Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,951
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290728 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Should it? In a perfect world, yes it should, becuase you're 100% right - without it happening automatically, there's no true equality.
Will it happen? I honestly dont believe it would. Since the draft isn't anything ANYONE likes to begin with, I can't see Congress ever even bringing it to a vote. Can you imagine the outrage of middle American constituants if it was even SUGGESTED women be included in the draft?
The reason it works in other countries such as Israel, is because the countries were FOUNDED that way, with both women AND men being drafted, and being in the active military being manditory.
I believe what will happen is they'll leave women fighting in active military units to where it stands now - as a volunteer military basis where if they qualify and WANT to fight in battle, they will.
I think that feminists should be on the front lines DEMANDING that women be treated equally.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290729 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right little minion. You are just as vile. Happy Easter.
No more than you are. Blessed Ostara.

Location hidden

#290730 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I already made my position clear, Lazy One.
But since you ARE too lazy to read all of the posts for this conversation, fine. I do fight for equality for women and men. I think that if men should register with Selective Service and be drafted, then women should be as well. I don't believe they will reinstitute the draft, but if they do, I will protest it equally for women AND men. No one wants any of their children to be drafted, daughters OR sons. But I do feel that both genders should be allowed to volunteer to fight for their country.
There, Lazy One. Pay better attention next time.
Well said.

Location hidden

#290731 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is going to fight in all these wars that our elected official deem neccessary? Or do you think the weight should be carried solely by inlisted men who have to serve multible deployments?
What didn't you nderstand about her post? It was as clear as can be.

Location hidden

#290732 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're been beaten over the head because you're a moron. You have NEVER asked a rational question regarding this issue - you've made some seriously stupid blanket comments.
Sue is not pro-choice as you well know, but she's treated with respect because she treats OTHERS with resepct regarding their views.
When shown new information, she doesn't ignore it. She may not AGREE with it, but its not ignored.
Kind of like you implying she's pro-choice when you know better.
You like to ignore the facts that aren't convenient to your agenda.
I guess that you and I wil just have to have a big, nasty, no holds barred fight to PROVE that I'm prolife.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290733 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that feminists should be on the front lines DEMANDING that women be treated equally.
You know, they are all too old to be affected and the hell with anyone who has to face the possibility.

Just like being for abortion when they are already here. As long as it doesn't affect them adverely, they are behind it full force.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290734 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand all her posts.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290735 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290736 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, thanks :)

Location hidden

#290737 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Women don't belong on the front lines. ESPECIALLY moms who have young children. I think that it is tragic that moms leave their children to go to war.
LOL I can imagine a woman who is on the front lines getting her period,bleeding like a sieve asking for a moment to change her tampon or dealing with PMS.
"Women don't belong on the front lines. ESPECIALLY moms who have young children. I think that it is tragic that moms leave their children to go to war."

Why should it be required of Dads and not Moms?

"LOL I can imagine a woman who is on the front lines getting her period,bleeding like a sieve asking for a moment to change her tampon or dealing with PMS."

What do you think that they have done up to this point?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290738 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, they are all too old to be affected and the hell with anyone who has to face the possibility.
Just like being for abortion when they are already here. As long as it doesn't affect them adverely, they are behind it full force.
Given that I have children who would be drafted, your statement is just stupid. I assure you, I'd be affected if they were drafted. My son as well as my daughter. Unlike you, who seems to think it's okay for the boys to be drafted.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290739 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not, or you wouldn't have asked that stupid question.

Location hidden

#290740 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you wouldn't have asked those questions.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#290741 Mar 27, 2013
To "take care of" has different meanings.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't , and it is their legal right, but regardless of how long it's been around. Regardless how many are performed daily,regardless of what anyone calls or names the unborn life within her. the pregnant woman must give the ok to end the life of a human being, in order to Not stay pregnant.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#290742 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You think it's baiting because they are questions you don't want to answer or discuss.
No, not true. For instance, you asked how women are treated unequally. No reasonably intelligent woman doesn't already know the answer to that question. So, you are either incapable of the thought process it takes to comprehend the issue, or you are just trying to embroil someone into one of your inane exchanges.
I know that it's the latter, so you aren't worthy of being taken seriously.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290743 Mar 27, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No, not true. For instance, you asked how women are treated unequally. No reasonably intelligent woman doesn't already know the answer to that question. So, you are either incapable of the thought process it takes to comprehend the issue, or you are just trying to embroil someone into one of your inane exchanges.
I know that it's the latter, so you aren't worthy of being taken seriously.
No I think I asked how you have been treated unequally. It appears that you have been.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#290744 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Her post was based upon your own attitude. If you want to blame someone, look in the mirror.
Seems to me she shouldn't have claimed 'she's used to it" regarding men being in war and conversely, dying in wars too.

Ink seems to want to be as stupid and nasty as she wants to be, but thinks she should be afforded respect for it.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#290745 Mar 27, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Gtown hasn't changed. He is no less a liar, a hypocrite, as he was before being "saved". No less judgemental. No less self-righteous. No less ignorant. No less uneducated. No less focused on Gtown and his pitiful existence. It's all he wants to talk about. He's boring. And preachy. Full of himself. It's old.
And, hey now, I'm not angry. You two seem to be. Why else would you constantly judge me as "evil" and "Satan", and blah, blah, blah, same shit different day.
STO,you keep judging people. He has a clear message here. He is admitting to being part of the secular world/thinking. He makes no bones about his sin,even to risk being judged for it. But,it's okay,I think he knew that when he came on. NOBODY who still lives in their sin(LIVES in their sin-meaning,refusing to admit that they are offending God/or/wanting to change),wants to hear about a man who was BEEN THERE DONE THAT and found Christs love and forgiveness.

Take a leader of an AA/NA meeting. They've been there,done that,and still will tell you that you must stay clean. Is he/she a hypocrite in your opinion for acting all righteous because they are clean? What about them sharing their stories of their disasterous lives? Are they being all high and mighty by exposing the consequences of their drinking/drugging?

""""" Why else would you constantly judge me as "evil" and "Satan","" """

You support killing whom God willed to exist,as CHOICE.

That's evil. Satan is evil.

GOD says that we are either WITH him or against him. WWW.ABORTIONNO.ORG is evil...of Satan...NOT of God.

Figure it out.

When you do,you will understand that me saying this has nothing to do with me being angry or not.

People(like foo,you,bitter,etcc.) going around calling people morons,idiots,meaningless,piti ful existence,etc...is a sign of anger and frustration. Do you do that in real life to people you disagree with OR find annoying,boring and uneducated(as you say)? I bet not to their faces. I guess on here is *safe* for you to act the tough guys.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#290746 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you go back over the last two days and read the posts you lazy Skank. These were discussed thoroughly.
Beause you're too much of a lazy bitch to read back over a day or so, we're supposed to repeat everything yet again?@@
But here's a hint of what's been discussed: Single parents, men or women, cannot enlist in any branch of the military, other than the National Guard. Period.
Women cannot be drafted, so all of your hystronic bullshit is moot. It will take an act of Congress to rewrite all the laws to even TRY to do such a thing. That's not happening anytime soon.
Why should I waste my time going over DAYS worth of posts when you could answer me straight out? I mean seriously,you people repeat OVER AND OVER the same things but simply can't repeat a simple direct question?

Sounds like BS to me.

""""" But here's a hint of what's been discussed: Single parents, men or women, cannot enlist in any branch of the military, other than the National Guard. Period"""" """"" ""

This is total rubbish. My daughters ex-bf is a Marine and is a single Dad.

Educate yourself.

""""Women cannot be drafted""" ""

Are you fighting that as of right now? Or do you pretend to be PRO-WOMAN/EQUAL rights only when it comes to abortion or being gay? WHEN it fits your agenda then your all talk.

You're a joke to think that anybody takes you seriously.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#290747 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Women don't belong on the front lines. ESPECIALLY moms who have young children. I think that it is tragic that moms leave their children to go to war."
Why should it be required of Dads and not Moms?
"LOL I can imagine a woman who is on the front lines getting her period,bleeding like a sieve asking for a moment to change her tampon or dealing with PMS."
What do you think that they have done up to this point?
Because Moms are the nuturers of their children being in the very first stages of life. God gave women breasts for a reason,and it is not just to feed their babies. It has bonding purposes too. Sounds to me like God intended small children to be with mom fulltime.

In the days of old,men went out to find food,etc...while the women cared for the children. They all worked together in their own ways.

War is no good for anyone. I don't *think* that it is is okay for men to be away from their families either.

Again,women are different then men. Womens bodies are more delicate than mens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,152,967
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) 33 min Raptor in Michigan 120,226
gay in Towson Maryland 3 hr Kandin 8
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Jim Jones 19,549
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Tue jamielee 103
Officer-involved shooting in West Baltimore Tue Tragic 2
Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) Mon Keyesport Resident 3
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:52 am PST

NFL 9:52AM
Gruden: Lately we haven't seen the DeSean we need
NBC Sports11:21 AM
Who's in worse shape, Redskins or Bears?
NBC Sports11:30 AM
Ravens sign Chris Greenwood
Yahoo! Sports12:48 PM
Redskins have been this bad since the 1960s
Bleacher Report 1:04 PM
Ravens Can't Let Banged Up Secondary Derail Playoff Hopes