Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,538)

Showing posts 270,741 - 270,760 of304,915
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you give books /verses? Please.
Just becouse it is in the bible, doesn't mean God liked it. Each verse must be read in context.
For instance you can kill anyone with a acts and 2 -38's.:)
Whose context? There can be a million different interpretations of the context of various scriptures. That's a good reason for not basing law on the bible. The other good reason is that there's no proof anything in there really happened. It comes down to faith...and faith is personal and subjective.

But that just proved my whole point that you can't have it both ways when using the bible to support an argument. The fundies can't keep holding the bible up as some kind of ultimate guide to good righteous living and God's law and then say something from the bible is not "relevant" to "today" when they don't like what the bible has to say.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
What they may have known and what they SAID they knew are two totally different things.
Of course life exists prior to viability. An amoeba is life....a sperm is life.....what they were talking about is meaningful life and life worthy of legal protection. Hence their qualification of the question of when life begins as being a "difficult" one. It is not difficult to conclude that generic life exists prior to viability.
<quoted text>
They did not label that life a "person" or a "human being". THAT is the point. By saying there was no need to resolve the difficult question of when life begins they were effectively acknowledging they did not know when it begins. It is self evident that if one does not know when meaningful life begins then one likewise does not know when meaningful life does NOT exist. Yet the decision they rendered which gave women the right to abort without restriction or the need for justification prior to viability could not have been made unless they acknowledged that meaningful life did not exist prior to viability. But yet in the same decision they said they did not know.
A blatant contradiction and one you have attempted to address but have failed to reconcile.
RvW was and remains a bad decision. This is only one of the reasons why.
Hey, maybe I can't reconcile it, according to you, but still you did not address my point about elevating the rights of the z/e/f above the rights of the woman. The z/e/f is not born, but the woman is. And I don't have the legal expertise of a Supreme Court Justice ya know?

Every time you ejac-late (topix doesn't like that word) millions of live sperms will die...sperm that had the *potential* to become a person. Would you want your sperm's rights elevated above your own? I realize it's not the best analogy, but I think you get the point.

What we need is BC that is 100% effective and then 100% compliance with using it and then we could be arguing something else.

I've got to get to work. Have a good one.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
Does it bother me, that we've reached a place in time, where women are aborting so many babies -yes.
sex is no longer sacred? Yes
Divorce rate higher then ever -yes
Its ok though, most people enjoy the coughing and sneezing, and even learn to live with it, or use enough tissue to not go to far, as time ticks away.
Tell me was abortion wrong before it was legal?
Does making something legal, make it right?
As you can see we can go on forever, with the back and forth.
Women are now going to the frontlines of warzones, yet could not survive the frontlines of an nfl game.
do I think women and men are different -YES.and they should stay that way. Nor better, not worse, just different.
The lines are so blurred now -I give the future generations very little chance to have a "normal " life.
If anyone can remeber what normal is.
If your version of "normal" is forcing women to live by the 19th-century "woman's sphere" nonsense, I'll cheerfully pass on it. Thankfully for all women, this ISN'T the 19th century, and we all get to decide for OURSELVES as individuals what "normal" is.

Maybe you should stay out of other women's sexual and reproductive decisions, as they aren't yours to make in the first place.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
The fundie boys have uterus envy. If they can't have one, they'll try to control as many as they can.
Yep, the fundie boys make that obvious every time they post. Many of them are just pissed that their opportunity to live in the 19th century is GONE. Too bad for the, huh?:-)
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you're very right about that.
I will say that you seem to live your life, just the way you wish, and believe when we die, we just die and that's that.
I hope your right, but at the same time I know you're wrong.
Now feces can come tell me how I think I know it all, but will be glad to back up your theory of death.
Just like abortion, its a double standard.
This worlds getting worse and worse, and I also realize it must.
it won't be long untill Isreal stands alone, or atleast on earth,but they are going nowhere,and if you're still alive, perhaps when you see how God moves on that tiny plot of land for the sake of His people, and prophesy, it may just begin to soften your hard heart.
It is not your sins, that are seperating you from God, it is your SIN.
I spoke with an atheist on another post today.
He said atheist does not mean they don't believe there is no god, but means there is no god based on anything any theist have shown them thus far.
What is it with idiot fundies and their inability to use you're instead of your?

My "theory" of death is that we all die. Unlike you, I'm not arrogant enough to boast that I know what happens after we die. Continue with your double standards.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd think so, STO. But ... um ... aint happened yet!
Was looking at some sites regarding abortion in the bible and found a number of interesting ones. What's funny is how people interpret the same passages and claim these mean different things. What wasn't so funny was how some of the passages were altered and then interpreted afterward. Those were the fundie sites, though. And one even ended with, "You CAN Be SAVED ...(send money here)."
However, thought this worth posting here.
"The Bible never specifically mentions abortion. This is significant, because herbal abortifacients--most notably pennyroyal and silphium--were in common use at the time that the New Testament was written. Jesus, Paul, and the other major figures of the New Testament were surrounded by cultures that practiced abortion, but no specific condemnation of the practice can be found in the Bible." http://civilliberty.about.com/od/abortion/f/b...
Thou shalt not murder.

Where does it say abortion was a common practice?

More children was a safeguard for the community and the continuation of a society. Tell me where it says that the Israelites made a habit of executing their unborn children.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Real women, with real feminine hormones, always put ther needs of their children before their own. That is something all you proabortion pagans cannot grasp or understand.
And most do just that especially when the men with real feminine hormones walk away cuz they ain't got the testes it takes to be a real father.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
It only proves and reinforces our understanding of what is really important to you proabortion pagans. It is not the care of patients, just pissing off people of Fatih.
You live a sad life. I will pray for your soul and the saftey of those you may care for.
Why don't you go flog yourself? Seriously.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Should she have been forced to abort because it was in the contract?
Of course you do bring up an interesting viewpoint. Maybe men and women should sign contracts before they have sex so that each of them fully understand where the other one stands on the issue of abortion. If the man doesn't want a chld, and has a signed contract with the woman that says that she will abort any pregnancy, if she then chooses to continue the pregnancy he should be off the hook for child-support.
Yeah that's a real brilliant idea.........contracts.@@

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You and other baby-killing "feminists" wish you were born with a penis between your legs.
We'd be pregnant 24/7.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're just lying. I've never said abortion was murder nor have I ever said it SHOULD be murder.
<quoted text>
Who said I can't bring myself to say natural abortion ? I can say it. The same way I can say natural death ( as opposed to death by homicide). Both, by definition are considered deaths and both result in the cessation of life. But both are hardly comparable.
Just because a miscarriage technically qualifies, by definition, as an abortion, in no manner, shape or form means you can conclude that there is no difference between a naturally occurring abortion and an induced abortion.
That conclusion is absurd and the point you dopey PC's are trying to make in making this ridiculous comparison, remains a mystery.
"It's precisely the difference in the process that qualifies it as a crime.
Your reference to suicide is also not relevant as the comparison has always been a "natural" occurring death vs intentional death caused by outside influence....and the difference between those two."
You are talking about elective abortions here and equating it with homicide (intentional death caused by outside influence. So yeah you are referencing abortion as murder. The only difference is the intent, there is no difference in the process.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Who said making meth was a sin? Your jesus made wine from water; alcohol is just another drug.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking at it that way, the bible doesn't condem building a meth lab.
How about the verse be ye Holy, for I am Holy?
what's Holy about killing the unborn?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

I have found no reason to believe in a god--any god--just because someone tells me there is one. There is no evidence that any of them ever existed. Most religious believe THEIR god is real, but dismiss all others; I just take that last step.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you're very right about that.
I will say that you seem to live your life, just the way you wish, and believe when we die, we just die and that's that.
I hope your right, but at the same time I know you're wrong.
Now feces can come tell me how I think I know it all, but will be glad to back up your theory of death.
Just like abortion, its a double standard.
This worlds getting worse and worse, and I also realize it must.
it won't be long untill Isreal stands alone, or atleast on earth,but they are going nowhere,and if you're still alive, perhaps when you see how God moves on that tiny plot of land for the sake of His people, and prophesy, it may just begin to soften your hard heart.
It is not your sins, that are seperating you from God, it is your SIN.
I spoke with an atheist on another post today.
He said atheist does not mean they don't believe there is no god, but means there is no god based on anything any theist have shown them thus far.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
He's told you it's God's law. You responded to it, even.
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Why do post as if people haven't responded to you all while acting high and mighty, calling others dummies? You are the one who doesn't directly respond to questions.
I asked if it would be effective to determine the faithfulness of a wife.

No answer so far.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>lol...you don't figure anything, ever. That's why you can't follow a simple conversation without having to ask what's going on every few posts. Try to think for yourself,for once. You're one lazy chick.
That's another circular way to not answer a question.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "Holy" about some of the things God did? I'm no bible expert, but God allegedly did some nasty things. God did some mass murdering, so why not let serial killers just use the bible stories as a defense? I can just see it now..."Well God did it".
Well would you agree, "if there is a God ",that He would be God and us just His creation?

God only deals with sin one way, He kills it.

Yes He has had children killed, but He is God, and it stopped the blood line of that particular sec.

All babies go to Heaven, but God is God, we are not, but have no problem playing it.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "Holy" about some of the things God did? I'm no bible expert, but God allegedly did some nasty things. God did some mass murdering, so why not let serial killers just use the bible stories as a defense? I can just see it now..."Well God did it".
God's punishment of evil and corruption can be fierce.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

All babies go to Heaven........
Is this a fact or a belief?

Let us see if you know the difference.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
God's punishment of evil and corruption can be fierce.
So gods punishment is holy?
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou shalt not murder.
Where does it say abortion was a common practice?
More children was a safeguard for the community and the continuation of a society. Tell me where it says that the Israelites made a habit of executing their unborn children.
Ok, let's use your "logic" and question what you think the bible says.
Where does it say anything about homosexuality? Not that a 2000 book of hearsay is evidence of anything, but I'm curious to hear your reply.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 270,741 - 270,760 of304,915
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Baltimore Discussions

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min PDUPONT 1,072,438
Deer Park man found stabbed on front lawn (Apr '08) 22 hr David McSmitj 72
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr toomanymistakes 18,494
NAAWP IDENTIFIES WHITE TRASH -> LOIS LERNER LIE... Thu NAAWP CRIME NEWS UPDATE 1
OBAMAwage at least $21,000 per year Thu GOP failures 1
A kiss is still ... an issue for Bollywood actr... (Sep '07) Jul 8 jawed sheikh 4
Juvenile facility (Montrose School or others) i... (Aug '06) Jul 8 Sue Z 375
•••
•••
•••
Baltimore Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••