Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,613
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#288501 Mar 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo, it is always greed and power.
What power?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#288502 Mar 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it is but not very important after you are dead.
I think it is. It's the best thing we can leave people...good memories. You don't even really know if there's a heaven or an afterlife or even a God. The memories I have of my parents and other important people to me who have passed away are great things to have, they're a part of my life, and they are real. You don't have to think that's important, but I happen to think it is.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#288503 Mar 9, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"That if people can believe God has His plan, why can't they believe abortion IS part of that plan?"
Or at least consider the possibility. When we, as Christians, accept the concepts of predestination/foreordination and ensoulment at conception, one would have to accept that God's plan for that soul in this corporeal existence was concluded. His purpose and reasons are not always for us to know.
When I think of my own family, I realize had my mom not miscarried twice, my oldest sibling would not be here.
Yes, agree, STO. Your last point is very interesting. I'd bet the possibilities are endless regarding full term pregnancies that never would have been had an earlier pregnancy not ended prior to term (either induced or spontaneous). All those people are still God's people, right? In the same sense that they were known in the womb, too. Right?

(the things that make you go hmmmm)
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#288504 Mar 9, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go, Katie ^^^!
A perfect example of willful ignorance is Gtown.
What a shame. These folks are scared shi^tless of a little knowledge.
Indeed.
<shake my head>
Gtown71

United States

#288505 Mar 9, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Ladilulu. It's no really Jesus-like to call someone a jerk is it?
Maybe you could reread my post, but I was calling myself a jerk :)
You agree? Lol
Gtown71

United States

#288506 Mar 9, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
"ood men can do bad things, but it takes religion to make good men do truely evil things"
The meaning is simple. If someone believes they are doing something in the name of their god, they can justify all sorts of evil, well because they are doing the work of their god.
Many fervent religious people act like they have an insight with god, that they know something the rest of us don't. They and only they are in on the little secret.
Not to jump to the Hitler thing, but there are plenty of quotes from him where he stated he was doing the work of the lord in his quest to exterminate the Jews. and there is ample evidence that the Vatican gave its tacit approval.
It allows them to pass judgement on others, to condemn other beliefs, to be grossly intolerant and dismissive of others. It allows them to be prejudice.
A prime example is the current trend for many fundamentalists evangelical christians and their obsession with displaying their relligious symbols on public/gov't lands and buildings. Usually the Ten Commandments (their version), crosses and the nativity scenes. But god forbid another religion tries to do the same, and man they scream and fight it tooth and nail. A cross was displayed in the Mojave Desert, and they fought to keep it saying in commenorates the war dead. Good arguement, until they fought an effort to have another religious symbol displayed at tthe same sight for the fallen of that religion.
another example is the opposition to same sex marriage. The only arguements against it I hear are based on religion. When you point out that other religions accept it, so shouldn't they be allowed to have the same rights as christians opposed, it falls on deaf ears. These same christians would have a cow if we started basing our laws on the Koran, yet they have no problem with basing our laws on the Bible. Using your religious beliefs to shape secular law is wrong. Heck, they don't even want to give Muslims the right to use Islamic law to settle differences between Muslims.
Well again everyone that says Lord Lord have we not done all these things in your name, don't make it to Heaven. They are not christians, no matter how loud they say they are.
As far as the laws, you're right, when I didn't believe in.God, I would vote for whomever was the least religious.
Plus no christian law stopped me, from doing as I pleased.

If Jesus was to return for "His " church on a sun morn, there would be some entire churches full of.people in them, that never miss a lick of amazing grace. Whole churches full of lost people.

Many christians believe this country was founded on christian beliefs, and they fight to keep it that way.
Gtown71

United States

#288507 Mar 9, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so ignorant you claim we've been discussing "a verse".
It as a Law, which was described over several verses. "Verses" is plural.
You're so dishonest you won't acknowledge I quoted a translation for "rot", H5307, which includes "In Chaldee, specially is used of an abortion; whence Heb. which see (b)used of members of the body which fall away, become emaciated, Num. 5:21,27"
http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...
Keep lying and claiming the translation doesn't exist.
The only one lying here sto, is you and you know it. I could care less how many "translations" you come up with, they are wrong, if the think numbers chapter 5 talks about abortion.

You are stretching far to try and make it stick. I doesn't and never will!
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#288508 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I think it is. It's the best thing we can leave people...good memories. You don't even really know if there's a heaven or an afterlife or even a God. The memories I have of my parents and other important people to me who have passed away are great things to have, they're a part of my life, and they are real. You don't have to think that's important, but I happen to think it is.
I happen to think you're right and agree. We all can't build monuments for the world to remember, but we can build monumental memories for our loved ones.

(you're welcome for both, LNM)
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#288509 Mar 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one lying here sto, is you and you know it. I could care less how many "translations" you come up with, they are wrong, if the think numbers chapter 5 talks about abortion.
You are stretching far to try and make it stick. I doesn't and never will!
You should be ashamed of yourself! This is what you're calling a "liar". You, damn near illiterate, have no clue of what you speak and still you speak it. With pride and belligerence no less.

"Testimonials
BLB users come from a variety of backgrounds; some are pastors, seminary students or lay people seeking to better understand the original Hebrew and Greek while others are new Christians who desire to learn the essentials of Christianity for the first time. BLB users represent both rich and poor countries alike, some of which are closed to the Gospel. Regardless of the userís country of origin, culture, or socioeconomic status, we are assured that God is faithful to accomplish His purposes through His Word, and are privileged to share some of the ways in which God is using BLB."
http://www.blueletterbible.org/about/about04....

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#288510 Mar 9, 2013
Christians are made like everybody else. Your bible gives countless examples of him slaughtering "his own image."
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>God doesn't destroy His own Image . All Christians know we are wonderfully made in God's Image .
Gtown71

United States

#288511 Mar 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be ashamed of yourself! This is what you're calling a "liar". You, damn near illiterate, have no clue of what you speak and still you speak it. With pride and belligerence no less.
"Testimonials
BLB users come from a variety of backgrounds; some are pastors, seminary students or lay people seeking to better understand the original Hebrew and Greek while others are new Christians who desire to learn the essentials of Christianity for the first time. BLB users represent both rich and poor countries alike, some of which are closed to the Gospel. Regardless of the userís country of origin, culture, or socioeconomic status, we are assured that God is faithful to accomplish His purposes through His Word, and are privileged to share some of the ways in which God is using BLB."
http://www.blueletterbible.org/about/about04....
Yes, and they all agree with sto on this, oh and you, that numbers 5 talks of abortion. NOT!

Hey I can admit when I'm wrong, likw moses carving the 10 c's, He had to hew out the tablets "which was a pretty big job, but God wrote em. You think you or sto, will admit you're wrong about numbers 5 condoning abortion? Prob never,but I should be ashamed.

I've talked to others about this -they to have NO IDEA WHERE Y'ALL GET THIS?!?!?

I spoke to a humble preacher who reads the kjv from start to finish every 30 days!

He don't brag, and says it is his conviction alone to not want 30 days to go by, without reading the entire word of God. He's done it since 1994.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#288512 Mar 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Christians are made like everybody else.
The bible gives countless examples of him slaughtering "his own image."
<quoted text>
No one knows who God is.
The closer we get to him the
more we know. There is a pot
of Gold at the end of the rainbow.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#288513 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, I want my kids, family, friends and coworkers to remember me in a positive way. I think to be remembered well, to have made a positive contribution to other people's lives, is a good legacy to those we leave behind.
You may be remembeerd as the heathen pagan who foresaked her immortal soul in order to live a reponsibility free life. You made yourself the god of your own universe and shall dwell in eternal damnation in the afterworlds of your choosing. All so you could persecute people of Faith, while promotng your pagan ways.

The Pagan Posse on here may alugh in this world but you have damned yourself for eternity by your cruel and selfish actions.

Indianapolis

#288514 Mar 9, 2013
So your god could be satan. Or alfred e newman.

Now, want to reply with something relevant to my post?
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knows who God is.
The closer we get to him the
more we know. There is a pot
of Gold at the end of the rainbow.

Indianapolis

#288515 Mar 9, 2013
Sorry, I don't care what the staff thinks. Tell your god to call me directly...surely he knows my number. And no collect calls, unless he's in prison and hasn't made commisary.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be remembeerd as the heathen pagan who foresaked her immortal soul in order to live a reponsibility free life. You made yourself the god of your own universe and shall dwell in eternal damnation in the afterworlds of your choosing. All so you could persecute people of Faith, while promotng your pagan ways.
The Pagan Posse on here may alugh in this world but you have damned yourself for eternity by your cruel and selfish actions.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#288516 Mar 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you could reread my post, but I was calling myself a jerk :)
You agree? Lol
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you're talking about foo, the IDK, but I do hope she is ok, despite having the ability to really be a jerk, how I truly feel about her and others may just surprize you!'

It can go either way, but if you say so then it's true.

Do I agree that you were calling yourself a jerk or that you are a jerk?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#288517 Mar 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Possible, but every woman brought before the priests would have to be pregnant to be effective and that isn't likely.
It's highly likely given the biblical fact that god condemned spilling "the seed" on the ground in the book of Genesis.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#288518 Mar 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Many christians believe this country was founded on christian beliefs,
Many so called christians believe a lot fo things with no basis in reality. The USA was not founded on christian ANYTHING, and that is the fact.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#288519 Mar 10, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so ignorant? Responsibility free? How so? I do for my kids and my husband, I get up and go to work where I often go the extra mile to help coworkers, I adopt dogs that I then take care of for years, I donate/volunteer my time, etc. I deal with responsibilities everyday. Like many other women/mothers I put other people's needs ahead of my own each and every day.

Can you actually prove there is a god, soul or eternal damnation? Then why should I take your rants and your mythologies seriously?

What "pagan ways" do I "promote"?

Do you have ANY clue what you are babbling about...ever?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#288520 Mar 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I geuss if God was only a man, then I would agree with you, but since He's not just a man -He could've used any thing He wished.
Well there is no symbolism in writing the commandments on stone because stone breaks and people break commandments. Moses broke the first stone because of the sins being committed while he was on the mountain. So why would God choose stone again if He knew the commandments would be broken. Why would He bother at all writing them again knowing that people were sinning while He was writing them the first time? Makes it rather arbitrary doesn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,144,590
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 1 hr Swedenforever 54,530
looking for sister (Sep '09) 2 hr loretta 4
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Go go dancer 19,490
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) 17 hr Squach 120,220
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! Thu NO CANADA OIL TO ... 1
Officer 'fighting for his life' after pursuit p... Nov 25 gollywog 1
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:30 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:30PM
Play First, Work Later for Ravens Rook
Bleacher Report 2:19 PM
Robert Griffin III Comments on Being Benched by Redskins HC Jay Gruden
Bleacher Report 3:53 PM
Redskins vs. Colts: What Experts Are Saying About Washington
Bleacher Report 6:37 PM
Chargers vs. Ravens: Complete Week 13 Preview for Baltimore
Bleacher Report 9:04 PM
Is SF's Season over After Thanksgiving Loss?