Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 331034 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Tacoma, WA

#296334 May 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Unfortunately, there is an issue with this laptop; sometimes it takes phrases out of order and replants them elsewhere. I didn't catch it in that post. And yes, you're correct.
<quoted text>
Is it Windows 8? That sh*t happens all the time with mine.
My cursor seems to have its own ideas... I'll be writing something and next thing I'm dropping down half a page trying to find the cursor. grrr!
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296335 May 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if she was forced -God should be able to do as He pleases, right?
He truly doesn't have to have you guys approval first. Yet cpeter, lets say evolution is real "although it isn't ", then how old should a girl be allowed to have kids?
Biologicaly speaking, Mary was probably able to have kids waaay, before She had Jesus .
She was blessed to be allowed to carry and birth, the onlt begotten Son of God :)
I disagree. GOD knew she would say be it done unto me or the angel would have gone elsewhere. There was no forcing. He chose her ..knew who she would be. Both SHE and Joseph from the line of David.

He knew who she was. What her answer would be when he spoke of her seed in the Garden.

Most say she was around Sixteen.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296336 May 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
My cursor seems to have its own ideas... I'll be writing something and next thing I'm dropping down half a page trying to find the cursor. grrr!
Do you or can you use a mouse with Windows 8'
I have 7 on comp

I disables the built in one. If I breathed on it it seemed to move the cursor. I have one if those mini that you plug in. works much better
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296337 May 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Or may be able to make it less sensitive. I got mine to stop but not sure if you can change sensitivity.
I like 7

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296338 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Or may be able to make it less sensitive. I got mine to stop but not sure if you can change sensitivity.
I like 7
I replaced my laptop recently, and was advised that I could no longer purchase a new computer with Windows 7, and that computers manufactured after 2011 were no longer equipped with a word processing program...had to buy that separately. It took me weeks to get used to Windows 8, and so many things are different. One has to 'figure out' how to find the power access, for example, among many other things...I miss Windows 7, too... like, a lot!

And you're right about the cursor, too - I'm constantly having to re-adjust it, especially in replies here on Topix.

Windows 8 was not designed for laptops, but for touch screen cell phones. And it shows. Bleah.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#296339 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. GOD knew she would say be it done unto me or the angel would have gone elsewhere. There was no forcing. He chose her ..knew who she would be. Both SHE and Joseph from the line of David.
He knew who she was. What her answer would be when he spoke of her seed in the Garden.
Most say she was around Sixteen.
Sorry, but the way you describe it makes it pretty creepy. Seriously.

Location hidden

#296340 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I replaced my laptop recently, and was advised that I could no longer purchase a new computer with Windows 7, and that computers manufactured after 2011 were no longer equipped with a word processing program...had to buy that separately. It took me weeks to get used to Windows 8, and so many things are different. One has to 'figure out' how to find the power access, for example, among many other things...I miss Windows 7, too... like, a lot!
And you're right about the cursor, too - I'm constantly having to re-adjust it, especially in replies here on Topix.
Windows 8 was not designed for laptops, but for touch lo screen cell phones. And it shows. Bleah.
I need a new computer before I go back to school. I think I'm going to hold out for a Mac.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296341 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I replaced my laptop recently, and was advised that I could no longer purchase a new computer with Windows 7, and that computers manufactured after 2011 were no longer equipped with a word processing program...had to buy that separately. It took me weeks to get used to Windows 8, and so many things are different. One has to 'figure out' how to find the power access, for example, among many other things...I miss Windows 7, too... like, a lot!
Windows 8 was not designed for laptops, but for touch screen cell phones. And it shows. Bleah.
Can you use a plug in mouse and disable the one in the computer. I think it's in devices if they still have that.
I saw a friend's but not closely..looks like a Windows phone with rich screen.you 're right. Not all Windows upgrades are for the best. That is,for sure.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296342 May 16, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but the way you describe it makes it pretty creepy. Seriously.
Well the main thing ..it was not creepy for Mary. She was not required to have carnal knowledge in order to acquiesce like the supposed pagan God's with their phony priest standing in for the "gods"' to me that is creepy. Just sayin.
It is a mystery of Faith. We believe that in order for the sacrifice to be perfect..it had to be a Man without sin..but there were none. JESUS was fully man (through Mary) and fully God.

He had to be. The perfect unblemished lamb led to slaughter.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296343 May 16, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but the way you describe it makes it pretty creepy. Seriously.
And I personally cannot understand why this Great God would want us for company let alone as children. To send His Son that way to teach us a better way to live and be close to His Father. And then to die a horrid death

and then to have His teaching perverted by some peopkexdoingcawful things in His name.

But God never changes. He saved the Jews time and again because He loved them. Because He knew some would be faithful. For some reason He wants us with Him in heaven. In the Eden He meant for us.
He sent His Son for the same reason Love..
WHEN I think of the greatness and love from Him it makes me in awe.

And it defies reason and worldly explanation :)

Location hidden

#296344 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the main thing ..it was not creepy for Mary. She was not required to have carnal knowledge in order to acquiesce like the supposed pagan God's with their phony priest standing in for the "gods"' to me that is creepy. Just sayin.
It is a mystery of Faith. We believe that in order for the sacrifice to be perfect..it had to be a Man without sin..but there were none. JESUS was fully man (through Mary) and fully God.
Okey dokey. It's your story to enjoy.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296345 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you use a plug in mouse and disable the one in the computer. I think it's in devices if they still have that.
I saw a friend's but not closely..looks like a Windows phone with rich screen.you 're right. Not all Windows upgrades are for the best. That is,for sure.
I really like the touch-pad mouse with which both my laptops are equipped, but yes, I could have put a regular mouse on either of them. Not sure if it would cure the problem of 'crazy cursor', but it would sure add more 'spaghetti' to the maze of cordage on my desk...

Windows 8 rots, sucks, and blows!

I still hate it.

:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296347 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
"The perfect unblemished lamb led to slaughter." ???
That REALLY sounds creepy.

One of the hardest things for me to accept about the Christian mythology, was the 'lamb to the slaughter' bit. Even as a small child, I found it terribly unfair, and was glad >I< wasn't Jesus.

Seems that God created him, only to kill him. Horribly.
And He didn't even have the guts to do it Himself...had Judas Iscariot, and Pontius Pilate do his dirty work, and got His supposedly Chosen People to celebrate it!!

And now the Christians eat and drink him every Sunday.
Sick.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296348 May 16, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Okey dokey. It's your story to enjoy.
:) and hope you read both posts..Lol. I forget to add something so have to do 2 but try to direct them to the same person. So easy to miss stuff..and I only use a, 7 inch screen!!
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296349 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>"The perfect unblemished lamb led to slaughter." ???
One of the hardest things for me to accept about the Christian mythology, was the 'lamb to the slaughter' bit. Even as a small child, I found it terribly unfair, and was glad >I< wasn't Jesus.
And He didn't even have the guts to do it Himself...had Judas Iscariot, and Pontius Pilate do his dirty work, and got His supposedly Chosen People to celebrate it!!
Sick.
Well an interesting take on it. BUT YES as I said I don't understand why he bothered. It is God's own justice to satisfy and He did it the only possible way.
But don't forget that he came for His children to give them a better way..Not through the priests..Not through anyone but
Between us and Him.
All the rest to me is just trappings. It's our heart he hears each time we call him.
He wants us to worship Him true..but it's our relationship to Him that is important.

All the parables Jesus told point to this relationship between Father and child.:)

All the rituals and sacraments and rules mean nothing without it.
IMHO
rosesz

San Jose, CA

#296350 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I really like the touch-pad mouse with which both my laptops are equipped, but yes, I could have put a regular mouse on either of them. Not sure if it would cure the problem of 'crazy cursor', but it would sure add more 'spaghetti' to the maze of cordage on my desk...
Windows 8 rots, sucks, and blows!
I still hate it.
Well I know about the spaghetti. But the mouse is worth it..If you can DC the mouse pad it should work. But not sure on 8' only had x p and 7.

Don't you have to also use Windows live for everything??

Weird thing. Hubby got a Windows work phone. He really never used the net stuff. Was something I tried to put on for it..it asked for a Windows I'd. So I used mine. Well next time on both phones..he had all my contacts and I had his. IT WAS CREEPY.lol

Location hidden

#296351 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And I personally cannot understand why this Great God would want us for company let alone as children. To send His Son that way to teach us a better way to live and be close to His Father. And then to die a horrid death
and then to have His teaching perverted by some peopkexdoingcawful things in His name.
But God never changes. He saved the Jews time and again because He loved them. Because He knew some would be faithful. For some reason He wants us with Him in heaven. In the Eden He meant for us.
He sent His Son for the same reason Love..
WHEN I think of the greatness and love from Him it makes me in awe.
And it defies reason and worldly explanation :)
A Polish Jew who survived the Nazis called the Holocaust "God's Long Nap."

Location hidden

#296352 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>"The perfect unblemished lamb led to slaughter." ???
Sick.
Did you know that Jesus' blood tastes like Gallo Burgundy?

Location hidden

#296353 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
:) and hope you read both posts..Lol. I forget to add something so have to do 2 but try to direct them to the same person. So easy to miss stuff..and I only use a, 7 inch screen!!
Yes, I saw it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296354 May 16, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that Jesus' blood tastes like Gallo Burgundy?
Cheap Christians... can't even spring for decent vino.

Lived in Modesto for too long to actually 'enjoy' Gallo ANYTHING.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Jacques Ottawa 1,710,868
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 min Dangerous citys 21,447
News Merger announced between Kopernik Bank and St. ... (Feb '17) Fri ANONYMOUS 5
Fri Drop 1
everybuddy.gq Feb 20 Bos 1
korryn gaines Feb 17 kyman 1
News 92Q radio lays off 2 of its morning personalities (Nov '08) Feb 15 Ronnie pridgett jr 76

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages