Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310231 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

STO

Vallejo, CA

#288733 Mar 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion, even if she isn't pregnant. How does that make sense?
Already told you.

Read my post, again.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288734 Mar 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Already told you.
Read my post, again.
I read all your posts and not one explained how a woman who isn't pregnant can have a miscarriage.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288735 Mar 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I read all your posts and not one explained how a woman who isn't pregnant can have a miscarriage.
Never made that claim.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288736 Mar 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Never made that claim.
Then what is the effect the bitter water on an unfaithful wife who isn't pregnant?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288737 Mar 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what is the effect the bitter water on an unfaithful wife who isn't pregnant?
Come up with something new, Ink. I answered all your questions in this post you are ignoring...

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the deal, if you can asow me in your translation where it says, under the cover of some other word that the woman is pregnant, then I will agree with you. It must be there for your translation to make sense.

STO: It's a given if she miscarried, she was pregnant. The translation for "rot" includes abortion.

Ink: <quoted text>You never answered how it is possible for a non pregnant woman to abort.

STO: Never made that claim.

You never answered how sterility could prove infidelity.

You'd rather keep going round and round, applying the faith-based view when it suits you and the secular view when it suits you.

AyakaNeo rightly pointed out that the bitter water would only affect the guilty woman, even if the innocent woman were also pregnant. That is the faith based view -- that God would reveal the truth.

The secular view is the bitter water would affect both guilty and innocent women the same, if both were pregnant. That is the view you are arguing.

I've argued (in the past) the husband better have been damn sure his wife cheated, else he may be forcing her to miscarry a potential hier. That goes with the secular view.

I've already said the only sure test that could prove a woman cheated is if the priest took a swab from her vagina and found another man's DNA. Again, secular view.

I think we've exhausted all "what ifs", yet you still pretend the translation does not exist, even though I've shown it to you several times.

I'm bored with it.

I suppose there's really no use in getting into the 7 days creation question. You'd dismiss the translations without explanation, as you've done here, and I'd be just wasting my time.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#288738 Mar 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
There is absolutely no mention of any other aspect of the trinity until the NT--because that's where they made it up. If jesus is god then what's with all the whininng in gethsemane and other entries? He'd know exactly what and why and how.
<quoted text>
I have a feeling you are either brain damaged or only fourteen.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#288739 Mar 13, 2013
VIVA POPE FRANCIS!!!!!!!!!! Hooray!
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288740 Mar 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Come up with something new, Ink. I answered all your questions in this post you are ignoring...
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the deal, if you can asow me in your translation where it says, under the cover of some other word that the woman is pregnant, then I will agree with you. It must be there for your translation to make sense.
STO: It's a given if she miscarried, she was pregnant. The translation for "rot" includes abortion.
Ink: <quoted text>You never answered how it is possible for a non pregnant woman to abort.
STO: Never made that claim.
You never answered how sterility could prove infidelity.
You'd rather keep going round and round, applying the faith-based view when it suits you and the secular view when it suits you.
AyakaNeo rightly pointed out that the bitter water would only affect the guilty woman, even if the innocent woman were also pregnant. That is the faith based view -- that God would reveal the truth.
The secular view is the bitter water would affect both guilty and innocent women the same, if both were pregnant. That is the view you are arguing.
I've argued (in the past) the husband better have been damn sure his wife cheated, else he may be forcing her to miscarry a potential hier. That goes with the secular view.
I've already said the only sure test that could prove a woman cheated is if the priest took a swab from her vagina and found another man's DNA. Again, secular view.
I think we've exhausted all "what ifs", yet you still pretend the translation does not exist, even though I've shown it to you several times.
I'm bored with it.
I suppose there's really no use in getting into the 7 days creation question. You'd dismiss the translations without explanation, as you've done here, and I'd be just wasting my time.
What happens to the wife that is unfaithful but not pregnant?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288741 Mar 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens to the wife that is unfaithful but not pregnant?
Why does the husband suspect infidelity when the wife denies it and there are no witnesses? You think he'd pubicly declare he was cuckoolded with no reason?

And I'll ask you again, what happens to the unfaithful woman who is sterile (your understanding w/out translation), and how could her sterility be confirmed?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288742 Mar 13, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
I hope he is a good man.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#288743 Mar 13, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Only if the victim steadfastly refuses to forgive.
I meant God will foregive only if the victim steadfastly refuses to foregive.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#288745 Mar 13, 2013
News
Print Article | Email Friend | Reprint Permissions
9 things you should know about Pope Francis

by Joe Carter

Wed Mar 13, 2013 16:32 EST
Comments (39)
Tags: pope francis

March 13, 2013 (ActonInstitute)- Early today, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires, Argentina was elected as the 266th pope of the Catholic Church. Here are nine things you should know about Pope Francis.

1. Bergoglio was born in Buenos Aires in 1936. His father was an Italian immigrant

2. He’s the first pope from South America. The only remaining continents that have never had a pope come from their lands are Australia, Antarctica, and North America.

3. He’s the first Jesuit pope.

4. He only has one lung. His other lung was removed due to infection when he was a teenager

5. Bergoglio is known for his personal simplicity. In Argentina he lived in a simple apartment rather than the archbishop’s palace, cooked his own meals, and gave up his chauffeured limousine in favor of taking the bus to work.

Click "like" if you are PRO-LIFE!

6. In 2010, when Argentina became the first Latin American country to legalize same-sex marriage, Bergoglio encouraged clergy across the country to tell Catholics to protest against the legislation because, if enacted, it could “seriously injure the family” and that gay adoption would be “depriving (children) of the human growth that God wanted them given by a father and a mother.”

7. He studied and received a master’s degree in chemistry at the University of Buenos Aires, but later decided to become a Jesuit priest and studied liberal arts at the Catholic seminary in Santiago, Chile.

8. At the age of 76, Francis is the ninth oldest pope of those elected after 1295.(Benedict, who was elected at the age of 78, was fifth oldest.)

9. Last year, Bergoglio compared Catholic priests who refused to baptize the children of unwed mothers to the Pharisees of Jesus’ day.“These are today’s hypocrites. Those who clericalize the Church,” he said, adding,“Jesus teaches us another way: Go out. Go out and share your testimony, go out and interact with your brothers, go out and share, go out and ask. Become the Word in body as well as spirit.”

LifeSiteNews editor's note: To this list we would add a 10th "must know" fact. That Cardinal Bergoglio has strongly condemned abortion, even in cases of rape. In a 2007 speech given to a gathering of priests and laity on October 2nd, then-Cardinal Bergoglio issued a defense of life even in cases of rape saying: "we aren’t in agreement with the death penalty," but "in Argentina we have the death penalty. A child conceived by the rape of a mentally ill or retarded woman can be condemned to death."

Reprinted with permission from The Acton Institute.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#288746 Mar 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
All religions believe in God. Number one requirement for heaven.
You say that you don't believe in God and all you want is to be remembered well. When I agree that you will get what you want, you get mad and talk about an exclusive club that doesn't include non believers. Are you confused about what you really believe?
No, I did not get "mad". This is what I'm addressing...

Ink..."Unfortunately without God, that's the end for her."

Ink..."All religions believe in God. Number one requirement for heaven."

What I am saying is that religion teaches you these things. I'm saying that "if" heaven actually were to exist and "if" God actually were to exist then I don't believe God would exclude people from heaven. That is what religion tells people to keep them in line. I think that if there were actually a God, he wouldn't care anything about organized religion. Organized religions are the ones making up all these rules.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#288747 Mar 13, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
News
by Joe Carter
Comments (39)
March 13, 2013 (ActonInstitute)- Early today, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires, Argentina was elected as the 266th pope of the Catholic Church. Here are nine things you should know about Pope Francis.
1. Bergoglio was born in Buenos Aires in 1936. His father was an Italian immigrant
2. He’s the first pope from South America. The only remaining continents that have never had a pope come from their lands are Australia, Antarctica, and North America.
4. He only has one lung. His other lung was removed due to infection when he was a teenager
5. Bergoglio is known for his personal simplicity. In Argentina he lived in a simple apartment rather than the archbishop’s palace, cooked his own meals, and gave up his chauffeured limousine in favor of taking the bus to work.
6. In 2010, when Argentina became the first Latin American country to legalize same-sex marriage, Bergoglio encouraged clergy across the country to tell Catholics to protest against the legislation because, if enacted, it could “seriously injure the family” and that gay adoption would be “depriving (children) of the human growth that God wanted them given by a father and a mother.”
7. He studied and received a master’s degree in chemistry at the University of Buenos Aires, but later decided to become a Jesuit priest and studied liberal arts at the Catholic seminary in Santiago, Chile.
8. At the age of 76, Francis is the ninth oldest pope of those elected after 1295.(Benedict, who was elected at the age of 78, was fifth oldest.)
9. Last year, Bergoglio compared Catholic priests who refused to baptize the children of unwed mothers to the Pharisees of Jesus’ day.“These are today’s hypocrites. Those who clericalize the Church,” he said, adding,“Jesus teaches us another way: Go out. Go out and share your testimony, go out and interact with your brothers, go out and share, go out and ask. Become the Word in body as well as spirit.”
LifeSiteNews editor's note: To this list we would add a 10th "must know" fact. That Cardinal Bergoglio has strongly condemned abortion, even in cases of rape. In a 2007 speech given to a gathering of priests and laity on October 2nd, then-Cardinal Bergoglio issued a defense of life even in cases of rape saying: "we aren’t in agreement with the death penalty," but "in Argentina we have the death penalty. A child conceived by the rape of a mentally ill or retarded woman can be condemned to death."
Archbishops get a palace and chauffeured limousines??

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#288748 Mar 13, 2013
Yes, there is evidence. More importantly, it's not a matter of belief; evolution is the theory that most effectively explains the data. I fully expect that there will be adjustments as time goes on, because that's what science is.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no proof of the evolution "theory ",which hasn't been around very long, yet by "faith " you believe.

Indianapolis

#288749 Mar 13, 2013
Your feelings are as off-base as your remaining grey cells.
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>I have a feeling you are either brain damaged or only fourteen.

Indianapolis

#288750 Mar 13, 2013
How appropriate...a pope named after a talking mule!
huskerlicious wrote:
Gtown71

United States

#288751 Mar 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
When the "duhderp - A'm jus a humble soul who done came to tell of how God woke me up one night" approach doesn't work, then plan B is to threaten the atheists with "yer in big trouble! yer goin' tuh Hay-ul!".
Has that ever worked for ya?
Did God happen to mention plan B the night He "woke you up"?
No threat sto, just telling him the truth.
What do you suggest? Agreeing with him, and cutting up with him so he would like me? Would that help him if he died today?
Gtown71

United States

#288752 Mar 13, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I meant God will foregive only if the victim steadfastly refuses to foregive.
What if there is NO human victim?
Let's say a person who enjoys cursing God in the privacy of their own home, having much sex with many others, but with their consent,and many many other things, that are against God, but not once in their life do they hurt another human?
It goes back to you either feel like YOU are WORTHY of Heaven on your own merit, or you must do what I and others have been smart enough to do, which is put our faith and trust in the Only one that ever lived who was Worthy to merit Heaven.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#288753 Mar 13, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
News
by Joe Carter
Comments (39)
"Last year, Bergoglio compared Catholic priests who refused to baptize the children of unwed mothers to the Pharisees of Jesus’ day.“These are today’s hypocrites."
Someone should tell him that using "Pharisees" as a pejorative labels him as an anti-semite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr THE DEVIL 1,277,191
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Benny Osteen 20,106
News Presidential Candidates Who Ignore Race Are Mak... 10 hr TOASTER 3
Review: Around The States Moving & Storage 13 hr williambaker57 17
head of losangles police department joshua wilkes Mon joshua wilkes swa... 1
Review: Baltimore Best Movers Mon John 1
News Woman Shot While Trying to Rob Liquor Store Mon reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages