Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310329 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290454 Mar 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Even though they keep trying to prove us wrong, we PRESUME our male soldiers aren't all sociopathic rapists; we know our male convicts are. You're comparing a voluntary, cooperative situation with a mandatory, hostile one.
<quoted text>
19,000 sexual assualts a year. No small problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault_i...
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290455 Mar 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Women are equal. We aren't treated equally, but we are. It's just a matter of time before we attain our deserved status. We aren't wrong. You are.
Why aren't you being treated equally and what are you going to do about it?
Gtown71

United States

#290456 Mar 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm better than you because you cannot describe me in one word? Really?
<quoted text>
No. I'll say it angers me to be mislabeled as part of a "kill all" crowd when that is furthest from the truth. It angers me to be accused of holding a "double standard" because I believe women are intelligent and strong enough to determine their pregnancies' outcomes without outside influence.
(do you need the definition of "double standard" in order to use it appropriately?)
<quoted text>
I do? I struggle with the point a human fetus becomes a child? As opposed to what? Not struggling when a canine fetus becomes a puppy?
<quoted text>
Is that how I handle my life? With "whatever gauge is handy and fits the mold"? How do you determine such a thing without sitting here as accuser, judge and jury of all women?
<quoted text>
I see you proved my point by playing accuser, judge and jury of all women. You write as if your God would view me in the same biased light you do.
You would compare a human baby with a dog.
No matter what you think of me God is just, and will be a true judge. I just ask you to think how you will do when you stand before Him?

You say I accuse and judge, is that not what you and others do?
you say you're all for womens sexual and reproductive rights, but it seems that theory is beginning to crumble, as some say if a woman conducts herself this way or that, then she's a slut /whore.

Plus you judge me for judging?

Its like saying "I hate certain people, who hate certain people! " :)

I know how you and other pro choice folks think, becouse I used to be pro choice.
When.I seen myself the way God does -I realized I needed something.
Turns out, it was a savior.
Just becouse someone doesn't word things the way you think they should, doesn't mean they don't have good intentions and care about you and your future.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#290457 Mar 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Single mom sleeps with different men, are they whores and sluts as foo said?.
Point of fact:

I never claimed that "they" are whores or sluts. I didn't make ANY claims about ANY women. I simply went with YOUR designation of what kind of a woman your mother was.

YOU claimed YOUR mother was a 'ho. Unless she was taking money, she wasn't, but yeah, she likely was a slut if she was bring home "a different man every night" as you claimed.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290458 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"mostly positive"? Where do you get this na´ve crap from?
My friends all had to deal with living up to their parents expectations and behave in a way that didn't embarrass the family.

Location hidden

#290459 Mar 26, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
And the textbooks say people like you try to hullicinate their their mothers love them. She doesn't, you are just damaged psychology, you are worthless, its the truth for you to reflect on.
@@ "hullicinate"? "damaged psychology"??

Child, if you want to insult someone, learn to speak English properly.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290460 Mar 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but he asked God for forgiveness, so it's all good. Don't worry about it. Lol.
You are so incredibly ignorant.

Location hidden

#290461 Mar 26, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
She is a lesbian. Damaged goods. I hate her soul.
Good thing your opinion doesnt mean shit to anyone then huh?@@
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290462 Mar 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>How did you gauge right and wrong before you adopted your new beliefs? I was taught basic ethics by the people who influenced me as a young child. These teachings were reinforced by experience. In my case, I was instilled with a solid set of moral values and had a childhood free of serious mental trauma. Why don't you read a text on human development and psychology?
Okay, that's the end of our interactions. Bubbye.
You didn't even learn about manners never mind anything else.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290463 Mar 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You would compare a human baby with a dog.
No matter what you think of me God is just, and will be a true judge. I just ask you to think how you will do when you stand before Him?
You say I accuse and judge, is that not what you and others do?
you say you're all for womens sexual and reproductive rights, but it seems that theory is beginning to crumble, as some say if a woman conducts herself this way or that, then she's a slut /whore.
Plus you judge me for judging?
Its like saying "I hate certain people, who hate certain people! " :)
I know how you and other pro choice folks think, becouse I used to be pro choice.
When.I seen myself the way God does -I realized I needed something.
Turns out, it was a savior.
Just becouse someone doesn't word things the way you think they should, doesn't mean they don't have good intentions and care about you and your future.
Obviously you don't know how we all think. We do not even all have the same thoughts on any give subject. We don't have a hive mind.

What you ignore every time I bring it up, is that one may have an opinion about an action without necessarily wanting to take away anyone's right to act in such a way.
Gtown71

United States

#290464 Mar 26, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>The heart does not lie. It is the teacher of morality who lies.
So follow your heart?
Do what makes YOU Happy, is one of my fav.:

You once said you try and write things to make people think, and you do, so which teacher /teachers are liars?
what's inmoral to one, is ok and normal to others.

Example : many many many people believe when a woman has a baby inside of her " regardless of what you label it ",and she makes her plans, and hires another person to go inside of her, and destroy that baby -that what she has done is very very inmoral.
Others like you -see it as no big deal, and even call it a womans right.

Do you understand what I'm asking, when I ask people, by what or whom they judge anything by?
You don't seem to be the type that wants to bury their head in the sand, but we'll see.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290465 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My friends all had to deal with living up to their parents expectations and behave in a way that didn't embarrass the family.
Which does not answer the question. Nevermind, you're too stupid to do so.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#290466 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
@@ "hullicinate"? "damaged psychology"??
Child, if you want to insult someone, learn to speak English properly.
I am far from a child. Now what are you on about?

I saw nothing wrong with the way it is spelt.

You are completely unnattractive to any man.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290467 Mar 26, 2013
Gtown 71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would hate to see women on the front lines, but for certain would hate to see girls being made to go, because a few want to stand up and speak for all women.
Most women who scream about women's rights, are not considering that those women can speak for themselves, it is more about control with them.
Because Bitter doesn't mind sending her daughter off to war, she thinks all women should be put in that position even though most sane mothers would be devastated to see their daughters have to go.

Location hidden

#290468 Mar 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you painted yourself into a corner again. Lol
Son, I've NEVER painted myself into a corner.
Just to make clear -YOU don't think my mother was acting like a whore, but only repeating what I said right?
Wow. You really ARE a moron.

I dont think anything about your mother at all. I dont believe your stories, remember?

YOU called your mother a whore - something you should be ashamed of BTW. Why should I think or say anything OTHER than how YOU classified her?
I've said Jesus is the only way to Heaven, so you must agree with me there as well?
You say a lot of stupid shit with no basis in reality - so no.
Ok -after I talked about my affair and never called the other woman anything -YOU said that she was a slut, so married women that have sex with someone other than their spouse is a slut?
I can't wait for your answer, they are so,,,, well splotty :)
Generally speaking, I DO believe that women AND men that screw around on their spouses are assholes - period. Your kind like to preach about how important family is, yet you're usually the first ones to screw around. Hell, even too many of the Catholic clergy can't keep their dicks in their pants, and THEY take a vow of chastity.

In our society, women that screw around are sluts, but the men usually get a high-5 and a slap on the back. That I know of, there's no name for male sluts that's gender specific. Douchebag in YOUR case would suffice if you insist on a name. And clearly, you havent changed much.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290469 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered your question. The stupid one is you, Bitter.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#290470 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it familar to you? The pressure to please your parents, to gain their love? I suppose no matter how much you tried, they still trodden you down. Blame it on yourself. If you weren't who you were born being, perhaps they wouldn't have done it to you.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#290471 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Son, I've NEVER painted myself into a corner.
<quoted text>
Wow. You really ARE a moron.
I dont think anything about your mother at all. I dont believe your stories, remember?
YOU called your mother a whore - something you should be ashamed of BTW. Why should I think or say anything OTHER than how YOU classified her?
<quoted text>
You say a lot of stupid shit with no basis in reality - so no.
<quoted text>
Generally speaking, I DO believe that women AND men that screw around on their spouses are assholes - period. Your kind like to preach about how important family is, yet you're usually the first ones to screw around. Hell, even too many of the Catholic clergy can't keep their dicks in their pants, and THEY take a vow of chastity.
In our society, women that screw around are sluts, but the men usually get a high-5 and a slap on the back. That I know of, there's no name for male sluts that's gender specific. Douchebag in YOUR case would suffice if you insist on a name. And clearly, you havent changed much.
Of course you hate all men, and think all men think bad of women.
That is why you became a lesbian.
Gtown71

United States

#290472 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Point of fact:
I never claimed that "they" are whores or sluts. I didn't make ANY claims about ANY women. I simply went with YOUR designation of what kind of a woman your mother was.
YOU claimed YOUR mother was a 'ho. Unless she was taking money, she wasn't, but yeah, she likely was a slut if she was bring home "a different man every night" as you claimed.
Ok foo (eyes roll)
Let's just focus on my mistress a sec, since you have a lapse in memory on my mother.
I never said anything about my mistress, yet you gladly called her a slut, so do you stand for womens sexual and reproductive rights or not?

I realize I go to extremes, but I'm not here to make friends, which would be very easy, just agree with you and be for abortion, but I'm here to show you how you have no standard.

By whom or what standard do ye judge?
Please don't be like elise and talk "good " moral standards, becouse what was the moral standard on gay /lesbian people 30 -40 years ago?

Despite what you call me, or think about me -my goal will be done, it already is in the works :)

Location hidden

#290473 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right the home and family was the center nucleous providing a safe and structured envirnoment. What they had to deal with was mostly positive. Today they deal with broken families, extreme scheduling and distracted parents.
What a collasal crock of shit! "what they had to deal with was mostly positive"??? You're f'd in the head Inkstain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,263,205
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 13 hr Poo-Bear 638
News Presidential Candidates Who Ignore Race Are Mak... Thu reality is a crutch 1
News Teen fatally shot after wounding officer (Jan '07) Wed bill cosby 248
News Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Wed Raptor in Michigan 116,321
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jul 28 Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
Baltimores Big Mouth Prosecutor Jul 28 Seed from the Sower 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages