Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,717)

Showing posts 274,321 - 274,340 of304,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not lying. That's what my mother told me. That's what her friend told her. I don't have any more details. I don't know if the fetus expired in utero. I don't know how the fetus was removed.
I do know the woman was 8 months along. She did drugs and was sick for two weeks and didn't see a doctor. I don't know if those two factors even played a part.
Huh! You so brave!
:)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not lying. That's what my mother told me. That's what her friend told her. I don't have any more details. I don't know if the fetus expired in utero. I don't know how the fetus was removed.
I do know the woman was 8 months along. She did drugs and was sick for two weeks and didn't see a doctor. I don't know if those two factors even played a part.
It makes no difference, the Mayo Clinic doesn't say "it's never not necessary" and there are physicians who say that sometimes in more severe cases it is necessary.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, regarding these circumstances, I agree. There's nothing anyone could've done, though. It was still her choice, her decision.
I think I've shared this here, before, but not sure. About 15yrs ago I had a coworker who admitted she and her sisters had difficulty getting pregnant. They'd thought it was because of the well water they grew up on. Seems an inordinate amount of cancers were running through her family members' reproductive systems. So when her sister got pregnant, in her late 30s or early 40s, my coworker was ecstatic!! The whole family was.
And then, several months later, tragedy struck. She was losing the pregnancy. And she chose to terminate rather than wait for nature to take its course. She wanted to try to get pregnant again as soon as she was healthy.
It was so sad. I had all kinds of crazy thoughts. But absolutely no control. It wasn't my situation. It was hers. And she was doing what was best for her, best for her family.
Every time some state adds a new restriction to their long list of restrictions, I think back on this time. My former coworker's sister was lucky in that she was given a choice. And she had the freedom to make her choice.
Now women (and their physicians) are having to comply with all these crazy restrictions that seem to create lose/lose situations. How can that be healthy for anyone?
And not one ACer responded to your post. I saw a "mean" judge it, tho.

Geez, Katie. You MUST be LYING, since stuff like this never happens. You're "mean" for making up stories. I spose.

:/
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh! You so brave!
Didn't you know, Katie?..LilLynne was there. She knows more about it than the woman it happened to. Because there is no such thing as a life-threatening pregnancy at 8 months gestation. Never happens. Every pregnancy on earth will be healthy and gestate to term. Ask the ACers.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you know, Katie?..LilLynne was there. She knows more about it than the woman it happened to. Because there is no such thing as a life-threatening pregnancy at 8 months gestation. Never happens. Every pregnancy on earth will be healthy and gestate to term. Ask the ACers.
Because life is full of lollipops, rainbows and sunshine, STO, don't you know? They only look at one side of the coin and forget the other side. Make no allowances for anything to be any other way than what they perceive it *should* be rather than the way it IS.
:-|
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read something besides your Big Book of Myths, hypocrite.
I continue to pray for your soul, lost child of God.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it
"You are what you eat", your name proves that "you" are indeed what you eat!
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
in the 1950's, my mother--who had three college degrees--couldn't open her own checking account without my father's permission. How ridiculous is that? She was teaching and had her own income.
<quoted text>
As someone with four college and advanced degrees, I call bullshit on your story.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Loss of virginity isn't a big deal.
<quoted text>
Not for you but pirates its not but for normal people it is a big deal!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion isn't the treatment for preeclampsia or eclampsia, liar.
As has been proven time and again, it certainly CAN be the treatment depending on the situation. Woman can also DIE from preeclampsia and eclapsia you fk'n idiot Lynne.

Guess you just couldn't help yourself huh?
Parent

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
As has been proven time and again, it certainly CAN be the treatment depending on the situation. Woman can also DIE from preeclampsia and eclapsia you fk'n idiot Lynne.
Dear Foo, you haven't any idea what the doctor will do in case of preeclampsia. The pregnant woman sees her doctor once a week or sometimes more during the later part of her pregnancy . In those visits the nurse always checks the urine sample for protein, blood pressure is always taken. When it is even slightly up, the doctor tells the woman to come in again the next day and in the meantime rest . If its up again in the morning the doctor induces labor or delivers the baby through a C section. No need for an act of murder. Women never die from preecllampsia, they die from eclampsia. And doctors never let it go that far anymore.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Kindergarten Kollege doesn't count, twit.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
As someone with four college and advanced degrees, I call bullshit on your story.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Parent wrote:
<quoted text>Dear Foo, you haven't any idea what the doctor will do in case of preeclampsia. The pregnant woman sees her doctor once a week or sometimes more during the later part of her pregnancy . In those visits the nurse always checks the urine sample for protein, blood pressure is always taken. When it is even slightly up, the doctor tells the woman to come in again the next day and in the meantime rest . If its up again in the morning the doctor induces labor or delivers the baby through a C section. No need for an act of murder. Women never die from preecllampsia, they die from eclampsia. And doctors never let it go that far anymore.
Please site your sources that state women never die from pre eclampsia.
An abortion is not always indicative of terminating the life of a live fetus and delivery doesn't necessarily mean giving birth to a live fetus.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh! You so brave!
It's not "brave" to argue ignorance and lies. It's stupid, and you're one of the experts here.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>It makes no difference, the Mayo Clinic doesn't say "it's never not necessary" and there are physicians who say that sometimes in more severe cases it is necessary.
It makes no difference"? Only to other people who don't care about facts.

From the Mayo Clinic link:

"The only cure for preeclampsia is delivery."

Not "abortion", "delivery".

A PCer claiming "an abortion" at "8 months" gestation was needed for "preeclampsia", and the Mayo Clinic stating unequivocally that "delivery" is the treatment for preeclampsia and eclampsia, no matter the gestational age, makes a world of difference to people who have integrity in discussion and base their [educated] opinions on FACTS.

While you want to claim the Mayo Clinic didn't say this or that, how about you provide anything from any medical site that states an abortion is needed for "preeclampsia", as was STO's claim.

Until then, you're just dispaying the stupidity of someone who posts her own brand of ignorance to mindlessly and without intelligent forethought defend the ignorance and stupidity of other PCers here.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^Yet another ignorant fool heard from on a topic none of those posting on the matter,[except me] knows anything about.

Of course women can DIE from the condition, fool. I'm the one who posted I had preeclampsia and one of my daughters had eclampsia. I know what I'm talking about not just because I can understand the facts I read, but because I have experienced it first hand, and know many others who have experienced it. My daughter and I are both alive, as are our children, she being the one I was having when I had preeclampsia.

Abortion is NOT the treatment for preeclampsia or eclampsia in late pregnancy, delivery is. IF you can prove otherwise from a reputable medical site, then just do it. Otherwise, you look just as ignorant as the other PCers trying to make that claim, and just as stupid trying to defend it.

Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
If young girls were taught how to love themselves, and had a good support system at home, and really thought about the LOSS OF THEIR VIRGINITY, then they would have NO NEED of any other losses, that you so gracously give them.
As far as I'M concerned, the loss of their virginity is far less important than the loss of their FREEDOM to BE teenagers. That's exactly what they WILL lose by having sex and very possibly ending up pregnant and then teen mothers.

So I would much rather see more teen girls realize that being sexfree (free FROM sex) in middle and high school is in their best interests, thereby avoiding unwanted pregnancy and STDs altogether. By staying sexfree, girls keep their freedom to BE regular teenagers rather than having to give up this freedom by becoming mothers way too soon.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> Please site your sources that state women never die from pre eclampsia.
An abortion is not always indicative of terminating the life of a live fetus and delivery doesn't necessarily mean giving birth to a live fetus.
There you go defending stupidity again.

Ayakaneo, "...delivery doesn't necessarily mean giving birth to a live fetus.."

In the cases of "delivery" for preeclampia or eclampsia as the Mayo clinic site stated and the case STO made the claim about, both was about a LIVE fetus, because nothing elsewas stated otherwise.
No one made any mention of abortion for a dead fetus because of preeclampsia, so your statement, "An abortion is not always indicative of terminating the life of a live fetus" has nothing to do with anything being said.

Earlier in pregnancy than whn the fetus is viable, saving the child while saving the mother through "delivery" may not be possible, but they don't ABORT the child. They deliver it.

You PCers argue your stupidity and that of other PCers, but you don't come back with anything from a reputable site to substantiate your claims. I did, and still you argue what was posted on the site.

Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Many teens do not realize that being sexFREE (meaning free FROM sex) is a winning advantage. This is why I think itís important to give teens a list of the freedoms that being sexFREE provides. The top ten winning advantages of being SF (sexFREE) are:

1. Freedom from unwanted teen pregnancy and teen motherhood.

2. Freedom from incurable STDs like Herpes and fatal STDs like AIDS.

3. Freedom to concentrate on school work and participate in fun school activities.

4. Freedom to get all homework assignments and studying done and maintain or improve grades.

5. Freedom to participate in learning programs for future jobs and careers.

6. Freedom to graduate with classmates and receive a high school diploma.

7. Freedom to move on to college or vocational school with no restrictions.

8. Freedom to complete a college or vocational program with a degree or certificate.

9. Freedom to look for and accept good jobs with higher salaries.

10. Freedom to get valuable job experience in a chosen career and take courses to learn more job skills.

Getting pregnant and becoming a teen mother will, most likely, take away most of these freedoms, if not all of them. A teen mom has to put the care of her baby first, which means putting her education second. If she has to study for an important test and the baby is sick, the studying may not get done because she has to care for the baby. That may result in her doing poorly on the exam instead of doing well. If a teen mom wants to attend her junior or senior prom but has no one to watch the baby for her, she canít go to the dance and has to stay home. If a teen mom is going to college, she may fail one or more classes because caring for her baby or child took priority over completing all her course requirements. A teen mom may even have to drop out of high school or college because she could not take care of her baby and do all her school work at the same time.

By contrast, a teen girl who realizes that being sexFREE (or SF for short) in high school and college is a clear winning advantage will avoid sex with partners during those years. She will keep her freedom to enjoy all the advantages that the SF choice offers. She is free to concentrate in school, get all her class and homework assignments done, attend any dances she wishes, and take part in school activities like working on the school newspaper or yearbook. Best of all, she will graduate with her class and go on to college or vocational school afterward. If she avoids sexual activity with partners during her college or vocational school years, she will continue to enjoy the advantages indefinitely. She may even decide at some point that she prefers the career world over marriage and children, which is a perfectly valid choice. Not all women wish to be wives and mothers.

It is my firm belief that there is nothing good about getting pregnant as a teenager. Teen pregnancy and teen motherhood can impair or even destroy a girlís ability to get a good education, which is the foundation for good employment. If a girl cannot get a good job because she doesnít have a high school diploma, poverty may become inevitable. Sadly, many teen girls donít know how very HARD teen motherhood is until it is too late. They donít know because no one ever told them, either at home or at school. It is about time that changed.

The ďjust say noĒ approach to abstinence-only sex education programs is miserably inadequate because it doesnít explain WHY teens, especially girls, should say no to sex. The top ten list of winning advantages is a good informational tool to start off with. When a large majority of teens have this information, they may soon begin to realize that enjoying the advantages of the sexFREE choice is a much better option for them than being trapped by the burdens of teen motherhood.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

http://www.medicinenet.com/pregnancy_preeclam...

"Preeclampsia occurs after the 20th week of pregnancy and can even occur in the days following birth."

IF PCers cared about facts, looked it up, and IF they could understand what they read, they'd see that not one reputable medical site states abortion is needed or is treatment, for any reason, for preeclampsia or eclampsia.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 274,321 - 274,340 of304,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••