Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311629 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

The Prince

Allentown, PA

#297845 May 26, 2013
walks with angels wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say anyone is nasty? What insults am I responsible for? Please show me my transgressions and I will offer a thousand pardons!
I'm new here. Give me a chance to get to know people please.
Your location says you are not "new" here. However, if in fact you are, you will find the proabortion pagans to be vile. They hate Christians but will tolerate you if you betray most of the tenets of the Faith. They hate Christianity, they hate children. Sick and perverted , they push their militant proabotion lesbonic agenda.
Fred W

Asheville, NC

#297846 May 26, 2013
Ha ?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297847 May 26, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Your location says you are not "new" here. However, if in fact you are, you will find the proabortion pagans to be vile. They hate Christians but will tolerate you if you betray most of the tenets of the Faith. They hate Christianity, they hate children. Sick and perverted , they push their militant proabotion lesbonic agenda.
Again with the 'hate'.

You sure are fond of that word. You and your cronies are the only ones who use it - wonder why that is??
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297848 May 26, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Walks seems a nice person. How csn you tell by location if they are new. Mine had me in Frsnce and Ireland one day.

I was on that Catholic is the true church forum today. Didnt see you or razz. Lots of elevated debate. And no nasty though kind of heated..oh well. I thought it would be up your slley when I gave you thr link.

As far as the tenets of my faith Ivtry to follow follow them every day.

We all fall short unfortunately and have to pray to fo better
Spooner

Pearl, MS

#297849 May 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was trying to point out "in a nice way " that cpeter was wrong.:)
We know the fate of satan, which is the lake of fire.
I realize their are many christians within many churches or no church at all, since we are the church. Many believe one should observe the Lords supper every week, some believe as often as they should is ok, and I don't think it matters on much of what we do or how we worship, but there are some things that we must stand firm on.
If one says they are a christian, but that there are more ways than He, or other gods, then something is bad wrong.
If someone says they are a "good " person and that's enough. Again -somethings wrong.
A guy rode a unicycle across a canyon on a high wire, and when finished he ask the crowd how many think I can ride across with someone on my shoulders? They all said yes they "believed ", but when asked who wants to put their faith and trust, and be the first to let me give them a ride? None came forward.:)
Everyone wants to go to Heaven, but no one wants to die to get there !!
Gtown71

United States

#297850 May 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to YOU. Again, you try to demean other faiths, but you only speak volumes about your own opressiveness. It means a great deal to those that belive in those faiths.
Foo, I'm afraid you have tunnel vision, when looking at my post.

I stated only those in christ were CHRISTIANS and that what the CHRISTIAN "CHURCH " called itself DID NOT MATTER.

I SAID NOTHING ABOUT ANY OTHER FAITH.

ONLY CHRISTIAN.

if the name that's over a door is more important than Christ, then they should question the Christianity.
Gtown71

United States

#297851 May 27, 2013
Spooner wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone wants to go to Heaven, but no one wants to die to get there !!
Or even better "be willing " to die for IT.:(
Wow

Falls City, NE

#297852 May 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its MUCH sadder that your so called 'great' diocese is such a failure. After all, they can't even teach YOU what it means to be a good or decent PERSON, let alone a Christian.
You're a piece of shit, who shames her faith - and worse, doesn't seme to care.
You're WELCOME to your delusions Kuntbar, but dont you DARE expect anyone to share them.
LOL. you are pathetic and sad. Isn't it sad you have to use derogatory names all the time? You are very unhappy aren't ya? If you would love God instead of hating God , maybe you would be happier and not use filthy language that teenagers use . You live in darkness foo.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297853 May 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Again with the 'hate'.
You sure are fond of that word. You and your cronies are the only ones who use it - wonder why that is??
What? LOL ,ladi you used the word hate alot. People who support abortion rights hate God . You have to because you are for destroying God's Image.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297854 May 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I DONT hate G-d Knutbar, far from it.
However your jesus doesn't mean shit to me and certainly ISN'T my g-d.
Are you TRULY this stupid, or are you senile and need it explained to you 350 MORE times that your jesus is meaningless to those of the Jewish faith?
And you don't know your history of your own faith, real pathetic foo, real pathetic. The God of Abraham is the God of the Christians too whether you want to believe it or not. And yes, Christ is God.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#297858 May 27, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>What? LOL ,ladi you used the word hate alot. People who support abortion rights hate God . You have to because you are for destroying God's Image.
Lala executed her son Derick so she could play tennis her senior year of college.

Thirty years later, she's STILL desperately trying to justify what she did. And failing. Miserably. Again.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#297859 May 27, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>What? LOL ,ladi you used the word hate alot. People who support abortion rights hate God . You have to because you are for destroying God's Image.
In my case, you and everyone else knows that I don't hate your or anyone else's god. I can't hate what doesn't exist. In fact, I can honestly say that I don't hate anyone. Hate is a waste of energy. I do like churches and temples, however. They are quiet, clean and smell good. I go to the 300-year-old Catholic Church near my house to read and think. I always put a few dollars in the collection box, in good will. I'm real neighborly, like that.:-)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297860 May 27, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Lala executed her son Derick so she could play tennis her senior year of college.
Thirty years later, she's STILL desperately trying to justify what she did. And failing. Miserably. Again.
Hmmm dif name and location but will say tis

well judge not lest ye be judged.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297861 May 27, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal and nasty post imo. And no excuse for it. Is this how you talk to women at the clinics??

Seriiusly want to know this..

i think abortion is a horrid choice for a woman..for many reason s. But there is no excuse excusefor this sentiment spouted off like that.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297862 May 27, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>In my case, you and everyone else knows that I don't hate your or anyone else's god. I can't hate what doesn't exist. In fact, I can honestly say that I don't hate anyone. Hate is a waste of energy. I do like churches and temples, however. They are quiet, clean and smell good. I go to the 300-year-old Catholic Church near my house to read and think. I always put a few dollars in the collection box, in good will. I'm real neighborly, like that.:-)
That peace just might come from Him..his little gift just for you:)

We dont have to believe in God for him himto exist.

I used to read in our hospital chapel. Felt closer some how
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#297863 May 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Still glad they printed it for the reasons I stated.
Knit said the baby died.
The thing is its a baby wanted or not.
I know K&P posted the baby had died. That's why I responded to her post.

The thing is, Rose, the term BABY is an endearment and can be applied to anything under the sun.

There are physiological differences between fetuses and newborns. A fetus cannot survive outside the womb, a newborn cannot survive inside the womb.

Accurate terms and descriptions are very important when one group of people are collectively using blatant manipulation and discriminatory tactics to steal women's civil right to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.

Again, I'll ask, why is this woman's story any more important than another woman's story regarding individual choices with pregnancy?

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#297866 May 27, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
Uh, knit?

That isn't me?
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#297867 May 27, 2013
Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text>The baby died, read the story.
That doesn't answer the question. Would you have adopted the baby before he died?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#297868 May 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm dif name and location but will say tis
well judge not lest ye be judged.
"Admonish the sinner"
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#297870 May 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I know K&P posted the baby had died. That's why I responded to her post.
The thing is, Rose, the term BABY is an endearment and can be applied to anything under the sun.
There are physiological differences between fetuses and newborns. A fetus cannot survive outside the womb, a newborn cannot survive inside the womb.
Accurate terms and descriptions are very important when one group of people are collectively using blatant manipulation and discriminatory tactics to steal women's civil right to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.
Again, I'll ask, why is this woman's story any more important than another woman's story regarding individual choices with pregnancy?
The simple answer Katie is like a lot of stories in the news it touches something inside us. She feels it is her baby for one thing. Secondly though this child has no future she is going to birth her child to spend the rest of her pregnancy and his short life loving him.
The fact that others have come together to celebrate this life is a great thing
.and a story.

Many woukd just abort him. She is not . That also makes it a story.

I believe every life sacred. I know that baby will be with God.

And I do not use the word baby to manipulate anyone. To me they are babies..to the mother it is her baby.

Freedom of speech is for all of us.

I had this same discussion before and afraid we will on this terminology have to agree to disagree.

In some of my posts I use the term human offspring. Just to get around semantics and argue a bit less.

My children in the womb. Even the one that was not planned were babies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Homer 1,420,536
Review: Around The States Moving & Storage (Apr '15) 5 hr donD783 68
News Baltimore reaches 200 homicideswith man s fatal... 9 hr grounded in reali... 1
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! 23 hr Dusttinn 2
Cant find no h 23 hr Dusttinn 1
News Stateville gets new lease on life as Pontiac pr... (May '08) Sun Satellite 55
News Belmont: The Bronx 's true Little Italy - (Aug '07) Sat I dont know 104

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages