Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313923 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#293544 Apr 25, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
True, after all the woman death was an accident and the babies were already slated for death-he just should have done it a few minutes earlier.
Okay. Wow.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#293545 Apr 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If the child id dead inside the mom I eould think they would induce labor quickly to remove it..no matter how..it is no longer a life and the pregnancy has alreadh been terminated. Not an abortion to my mind. And yes I am a Christian. Thd good Lord gave us the knowledge to alleviate suffering and disease. I am pretty sure it is not healthy to carry around a dead baby.
Can you get pregnant again with a dead fetus in your womb? No, the pregnancy is terminated when the fetus is removed. The life is ended, not the condition of being pregnant. An abortion is not always indicative of terminating a live fetus.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#293546 Apr 25, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the women that went to his "clinic" were too stupid to know that late term abortions were illegal?
In many cases, YES. The one woman he killed didn't even speak english. Others have testified they did NOT give permission for him to abort. Its known he drugged many. In this area of poor and desperate, women, he was free to run amok among people that mainstream socitey wanted to forget about to begin with.

In what kind of a f'd up world do you live in that you blame the VICTIMS??

Location hidden

#293547 Apr 25, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the women that went to his "clinic" were too stupid to know that late term abortions were illegal?
You're starting to come off as though Gosnell is the victim and he would not have performed the abortions had these women not gone to him for the abortions.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293548 Apr 25, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you enjoyed yourselves :)
With an active sex life between you two like that, who would want to stray?
Certainly neither of US....

Location hidden

#293549 Apr 25, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Okay. Wow.
LOL sure it's an accident when a doctors facility is unsterile. Negligence at the least but sure no accident.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#293550 Apr 25, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing was said about Gosnell abortiong for any of those reasons.
Doesn't fit the so-called 'pro-life' agenda, to report that sort of thing...or maybe those women have been traumatized enough, and are refusing to feed themselves to the media.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#293551 Apr 25, 2013
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds to me like your sex life is run by your husband. You use beads "when he promises" and a couple of weeks ago he did a muff dive.
WOW how exciting LMAO.
Time to shake that bore up.
Last time that happened, it scared him pretty bad...I let him take the lead, and we're both happy.

;)

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#293552 Apr 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabid belief in a religion or an organized church has led to a log of unhappiness ..a belief and relationship with God and following the peaceful teachings of Christ does not.. some people confuse the two. But all humans sin.
Well said, Rose. It's been a while since I've seen you post on here. It's good to see you and I hope all is well with you.:o)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#293554 Apr 25, 2013
"Gosnell operated a house of horrors and you supported him."

Sorry, never even heard of the a-hole before he was arrested. Never sent him money or legal advice. How the holy hell is that supporting him?
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Was it a vetinary office too? Gosnell had cats everywhere , cat feces all over the steps and in the operating rooms. The smell of urine made people very ill I read. And what else is sad, planned parenthood has been denying everything . Gosnell operated a house of horrors and you supported him. I also read that there are many more abortion clinics just like Gosnells clinic.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#293555 Apr 25, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Can you get pregnant again with a dead fetus in your womb? No, the pregnancy is terminated when the fetus is removed. The life is ended, not the condition of being pregnant. An abortion is not always indicative of terminating a live fetus.
Huh???.
The baby is dead. It cannot remain in the uterus. Who sad anything about getting pregnant again?? I am confused.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#293556 Apr 25, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You're starting to come off as though Gosnell is the victim and he would not have performed the abortions had these women not gone to him for the abortions.
How would he had performed those abortions if the women didn't come to him?

Location hidden

#293557 Apr 25, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
In many cases, YES. The one woman he killed didn't even speak english. Others have testified they did NOT give permission for him to abort. Its known he drugged many. In this area of poor and desperate, women, he was free to run amok among people that mainstream socitey wanted to forget about to begin with.
In what kind of a f'd up world do you live in that you blame the VICTIMS??
Did he drag them in off of the streets, or did they go to him because they knew that he would perform a late term abortion?

Indianapolis

#293558 Apr 25, 2013
Self-righteousness beats compassion every time.

In a sense, it was an easy decision, since neither would allow their children to suffer unnecessarily. Even the priest/chaplain agreed that the prolongation of life served no moral purpose.
Long Night Moon13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your parents probably suffered greatly and made the hardest decision of their lives. The fundies should have compassion for your parents ordeal...otherwise they should stfu.

Location hidden

#293559 Apr 25, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't fit the so-called 'pro-life' agenda, to report that sort of thing...or maybe those women have been traumatized enough, and are refusing to feed themselves to the media.
I'm sure that if that was the case the probe "choicers" would be pointing that out.

Indianapolis

#293560 Apr 25, 2013
He goes to "Our Lady of the Divine Sixty-Nine."
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet your priest enjoys oral sex, and I bet you do too.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#293561 Apr 25, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, Rose. It's been a while since I've seen you post on here. It's good to see you and I hope all is well with you.:o)
Thanks Michelle..Its been about 2 years. Doing ok just aging every minute lol but better than the alternative.
Not eorking much so figured I would see how the forum group was faring. Still lively lol I see.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#293562 Apr 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh???.
The baby is dead. It cannot remain in the uterus. Who sad anything about getting pregnant again?? I am confused.
The woman is still medically considered to be pregnant until the fetus is no longer in utero...and yes, it's really unhealthy to carry around a dead fetus.

A medical abortion induces the uterus to expel the fetus. It's not necessarily a surgical procedure, but it should be closely monitored by a physician. Preferably, a qualified one. Many LTA'S are medical, rather than surgical.

And yes, before you ask, inducement of labor is common in delivery situations as well.

Location hidden

#293563 Apr 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh???.
you said the pregnancy is terminated when the fetus dies in utero. Not true.

Indianapolis

#293564 Apr 25, 2013
It's not illegal to get an abortion; it's only illegal to perform one under certain circumstances.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If Gosnell is quilty of criminal intent, so are the women who whent to his "clinic" for late-term abortions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 1,520,792
News Oprah Winfrey says she weighs 200 pounds (Dec '08) 2 hr Bear 1,084
News Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) 6 hr Squach 113,766
Juvenile facility (Montrose School or others) i... (Aug '06) Sat Gary Jacobsen 408
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Sat Patty Myers 8,138
gay/bi K>K in maryland (Jul '16) Apr 21 111qqq 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Apr 21 Fitus T Bluster 20,971

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages