Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313657 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#289133 Mar 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Don't really care, since it's a work of fiction. My best guess is that, since it was written to further patriarchy and female subjugation, she would still suffer horribly for finding a better man than her owner.
The real question is, why is there no similar test for cheating husbands?
<quoted text>
You brought it up. No one has an answer which means that wasn't the meaning.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#289134 Mar 17, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it. I have made up my mind, but I'm honest enough to admit to myself that nobody knows for sure.
I do get it. You have your mind made up but you still aren't sure.
Gtown71

United States

#289135 Mar 17, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"We that know the Truth"
No, you don't. Nobody does. Does being a Christian include that kind of arrogance? Is your religion simply about spouting platitudes? I'm glad that you're happy and found something that you're passionate about, but not you or anyone else knows the "truth".
Yet, you claim to "know " that there is No God, right?

Again -unless you say I Don't Know what happens to a persons soul at death, or if a person has a soul, then are you not being just as arrogant?
A real God put the change in me, as He did any and all who had a repentent heart toward what they've done, said, thought.
It is a bit harder to understand, when you look at yourself as a "good " person.-
Gtown71

United States

#289136 Mar 17, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that line.
I can't claim ownership, a man at church told me that -it is what he says about all the different bible versions. Lol

He says why scratch around the dump, for a scrap here and there, when you can sit down at the table and eat.:)

I didn't even know there were different bible versions, untill I was saved "and didn't care ",but when I went to buy my first bible -I left the store in two hours with no bible, and a headache :(
Gtown71

United States

#289137 Mar 17, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, our legal system mimics the Ten Commandments?
Okay in what state are American citizens required to
worship the god of the bible and take no other gods before them
not take the lord's name in vain
keep the sabbath holy
honor their mother and father
not covet their neighbors
not commit adultry
as for not committing murder and theft, those are universal laws in almost all societies
Adultery is still illegal in many states, and I said our laws are much "like " the 10 c's

Why is rape wrong? Who says it is? How can some things be wrong and others not? If you seen a 50 yo man taking advantage of a young girl, becouse she's drunk, and you just "know " what he has in store for her, as her helps her to his car -why do you get a sick feeling about what you see?
The laws of God are written on the heart of man (people) some things don't have to be written and read -you just "know " they are wrong.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#289138 Mar 17, 2013
Junket wrote:
Lighten up, Francis.
Junket: "Lighten up, Francis.

Pope Francis expresses concern over child discrimination.

How could a baby killer like you understand what he's saying?

You discriminate the young to death. Shoving them into a home w/ "two daddies" is of no concern to you, b/c you have no concern for children. At all.

Next.........
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#289140 Mar 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Great--a pope with a foot fetish. I don't think I've ever known an AIDS patient who wanted some old man in a dress to kiss their feet.
Not all heteros believe in having kids, either. The majority of gays either want kids or believe we should at least have the same options as heteros.
<quoted text>
Gee, Cpetey says nothing re child discrimination vis a vis gay-couple adoption. In fact, Cpetey doen't even mention the well being of children. He's only concerned about using children to make gays feel "normal".

No surprise.

Cpetey supports killing preborn children.

He's consistent.......

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#289141 Mar 17, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, Cpetey says nothing re child discrimination vis a vis gay-couple adoption.
That would be because there IS no "child discrimination vis a vis gay-couple adoption". Even the people of Mule Francis's country rejected THAT bullshit. He failed - in a DEEPLY Catholic country - in his 'war' against gays. Gay marriage is legal there, as is adoption. In 10 years this wont be an issue ANYWHERE except repressive countries and in your 'faith'. And even WITHIN your "faith", its becoming a non-issue.

Get real No Relevance. They only elected the talking mule because he ain't gonna be around real long. Between being 77 and having one lung, they only elected him so no real changes would take place while the corrupt leaders get their ducks in order hiding as much as they can until REAL change is forced upon them.

Personally, I hope this one screws up their plans. But to the rest of the world that does't follow your version of "faith"? He's just another meaningless dude in a dress.
Ms Obama

Falls City, NE

#289142 Mar 17, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Most racists are stupid.
Yes you are
Ms Obama

Falls City, NE

#289143 Mar 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I felt the need to study various religions for the same reason I chose to study various medical and psychological schools of thought, chemistry, world lit, the arts, and a lot of other topics--because this is a huge world with infinite variety, and I will not be defined by ignorance as you have chosen to be.
The question is, why ae YOU so afraid of life?
<quoted text>
Yet, you are very ignorant. I guess the library at where your staying isn't well informed on issues that pertain to religion,etc. You have shown everyone that you are misinformed on alot of topics.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#289144 Mar 17, 2013
That's the most twisted logic I've ever heard. And you still haven't answered why there ws no test for the husband.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You brought it up. No one has an answer which means that wasn't the meaning.
fooisadonkey

Falls City, NE

#289145 Mar 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>That would be because there IS no "child discrimination vis a vis gay-couple adoption". Even the people of Mule Francis's country rejected THAT bullshit. He failed - in a DEEPLY Catholic country - in his 'war' against gays. Gay marriage is legal there, as is adoption. In 10 years this wont be an issue ANYWHERE except repressive countries and in your 'faith'. And even WITHIN your "faith", its becoming a non-issue.
Get real No Relevance. They only elected the talking mule because he ain't gonna be around real long. Between being 77 and having one lung, they only elected him so no real changes would take place while the corrupt leaders get their ducks in order hiding as much as they can until REAL change is forced upon them.
Personally, I hope this one screws up their plans. But to the rest of the world that does't follow your version of "faith"? He's just another meaningless dude in a dress.
Well, remember when in Moses' day when Moses was on the mountain getting the Ten Commandments? His people made a false idol and worshipped it. Everyone but a few did, it was wrong. Just because its real popular to be in with the gay lifestyle doesn't mean its right. Didn't your momma teach you that whats most popular now doesn't mean its morally good? Just because Argentina wants to be a hedonistic Country doesn't make it right. Pope Francis is right in speaking up against such evil. Pope Francis isn't scared to speak up either, He is going to be a great Pope. Remember , God wins in the end, you lose ,you fake Jew. Another thing, I am so glad you put up the REAL pic of you. Now we know what a jackazz you really are.
fooisadonkey

Falls City, NE

#289146 Mar 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>That would be because there IS no "child discrimination vis a vis gay-couple adoption". Even the people of Mule Francis's country rejected THAT bullshit. He failed - in a DEEPLY Catholic country - in his 'war' against gays. Gay marriage is legal there, as is adoption. In 10 years this wont be an issue ANYWHERE except repressive countries and in your 'faith'. And even WITHIN your "faith", its becoming a non-issue.
I see you are wrong again, he is 76, in great health and does have two lungs, when he was uoung they took a portion of the lung , many doctors do that foo , many run exercise and are very active. Hey, did you know he dances? Thats aerobic activity. Your wrong again. St. Francis loved animals, the poor, he helped the poor even when they were his enemies. You mock a Godly man. You are a sick fake Jew.1251

Indianapolis

#289147 Mar 17, 2013
The difference is that there is no logical reason to believe in any deity or, conversely, NOT to believe in all deities. The only reason anyone believes in a god is because they are taught there is one. However, if you accept that there are supernatural beings, then on what logical premise do you say only YOURS exists? Even the 10 c's says that you shall have no other gods--not that there ARE no other gods.

I'm not apt to take other peoples' word for such things, and people have had millennia to prove that their gods exist. None have done so.

I might point out that atheism is the default position for our species.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you claim to "know " that there is No God, right?
Again -unless you say I Don't Know what happens to a persons soul at death, or if a person has a soul, then are you not being just as arrogant?
A real God put the change in me, as He did any and all who had a repentent heart toward what they've done, said, thought.
It is a bit harder to understand, when you look at yourself as a "good " person.-
fooisadonkey

Falls City, NE

#289148 Mar 17, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, Cpetey says nothing re child discrimination vis a vis gay-couple adoption. In fact, Cpetey doen't even mention the well being of children. He's only concerned about using children to make gays feel "normal".
No surprise.
He's consistent.......
Very true, and he supports killing babies when they are a few days/weeks old. He's a sick one that's for sure. And he talks of children so much makes me queezy, I hope he's locked up somewhere where he can't hurt any children.

Indianapolis

#289149 Mar 17, 2013
Adultery laws are not enforceable.

Define "taking advantage"? Some women like older men, and may seek out older lovers because they are more experienced. Your reading of the situation is just an opinion.

BTW--joseph was a grown man and mary was a young teen. We put people in jail for that. If it's god's law, then shouldn't both situations be equally wrong?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Adultery is still illegal in many states, and I said our laws are much "like " the 10 c's
Why is rape wrong? Who says it is? How can some things be wrong and others not? If you seen a 50 yo man taking advantage of a young girl, becouse she's drunk, and you just "know " what he has in store for her, as her helps her to his car -why do you get a sick feeling about what you see?
The laws of God are written on the heart of man (people) some things don't have to be written and read -you just "know " they are wrong.

Indianapolis

#289151 Mar 17, 2013
I didn't menion it, fucwit, because its nonsense. If you actually knew kids with SS parents, you'd know they are just as happy as their OS-raised peers.

I will say the RCC doesn't discriminate against kids, especially when father feelgood's horny. The RCC gets to whine about kids when they've opened all their records and expunged every member who aided and abetted the molesting priests. They have NO moral authority.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise.
He's consistent.......

Indianapolis

#289152 Mar 17, 2013
Example?
Ms Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Yet, you are very ignorant. I guess the library at where your staying isn't well informed on issues that pertain to religion,etc. You have shown everyone that you are misinformed on alot of topics.

Indianapolis

#289153 Mar 17, 2013
Marriage and adoption are hedonistic?

You're nucking futs, moron. Your church is losing power everywhere.
fooisadonkey wrote:
<quoted text>Well, remember when in Moses' day when Moses was on the mountain getting the Ten Commandments? His people made a false idol and worshipped it. Everyone but a few did, it was wrong. Just because its real popular to be in with the gay lifestyle doesn't mean its right. Didn't your momma teach you that whats most popular now doesn't mean its morally good? Just because Argentina wants to be a hedonistic Country doesn't make it right. Pope Francis is right in speaking up against such evil. Pope Francis isn't scared to speak up either, He is going to be a great Pope. Remember , God wins in the end, you lose ,you fake Jew. Another thing, I am so glad you put up the REAL pic of you. Now we know what a jackazz you really are.

Indianapolis

#289154 Mar 17, 2013
He's not named after francis of assisi, idiot, but francis xavier.

He dances? Are we talking breakdancing or ballroom? "Cause, you know, one is a helluva lot more aerobic than the other.

Aaaandddd...there's that christian love we've come to know so well.
fooisadonkey wrote:
<quoted text> I see you are wrong again, he is 76, in great health and does have two lungs, when he was uoung they took a portion of the lung , many doctors do that foo , many run exercise and are very active. Hey, did you know he dances? Thats aerobic activity. Your wrong again. St. Francis loved animals, the poor, he helped the poor even when they were his enemies. You mock a Godly man. You are a sick fake Jew.1251

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min No Surprize 1,508,690
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Erik The Red 20,929
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 20 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,066
News Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Fri Raptor in Michigan 113,747
News National Illegal Immigration Conversation Conti... Fri RushFan666 5
News Bill curbing suspensions, expulsions of younges... Thu Sweetheart4 3
News In immigrant crackdown, a 'fine-tuned' police s... Mar 21 Rose Tokoyo1 6

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages