Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,561)

Showing posts 271,201 - 271,220 of304,941
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this was very clear..."Even if there is a God I would not believe that he would run Heaven like some exclusive country club that only allows in certain kinds of people."
I never said there would be a heaven for non-believers. I said that I wouldn't believe God would exclude people from heaven.
The way your religion tells it ONLY Christians are getting in...and I think that is just religious b.s.
I don't think there is a God. I think that you and your fellow Christians think there is a God who only wants to let Christians into his heaven....and that comes from what your religion teaches you. Everybody else is barred from entering Heaven. Do you really want to portray God as being that way?
Religion and God are 2 very different things.
All religions believe in God. Number one requirement for heaven.

You say that you don't believe in God and all you want is to be remembered well. When I agree that you will get what you want, you get mad and talk about an exclusive club that doesn't include non believers. Are you confused about what you really believe?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

I should have said all religions that believe in heaven, believe in God.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your translation of 'rot' if the woman isn't pregnant?
Same.

STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Until the Bible according to STO makes sense, I would suggest everyone reads it for themselves and come away with there own understanding.
Why bother?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Same.
Abortion, even if she isn't pregnant. How does that make sense?
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can show just one of many verses that shows you're wrong on your first sentence.-Isaiah 50:6
I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair : I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
Who did this many many years later?
You don't want to consider any god, becouse of your sin.
If there is a God, then you are in trouble.
There is and you are.
When the "duhderp - A'm jus a humble soul who done came to tell of how God woke me up one night" approach doesn't work, then plan B is to threaten the atheists with "yer in big trouble! yer goin' tuh Hay-ul!".

Has that ever worked for ya?

Did God happen to mention plan B the night He "woke you up"?
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion, even if she isn't pregnant. How does that make sense?
Already told you.

Read my post, again.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Already told you.
Read my post, again.
I read all your posts and not one explained how a woman who isn't pregnant can have a miscarriage.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I read all your posts and not one explained how a woman who isn't pregnant can have a miscarriage.
Never made that claim.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Never made that claim.
Then what is the effect the bitter water on an unfaithful wife who isn't pregnant?
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what is the effect the bitter water on an unfaithful wife who isn't pregnant?
Come up with something new, Ink. I answered all your questions in this post you are ignoring...

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the deal, if you can asow me in your translation where it says, under the cover of some other word that the woman is pregnant, then I will agree with you. It must be there for your translation to make sense.

STO: It's a given if she miscarried, she was pregnant. The translation for "rot" includes abortion.

Ink: <quoted text>You never answered how it is possible for a non pregnant woman to abort.

STO: Never made that claim.

You never answered how sterility could prove infidelity.

You'd rather keep going round and round, applying the faith-based view when it suits you and the secular view when it suits you.

AyakaNeo rightly pointed out that the bitter water would only affect the guilty woman, even if the innocent woman were also pregnant. That is the faith based view -- that God would reveal the truth.

The secular view is the bitter water would affect both guilty and innocent women the same, if both were pregnant. That is the view you are arguing.

I've argued (in the past) the husband better have been damn sure his wife cheated, else he may be forcing her to miscarry a potential hier. That goes with the secular view.

I've already said the only sure test that could prove a woman cheated is if the priest took a swab from her vagina and found another man's DNA. Again, secular view.

I think we've exhausted all "what ifs", yet you still pretend the translation does not exist, even though I've shown it to you several times.

I'm bored with it.

I suppose there's really no use in getting into the 7 days creation question. You'd dismiss the translations without explanation, as you've done here, and I'd be just wasting my time.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
There is absolutely no mention of any other aspect of the trinity until the NT--because that's where they made it up. If jesus is god then what's with all the whininng in gethsemane and other entries? He'd know exactly what and why and how.
<quoted text>
I have a feeling you are either brain damaged or only fourteen.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

VIVA POPE FRANCIS!!!!!!!!!! Hooray!
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Come up with something new, Ink. I answered all your questions in this post you are ignoring...
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the deal, if you can asow me in your translation where it says, under the cover of some other word that the woman is pregnant, then I will agree with you. It must be there for your translation to make sense.
STO: It's a given if she miscarried, she was pregnant. The translation for "rot" includes abortion.
Ink: <quoted text>You never answered how it is possible for a non pregnant woman to abort.
STO: Never made that claim.
You never answered how sterility could prove infidelity.
You'd rather keep going round and round, applying the faith-based view when it suits you and the secular view when it suits you.
AyakaNeo rightly pointed out that the bitter water would only affect the guilty woman, even if the innocent woman were also pregnant. That is the faith based view -- that God would reveal the truth.
The secular view is the bitter water would affect both guilty and innocent women the same, if both were pregnant. That is the view you are arguing.
I've argued (in the past) the husband better have been damn sure his wife cheated, else he may be forcing her to miscarry a potential hier. That goes with the secular view.
I've already said the only sure test that could prove a woman cheated is if the priest took a swab from her vagina and found another man's DNA. Again, secular view.
I think we've exhausted all "what ifs", yet you still pretend the translation does not exist, even though I've shown it to you several times.
I'm bored with it.
I suppose there's really no use in getting into the 7 days creation question. You'd dismiss the translations without explanation, as you've done here, and I'd be just wasting my time.
What happens to the wife that is unfaithful but not pregnant?
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens to the wife that is unfaithful but not pregnant?
Why does the husband suspect infidelity when the wife denies it and there are no witnesses? You think he'd pubicly declare he was cuckoolded with no reason?

And I'll ask you again, what happens to the unfaithful woman who is sterile (your understanding w/out translation), and how could her sterility be confirmed?
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

huskerlicious wrote:
VIVA POPE FRANCIS!!!!!!!!!! Hooray!
I hope he is a good man.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Only if the victim steadfastly refuses to forgive.
I meant God will foregive only if the victim steadfastly refuses to foregive.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

News
Print Article | Email Friend | Reprint Permissions
9 things you should know about Pope Francis

by Joe Carter

Wed Mar 13, 2013 16:32 EST
Comments (39)
Tags: pope francis

March 13, 2013 (ActonInstitute)- Early today, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires, Argentina was elected as the 266th pope of the Catholic Church. Here are nine things you should know about Pope Francis.

1. Bergoglio was born in Buenos Aires in 1936. His father was an Italian immigrant

2. He’s the first pope from South America. The only remaining continents that have never had a pope come from their lands are Australia, Antarctica, and North America.

3. He’s the first Jesuit pope.

4. He only has one lung. His other lung was removed due to infection when he was a teenager

5. Bergoglio is known for his personal simplicity. In Argentina he lived in a simple apartment rather than the archbishop’s palace, cooked his own meals, and gave up his chauffeured limousine in favor of taking the bus to work.

Click "like" if you are PRO-LIFE!

6. In 2010, when Argentina became the first Latin American country to legalize same-sex marriage, Bergoglio encouraged clergy across the country to tell Catholics to protest against the legislation because, if enacted, it could “seriously injure the family” and that gay adoption would be “depriving (children) of the human growth that God wanted them given by a father and a mother.”

7. He studied and received a master’s degree in chemistry at the University of Buenos Aires, but later decided to become a Jesuit priest and studied liberal arts at the Catholic seminary in Santiago, Chile.

8. At the age of 76, Francis is the ninth oldest pope of those elected after 1295.(Benedict, who was elected at the age of 78, was fifth oldest.)

9. Last year, Bergoglio compared Catholic priests who refused to baptize the children of unwed mothers to the Pharisees of Jesus’ day.“These are today’s hypocrites. Those who clericalize the Church,” he said, adding,“Jesus teaches us another way: Go out. Go out and share your testimony, go out and interact with your brothers, go out and share, go out and ask. Become the Word in body as well as spirit.”

LifeSiteNews editor's note: To this list we would add a 10th "must know" fact. That Cardinal Bergoglio has strongly condemned abortion, even in cases of rape. In a 2007 speech given to a gathering of priests and laity on October 2nd, then-Cardinal Bergoglio issued a defense of life even in cases of rape saying: "we aren’t in agreement with the death penalty," but "in Argentina we have the death penalty. A child conceived by the rape of a mentally ill or retarded woman can be condemned to death."

Reprinted with permission from The Acton Institute.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
All religions believe in God. Number one requirement for heaven.
You say that you don't believe in God and all you want is to be remembered well. When I agree that you will get what you want, you get mad and talk about an exclusive club that doesn't include non believers. Are you confused about what you really believe?
No, I did not get "mad". This is what I'm addressing...

Ink..."Unfortunately without God, that's the end for her."

Ink..."All religions believe in God. Number one requirement for heaven."

What I am saying is that religion teaches you these things. I'm saying that "if" heaven actually were to exist and "if" God actually were to exist then I don't believe God would exclude people from heaven. That is what religion tells people to keep them in line. I think that if there were actually a God, he wouldn't care anything about organized religion. Organized religions are the ones making up all these rules.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

huskerlicious wrote:
News
Print Article | Email Friend | Reprint Permissions
9 things you should know about Pope Francis
by Joe Carter
Wed Mar 13, 2013 16:32 EST
Comments (39)
Tags: pope francis
March 13, 2013 (ActonInstitute)- Early today, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires, Argentina was elected as the 266th pope of the Catholic Church. Here are nine things you should know about Pope Francis.
1. Bergoglio was born in Buenos Aires in 1936. His father was an Italian immigrant
2. He’s the first pope from South America. The only remaining continents that have never had a pope come from their lands are Australia, Antarctica, and North America.
3. He’s the first Jesuit pope.
4. He only has one lung. His other lung was removed due to infection when he was a teenager
5. Bergoglio is known for his personal simplicity. In Argentina he lived in a simple apartment rather than the archbishop’s palace, cooked his own meals, and gave up his chauffeured limousine in favor of taking the bus to work.
Click "like" if you are PRO-LIFE!
6. In 2010, when Argentina became the first Latin American country to legalize same-sex marriage, Bergoglio encouraged clergy across the country to tell Catholics to protest against the legislation because, if enacted, it could “seriously injure the family” and that gay adoption would be “depriving (children) of the human growth that God wanted them given by a father and a mother.”
7. He studied and received a master’s degree in chemistry at the University of Buenos Aires, but later decided to become a Jesuit priest and studied liberal arts at the Catholic seminary in Santiago, Chile.
8. At the age of 76, Francis is the ninth oldest pope of those elected after 1295.(Benedict, who was elected at the age of 78, was fifth oldest.)
9. Last year, Bergoglio compared Catholic priests who refused to baptize the children of unwed mothers to the Pharisees of Jesus’ day.“These are today’s hypocrites. Those who clericalize the Church,” he said, adding,“Jesus teaches us another way: Go out. Go out and share your testimony, go out and interact with your brothers, go out and share, go out and ask. Become the Word in body as well as spirit.”
LifeSiteNews editor's note: To this list we would add a 10th "must know" fact. That Cardinal Bergoglio has strongly condemned abortion, even in cases of rape. In a 2007 speech given to a gathering of priests and laity on October 2nd, then-Cardinal Bergoglio issued a defense of life even in cases of rape saying: "we aren’t in agreement with the death penalty," but "in Argentina we have the death penalty. A child conceived by the rape of a mentally ill or retarded woman can be condemned to death."
Reprinted with permission from The Acton Institute.
Archbishops get a palace and chauffeured limousines??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 271,201 - 271,220 of304,941
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Torn Sak 1,073,062
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 26 min Samuel 18,499
Feeling Empowered (May '07) 22 hr Wreaking Ball GUY 3,097
illegals? what about our kids? Sat Jack1 1
Deer Park man found stabbed on front lawn (Apr '08) Fri David McSmitj 72
NAAWP IDENTIFIES WHITE TRASH -> LOIS LERNER LIE... Thu NAAWP CRIME NEWS UPDATE 1
OBAMAwage at least $21,000 per year Jul 10 GOP failures 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE