Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
270,961 - 270,980 of 305,484 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#288481 Mar 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
She's okay. I'll pass on a hello from you :)
Thanks.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#288482 Mar 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And what made these men evil?
Kim Jong Il
Mao Zedong
Stalin
greed and the desire for complete political control, just like any dictator

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#288483 Mar 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Also
Lenin
Napoleon
Mussolini
napoleon and mussolini were catholics

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#288484 Mar 9, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>God doesn't destroy His own Image . All Christians know we are wonderfully made in God's Image .
God looks like a hag?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288485 Mar 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No sto, its just that you are trying to say a verse says something, that it clearly doesn't.
You're so ignorant you claim we've been discussing "a verse".

It as a Law, which was described over several verses. "Verses" is plural.

You're so dishonest you won't acknowledge I quoted a translation for "rot", H5307, which includes "In Chaldee, specially is used of an abortion; whence Heb. which see (b)used of members of the body which fall away, become emaciated, Num. 5:21,27"

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...

Keep lying and claiming the translation doesn't exist.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288486 Mar 9, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sinfilled flesh"? So do you think when people sin it's not really their fault because that's kind of their destiny...to be sinners?
What is the difference between a "born again Christian" and a regular Christian?
If Moses rewrote the 10 Commandments then where are they? Why have they never been found? Not the rewrites or fragments of the original tablets...nothing. I would think the tablets Moses wrote would have been preserved and still exist.
Hi LNM. Please don't take Gtown seriously. He doesn't know his ass from his elbow, concering the Bible.

Example:

Gtown: "The first set of 10 c's was written by Gods finger, then moses had to rewrite them, becouse he broke them."

The Bible reads:

Exodus 34:1

And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.

See, LNM, God writes on the second set of tablets. Gtown can't get the simple stuff right.
worships reality

AOL

#288487 Mar 9, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Most christards are full of feces for jesus.
most christards are full of you?!?!? double ooo-gaa!!!
Gtown71

United States

#288488 Mar 9, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sinfilled flesh"? So do you think when people sin it's not really their fault because that's kind of their destiny...to be sinners?
What is the difference between a "born again Christian" and a regular Christian?
If Moses rewrote the 10 Commandments then where are they? Why have they never been found? Not the rewrites or fragments of the original tablets...nothing. I would think the tablets Moses wrote would have been preserved and still exist.
We are born with a sin nature, you can see it in any small child, that thinks they are in trouble, and will lie to get out of it, yet they will usualy confess quickly, since they have not hardened themselves yet.

I believe God knows where all things are, but wants us to believe by faith.

I didn't set it up that way -He did, but remember many seen the tablets, just like those who seen the works Jesus did, but did not believe.

Jesus said we must be born again. He said this to a very "good " person, who was a religious ruler, but didn't "know " God.

Many claim to be christians,but only those who have been saved are.

Many polls that are taken ask people what religion they are, and from the choices they are given, they usualy say christian.

When a person is born again, it is a spiritual transformation -Not just saying a prayer, or joining a church, or filling out a card.
It is a true spiritual experience, that takes a sinful person, and makes them a child of God.

They have accepted the free gift from God, by faith.

The worse the person is, that larger the transfornation is.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#288489 Mar 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've heard a quote sorta like this, from one of my favorite atheist on another thread. I will say his is longer and better, and comes from an atheist websight.
What we call good and what God calls good, can be way apart. He searches the heart of people.
I don't get it myself, but can only keep saying I truly didn't believe in any god either, and really thought those who did were idiots. A real God woke me up at exactly 1:30 am, over 12 years ago, that I do know. He changed my "core " beliefs. HE NOT ME. HE NOT ME. HE NOT ME.HE NOT ME.
I HAVE NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT, AND WAS ONLY A SINFILLEE MAN SAVED BY GRACE.
"ood men can do bad things, but it takes religion to make good men do truely evil things"

The meaning is simple. If someone believes they are doing something in the name of their god, they can justify all sorts of evil, well because they are doing the work of their god.

Many fervent religious people act like they have an insight with god, that they know something the rest of us don't. They and only they are in on the little secret.

Not to jump to the Hitler thing, but there are plenty of quotes from him where he stated he was doing the work of the lord in his quest to exterminate the Jews. and there is ample evidence that the Vatican gave its tacit approval.

It allows them to pass judgement on others, to condemn other beliefs, to be grossly intolerant and dismissive of others. It allows them to be prejudice.

A prime example is the current trend for many fundamentalists evangelical christians and their obsession with displaying their relligious symbols on public/gov't lands and buildings. Usually the Ten Commandments (their version), crosses and the nativity scenes. But god forbid another religion tries to do the same, and man they scream and fight it tooth and nail. A cross was displayed in the Mojave Desert, and they fought to keep it saying in commenorates the war dead. Good arguement, until they fought an effort to have another religious symbol displayed at tthe same sight for the fallen of that religion.

another example is the opposition to same sex marriage. The only arguements against it I hear are based on religion. When you point out that other religions accept it, so shouldn't they be allowed to have the same rights as christians opposed, it falls on deaf ears. These same christians would have a cow if we started basing our laws on the Koran, yet they have no problem with basing our laws on the Bible. Using your religious beliefs to shape secular law is wrong. Heck, they don't even want to give Muslims the right to use Islamic law to settle differences between Muslims.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#288491 Mar 9, 2013
&fe ature=youtu.be You need to see this. Take a look Bhitler.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288492 Mar 9, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to be snarky.
"It probably wouldn't do any of those things either. As I tried to say earlier, I think it was just the threat of what the bitter water 'could' do that would elicit a confession."
I accept the Word, as written. I understand it was not originally written in English, so we must study the translations.
I made my case. I never expected you to agree with it. I get why you came to the conclusion you did regarding "sterility". I do not agree the translations support your conclusion, but so be it.
It's a shame you can't find it within yourself to admit I proved my case. The translation evidencing abortion is there. Like I said, I don't expect you to accept it, but since you never rebutted the scholarship of the translator, I'd hope you'd have enough integrity to simply say, "Yeah, I see how you arrived at your conclusion." As I've done here.
What'dya say, Ink?
Here's the deal, if you can asow me in your translation where it says, under the cover of some other word that the woman is pregnant, then I will agree with you. It must be there for your translation to make sense. You never answered how it is possible for a non pregnant woman to abort.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288493 Mar 9, 2013
show

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#288494 Mar 9, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LNM. Please don't take Gtown seriously. He doesn't know his ass from his elbow, concering the Bible.
Example:
Gtown: "The first set of 10 c's was written by Gods finger, then moses had to rewrite them, becouse he broke them."
The Bible reads:
Exodus 34:1
And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.
See, LNM, God writes on the second set of tablets. Gtown can't get the simple stuff right.
That's interesting. He got it backwards.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#288495 Mar 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are born with a sin nature, you can see it in any small child, that thinks they are in trouble, and will lie to get out of it, yet they will usualy confess quickly, since they have not hardened themselves yet.
I believe God knows where all things are, but wants us to believe by faith.
I didn't set it up that way -He did, but remember many seen the tablets, just like those who seen the works Jesus did, but did not believe.
Jesus said we must be born again. He said this to a very "good " person, who was a religious ruler, but didn't "know " God.
Many claim to be christians,but only those who have been saved are.
Many polls that are taken ask people what religion they are, and from the choices they are given, they usualy say christian.
When a person is born again, it is a spiritual transformation -Not just saying a prayer, or joining a church, or filling out a card.
It is a true spiritual experience, that takes a sinful person, and makes them a child of God.
They have accepted the free gift from God, by faith.
The worse the person is, that larger the transfornation is.
"Many claim to be christians,but only those who have been saved are."

I think most of the Christians on here are not "born again" so are they not "real" Christians?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#288496 Mar 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are born with a sin nature, you can see it in any small child, that thinks they are in trouble, and will lie to get out of it,......... bullshit deleted for redundant stupidity.......
You're good at regurgitating nonsense, but that's about it you poor shmuck.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288497 Mar 9, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I want my kids, family, friends and coworkers to remember me in a positive way. I think to be remembered well, to have made a positive contribution to other people's lives, is a good legacy to those we leave behind.
I'm sure it is but not very important after you are dead.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288498 Mar 9, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
greed and the desire for complete political control, just like any dictator
Bingo, it is always greed and power.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#288499 Mar 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've heard a quote sorta like this, from one of my favorite atheist on another thread. I will say his is longer and better, and comes from an atheist websight.
What we call good and what God calls good, can be way apart. He searches the heart of people.
I don't get it myself, but can only keep saying I truly didn't believe in any god either, and really thought those who did were idiots. A real God woke me up at exactly 1:30 am, over 12 years ago, that I do know. He changed my "core " beliefs. HE NOT ME. HE NOT ME. HE NOT ME.HE NOT ME.
I HAVE NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT, AND WAS ONLY A SINFILLEE MAN SAVED BY GRACE.
And now you're a bullshit filled jackwit, filled with phony piety - a jackass for jesus at best.'

Tell me phony, do you think the little embellishments like "EXACTLY 1:30 am" make your crap more believable? Personally, I think they make your stories more laughable.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#288500 Mar 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no doubt that you're telling the truth, but why do you think God wrote the 10 c's on stone?
He could have used gold or many things, so why stone?
It is because you either keep them, or you break them.
This is why The Bible makes clear, that we have all broke them.
If me and you had dirtbikes, that ran on how good we are, or live, and we must both jump the grand canyon, then perhaps mine would only go a few feet, before falling to my death, and you may make it 99% of the way, BUT we would both die.
There is nothing Good in me, except the "imputed " rightousness from God.
A "good " person can be very hard to make understand why they need the free gift of God.
The good die young. God wants the righteous to live.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#288501 Mar 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo, it is always greed and power.
What power?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RealDave 1,101,537
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 56 min Judge 18,900
One Action Movie Can Damage a Mind for Life 7 hr HidingInMyCave 8
gay hookup in maryland Sun mdtowson 5
Md. Governor Does Illegal Immigrants Another Fa... Sun wild child 2
Atlantic fish management research to be address... Sun Will Jones 1
15 homeless single moms in Osceola get housing ... (Dec '08) Sun Crodriguez 20
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••