendor (Sep '13) Jun 26 Blue eyes boggy bebe 33
Another one found not Guilty Jun 25 bozo 3
News Police Make Attempted Murder Arrest in Northwes... Jun 25 bozo 2

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance