Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311864 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Forum

Hobbs, NM

#290833 Mar 27, 2013
1 To The Corinthians
Chapter 6
13 Meat for the belly,
and the belly for the meats;
but God shall destroy both
it and them : but the body is
not for fornication, but for
the Lord, and the Lord for the
body.
14 Now God hath both raised up
the Lord, and will raise us up
also by his power.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290834 Mar 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is medically defined as pregnancy ending prior to term.
That's it.
Out of every single conception, how many do you believe are healthy to end in full term delivery?
Don't forget. There are about 4Million annual live births in the USA. There are about 800K (thousand) annual induced abortions.
Solve for X.
Another idiot that doesn't know the difference between killing and dying.....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#290835 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that feminists should be on the front lines DEMANDING that women be treated equally.
**shrugs** I'm sure many will be. Particularly those too old to actually go themselves, which seems to be how thost things work sometimes. I wont be one of them demanding that. Not a fan of the draft - never was. I get why it existed at one time, but I dont believe we'll have a need for it again, at least not in our lifetimes.

Location hidden

#290836 Mar 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd bet there are more fertilized eggs wiped out in the next cycle than annual induced abortions. Are you all up in arms over that? And WTH are you laughing about anyway?
You just proves my last post.
bman

Commack, NY

#290837 Mar 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd bet there are more fertilized eggs wiped out in the next cycle than annual induced abortions. Are you all up in arms over that? And WTH are you laughing about anyway?
How small is your brain? I'm talking about the abortions where you go to the doctor and he or she performs the abortion. Miscarriages are different, you are not purposely stopping the process of life.

Location hidden

#290838 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that you and I wil just have to have a big, nasty, no holds barred fight to PROVE that I'm prolife.
Oh geeeeze..... do we HAFTA?? Dont wanna. You prove you're pro life all the time. Its not like you're ever going to please the idiots anyway. Keep doing the right thing Sue - I truly believe people like you, for the most part, do the best thing for your cause, while others (naming no names) are their own worst enemies and do your side NO favors, y'know?.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#290839 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
F off Sue! I am no different than Foo or Bit and have been nice to you from day one. You, otoh, have been nothing but a b*tch to me.

Apparently your open-mindedness correlates with whom you like from week to week.

:(

Location hidden

#290840 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh geeeeze..... do we HAFTA?? Dont wanna. You prove you're pro life all the time. Its not like you're ever going to please the idiots anyway. Keep doing the right thing Sue - I truly believe people like you, for the most part, do the best thing for your cause, while others (naming no names) are their own worst enemies and do your side NO favors, y'know?.
Awwww, I was looking forward to a good fight.

Thanks for the support foo. We will never agree, but I think that we have learned a lot from each other. Thank you.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#290841 Mar 27, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
How small is your brain? I'm talking about the abortions where you go to the doctor and he or she performs the abortion. Miscarriages are different, you are not purposely stopping the process of life.
That's not what I posted about in the post to which you responded.

Medically there is no difference between induced and spontaneous abortion.

Now, how many fertilized eggs don't ever implant? You think it's closer to the number of annual induced abortions or annual live births? That's what you're supposed to be responding to Sherlock.

Location hidden

#290842 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> """"" But here's a hint of what's been discussed: Single parents, men or women, cannot enlist in any branch of the military, other than the National Guard. Period"""" """"" ""
This is total rubbish. My daughters ex-bf is a Marine and is a single Dad.
Bullshit. IF you're not lying like you ususally do - he isn't the parent with custody, OR he's gave up his rights to the child.
Educate yourself.
Educate yourself bitch.

apps.americanbar.org/family/military/silent/s...

or

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemili...

"Single Parents are not allowed to enlist in the US Military, period."
""""Women cannot be drafted""" ""
Are you fighting that as of right now?
@@ Why would I 'fight that as of right now' you moron? There IS NO DRAFT.
Or do you pretend to be PRO-WOMAN/EQUAL rights only when it comes to abortion or being gay? WHEN it fits your agenda then your all talk.
I dont support the draft for men OR women.

I DO understand why it was necessary in history - I dont believe its necessary anymore. IF the law changes, I will accept it.

I dont have to support it to accept it Skanky.

Kind of like I dont have to support a women's CHOICE to abort to accept it IS her choice.
You're a joke to think that anybody takes you seriously.
Actually, YOU are the joke thinking people don't Skankdog.

YOU are the one nobody takes seriously. WEll, other than your few suck buddies that is, and they're as big jokes as you are LOL!

Location hidden

#290843 Mar 27, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>

She has this odd belief that a spontanious abortion and an elective abortion are the same because the death of the fetus is the outcome of both. Of course if that were true then then all deaths and all killings would also be the same because the death of the person is the result of both.

Location hidden

#290844 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
**shrugs** I'm sure many will be. Particularly those too old to actually go themselves, which seems to be how thost things work sometimes. I wont be one of them demanding that. Not a fan of the draft - never was. I get why it existed at one time, but I dont believe we'll have a need for it again, at least not in our lifetimes.
I hope that we never have to have another draft, but it appears hypocritical to me for women to demand equal rights if they are not going equal responsibility.

Location hidden

#290845 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Because Moms are the nuturers of their children being in the very first stages of life. God gave women breasts for a reason,and it is not just to feed their babies. It has bonding purposes too. Sounds to me like God intended small children to be with mom fulltime.
ROFLMAO You say some REALLY stupid shit Skanky.
In the days of old,men went out to find food,etc...while the women cared for the children.
SOMETIMES that was true. Not always. Women have ALWAYS worked ya dope.
Again,women are different then men.
No shit? REALLY Skanky?@@ ROFLMAO!
Womens bodies are more delicate than mens.
Really? I want to see a guy pass a bowling ball through his penis like women pass a baby and come tell me about how delicate they are.@@ You dumbass.

You're SO full of shit and you demean ALL women with garbage crap comments like this. And you're too STUPID to understand that.

Location hidden

#290846 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't even realize that with few exceptions men are physically stronger, more muscled and of a different mind to be in a combat situation. I would expect my grandsons would deal with it better than my granddaughters.
Who says they're "of a different mind". Clearly, with over a quarter of our military being women, you're wrong about that.

As usual.

You underestimate what women can deal with also clearly.

Location hidden

#290847 Mar 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, how many fertilized eggs don't ever implant? You think it's closer to the number of annual induced abortions or annual live births? That's what you're supposed to be responding to Sherlock.
"Medically there is no difference between induced and spontaneous abortion."

If there wasn't there would be no need for them to be defined as "induced" or "spontanious".

Location hidden

#290848 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Absolutely! I am a fairly strong girl
Skanky, the strongest thing about you is likely your breath and your stupidity.
bman

Commack, NY

#290849 Mar 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no difference between induced and spontaneous abortion? That's like saying that there's no difference between dying naturally or dying by getting killed. I don't care how many fertilized eggs don't implant because its natural. Please, stop sugar coating abortion as if it is like a miscarriage. Abortion is unnatural and you know it. Abortion can be regulated, miscarriages cannot.

Location hidden

#290850 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many people who can be nurturers of children, fathers, grandparent, etc...
Can be and ARE. Thankfully, normal people are seeing that these kinds of outmoded ideas are just that, outdated, outmoded and ridiculous.

Location hidden

#290851 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can be and ARE. Thankfully, normal people are seeing that these kinds of outmoded ideas are just that, outdated, outmoded and ridiculous.
Isn't she one of the more outspoken ones on here in support of adoption?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#290852 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is you who did understand her posts. Regardless of the difference, a spontaneous abortion is still counted as an abortion. Why the rush to name calling?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min White and Forever 1,431,576
News 8 people, including toddler, shot in east Balti... 17 min former democrat 3
News Multiple people shot in East Baltimore: police 26 min former democrat 2
News Multiple People Injured In Baltimore Shooting,a 46 min Sammy 1
News 2 men charged with beating teen who egged Orlan... (Nov '08) 13 hr Posie 145
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr Big city 20,609
News 77-Year-Old Gets Carded in Beer Purchase - (Oct '07) Fri Plotchnyk 94

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages