Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,702)

Showing posts 274,021 - 274,040 of303,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
A spontanious abortion isn't a deliberate act. Thankfully we live in a country where we can work to change laws.
The thing is, Sue, is that when you support a ban on abortion, you support the superseding of rights of the unborn over the rights of the born... the rights of the fetus over the rights of the woman. Is that okay with you?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Grand Jury is correct in who is criminally responsible."
If you went to any other clinic and your child's spine was severed, then you found out that there were people who knew about it yet failed to report it, would you consider them "criminally responsible"? If this happened in any other medical setting, they would be.
I'm not sure that your last sentence is true. Are you sure those people would be committing a criminal act, a crime?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, bad example. Try this one:
Your sister is planning to use a birthing center. This birthing center had been inspected by the American College of Nurse-Midwives, and they found conditions similar to Gosnell's "clinic"; anesthia being administered by untrained people, dirty conditions, emergency equipment not usable, etc-none of this reported to the proper authorities. Your sister dies and her baby is killed. Do you think that the American College of Nurse-Midwives would be at all responsible?
Ethically, yes, but you specifically used the term, "criminally responsible."

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no interest in what people of other faiths or of no faith ve to say about mine.
Good, then your personal religious beliefs will not be relevant to this secular nation's laws and you shouldn't demand that they are. Just making sure that you understand that.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, it is a dead fetus. To anyone outside the family circle, it is a dead fetus.
So when you attempt to use/exploit your daughter's or daughter-in-law's spontaneous abortion as an example of your POV that ALL fetuses are human beings when this is not technically correct, you will be corrected.
If you're going to be offended by it, then don't exploit somebody else's life miscarriage.
Funny how she can't take the harshness that she dishes out. She's a hypocrite.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Ethically, yes, but you specifically used the term, "criminally responsible."
It's not like suspected child abuse, where the reporting is mandatory. They did an inspection for their own purposes, the clinic didn't meet the criteria, so they didn't grant them membership. They are not a state reporting agency, they merely have a membership of clinics that meet their own standards to recommend to women who call looking. It's really simple. Did the inspector tell her immediate superiors in the NAF? Because I don't remember if any article ever said. Did she, or anyone at the NAF KNOW that the clinic was NOT being inspected by the state? She wants to pretend they are just as culpable as the state when they are not, and can't let go of this particular bone. And when she began, she was trying to use it to "prove" that PCers don't really care about women, implying that our "leadership" (the NAF) doesn't really care, and we weren't taking them to task for it here on Topix, that's all.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The thing is, Sue, is that when you support a ban on abortion, you support the superseding of rights of the unborn over the rights of the born... the rights of the fetus over the rights of the woman. Is that okay with you?
I think you have to support the rights of the one being killed.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Good, then your personal religious beliefs will not be relevant to this secular nation's laws and you shouldn't demand that they are. Just making sure that you understand that.
The laws change.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the duty of the STATE to do the reporting idiot. They failed, yes, everyone has acknowledged this. However the BIGGER failure, the more important one, is the STATES failures.
But no one is defending the state in their neglect, but they are defending the NAF.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand, but it would still fall under your blanket statement/desire that "abortion should be illegal because it ends a human life.
What???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Ethically, yes, but you specifically used the term, "criminally responsible."
Interesting. If this is true, then you can't blame the RCC for the rapes that were committed by their priests, because what is told to them in confidence, for example the confessional, they would not be legally bound to report.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how she can't take the harshness that she dishes out. She's a hypocrite.
I can take anything you can dish out.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Yes, christianity is still around, like STD's and hansen's disease. Just keep it the hell out of the laws we ALL have to live by.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't grasp is that I have no interest whatsoever in what Jews or atheists think of my religion. Christianity isn't going away and I have plenty of people to discuss it with.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
True. As far as I'M concerned, it's THEIR hell. Let them burn in it.
They have to live their lives in fear of a punitive God...sounds like they're in their hell already.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She made it easy for you but all she said was nothing in scripture has come to pass. I showed you where it has.
You can buy what she says hook line and sinker but it is a stupid conversation to have with you because you don't believe anything in Judaism either. Dead man walking.
You showed me nothing but a link to a list that I was supposed to "cross-reference" to numerous scriptures that was supposed to keep me busy "for a week" blah blah...
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
What???
My post was quite clear. You said abortion should be illegal because it ends a human life. I said that spontaneous abortion would also be included in that, were it to actually happen. Such a blanket statement/desire should be carefully phrased.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't grasp is that I have no interest whatsoever in what Jews or atheists think of my religion. Christianity isn't going away and I have plenty of people to discuss it with.
Oooo...Ink is gonna snatch up her toys and storm off the playground in a huff.

Newsflash Ink...I don't care if you fundies think I'm going to burn in your mythical hell while your mythical God looks on.

Life is a 2 way street.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

How cute. prove it.
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Regressive liberalism, the sexual revolution, abortion, the dog of zion, is why so many people have std's you fool!
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Correction:

if that were to actually happen
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooo...Ink is gonna snatch up her toys and storm off the playground in a huff.
Newsflash Ink...I don't care if you fundies think I'm going to burn in your mythical hell while your mythical God looks on.
Life is a 2 way street.
I wasn't criticizing atheism or Judaism. I wouldn't do that.

I also don't give any thought to your life here or after you die.
You don't seem to be able to understand that you aren't important to me nor is what you think about God or religion. Hope this isn't a letdown to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 274,021 - 274,040 of303,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Baltimore Discussions

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,033,330
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr just sayin 17,725
Ugly Mug Cafe opens on East Baltimore Street Wed guest 11
In need of loan shark (Aug '12) Wed Michael 6
Debate: Marijuana - Baltimore, MD (Aug '10) Apr 14 Sneek Blee 51
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Apr 14 Squach 123,275
legit Research Chemicals Vendor (Sep '13) Apr 13 Davey 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••