Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#303273 Jul 4, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I also support teens using protection if they decide to have sex; my mistake for not making that clear earlier.
That being said, I'll also say that too many teens have the mistaken idea that contraception is a 100% guarantee against unwanted pregnancy when in fact it isn't. When I was a teen, some decades ago, I refused to take the chance of getting knocked up by having sex with some guy who only wanted a good time.
By dumping any guy who pressured me to have sex, I KEPT my freedom to be a normal teenager, not an unhappy girl burdened with the responsibilities of motherhood long before she's ready for it.
And you my dear Ocean. Should teach sex ed in the schools .

Common sense does not have yo be religious.

If you have read any of my posts you know I was fooled by someone said it was love. Etc etc..And we had no BC then and absolutely no sex ed.

Just don t do it till your married and a boyfriend who said why wait the 5months till we marry.

Men lie..girls are stupid ..but they should also know about PROPER contraception..did you see foo s list of common misconceptions ..

The abortion rate in this day and age e is outrageous..

And little to r is and boys hooking up.Is so disrespectful of one's self ..It's atrocious.

I wish t these celebs and yes the schools etc coukd get t together and do REAL PSA s on the web..o n tv ..the kids listen to them..

But sadly this whole abortion thing is s such a political issue on both sides..th a t common sense dies not prevail.

It is much easier on a woman yo prevent pregnancy TH s n has e an abortion ..physically ..mentally and yes spiritually .

Imo.

Oh and your name was spoofed twice ..and we all know who did it ..

D I once itvwascdirected at me..Sorry

Location hidden

#303274 Jul 4, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wondering WHICH coward is using my screen name. Or maybe a new troll has shown up.
The REAL "Ocean" :-)
As I said since it was first about me comI Nguyen back too Doon from swimming...my guess would be Knit..since she constantly comments about ME spending time on Topix

Pot

Kettle black

And that is what her first post was about ..just a guess..

Could be her buddy but my bet is on miss persnikety..aka knit and pray ..And any of her other names .
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#303275 Jul 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my logic that is "stupid". There is evidence of regard for life with the 4 Million annual live births. There is nothing but whining that women are out killing their offspring without regard from you and yours. No evidence to back it up. It's your "logic" that is flawed. Stop projecting.
Forget it, if you don't already understand, there's no point telling you.
There should not be clinics.
How can we stomach so much garbage?
Nurses and doctors become criminals.
Even using a scalpel to cut the skin is wrong.
He heals us from their illness.
Ocean56

AOL

#303276 Jul 4, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said since it was first about me comI Nguyen back too Doon from swimming...my guess would be Knit..since she constantly comments about ME spending time on Topix
Pot
Kettle black
Could be her buddy but my bet is on miss persnikety..aka knit and pray ..And any of her other names .
You might very well be right about it being Knit. But for what it's worth she's right...you do spend way too much time on Topix.
Get out there and get a life. There's plenty of world out there to see beyond that computer monitor. Get going.

Location hidden

#303277 Jul 4, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You might very well be right about it being Knit. But for what it's worth she's right...you do spend way too much time on Topix.
Get out there and get a life. There's plenty of world out there to see beyond that computer monitor. Get going.
Hmmm and this is you OCEAN??

I do just fine thanks ..only posting between visiting my kids ..

And don't sleep much and ummm it's my business???

Location hidden

#303278 Jul 4, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then AGSIN it coukd be one of her buddies huh??
Coming on to stir up troubles.

Again my business how I spend my time .

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#303279 Jul 4, 2013
.I'm sure you've had many babies, many not your own. It's evidently part of your brand of catholicism
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>So ladi , did you make up getting and abortion and now you are posting how you put him up for adoption? LOL! YOU never had a baby.

Location hidden

#303280 Jul 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
.I'm sure you've had many babies, many not your own. It's evidently part of your brand of catholicism
<quoted text>
Lol.

Hey Peter
Trying to get sleepy .Lol.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#303281 Jul 5, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is. It's beyond stupid.
<quoted text>
But no concern over the 800 thousand who chose to kill. So because 4 times as many chose life over killing we should not be concerned.
By your logic if there are 1 million murders in a city of 4 million there should be no concern over the devaluing of human life because 3 million chose NOT to kill. You are insane.
<quoted text>
My logic ? What is MY logic ? I offered none. I simply shot down yours.
You certainly DO offer no logic. Nor did you "shoot down" Katie's. You comparing the murders of living people to the personal, private medical decisions of women who's decision affects you not one iota is nothing but foolish hyperbolic nonsense.

You and your kind do not get to put a "value" on that which isn't in YOUR womb. Period. Unless of course you're going to take on those unwanted zefs in YOUR womb to gestate and raise.

Abortion is NOT about "devaluing" life, its about nothing more an nothing less than ONE woman making a medical decision for herself. Someting you dont get a say about.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#303282 Jul 5, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kuntbar, why dont you worry about your own pathetic existance, rather than make up names and judging others?

Location hidden

#303284 Jul 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Kuntbar, why dont you worry about your own pathetic existance, rather than make up names and judging others?
So that post was her..the one before it sounded like Ocean ..

An hour later get that nonsense..And it was do late at nite. Thought it was some hallucinations..

Anyhow..how are you today.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#303286 Jul 5, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
There should not be clinics.
How can we stomach so much garbage?
Nurses and doctors become criminals.
Even using a scalpel to cut the skin is wrong.
He heals us from their illness.
My suggestion to you is this, if you're ever in an accident, or suffering from a life-threatening illness, stay as far away from a doctor's office or hospital as you can and "pray" for your recovery.

Location hidden

#303288 Jul 5, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
My suggestion to you is this, if you're ever in an accident, or suffering from a life-threatening illness, stay as far away from a doctor's office or hospital as you can and "pray" for your recovery.
good morningvJohn k
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#303289 Jul 5, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
The body heals itself.
Nutrition and rest.
Common sense.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#303290 Jul 5, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>good morningvJohn k
A very good morning to you as well Milady!
:)

Here's hoping your Independence Day was a pleasurable one.

Been way too hot and humid up here the past couple of weeks to get much enjoyment out of anything--you're always dripping sweat even when you're not exerting yourself.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#303292 Jul 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly DO offer no logic. Nor did you "shoot down" Katie's. You comparing the murders of living people to the personal, private medical decisions of women who's decision affects you not one iota is nothing but foolish hyperbolic nonsense.
Katie was the one who felt compelled to point out the disparity in those who choose to give birth vs those who choose to kill as evidence that life is indeed valued. So by her logic could we then conclude that if the numbers were reversed, and that there were 4 million abortions as opposed to 800 thousand live births, that life was NOT valued ? If not then why raise the disparity in numbers at all ?
I didn't shoot down Katie's logic. I obliterated it.
You and your kind do not get to put a "value" on that which isn't in YOUR womb. Period. Unless of course you're going to take on those unwanted zefs in YOUR womb to gestate and raise.

Abortion is NOT about "devaluing" life, its about nothing more an nothing less than ONE woman making a medical decision for herself. Someting you dont get a say about.
If what you say is true and abortion is not about devaluing human life, then why would Katie feel the need to point out the birth/abortion number disparity as evidence that life is valued ?
If what you say is true, and for argument's sake I'll grant you it is, then the birth/abortion ratio would be immaterial relative to the issue of valued life. It shouldn't make any difference whether or not there were 800 abortions or 800 million. Katie however, clearly felt it WAS material.

You need to make sure you're on the same page with those whose logic you choose to defend.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#303293 Jul 5, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie was the one who felt compelled to point out the disparity in those who choose to give birth vs those who choose to kill as evidence that life is indeed valued. So by her logic could we then conclude that if the numbers were reversed, and that there were 4 million abortions as opposed to 800 thousand live births, that life was NOT valued ? If not then why raise the disparity in numbers at all ?
I didn't shoot down Katie's logic. I obliterated it.
<quoted text>
If what you say is true and abortion is not about devaluing human life, then why would Katie feel the need to point out the birth/abortion number disparity as evidence that life is valued ?
If what you say is true, and for argument's sake I'll grant you it is, then the birth/abortion ratio would be immaterial relative to the issue of valued life. It shouldn't make any difference whether or not there were 800 abortions or 800 million. Katie however, clearly felt it WAS material.
You need to make sure you're on the same page with those whose logic you choose to defend.
Evidently, you would prefer each individual woman, to share your personal concept of which life is 'valuable' and which is not.

The birth/abortion ratio IS immaterial, relative to the issue of valued life.

Every child a wanted child. Regardless of the numbers.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#303295 Jul 5, 2013
--------

Edward Snowden’s nightmare comes true

Snowden’s worst fear, by his own account, was that 'nothing will change.'| AP Photo
Close
By PHILIP EWING | 7/5/13 5:01 AM EDT

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/edward-...

----------

Because of what Obama said in the data collection in regard to telephone records and duration conversations, this shows the biased ground of controversy.

Too many politicians including former Bush, said too many words already about Snowden, as many of them called him a traitor, for this is another signal of radicalism in a new world phenomena.

And at the same time, it seems it is a further difficulty to believe when they say there will be a fair trial for Snowden.

From news reports, that generalizes telling Snowden does have a great International support.

US has to consider those who desert as coming up with the know-how to deal with it because it is a big country, by just knowing that people come and go everywhere

Just like those dissidents, deserters, defectors, from anywhere escaping or going to US that other countries accept as is, US needs to come to terms with itself in the reality of facing this realistic new world.
Ocean56

AOL

#303296 Jul 5, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
Pot Kettle black
Yep, my money's on Knutter (aka knit, persnickety, whatever name she wants to use) too. She's become an expert at name-switching, if nothing else.
Ocean56

AOL

#303297 Jul 5, 2013
PHONYOcean56 wrote:
Knut's NOT right. But thanks for the admission, KNUTTER. You're an expert at name-switching, if nothing else.

Why not try and find ONE name that works for you and stick to it, and quit telling everyone else what to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 1 hr FriendofDog 400
News Rise in childhood cavities - (Oct '07) 1 hr KsJohn 6
News Commercial real estate boom reaches Baltimore 2 hr Moses Kestenbaum ODA 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr John Galt 1,223,644
News Baltimore unrest puts spotlight on O'Malley's s... 6 hr Get Real 1
Al Sharpton 6 hr The patriot 10
Hands up DONT LOOT 6 hr The patriot 1
Cops railroaded to appease N***ers. 8 hr pathetic 53
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search