Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,955
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#293943 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text><snipped>
Do not believe all of the women pioneers of the sixties would see all of these abortions as a good thing.
For what it's worth, and unless I missed it, no one is saying that abortion is a "good thing". When it comes to reproductive choices, that's an intensely personal decision. Whether a woman chooses abortion, adoption or keeping and raising the child, the decision should be left to the pregnant woman and no one else should be able to make that decision for her.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#293944 Apr 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's very difficult to have sex in one's conjunction.
<quoted text>
CPeter, have I told you how much I love thee? ROFLMAO!! ;o)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#293945 Apr 27, 2013
The chinese are experiencing massive overpopulation; it's a desperate attempt to rein in a country with nearly 20% of the planet's population. The chinese revere the elderly; they'll work harder at regulating pregnancy than consider offing the elderly.

We need to reduce our population as well, but not as urgently. Better to recognize that women have a right to terminate their own pregnancy.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
To repeat something in my last post..the Chinese have great population control..the next step IS FORCED abortion..killing off tge old getting rid of tge handicapped etc
It is a slippery slope that we have been on since Roe.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#293946 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
KATIE
It's done when it's done. Am all for peace and love. And for my words not being mangled into different meanings. You read what you wanted to read. Bitner even told you you were off base. But you willfully cling to your misinterpretation. Even now. It's like a false accusation you've made against me. But I don't remember reading an apology about it. Did I miss it)
Katie
One more time. I know Bitner agreed with you. BUT you were saying 4 million births if we remove abortion it would be 5 million. We could not sustain that rate with people living to 100.....or words to that effect. It does sound like an argument for abortion Being helpful to population control. Believe it is on pags 15..
However if I misinterpreted the words you typed. I do apologize.
LOST THE QUOTES somehow
In another attempt to resolve this issue, Rose, I will again show how you've misunderstood what I've said even while carrying on as if you had no misunderstanding.

The word SUSTAIN does not refer to birthrate. It refers to the whole population and the resources used to support it as a whole.

I admit I'm baffled how you got the meaning you got. And baffled even more that you won't concede and apologize for your wrongful accusation based upon your misunderstanding while insisting your misunderstanding is true.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying without Roe a doctir coukd force me to end my pregnancy. Idont remember anything like that before Roe. Women forced to abort. Advisdd to deliver early probably in life and death situations..but no one was pulling babies out against moms wishes.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctors, gov't, and courts. There have been prior rulings where women were court ordered to abort... but at least one legally was able to use her right to refuse.
It may be generations in the future, but these are our daughters, nieces, granddaughters, etc. Or it may just be one or two generations in the future. We have almost 316M people in this country alone. Over four million live births a year will take a toll. Remove abortion, there'll be almost five million live births a year. How long can we sustain that? Especially when more and more people are regularly making it to their 100th birthdays?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293947 Apr 27, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember a Karen on here. You're not thinking of Old Lady, are you? OL used to post on here and she was very kind hearted. I haven't seen her post in a while. Sassy JM was always Sassy JM. Sometimes, she posts with variations on "Sassy" but I don't think she posts under other names.
I am probably not remembering right She took some flack from thd PL side for things she had told about herself. I hated that..
i think I do remember an Old Lady..bsides me lol..think she baked a lot or somekne did..had some foodie discussions one night. Lol

Think I remembef a JM..and a Lynne..or something..and of courss Chicky who thinks I am stubborn.. probably right on there
worships reality

AOL

#293948 Apr 27, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a "health" clinic, for men AND women.
For god's sake, do some research yourself you stupid thing.
here's the idiot who doesn't know a colon from a semi colon but was going to teach someone else about punctuation, scolding someone else for not doing research.
i especially like the way you ignored my post that further proved your stupidity. claimed you thought you were looking at a semi colon because you didn't have your glasses, yet still went on to use the definition of a colon. what a dumbass.
and you've got the nerve to scold anyone else for not doing research before they say something stupid ?!?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293949 Apr 27, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth, and unless I missed it, no one is saying that abortion is a "good thing". When it comes to reproductive choices, that's an intensely personal decision. Whether a woman chooses abortion, adoption or keeping and raising the child, the decision should be left to the pregnant woman and no one else should be able to make that decision for her.
But no one could hsve forseen 50 mklliln especially when the pill came along..I gbought PP wss foing thd world a service by promoting birth control..

But sadly I do not anymore. IMHO..once something becones a big business..thers is no incentive for them to cut down on its revenue.. I suggested that they use some of their government money to supply their abortion clients with birth control ..shots .or pilks for a year say and classes too.

If one abortion is hard on the body..two would be worse etc..these would be the type of things aimed at the very women who need them..

There are so many ways to cut down the NEED for so many abortions..but it is not something the pols are interested in as far as I can see.
Gtown71

United States

#293950 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> No shock that you like a fraud.
<quoted text> Except hes NOT a scientist you ass. Hell, he went to a non-accredited college, and his "degree" isn't legally recoginzed anywhere.
So unless the us gov recognizes a persons degrees, then they aren't smart?

I know kids who were home schooled that can run circles around any public school kids.
Dr. Hovinds personal convictions about paying his taxes has nothing to do with his knowledge of science.
Does your personal life have an effect on whay you do for a living, either now or in the past?
He's a bit to self rightious for me on alot, but I still think he's a smart man, and pointing out where REAL science leaves and FAITH science begins.

Whenever science says "we believe " thus and thus happened long ago and far away, then that's faith honey no matter how you stack it :)
Gtown71

United States

#293951 Apr 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Science DOES stick to what it knows. Your failure to understand scientific method doesn't change that. That is the whole point. YOU stick to what you BELIEVE, and pretend you know.
I disagree that spiritual things don't make sense. My religious beliefs speak to my heart, AND make sense to my mind. If yours do not, then it's time to consider that it's not your mind at fault, but the beliefs themselves.
Spiritual matters "speak " to many.
Its not faith in faith.
Its not even a warm fuzzy feeling, which can be a nice bonus, notice most people have some type of spiritual side.
I've met those who said they were closest to god when they were on cocaine or other mind altering drugs -they probably was :)

If you spin around over and over chanting any name -you might get all kinds of spiritual, but it is something the flesh works up -not from God in most cases.

When the flood ended all on board knew God, throughout time many left, which is no shocker.
Oriental people are the most spiritual folks on the planet, and they may have many many gods.

Science is good.
Faith science is not.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#293952 Apr 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
LOL, oh well, no I didn't do it right. Sorry. It was about evolution.
I know this isn't an evolution forum but when the subject comes up it is a quick way to see who can actually have a scientific, evidence based discussion and who cannot. Rosez is an example of someone who is so fixed in her beliefs that she literally cannot engage in a logical discussion. And that shows in all of her posts.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#293953 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer to all of history and the future is in John 3:16. And for context ..the verses near it. FOR God so loved the world ..He gave His only begotten Son ...that we may not perish. All of the Old testament prophecies tell of tge Messiah. Isaih speaks of His suffering. He was given the only perfdct sacrifice for sin..fully human but fully divine.
The answers to your evolution theory however can be found in Genesis.a lot easier to believe than we once were a burst of energy...then crawled out of the sea....became chimps or whatever ..and then became men. God breathed life into the first man..new tests I read somewhere show we all have common mitichondral
DNA..Humans do that is. ITcame from Eve the created woman.
We did not evolve from chimps. We came from a "common ancestor" which also explains why we share so much of the same DNA with other species. Also, skeletal remains clearly indicate that there were earlier versions of humans.

As for Genesis...that would mean we had our origins from incest, and would be horrible mutants by now since we all came from the same familial gene pool that started with just 2 people.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#293954 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But no one could hsve forseen 50 mklliln especially when the pill came along..I gbought PP wss foing thd world a service by promoting birth control..
But sadly I do not anymore. IMHO..once something becones a big business..thers is no incentive for them to cut down on its revenue.. I suggested that they use some of their government money to supply their abortion clients with birth control ..shots .or pilks for a year say and classes too.
If one abortion is hard on the body..two would be worse etc..these would be the type of things aimed at the very women who need them..
There are so many ways to cut down the NEED for so many abortions..but it is not something the pols are interested in as far as I can see.
Can you try to form a coherent argument for once? You seem to think that the reason women are getting pregnant is wanton rampant hooking-up and no interest in contraception. You seem to be unable to grasp that there are areas in this country, as well as in the rest of the developed world, where religious puritanical beliefs about sex are almost non-existent. In those areas, contraceptive use is very high and unwanted pregnancies are very rare. Look in the mirror. People like you, the churches you support, and the politicians you elect are the primary reason so many young girls get pregnant. You thwart sex-education at every opportunity. You oppose free, readily available contraception for teens or low-income women. You deny science, which encourages your children to think whatever they believe is as valid as anything else. You do everything you can to make visiting a PP clinic as inconvenient as possible and then shriek that women aren't using enough contraception.

Planned Parenthood would prefer to see literally no abortions take place; they would much rather see 100% use of contraception. Women would much rather not get pregnant in the first place than have an abortion. They would like easy access to inexpensive, long-term methods such as IUDs.

But your head is so far up you know where that you cannot see that your efforts are in direct opposition to what you claim you want. Not only are you the worst enemy to young women at risk, you are your own worst enemy. American taliban.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#293955 Apr 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest the gospels in all 4 perhaps. I've been told it is a view from 4 different angles.
One tells two of my favorite words in the bible "and peter"
After Jesus Christ rose from the dead -the message was clear to those who found the empty tomb. go tell the disiples AND PETER that HE HAS RISEN!!
Peter was a disiple, so why would they point him out special?
If you've read -you would know peter had just turned his back on his Lord and Savior "I can relate", BUT that Never took his Savior by surprize.
Peter was feeling about as low as a person could, and THAT IS WHY Jesus wanted him to know all was well! I for one am very thankful.
Those who know not God, or not known of God, are not tested.
Only His children are tested, and that is only to help us, not to make us quailify for Heaven.
We are quailfied "justified " the very momment we are "truly born again "
The last words the lost hear from a Holy God -depart ye workers of iniquity FOR I NEVER KNEW YOU.
plus it may never make sense, there's nothing about spiritual things that make much sense to the carnal mind.
I don't know how a black cow eats green grass, and gives off white milk, but it happens everyday.
If science shows the answer, and they do -great, but they should stick to what they KNOW, not what they BELIEVE -THAT'S When it becomes faith.
"We are quailfied "justified " the very momment we are "truly born again "

Are you of the belief that even the most devout Jewish Rabbi will not gain admittance to Heaven?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#293956 Apr 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do fight that issue, thinking in the wrong frame of mind. I should never be ok with abortion, BUT if there was never another abortion EVER, and only married people had sex, staying together till death, and no more bad movie, everyone went to church every time the doors were open, and everyone was kind, and the countries crime rate went to zero. The government did all they could THE RIGHT WAY. people would still be dying and going to Hell.
Our best days are as filthy rags in His sight.
He is only impressed with what His Son has done, and those who have accepted Him.:)
Jesus Christ truly saves.
Ps. Try an experiment is you will -if you know you don't know God, try and watch an hour or two of Dr. Hovinds theory. Watch how uncomfortable you may get. Maybe keep a paper, and write down how your mind wanders, how many times you get up to "do " anything. That's the same for watching anything or reading anything about God.
There are spirits working around you, that will try anything to gain peoples attention.
How many times I've seen this myself.:)
And why would God allow good people to go to Hell? Do you believe God would be so petty as to punish good people simply for not believing in Jesus? It just makes no sense.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293957 Apr 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spiritual matters "speak " to many.
Its not faith in faith.
Its not even a warm fuzzy feeling, which can be a nice bonus, notice most people have some type of spiritual side.
I've met those who said they were closest to god when they were on cocaine or other mind altering drugs -they probably was :)
If you spin around over and over chanting any name -you might get all kinds of spiritual, but it is something the flesh works up -not from God in most cases.
When the flood ended all on board knew God, throughout time many left, which is no shocker.
Oriental people are the most spiritual folks on the planet, and they may have many many gods.
Science is good.
Faith science is not.
Just read something on a site you may like..sibce you asked..those eho walk by sight msy be blind..but those wh walk by faith can truly see..i was reading a page called DNA day..I will let you read it..... the sight is Answers in genesis..dont think you will find Hovind in there have heard a lot about this..enjoy
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#293959 Apr 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So unless the us gov recognizes a persons degrees, then they aren't smart?
Not at all. But is extraordinarily rare for someone to be an expert in a scientific discipline without the advanced degrees that go along with substantial, focused education. Would you let "Dr" Hovind perform brain surgery on you just because he is smart?
Gtown71 wrote:
<
I know kids who were home schooled that can run circles around any public school kids.)
One, that is false. You said "any public school kids" meaning that you have the knowledge that a few rug rats in your trailer park are smarter than any public school kid anywhere. Interesting claim. Two, that is irrelevant to the discussion.
Gtown71 wrote:
<Dr Hovinds personal convictions about paying his taxes has nothing to do with his knowledge of science.
Agreed.
Gtown71 wrote:
<
Does your personal life have an effect on whay you do for a living, either now or in the past?
Stop drinking.
Gtown71 wrote:
<........but I still think he's a smart man, and pointing out where REAL science leaves and FAITH science begins.)
WTF is 'faith science'?
Gtown71 wrote:
<
Whenever science says "we believe " thus and thus happened long ago and far away, then that's faith honey no matter how you stack it :)
But scientists don't say "we believe'. They say "Based on the observed evidence and extensive testing we have concluded that the theory of evolution by natural selection is the best explanation for the fact of evolution". On, evolution didn't just happen 'long ago and far away', is happens every day.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#293960 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Slippery slope ...for many reasons..oh wait I am due for my death talk with my doc as provided for under tge new healthcadd directives..or is that next year..seriously..what person does not have a talk with his doc about many things..after all I am old.
Your paranoid fantasy has no base in reality. I'm in the geriatric and hospice medical field and I actually know what is real.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#293961 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just read something on a site you may like..sibce you asked..those eho walk by sight msy be blind..but those wh walk by faith can truly see..i was reading a page called DNA day..I will let you read it..... the sight is Answers in genesis..dont think you will find Hovind in there have heard a lot about this..enjoy
Answers in Genesis? LOL This proves that you are bat s**t crazy. Why would you ignore all of the scientific evidence and go to a fundamentalist christian site that claims to disprove evolution? You've already made up your tiny little mind and are simply looking for something that makes you think you actually can justify your conclusion.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293962 Apr 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And why would God allow good people to go to Hell? Do you believe God would be so petty as to punish good people simply for not believing in Jesus? It just makes no sense.
If you are serious for the answer.. none of us is good..God told the Chosen people for his message and it included sacrificing to pay for sins..Jesus was the only possible perfect sacrifice.the only way to cleanse us from our sins..he had no sin until the Cross when all of our sin was imputed to Him..this is why He cried out Father why have you forsaken me..For THe first time since eternity He was separated from the Father..HE BECAME THE EMBODIMENT OF EVERY WICKED ACT EVER TO BE COMMITTED..this was the true sacrifice . He was a man of sorrows who was prophesied to pay for our iniquities. HEcame to teach and be sacrificed.. there was no villain except evil..no people killed Him. They put Him to death..but he never fought it Because it was the plan..

And before He died He said IT IS FINISHED..the price had been paid for mans sin..the lamb was slain..

And then He rose on the third day..to show that we to will live after deatH

Each of us will be judged according to Gods justice.

YOU asked. And I realize a lot of you do not believe..but many of his followers died for professing this truth..why??? Unless it wss the truth.

There have been people causing hate in His name..even here I have seen it in words.... Jesus never professed hate nor wanted vengeance for His death..It was His will that He die and he forgave those killing Him.

And to answer another poster..I may seem illogical in my beliefs..but they ard thru faith not logic..

Many of us GO THRU LIFE WITH A HOLE IN OUR SPIRITS OUR HEARTS....IT IS A GOD SIZED HOLE..that only He can fill..

Peace

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#293963 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am probably not remembering right She took some flack from thd PL side for things she had told about herself. I hated that..
i think I do remember an Old Lady..bsides me lol..think she baked a lot or somekne did..had some foodie discussions one night. Lol
Think I remembef a JM..and a Lynne..or something..and of courss Chicky who thinks I am stubborn.. probably right on there
I wonder if you're talking about Pupsy/Kate. She's PL and she was friendly and got along well with everyone including PC folks. Because of that, she was accused of being a "Judas" despite the fact that she never wavered in her PL and religious beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min woodtick57 1,172,864
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Lugnutz The Holy One 19,591
Civilization Buy Fifa 15 Coins alternation 10 hr popo 1
Review: Flat Rate Office Movers And Storage - O... (Jul '12) Mon Rose Henderson 4
Black and mad (Mar '08) Sun Tameka 11,015
Ruby Tuesday cited for sexual harassment (Aug '08) Sun Tameka 14
Officer shot man after police say she feared fo... Sun MARK TRAINA 1
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:23 am PST