Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Knit With Many Names

United States

#303311 Jul 5, 2013
Knit AKA Perstinkity you are a RAVING HYPOCRITE! YOU have used many names yourself. YOU spend a lot of time on here.

All you seem to do is make a big fat fool of yourself!!

Are you really and truly this STUpid?????

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#303314 Jul 5, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You obliterated nothing.
K&P claimed life is not valued. K&P whined as if every single pregnancy is aborted because of her claim that life has no value.
I simply pointed out life has value for those 4 million who choose to deliver their pregnancies on an annual basis. And then pointed out the number of annual abortions for K&P's benefit.
Precisely ! You attempted to use the number of people who chose to deliver vs the number of abortions as evidence that life is valued.
That's exactly what I claimed you did. Thanks for confirming.

Correction. I did not obliterate it. I annihilated it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#303315 Jul 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Evidently, you would prefer each individual woman, to share your personal concept of which life is 'valuable' and which is not.
The birth/abortion ratio IS immaterial, relative to the issue of valued life.
You might want to tell Katie that. She thinks otherwise.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#303316 Jul 5, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to tell Katie that. She thinks otherwise.
Redundancy isn't a priority of mine. Tell her again yourself, if you like, but I'm certain she's just as entitled to her opinion as we are...

Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#303319 Jul 5, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely ! You attempted to use the number of people who chose to deliver vs the number of abortions as evidence that life is valued.
That's exactly what I claimed you did. Thanks for confirming.
Correction. I did not obliterate it. I annihilated it.
No, you are misunderstanding still.

K&P claimed every pregnancy is terminated because life has no value. That can also be stated every abortion is because life has no value.

And that is simply not the case.

Because K&P has limited thinking skills and absolutely no skills learned on her own initiative, I chose to follow the KISS rule.

You did nothing to my post or words except bolster K&Ps claim that every single abortion is due to life not having value.

If that is also your belief, then, sure. You win.
grumpy

Huntington Station, NY

#303323 Jul 5, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie was the one who felt compelled to point out the disparity in those who choose to give birth vs those who choose to kill as evidence that life is indeed valued. So by her logic could we then conclude that if the numbers were reversed, and that there were 4 million abortions as opposed to 800 thousand live births, that life was NOT valued ? If not then why raise the disparity in numbers at all ?
I didn't shoot down Katie's logic. I obliterated it.
<quoted text>
If what you say is true and abortion is not about devaluing human life, then why would Katie feel the need to point out the birth/abortion number disparity as evidence that life is valued ?
If what you say is true, and for argument's sake I'll grant you it is, then the birth/abortion ratio would be immaterial relative to the issue of valued life. It shouldn't make any difference whether or not there were 800 abortions or 800 million. Katie however, clearly felt it WAS material.
You need to make sure you're on the same page with those whose logic you choose to defend.
But as long as you oppose choice you have no way of discerning logic.
Is religion logical?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#303324 Jul 5, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you'd be interested to know that later this month Twinkies will be back on the store shelves.
I find it sad that you know this. To be SO anxiously awaiting their arrival that you keep track like that.

Your obsession with weight and food tell us that you are projecting onto others. You must be eat these things yourself to go on about them so much.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#303327 Jul 5, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
UK Church of Satan:
"Unfortunate to see Satan's name used in such a diabolical manner. Another example of what 'Satanism' doesn't represent.#HailSatan"

Will wonders never cease?
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#303328 Jul 5, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "Civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy"
Your personal privacy & bodily autonomy rights end where another's body begins. DNA analysis is definitive: Preborn baby is NOT part of mom's body.
________
Katie V.: "The embryo is the size of a Tic Tac."
Discrimination to death based on size & stage of human development? Interesting standard coming from a woman who is "perimenopausal." Ya know?
________
Katie V.: "Terminating unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy is seen as self-defense"
Please look up the definition of "self-defense." Preborn baby is doing nothing malicious or w/ malintent/ill-will.
________
Katie V.: "A while back, one poster here mistook a canine embryo for a human embryo. That oughta tell you how recognizable the human form was."
Let me defer to your proabort pal bHitler to help you to distinguish what is a canine, and who is a human being in utero:
NR: If the DNA sample comes back "dog," where did that sample originally come from?
Bitner: I'm sure it would say "canine". And that would mean it came from a canine.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
________
Katie V.: "According to the 14th Amendment it's when Americans are "...born or naturalized..." in these great United States."
Not only American citizens have rights.
Thankfully, when you get pregnant, NR, nobody can legally force you to abort. Aren't you glad you live in America where Roe v Wade protects women and their pregnancies??
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#303329 Jul 5, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you'd be interested to know that later this month Twinkies will be back on the store shelves.
One can make a yellow cake and layer whip cream in the middle. Better than a Twinkie any day. But you'd probably not spend the time to make something yourself. You'd rather just grab it off the shelf regardless of what chemicals are used to preserve it.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#303330 Jul 5, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
One can make a yellow cake and layer whip cream in the middle. Better than a Twinkie any day. But you'd probably not spend the time to make something yourself. You'd rather just grab it off the shelf regardless of what chemicals are used to preserve it.
Katie! Long live Twinkie. Guess what though, the new management is going to investigate gluten-free, sodium and sugar reduced, along with added fiber products.

I had a deep-fried Twinkie.(Puddles, don't get excited, I only tried it once). It was interesting - a meld of crunch and cream. Which is why I've always wanted to make a Baked Alaska but have yet to face that challenge.

Off topic. Hmm. Abortion should always be a private decision and the emphasis should remain on the individual woman who has opted to terminate her pregnancy. Others should tend to their own chickens.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#303333 Jul 5, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "America where Roe v Wade protects women"

Babies are born. Numerous laws protect them from being killed.
Next.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#303334 Jul 5, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Junk-food Junket In her Trunket: "Katie! Long live Twinkie. New management is investigating adding fiber."
________
You two need fiber. Lots of fiber.
Puddles! It's not my fault that you suffer from chronic constipation. Rather explains why you always seems to post with a jammed up 'tude. Hydrate yourself and lay off binders like your bananas.

Off topic. Hmm. Abortion rates are dwindling. Shouldn't you alleged PL'ers be focused on the why? Is it possible that comprehensive sex-ed and affordable/readily available contraceptives play a key?
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#303338 Jul 5, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie! Long live Twinkie. Guess what though, the new management is going to investigate gluten-free, sodium and sugar reduced, along with added fiber products.
I had a deep-fried Twinkie.(Puddles, don't get excited, I only tried it once). It was interesting - a meld of crunch and cream. Which is why I've always wanted to make a Baked Alaska but have yet to face that challenge.
Off topic. Hmm. Abortion should always be a private decision and the emphasis should remain on the individual woman who has opted to terminate her pregnancy. Others should tend to their own chickens.
AJ! That is interesting news for the Twinkie. Hope it works out the way intended. If ever you do try to make a Baked Alaska, I'd bet you'd do well with it.

And, as always, you're correct regarding the private decisions women make upon learning they're pregnant.

Hope you have a great weekend :)
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#303340 Jul 5, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>She hoarded them at wal-mart. And she will hoard the new ones too.
There you go projecting again...

:-/
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#303341 Jul 5, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>I say life is valued, its you, and other culture of death followers who do not value life. This culture, is going the way of ancient Rome in fact, the U.S. will implode. Your culture of death is actually coercing young minds to believe as you do, and if they don't they are labeled bigots.
Yes, life has value. You are the one claiming the opposite. You have no reason to believe anything other than the lies you've been taught and have shown no interest in educating yourself with the facts.

You can continue claiming women don't value life and there's a culture of death coercing young minds regardless of the number of annual live births or the fact the number of annual abortions continues to decline.

One would think you'd be crowing about how all the PLM's hard work is finally paying off, but no. You continue to rant and rave about specious things like a culture of death that doesn't even exist except within your mind and those who are like-minded.
Katie

Maple Valley, WA

#303342 Jul 5, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Go ahead and gorge on that to, I think NR will agree with me.
The only Gorge I do is the one at George. The Gorge at George. Look it up.
Ocean56

AOL

#303344 Jul 5, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
And you my dear Ocean. Should teach sex ed in the schools. Common sense does not have to be religious.

If you have read any of my posts you know I was fooled by someone said it was love. Etc etc..And we had no BC then and absolutely no sex ed.
Just don t do it till your married and a boyfriend who said why wait the 5months till we marry.
Men lie..girls are stupid ..but they should also know about PROPER contraception..did you see foo s list of common misconceptions ..
The abortion rate in this day and age e is outrageous..
And little to r is and boys hooking up.Is so disrespectful of one's self ..It's atrocious.
I wish these celebs and yes the schools etc could get t together and do REAL PSAs on the web..o n tv ..the kids listen to them..
Rose, I agree, with all the above. And thanks for the compliment.:-)

About "teaching sex ed in the schools," I think there's more than one way to accomplish that. Who says that teaching -- and learning -- has to be limited to the school building and the classroom? I certainly don't.

I'm going to explore an idea that just popped into my head. I'll get back to you.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#303346 Jul 5, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, I agree, with all the above. And thanks for the compliment.:-)
About "teaching sex ed in the schools," I think there's more than one way to accomplish that. Who says that teaching -- and learning -- has to be limited to the school building and the classroom? I certainly don't.
I'm going to explore an idea that just popped into my head. I'll get back to you.
Now that sounds like the real Ocean..Nit a busybody telling me to

Get off topic..WB
Ocean56

AOL

#303347 Jul 5, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
Now that sounds like the real Ocean..Not a busybody telling me to Get off topic..WB
Thanks! If you're interested and have some time, feel free to check out a new discussion thread:

Teen Pregnancy Prevention - Topix
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T2AJ...

Everyone else is invited to do the same, of course. I saw no reason why some practical information for teen girls AND guys to consider before having sex for the first time shouldn't be provided. The way I see it, the more teen pregnancies are PREVENTED, the better.

If the link doesn't work for some reason, the new thread should be on the "Abortion Forum" topics list.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Obama is a joke 1,406,157
Mosby 3 hr Hilda 4
3.5 bizarro. 4 hr D block 1
News The Collapse of the Freddie Gray Case Leaves an... 7 hr bozo 2
Are Negoes closer to apes than Humans?. 8 hr MR Science 1
Review: Around The States Moving & Storage (Apr '15) 10 hr MariiaC3 52
DA needs to resign Thu foosure 6

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance