Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#288572 Mar 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!
A christian is a person who have had the ownership of their soul transfered from satan to God.
They are the children of God, through a spuritual adoption.
Yet they still have their sinful flesh.
A christian can commit any sin that a non christian can, but the difference is they are dealt with by their new Father, God.
He punishes His children here on earth, and although He is merciful and longsuffering, He is just and loves His children.
The sinfilled flesh all people wear will be with them till death.
It is not subject to Gods law and can't be.
It will eat itself to death, drink itself to death, sex itself to death, etc......
The more you give it, the more it wants.
Just looking upon another with lust, is commiting adultery.
Many christians put things in front of God, even some put their ministry before God.
Yet when we die, it is our soul that is either saved or not.
So what is the point in having the Commandments? You professed to know adultery was wrong before you were saved and now that you are saved, you still know it's wrong and profess that being saved isn't going to prevent you from breaking the same Commandment again or any other.

Location hidden

#288573 Mar 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so.
I think He could've said "what's the use, they won't listen ",and wipe the earth clean.
Kinda like in the days of Noah, but He is merciful.
If you created people and only ask they do right in a do wrong world, yet they continued to do bad things and curse your name -what would you do?
I would reprogram them the next time. Obviously wiping the earth clean of sinful people didn't work now did it? So God wrote the Commandments twice to no avail and wiped the earth clean to no avail. We make our own choices, God or the lack of God in our life has nothing to do with why we do the things we do.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#288574 Mar 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Living a "good " life is important,but the bible says only the Rightous will go to Heaven.
Damn dude, stop trying to speak for the bible, which you clearly dont know.

Your own KJV say:

"Psalm 37:9-11
King James Version (KJV)

9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.

10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."

Show us where your bible says "only the righteous go to heaven".

I dont believe you know the meaning of the word 'righteous' as it pertains to the bible.

@@ Freaking idiot.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#288575 Mar 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen you tell anyone what Jesus can do for them.
Idiots like you trying to tell others what jesus can do for them is like the RCC extolling the virtues of poverty.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#288576 Mar 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Living a "good " life is important,but the bible says only the Rightous will go to Heaven.
Now knowing that both those who claim to be christians sin, even the best of the best are not perfect, then if there is a God, and He demands rightousness, then that cannot come from ones self.
It must be imputed.
I'm just asking that you question everything you think you know.
It is not about how "good " a person is, it is a position of being a child of God or not that counts.
Perhaps look up the "good test ",to see how you do, if God will judge us by the 10 commandments, how would you do?
It goes back to have you ever told lie? What do you call someone who lies?
stolen anything?
Used Gods name in vain?
Lusted?
Gossip?
We view bad things and good things one way.
God views them another.
So I ask you, what good does your religion do for those against whom you have sinned?
You don't have to mitigate the damage you have done.
You've just wrapped yourself in a religion(?) that suits your worthless self.
When you die, what will be your epitaph?
Gtown71

United States

#288577 Mar 11, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>So I ask you, what good does your religion do for those against whom you have sinned?
Well if you murder someone, how can you really repay that person, or family?
If a person steals something "and is caught ",they may or may not be able to pay those people back.
We could never pay for our sins here on earth.
This is the whole reason for needing a savior.
To be forgiven.
If not then we spend eternity trying to pay back.
Just one sin to God, is much greater then what you and I see.
Gtown71

United States

#288578 Mar 11, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>So what is the point in having the Commandments? You professed to know adultery was wrong before you were saved and now that you are saved, you still know it's wrong and profess that being saved isn't going to prevent you from breaking the same Commandment again or any other.
Well being saved means that the spirit of God lives inside a person, and if they stay in a christcentered mind frame, they will not go back to doing what the did before.
Although never perfect, if the stay in the word, handle things through the spirit, live by the spirit, then they will know they are doing as they should.
When we see a "big " preacher /christian fall, we never see them fall, we see them land. They began falling long before, as they let things slip. Bible reading, prayer life, fellowship with other christians.
If a person like me gets saved in his late 20's, the "flesh " has had control for a long time, and doesn't want to give that control up, but if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, the we have fellowship.
Most christians backslide quickly, becouse they are not trained on what to do.
It is simple to stay God centered, but our flesh will fight till it dies.

This is why some who are christians, walk the walk all the time, some walk in the light alittle, and in the world alittle, some have just gave themself over to flesh, and you can't even tell they are saved.
The only thing they have in their salvation experience.

Lot was a worldly child of God, but was spared ONLY BECOUSE, he was a child of God, but look at his life, it was pretty messed up.

Some will get rewards in Heaven, some will smell like the very smoke of Hell, but are there, becouse of what Jesus did.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#288579 Mar 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you murder someone, how can you really repay that person, or family?
If a person steals something "and is caught ",they may or may not be able to pay those people back.
We could never pay for our sins here on earth.
This is the whole reason for needing a savior.
To be forgiven.
If not then we spend eternity trying to pay back.
Just one sin to God, is much greater then what you and I see.
But answer the question. What good does your prayer do for the victim of your sin?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#288580 Mar 11, 2013
RAmen.
worships reality

AOL

#288581 Mar 11, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
How wonderful.
you bet it is. you and that wand of yours sure get around.
ooo-gaa!

Location hidden

#288582 Mar 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well being saved means that the spirit of God lives inside a person, and if they stay in a christcentered mind frame, they will not go back to doing what the did before.
Although never perfect, if the stay in the word, handle things through the spirit, live by the spirit, then they will know they are doing as they should.
When we see a "big " preacher /christian fall, we never see them fall, we see them land. They began falling long before, as they let things slip. Bible reading, prayer life, fellowship with other christians.
If a person like me gets saved in his late 20's, the "flesh " has had control for a long time, and doesn't want to give that control up, but if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, the we have fellowship.
Most christians backslide quickly, becouse they are not trained on what to do.
It is simple to stay God centered, but our flesh will fight till it dies.
This is why some who are christians, walk the walk all the time, some walk in the light alittle, and in the world alittle, some have just gave themself over to flesh, and you can't even tell they are saved.
The only thing they have in their salvation experience.
Lot was a worldly child of God, but was spared ONLY BECOUSE, he was a child of God, but look at his life, it was pretty messed up.
Some will get rewards in Heaven, some will smell like the very smoke of Hell, but are there, becouse of what Jesus did.
I didn't ask you what being saved means.

Location hidden

#288583 Mar 11, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>So I ask you, what good does your religion do for those against whom you have sinned?
I would do better than him on the 10 Commandments I guarantee it.
based on reality

Danielson, CT

#288584 Mar 11, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only have I not misquoted the Bible, I tell exactly what Chapter and Verse it is, and even copy and paste it, while you speak out of your ass and get it wrong over and over and over.
You don't just "duhderp - get it wrong"; you teach falsely.
I will correct you whenever I see it because it's not right that you mislead Christians and non-Christians, alike.
Your heart seems very far from your Lord. You need to humble yourself. You're acting like a self-righteous know it all. Let us see you speak of what God and his son has to say without your pride getting in the way. Tell everyone about sin, Gods mercy and forgiveness. You do nothing but falsely mislead people. God does not condone killing innocent lives. You are going to be held accountable for justifying abortion while using his Holy name to condone it.

Peace.
Gtown71

United States

#288585 Mar 11, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I would do better than him on the 10 Commandments I guarantee it.
Again -it's the dirt bike over the grand canyon theory, you may do much much much better then me, but me is not the standard in which you will be judged by.

I, like most would judge what I did by those I knew "most of the time we judge those who are worst then us on the subject at hand ".

I would tell myself sure I get drunk, but not like so and so -he's a real sot!

I still remeber this old man who told me how he was married for over 50 years, before his wife died and only stepped out on her twice in over 50 years. I had not "physicaly " cheated on my wife. I remeber how it may me feel, I thought wow you act like that's not to bad? I thought it was!

Little did I know, if I had died I would've been judged as an adulterer, for the many times I lusted.

Untill a person can see himself as God sees them, they will never know why they need a savior.
Gtown71

United States

#288586 Mar 11, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>But answer the question. What good does your prayer do for the victim of your sin?
I'm just not clear what you're asking?

I've hurt people, that I can never "repay ".
I've been hurt by people who can never repay me.

I no.longer worry or care about getting what I deserve from those who hurt, or owe me, becouse I'm very thankful for grace, and very glad I'm not getting what I deserve.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#288587 Mar 11, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you grumpy?
Almost all here are happy with their mindset. That's enough to make anyone my age grumpy. Do you think that anybody here has something original to post?
Many of my posts are questions. I try to joggle minds.
Gtown71

United States

#288588 Mar 11, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn dude, stop trying to speak for the bible, which you clearly dont know.
Your own KJV say:
"Psalm 37:9-11
King James Version (KJV)
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."
Show us where your bible says "only the righteous go to heaven".
I dont believe you know the meaning of the word 'righteous' as it pertains to the bible.
@@ Freaking idiot.
Matthew 25:46
There is the rightousness of "man ", but only the Rightousness of God, will get one to Heaven.

The fervent prayer of a rightous man availeth much.

Is this the prayer of an atheist that is a good person?
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#288589 Mar 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just not clear what you're asking?
I've hurt people, that I can never "repay ".
I've been hurt by people who can never repay me.
I no.longer worry or care about getting what I deserve from those who hurt, or owe me, becouse I'm very thankful for grace, and very glad I'm not getting what I deserve.
I'm Jewish and in our religion God does not forgive sins against humans. We must mitigate the damage we did and ask the victim for forgiveness.
Your religion is an anathema to society.

Location hidden

#288590 Mar 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 25:46
There is the rightousness of "man ", but only the Rightousness of God, will get one to Heaven.
The fervent prayer of a rightous man availeth much.
Is this the prayer of an atheist that is a good person?
You know what would be interesting, research on inmates and what their religious backgrounds are. I'd bet most are Christian and Atheist.

Location hidden

#288591 Mar 11, 2013
*and not Atheist.*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cops railroaded to appease N***ers. 13 min the Ace of Spades 57
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 1 hr FriendofDog 416
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Holy Jumpin Jesus 1,224,041
News Poverty edging into 2016 presidential race amid... 6 hr Novus Ordo Seclorum 7
Cop shoots N!@@er in Baltimore 6 hr pathetic 6
total pieces of crap 6 hr pathetic 2
The Walking Dead star CHIMPSOUT (video) 6 hr TOASTER 5
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]