Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311926 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#290813 Mar 27, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that's the way to go. Works just as well. And taking things away. And TALKING to the kid.
I gotta admit, tho, I don't think I ever got a spankin' I didn't deserve. Few and far between. A pop to get your attention, mostly. Got a good one for lying. Made the the perfect impression!
It didn't seem to last, perhaps you should get a time machine, and go back to grannies house and ask her to spank you again?
Gtown71

United States

#290814 Mar 27, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Gtown hasn't changed. He is no less a liar, a hypocrite, as he was before being "saved". No less judgemental. No less self-righteous. No less ignorant. No less uneducated. No less focused on Gtown and his pitiful existence. It's all he wants to talk about. He's boring. And preachy. Full of himself. It's old.
And, hey now, I'm not angry. You two seem to be. Why else would you constantly judge me as "evil" and "Satan", and blah, blah, blah, same shit different day.
Why else would you judge me?
Y'all keep saying I'm going to hell.
Y'all keep saying I'm leading others to hell.
Y'all keep picking on ole sto :(

I don't know sto -could it be becouse you are for the killing of innocent babies and call it a womans choice?
could it be you laugh and cut up with folks that drag your God, through the mud, but attack any one person who may say they kinda like their God, and thankful for what He's done?
Regardless of how the message of the cross is preached, it is still truth, and if you don't like how others brag on the God you claim, how about keeping your mouth shut, just like you do when your "friends " tell us just what they think about 'your " God?
Its one thing to keep silent about your God, since many do, but to keep silent, and get loud at others who are not silent? That's a whole new ball game.
Then to add insult to injury, you try and twist Gods Holy Word, to make you feel ok about the death of over 3,500 innocent babies a day.
Where's the equal rights folks about this?
All they care about, is if two gays can marry, and a woman having the right to choose to kill her unborn child.
Gtown71

United States

#290815 Mar 27, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner has never posted in a way that could be construed as "angry", In fact, when I first saw her posts, years ago, I thought she was always "to the point", didn't mince words, and a little dry.(sorry Bit! first impressions! I know you a lot better now!)
:)
If you would spend 10% of your time defending helpless babies, as you do grown people, it may shock you at the results.
Or if you took the time to tell people about your Jesus, that you do trying to "educate " and judge those who claim His name, again you may be shocked at the results.

I'll ask you 1 question, and see if you will answer or not.
Who is Jesus Christ to you?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290816 Mar 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would spend 10% of your time defending helpless babies, as you do grown people, it may shock you at the results.
Or if you took the time to tell people about your Jesus, that you do trying to "educate " and judge those who claim His name, again you may be shocked at the results.
I'll ask you 1 question, and see if you will answer or not.
Who is Jesus Christ to you?
You mean if he did what you do? Why would his 'results' be any different from your own?
Gtown71

United States

#290817 Mar 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, since they're lacking in facts, all they have to go on is their ...(not so creative)... imagination. The hive-minded type to boot.
:|
I believe sane people know that when an abortion takes place, that it is a FACT, that a human life was destroyed.

Plus given the large numbers of abortions taking place, many have just numbed themselves into just another medical decision.:|
Gtown71

United States

#290818 Mar 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is funny coming from one of the most "overly emotional" people on here.
What do you believe people should get overly emotional about?
The news media have folks all over themselves, about a small % of people ,and whether or not two men or two women can get the legal system to say they are ok with them living together as man and wife, or man and man, or mam and mam, or one man, two mams, and three undecided?!?!?
Yet day by day women enjoy knowing they can "choose " if their unborn child lives or dies,with NO emotion at all :(
Gtown71

United States

#290819 Mar 27, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I also never said that I made low wages. I said that I made less than a man for the same work. She,Ink and Gtown71 just make stuff up to suit their little arguments.
I'm sure you make very good money, and have never said anything about your wages. "This is where you would tell me, about my blanket statements, that have nothing to do with your comments, before you rush out and slam the door ",but I just thought I would bring it to your attention. If you see elise -you can tell her :):

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#290820 Mar 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought so.
Just like your post about back when you were a baptist, the athesist I talk to on another thread did sorta the same thing. He got all into the church going, and even went to work trying to get his coworker "saved ",she told him there was no God, so when he went to search things to show her -he to read another book, and instead of converting her, she converted him.
What you and he experienced is got a name "religion "
Atleast you did spend years and years in it.
Having a saving experience "in which the change takes place inwardly ",if a completely different thing then having religion, where you try Nd change from outside in.
I have a peach tree, and unless I spray it most will have ugly worms in them when you break them open.
The worm did not bore a hole into the peach and make a home. The worm was always there, as the peach grew and grew.
Only God can remove a inside worm, without tearing apart the outside.
All we can do, is shine the outside of the peach, but the worm will be aleays waiting inside.
Wait an atheist converted a christian? Or the christian began to think for himself?
Gtown I was as good a person when I was going to church as I am as good a person not going to church. I didn't need "changing". I am a good person, I have my faults, but I am as good and moral as any christian who attends church every time the doors are open.
Gtown71

United States

#290821 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean if he did what you do? Why would his 'results' be any different from your own?
No not like me -sto would write things that wouldn't compare.:)
The problem is he don't and he won't.
One never knows what a post may do, and never hear from the reader.
One of your post may have gave some poor young girl the courage she needed to get an abortion.
Or ocean? After reading one of hers any girl would question if she's ready. Most people are not ready, but I know several young girls who were headed down a bad road, and having their child was the best thing, that ever happened to them.

Location hidden

#290822 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Women don't belong on the front lines. ESPECIALLY moms who have young children. I think that it is tragic that moms leave their children to go to war.
LOL I can imagine a woman who is on the front lines getting her period,bleeding like a sieve asking for a moment to change her tampon or dealing with PMS.
Moms are not on the front lines Sassy.
bman

Commack, NY

#290823 Mar 27, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>. Actually mz. Thang - killing IS a solution. It's called an abortion, and its 100 percent legal. And guess what? Your approval isn't a requirement.
Slavery was legal too dumbass.
Gtown71

United States

#290824 Mar 27, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Wait an atheist converted a christian? Or the christian began to think for himself?
Gtown I was as good a person when I was going to church as I am as good a person not going to church. I didn't need "changing". I am a good person, I have my faults, but I am as good and moral as any christian who attends church every time the doors are open.
I have no reason to believe you're not a very good person, and if you're not better then many who go to church all the time, you would be in bad shape, but what you and I call good, is a million miles away from what God calls Good.
Going to Heaven is not about how "good " one is, it is about us realizing we can Never be "good enough ",and accepting the free Love gift that God offers us, that makes us "Good enough "
We either die self rightous or with imputed rightousness.

Location hidden

#290825 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't even realize that with few exceptions men are physically stronger, more muscled and of a different mind to be in a combat situation. I would expect my grandsons would deal with it better than my granddaughters.
How many women have killed their fellow soldiers while enlisted? To the best of my knowledge it's 0. More men have committed suicide while enlisted and more men have committed murder while enlisted. Truth is, women can handle it just as well as men and maybe even better, who knows?

Location hidden

#290826 Mar 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no reason to believe you're not a very good person, and if you're not better then many who go to church all the time, you would be in bad shape, but what you and I call good, is a million miles away from what God calls Good.
Going to Heaven is not about how "good " one is, it is about us realizing we can Never be "good enough ",and accepting the free Love gift that God offers us, that makes us "Good enough "
We either die self rightous or with imputed rightousness.
To you it is about realizing you are never good enough. To me, you're not qualified to be telling me anything.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290827 Mar 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No not like me -sto would write things that wouldn't compare.:)
The problem is he don't and he won't.
One never knows what a post may do, and never hear from the reader.
One of your post may have gave some poor young girl the courage she needed to get an abortion.
Or ocean? After reading one of hers any girl would question if she's ready. Most people are not ready, but I know several young girls who were headed down a bad road, and having their child was the best thing, that ever happened to them.
The difference is, I'm not attempting to convert (or convince) anyone. But, you didn't really answer my question.

Location hidden

#290828 Mar 27, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery was legal too dumbass.
What is the difference between treating someone as an unequal because of color and treating someone as an unequal because of gender?
bman

Commack, NY

#290829 Mar 27, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>What is the difference between treating someone as an unequal because of color and treating someone as an unequal because of gender?
No, I'm saying that abortion is unequal because of the unborn. We think that we can stop a heartbeat of a child because its a "woman's right." If you're saying that if we overturn Roe v Wade we will be discriminating women, you're wrong because abortion isn't a woman's issue, it's a human rights issue, like slavery. You can't own a slave just like you can't own a fetus.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#290830 Mar 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe sane people know that when an abortion takes place, that it is a FACT, that a human life was destroyed.
Plus given the large numbers of abortions taking place, many have just numbed themselves into just another medical decision.:|
Abortion is medically defined as pregnancy ending prior to term.
That's it.

Out of every single conception, how many do you believe are healthy to end in full term delivery?

Don't forget. There are about 4Million annual live births in the USA. There are about 800K (thousand) annual induced abortions.

Solve for X.
bman

Commack, NY

#290831 Mar 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is medically defined as pregnancy ending prior to term.
That's it.
Out of every single conception, how many do you believe are healthy to end in full term delivery?
Don't forget. There are about 4Million annual live births in the USA. There are about 800K (thousand) annual induced abortions.
Solve for X.
So you're okay with that 800K? Wow, you really seem to take the value of human life seriously lol.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#290832 Mar 27, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're okay with that 800K? Wow, you really seem to take the value of human life seriously lol.
I'd bet there are more fertilized eggs wiped out in the next cycle than annual induced abortions. Are you all up in arms over that? And WTH are you laughing about anyway?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr RoxLo 1,433,986
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr New york 20,648
Joyful yorkies 12 hr Dana 1
H pylori 14 hr browser9 1
News East Baltimore man charged in shooting over dir... 15 hr juice 1
Vote for Hillary 19 hr grave digger 4
News 24 Baltimore gang members faces rackettering ch... Thu Go Blue Forever 1

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages